Login
Copyright (c) 2014 by Rocker87 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Rocker87 -- Blogmeister

Rocker87

2009

www.flickr.com

by Rocker87

teacher: Gordon Brune

Class Assignments
Blog Entries
Letter to my 12th grade self (A) 06/26/09
Constitution Works (A) 06/26/09
Akeelah And The Bee (A) 06/18/09
Students + Cursing = Trouble Part 4: Mad At Mario! (WP) 06/12/09
Students + Cursing = Trouble Part 3: Max and Frank Are Not Even With Sean and Steven (WP) 06/10/09
Students + Cursing = Trouble Part 2: In Mr. Henry’s Office (WP) 06/10/09
Students + Cursing = Trouble Part 1: The Situation! (WP) 06/08/09
HOLY SHRIMP! Same Old People and Same Old Curses! 06/03/09
Why Ants Never Lose Their Way (N) 05/29/09
AR Test for Half Magic (WP) 05/27/09
Show All
The World's Smallest Roadworthy Toy Car 05/15/09
Monster Spiders Invade Japan (N) 05/05/09
The Boy Who Cries Like A Baby (WP) 05/01/09
Lost on an Island (WP) 04/27/09
Coming Soon – A Special Car For Your Pooch (N) 04/17/09
Working Alone... BORING! (A) 04/16/09
Dapper Dachshund Is World's Oldest Dog! (N) 03/27/09
DARE (A) 03/24/09
Wimpy Kid Comic Contest (A) 03/16/09
Rocker87’s Top 10 Songs (1 Being The Best) (WP) 03/13/09
The Human Vending Machine (N) 03/13/09
Giddyup! – Jack Russell Tugs Owner Around (WP) 03/12/09
Buehler Debrief (A) 03/11/09
Final Pioneer Diary Entry of Fred Cox (A) 03/11/09
The Krispy Kreme Challenge (N) 02/13/09
Move Over Tesla, Here Comes The Aero (WP) 02/05/09
The Bionic Boy (N) 01/30/09
The stupid 4 (WP) 01/29/09
I have a dream (A) 01/21/09
How do all muscles work at a time? (A) 01/21/09
The Pledge of Allegiance (WP) 01/20/09
Numbers (WP) 01/15/09
O_O (WP) 01/15/09
My Description (WP) 01/15/09
A Flying Vehicle! (N) 01/15/09
Any Spare Comments Please? Thank You! (WP) 01/08/09
Frankie the Cat Burglar (N) 12/15/08
It’s a Christmas Day (WP, Audio) 12/12/08
Rocker87 (WP) 12/11/08
Top 5 Presidents (1 being the best) (WP) 12/08/08
Spongebob’s Ripped Pants Lyrics (WP) 12/08/08
Deaf Dalmatian Learns Sign Language (N) 12/04/08
Funny Jokes! Part 3 (WP) 12/02/08
My Teachers (WP) 12/02/08
My Brother is Kinda Weird (WP) 12/02/08
Top 5 Superheroes From Super Mario World (WP) 12/02/08
Do car honks and alarms annoy you? (WP) 12/02/08
Top 12 Foods (1 being the best) (WP) 12/02/08
You Know What They Say. . . ! (WP) 12/02/08
Top 5 Villains (WP) 12/02/08
When You Lose a Friend (WP) 11/26/08
Magic Trick Names (WP) 11/24/08
Top 15 Friends (1 being the best) (WP) 11/21/08
Top 5 Colors (WP) 11/19/08
The 3 R’s and S’s (WP) 11/19/08
My School Report (A) 11/19/08
Top 5 Teachers (1 being the best) (WP) 11/18/08
Top 10 Shows (1 being the best) (WP) 11/17/08
My Accidents (WP) 11/17/08
Mapletown's Property (A) 11/17/08
Top 10 Games For the Nintendo DS (10-1, 1 Being the Best) (WP) 11/13/08
Ok, Seriously, Are There Any Diary Of a Wimpy Kid Fans? (WP) 11/13/08
Funny Jokes! Part 2 (WP) 11/12/08
Funny Jokes! (WP) 11/06/08
The Presidents Of 2008 (A) 10/31/08
The Night Of the Car Accident (WP) 10/17/08
My Brother Is Annoying and Caring (WP) 10/15/08
World Ironman Championship In Hawaii (N) 10/14/08
What I Think About Diary of a Wimpy Kid (WP) 10/14/08
What can I do? (WP) 10/10/08
What Will I Get My Dad? (WP) 10/10/08
My Life Is Miserable (WP) 10/10/08
Cool nicknames (WP) 10/06/08
Trains (WP) 10/03/08
What is your favorite song? (WP) 10/03/08
Catching the rare Pokemon (WP) 10/02/08
Colorful Lobsters (N) 09/25/08
Mugsy (A) 09/25/08
America Is. . .(A) 09/17/08
My Friends Got Tactics (WP) 09/17/08
Dog Saves Owner by Calling 911 (N) 09/17/08

