Copyright (c) 2014 by Mario64 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mario64 -- Blogmeister

Mario64

2009

by Mario64

teacher: Gordon Brune

Title: Election Issues (A) (01/28/09)

Immigration

McCain wants to provide a legal way for some illegal immigrants to become citizens. And create fences in the border of Mexico so immigrants can’t come to the US.

Obama wants to make illegal immigrants eventually become citizen. He also wants to support immigration reform legislation that would have enhanced border security

Health

McCain wants to reform health care and make insurance more affordable for individuals and families. He would offer tax credits to help Americans pay for health insurance.

Obama would create a national health insurance program that would cover uninsured individuals.

Education

McCain voted for the No Chilled Left Behind

(NCLB) Act. NCLB requires public schools to achieve certain test standards before receiving federal dollars.

Obama wants to reform the NCLB Act. Like McCain, he would reward high-achieving teachers and increase the number of children who are eligible for early-childhood education programs.

What I Think

Immigration

I agree with Obama that he wants to make illegal immigrants eventually become citizens. I don't like how McCain wants to provide a way to create a 700-mile fence along the U.S.-Mexican border.

Health

Obama wants to create a national health insurance program that would cover uninsured individuals. That’s good for lots of people. McCain wants to reform health care and make insurance more affordable for individuals and families. This time I agree with