Article posted June 26, 2009 at 10:16 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 300

final letter



final letter 2

Article posted June 26, 2009 at 10:16 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 300



Article posted June 26, 2009 at 09:48 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 65

Brief and Oral Argument, Denver Dispatch



May it please the court; we are the petitioners, representing the Denver Dispatch newspaper.



We appear before you today to ask the Supreme Court to remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch from publishing articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory.



This case is all about how the Denver Dispatch should publish articles about secrets about the government’s biological warfare. We believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory.



The first reason we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in Schenck v. United States, in 1919.



This case was about if Charles Schenck could publish anti-war leaflets that said the government shouldn’t be able to force young men into war. Congress had passed a new law that said it was against the law to encourage men to not be drafted for the war.



Justice Holmes wrote as part of the majority, ““We have to ask ourselves every time that we look at a case, ‘Are the words that are said or written used in such a way that they cause a clear and present danger?’…It is a question of how close is this possible danger and how dangerous it could be. Things which we allow in peacetime are sometimes too dangerous to allow in wartime.”



We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because the Denver Dispatch has words that can cause danger. Also, things that are allowed in the Denver Dispatch in peacetime are dangerous in wartime.



The second reason we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in Near v. Minnesota in 1931.



This case was about whether Jay Near could publish his newspaper, the Saturday Press. The newspaper attacked everyone physically and emotionally.



Justice Hughes wrote as part of the majority that, ““We have usually believed that freedom of the press means that a newspaper can publish what is wants and that the government cannot stop it from publishing what it wants.”



We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because the First Amendment protects the Denver Dispatch’s right to publish what it wants. The Denver Dispatch can publish information on the biological warfare (anthrax X).



The third reason we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in New York Times v. United States in 1971.



This case was about if the New York Times could publish the “Pentagon Papers” and if they were breaking a law publishing these papers with secret information.



Justice White wrote as part of the majority, ““There are times in which the press can be prevented from publishing information about government plans or operations.”



We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because there are times when the Denver Dispatch can get prevented from publishing information but this time is not one of those times.



The last reasons we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the what is written in the United States Constitution.



It is written that in the Constitution that Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech or of the press. Congress is not allowed to make laws that stop people from speaking, writing, printing, and broadcasting.



We believe that this applies to the Denver Dispatch because the government has no right to stop the Denver Dispatch from writing and printing.



It is also written in the Constitution that the people of the United States set out rules that the government must follow. The Constitution was made to keep peace in the nation, bring about justice, defend the nation a s a whole from foreign enemies, make peoples’ lives better, and make sure that the people remain free.



We believe that this applies to the Denver Dispatch because the Denver Dispatch was written to warn the people of anthrax x. This defends people’s lives.



You have heard the arguments from the petitioner, the Denver Dispatch. We ask the Justices to uphold the freedom of the press granted in the First Amendment and to allow the newspaper to continue to publish the articles about biological warfare research.







Brief and Oral Argument, United States Government



May it please the court; we are the respondents, representing the United States government.



We appear before you today to ask the Supreme Court to uphold the court order that the lower court and the appeals court imposed on the Denver Dispatch newspaper.



This case is about not letting the Denver Dispatch publish military secrets about biological warfare in Boulder, Colorado.



We believe the Supreme Court should forbid the newspaper from publishing further articles about biological warfare research at the Boulder Research Laboratory.



The first reason we believe the Supreme Court should forbid the newspaper to publish further articles about biological warfare research at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in Schenck v. United States, in 1919.



This case was about Charles Schenck printing 15, 000 leaflets.



Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes wrote as part of the majority, “What someone is constitutionally allowed to do depends upon the time and place in which it is done. . .Things which we allow in peacetime are sometimes too dangerous to allow in wartime.”



We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because we are in a war. Freedom of speech isn’t important while in a war.



The second reason we believe the Supreme Court should forbid the newspaper to publish further articles about biological warfare research at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in Near v. Minnesota in 1931.



This case was about Jay Near publishing a newspaper which was anti-Jewish, anti-government, and it attacked everyone: gangsters, police, commissioners, and even the mayor.



Justice Butler wrote as part of the minority, “The newspaper has already published false and outrageous stories that harm the reputations of various people. The use of the law in this case is a way of punishing the newspaper for already abusing its right of freedom of the press.”



We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because the Denver Dispatch is already abusing the Freedom of the Press.



The third reason we believe the Supreme Court should forbid the newspaper from publishing further articles about biological warfare research at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in New York Times v. United States in 1971.



This case was about whether it was constitutional for the New York Times to publish past military secrets and the thinking of the U.S. generals.



Justice Blackmun wrote as part of the minority opinion. “Each section of the Constitution is important and [we] do not believe that the First Amendment is so important. . . .”



We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because we believe the First Amendment isn’t that important that it stands above the other sections.



The last reason we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the what is written in the United States Constitution.



It is written in the Constitution that the Constitution was made to “keep peace in the nation.”



We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because if the lab gives out secrets there will be no peace in the nation.



It is also written in the Constitution that “the President is the Chief Executive.”



We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because he (or she) must protect us if he (or she) thinks it is dangerous.



You have heard the arguments from the respondents, the United States government. We ask the Justices to uphold the constitutional right of the government to protect the national security by blocking the Denver Dispatch articles on biological warfare research.







Denver Dispatch v. United States 2009

Docket Number 93-8000



1. The Story:

The government want to stop the publication of the Denver Dispatch newspaper because they think it’s saying military secrets about a biological weapons laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. In the lower courts the Denver Dispatch lost and they kept appealing until they got to the Supreme Court.



2. The Denver Dispatch Goes to the Supreme Court



The lawyers for the government argued:

The lawyers for the government argued that the Denver Dispatch should not publish the Denver Dispatch because they thought it was giving away military secrets. They argued that the First Amendment right to Freedom of the Press was not the most important Amendment.



The lawyers for the Denver Dispatch argued:

The lawyers for the Denver Dispatch argued that they have the freedom to print their articles and the people should know what the military is doing in the lab.



The Supreme Court Justices decided:

The Supreme Court voted 5 to 4 in favor of the Denver Dispatch.



Writing for the majority, Justice RockGirl voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. She wrote:



I, RockGirl, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have this right because you can’t break the Constitution because terrorists “might” attack or “may” attack. I do not believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing because if the government stops the Denver Dispatch from publishing terrorists may still attack.



Writing for the majority, Justice Mets1 voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. He wrote:



I, Mets1, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because like the Denver Dispatch said, terrorists won’t attack because it is peace time not war time.



I believe the Government doesn’t have the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because the Congress has no right to make laws that stop people from speaking, writing, printing, or broadcasting. I don’t think they have anything to be worried about because it is peacetime.



Writing for the majority, Justice SuperStar9 voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. She wrote:



I, SuperStar9, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military Laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have this right because, “there are times in which the press can be prevented from publishing information about government plans or operations.” But this time is not one of those times. I do not believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military in Boulder, Colorado. We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because the Denver Dispatch is already abusing the freedom of the press. But they aren’t publishing false and outrageous stories. So why punish them?



Writing for the majority, Justice HolibackGurl voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. She wrote:



I, HolibackGurl, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe that they have this right because they published one article and there has been no terrorist attack. Also they are warning people about this Anthrax X so if this stuff got out it could have killed someone. I do not believe the government has this Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because they put national security in front of the First Amendment. Also they didn’t do very well about answering questions.



Writing for the majority, Justice BlackPanther voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. He wrote:



I, BlackPanther, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have this right because the people should know what the government is doing in the lab. The government said they have the cure for Anthrax X so why are they afraid that the Denver Dispatch will publish the secrets? We are in peacetime not in wartime. I do not believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because they said they have the cure for Anthrax X so why should they be afraid. The Denver Dispatch has freedom of speech and freedom of the press.



Writing for the minority, Justice Alvarez voted in favor of the government. He wrote:



I, Mario64, believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have this right because they want to publish papers that reveal the military secrets. I do not believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because it’s revealing military secrets that are not supposed to be heard even if there is a virus or anything that might get us sick.



Writing for the minority, FamousStar3000, voted in favor of the government. She wrote:



I, FamousStar3000, believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I think the government has the right to stop publishing these articles. The government wants to keep our county safe. I do not believe the Denver Dispatch has the right to publish these articles. The articles might fall into the wrong hands and something bad might happen. Even though it’s been peacetime for a long time, you don’t know what can happen. Something can happen any day now if those articles are published.



Writing for the minority, Justice Luigi2Power voted in favor of the government. He wrote:



I, Luigi2Power, believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military lab in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have the right because like they said, if the newspaper was published then our enemies can find out and the public might worry. I do not believe the Denver Dispatch has the right to publish information about the military secrets because our enemies might find out, and they will make a plan to destroy us.



Writing for the minority, Justice MusicGirl voted in favor of the government. She wrote:



I, MusicGirl, believe the Government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory. I believe they have this right because what if the next five articles put us in danger if they are published? What if people find out more about Anthrax X and it gets in the wrong hands and hurts innocent people and the military can’t get there in time to stop the Anthrax X? Like the attorneys for the government said, “The First Amendment isn’t the most important part of the Constitution.” I believe that because it’s not the only Amendment or the only part of the Constitution. I think they should all be thought of as equally. Also, like the people in my family say, “You’re better safe than sorry.” I do not believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Bolder, Colorado. First, when I saw the attorneys argue for the Denver Dispatch they looked like they weren’t collected. But when I saw the attorneys argue for the government, I thought that they were very put together and knew what they were doing. Second, I liked the way they said their argument and stated their rebuttal. They answered the questions very clearly, and I wasn’t as confused when they were stating their rebuttal and argument. So that’s why I agree with the government.

Article posted June 26, 2009 at 09:48 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 65



Article posted June 18, 2009 at 05:14 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 101

This is a really great movie!



This movie is about a girl making it to spelling bees. She trains hard, hard, hard, with her coach until she knows it all. The main characters are Dillan, Javier, Akeelah’s mom, Mr. Welch, Professor Larabie, and Akeelah. This movie takes place in Las Angeles, California and Washington D.C. This movie is “Akeelah And The Bee”. You should see this movie. It is the most inspiring movie!



First, you should see this movie because this movie is inspiring. Akeelah was inspired to become a spelling champion!



Second, this movie is pressuring. You never know if Akeelah will win or not! This makes the movie pretty interesting!



Last, this movie can inspire YOU to be in a spelling bee! Maybe YOU can make it to Washington D.C.! You never know if YOU will WIN!



This movie is very inspiring and pressuring. It is a spelling bee! So if you want to see a movie that is really inspiring and pressuring, go see “Akeelah And The Bee”!

Article posted June 18, 2009 at 05:14 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 101



Article posted June 12, 2009 at 03:38 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 139

Frank, Max, Sean and Steven were mad at Mario. The whole situation was because of him. Now Mario wasn’t a bad boy. He just hated Frank. Mario wrote that love note. This explains why Frank was mad at Mario.



Max was mad only because since Mario wrote the note, Frank was chasing the wrong person, and they got detention. Sean and Steven were a little mad at Mario. Sean and Steven were only mad at Mario because the whole situation was because of him. Other than that, they were not mad. They were really calm boys. That is, except Max and Frank. Max and Frank were mad. VERY mad. So all 4 boys planned to confront Mario.



Frank said, “Where is that brat?!”



Sean replied, “Well, he likes to do art after school.”



Steven said, “Then he must be in Ms. Lana’s art room!”



Max said,”OK! Let’s go!”



So the boys went to school. It was Thursday. There are lots of after school things to do, so that explains why the school closes at 4:30. The boys finally got to Ms. Stephanie Lana’s art room. Ms. Lana said, “Hello! What can I do for you boys?”



Steven replied, “Is Mario Duson here?”



Ms. Lana replied, “Oh, yes! He is at table 7. Would you like to talk to him?”



Max replied, “Good. Yes, we would like to talk to him.”



Ms. Lana called for Mario. “Mr. Duson!”



Mario called, “OK! Coming!” Mario saw the 4 boys. He had no clue why all 4 boys were mad at him.



Frank said, “Hey Mario, do you know why we are here?”



Mario replied, “No.”



Max relied, “We came here to tell you that the love note you wrote on Frank’s back pack got me and Frank in trouble.”



Ms. Lana said, “Mario!”



Mario exclaimed, “So what? It was revenge for Frank spilling ice cream on my face in front of Casey.”



Sean and Steven said, “Mario, we told on them! It was your fault! We made them stay 45 minutes after school all because of you!”



Ms. Lana said to herself, whispering, “Oh, dear. This could get bad. I ought to call Mr. Henry.” So she called him.



“Hello?” Said Mr. Henry.



Ms. Lana said, “Mr. Henry, we have a bit of a problem here. Mario Duson, Frank Holland, Max Anderson, Steven Harold, and Sean Homer are mad at each other because Mr. Duson wrote a love note on Frank’s back pack. I heard it.”



Mr. Henry replied, “Ok. I will call them to my office, Stephanie.”



Ms. Lana replied, “Thank you.” Then they hung up.



Frank said to Mario, “Mario, why did you do this you little piece of -- "



Frank would have cursed. But he didn’t. He would have. But at that moment, the speaker in the art room was saying,



“Frank Holland, Max Anderson, Sean Homer, Mario Duson, and Steven Harold, please come to Mr. Henry’s office. Repeat. All 5 boys please come to Mr. Henry’s office.”



All 5 boys looked at each other in shock. Then they said, “Uh, Oh!”



To Be Continued... .

Article posted June 12, 2009 at 03:38 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 139



Article posted June 10, 2009 at 03:42 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 318

Max and Frank were mad at Sean and Steven. Max even said, “Sean and Steven, we are not even!”



Frank said, “Where are those brats?! I want to pound them until they cry for mercy!”



Max and Frank were thinking about where Sean and Steven were. Max finally figured it out. “If Sean and Steven like biking a lot, they must be in the park! There is a lot of room to bike in the park! Plus, it’s a great way to go after school!”



Frank replied, “OK, let’s go!”



It was 3:45. Sean and Steven were still biking in the park. Steven was a bit nervous. He had a feeling that someone was mad at him and Sean was going straight to them. “Sean, do you think someone is coming here right now?"



Sean replied, “I doubt it.”



Then Steven and Sean were surprised. They heard voices. Frank and Max arrived. “Sean Homer and Steven Harold, we got you now.” said Frank and Max. They also said, “We got you right where we want you.”



Steven said, “Sean, I told you…”



Sean said, “What do you guys want?”



Frank replied, “We want to know how you know about our situation.”



Sean replied, “We saw the whole thing and told Mr. Henry!”



Steven said, “We told Mr. Henry because we tried to help!”



Max replied, “How could you help us when you made us stay 45 MINUTES AFTER SCHOOL?!”



Frank said, “Plus, this thing is all Mario Duson’s fault!”



Sean asked, “So, you are mad at us just because we told on you?”



Steven said, “Guys, just because we told on you doesn’t mean we have to fuss.”



Max replied, “We are not mad because you told on us. We are mad because you made us stay 45 minutes after school!”



Sean and Steven replied, “Well, sorry.”



Max and Frank replied, “We are sorry too. We were just a little mad.”



Sean and Steven replied, “We promise we will never make you stay after school again.”



Max and Frank replied, “Sorry we yelled. We promise we will never do that again. But we are still mad at one person.”



“Who is that person?” asked Sean and Steven.



Max and Frank replied, “Mario Duson!”



To Be Continued... .

Article posted June 10, 2009 at 03:42 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 318



Article posted June 10, 2009 at 02:52 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 69

Max and Frank were walking to Mr. Henry’s office. They were really mad at each other.



Frank said, “Max, this is your entire fault! If you hadn’t told on me, none of this would have happened!”



Max replied, “Frank, even if I didn’t tell on you, we still would be in trouble because I heard on the phone while Mr. Henry was talking to Ms. Cappona that Sean and Steven saw the whole thing! And why were you chasing me?”



Frank said, “Because you wrote all over my notebook, ‘I Love Casey!’ with big letters!”



Max replied, “I didn’t do that! I saw Mario Duson do that! He likes Casey Ramirez. You embarrassed him in front of her. That is why he wrote that you like Casey! He told me!”



Frank screamed, “Oh, my god! I am going to get that rascal!”



The boys finally reached Mr. Henry’s office. Sean and Steven were riding their bikes at the park. 3:00 was dismissal. It was 3:15.



“Welcome, boys, have a seat. I want to talk to you about something,” Mr. Henry said. “Now, which one of you boys wants to tell their story first? Ms. Cappona is here to tell me if you are lying.”



Frank told his story first. “I was chasing him because I thought he wrote ‘I Love Casey’ on my backpack!”



Then Max told his story. “But it was Mario Duson who did that! He told me!”



Mr. Henry replied, “I will get Mario in here after we solve this problem. Frank, what do you want from Max?”



Frank replied, “I want Max next time to tell me when I make a mistake.”



“Max, what do you want from Frank?” Asked Mr. Henry.



“I want him to think twice before he chases me.”



Then Mr. Henry told what he wanted from both of them. “Will you promise to stop fighting and cursing?” The students replied, “OK!”



So that problem was over. But Max and Frank still had one problem. “We are so going to get Sean and Steven!” said Max.



Frank replied, “Oh, wait till they see my face!”



To be continued...

Article posted June 10, 2009 at 02:52 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 69



Article posted June 8, 2009 at 03:42 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 91

One day there was this boy named Sean. Sean liked to play video games and go outside a lot.



One day Sean was at school. He was playing with his friend, Steven. Steven said, “Hey, do you know some students who curse?”



Sean replied, “Umm, no. But I do know curses get you in trouble.”



Then out of nowhere, another one of Sean’s friends, Max, was being chased by Frank, the bully. But Max finally got to a teacher. Max was puffing to the teacher, “He… was chasing me… and he was cursing too… huff…”



So the teacher said, “Max Anderson, go to the nurse. As for you, Frank Holland, go in my room for detention. Now!!”



So Frank muttered, “Max, you little piece of --"



He would have cursed if the teacher didn’t say, “Go to my room!”



Max said, “Frank, you (Curse Word)!”



The teacher said, “Max, how could you say such a bad word? Come with me to detention!”



Sean and Steven were witnesses. So they both went to tell the Principal everything. The Principal asked, “Where are Max and Frank? I want to see them!”



“They’re in Ms. Cappona’s room! They are in her room for detention.” Sean replied. The Principal, Mr. Henry, called Ms. Cappona.



“Hello?”



“Yes, this is Tyler Henry calling to see if Max Anderson and Frank Holland were in your room.”



“Yes.”



“Sean Homer and Steven Harold told me everything. Holly Cappona, please send the two students to my office.”



Both adults hung up. Ms. Cappona turned to Max and Frank. “Mr. Henry wants you in his office. Go. Now.”



Frank and were very afraid getting sent to the principal. “Mr. Henry?!” said Frank.



Max said, “Uh, Oh!”



To be continued. . . .

Article posted June 8, 2009 at 03:42 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 91



Article posted June 3, 2009 at 03:02 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 123

Are you tired of students cursing around you? Come to my school. People here don’t curse often. You should not curse!



First of all, students can be obsessed with cursing. Once, a person was cursing and laughing. When people become obsessed with cursing, it can bother others. One of my classmates curses a lot.



Next, curses are bad words. People who curse a lot say bad words very often. Once, someone was so mad at me he cursed a lot. Cursing means bad stuff.



Most importantly, you will get in trouble. One time, one of my classmates almost said a full curse word in front of a monitor. He almost got in trouble. Cursing always means trouble.



Students who swear could say, “I didn’t mean to curse.” Or, “my parents were cursing.” Students could curse because they were mad or they saw someone else cursing. They’re still wrong because even though students could be mad, they could say, “Please stop.” They shouldn’t have to curse. It could hurt others’ feelings.



Students who curse MAY be bad people. Cursing CAN mean a bad situation. You may learn some curses, but don’t use them. Tell on the people who curse. So if you don’t want to risk getting in trouble, go and be a curse-free person!

Article posted June 3, 2009 at 03:02 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 123



Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:45 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 124

The termite-hunting ants in Rio de Janeiro are quite astonishing. Like GPS systems, these ants have magnet-like antennas on them when they are born to help them navigate their way anywhere or to catch prey. These magnet-like antennas have a weak signal in the Earth’s Core. Some desert ants have good eyes. We wonder what we will discover next about these insects.



I think this is cool but gross. The magnet-like antennas are cool, but the termite hunting part is weird. Termites eat everything in sight. I hate those insects…



div class="kwout" style="text-align: center;">http://www.dogonews.com/2009/05/25/why-ants-never-lose-their-way

Kids news - Why Ants Never Lose Their Way via kwout





http://www.dogonews.com/2009/05/25/why-ants-never-lose-their-way

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:45 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 124



Article posted May 27, 2009 at 07:18 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 78

[Editor's note: After reading a book, students are invited to compose an Accelerated Reader (AR) quiz. The quiz is added to the school's computer database of AR quizzes and other students are invited to take the quiz and earn points towards prizes! The answers for this quiz have not been revealed in case someone wants to take the quiz.]



1: What was the order of the children from youngest to oldest?

A. Jane, Martha, Mark, Katharine

B. Katharine, Martha, Mark, Jane

C. Jane, Mark, Katharine, Martha

D. Mark, Martha, Katharine, Jane



2: Who was the first one to get the charm?

A. Mark

B. Jane

C. Martha

D. Katharine



3: What happened when the children’s’ mother wished herself home?

A. She was home

B. She was in the patio

C. She was halfway home

D. Nothing



4: How did the mother get a hold of the charm?

A. She needed a nickel for the carfare

B. She found out about the charm

C. She the charm on the floor

D. She needed the charm



5: What happened when Martha was half- there?

A. She went into a bookstore

B. She wished herself back

C. She went home

D. She went back in the theater



6: What did the children call Mr. Smith?

A. Hugo

B. Huge

C. Hugh

D. Uncle Huge



7: What did the children’s’ mother thought she was going?

A. Blind

B. Deaf

C. Insane

D. Paralyzed



8: What did the children’s’ mother want to change about Mr. Smith?

A. His mustache

B. His voice

C. His car

D. His height



9: How long did the children have the charm?

A. 3 days

B. 1 week

C. 10 days

D. 1 day



10: What was Jane’s last wish?

A. For her father

B. To go to sleep

C. To have a new family

D. To start a fire



Article posted May 27, 2009 at 07:18 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 78



Previous Entries All Entries       All Titles

About the Blogger

Books I’ve read:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
See other books we’ve read HERE

I'm SMART and I have my Internet Driver's License!

smart

Get "AnswerTips" about ANY word on this website by double clicking the word!

Latest 10 Comments
Login
Copyright (c) 2014 by Rocker87 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister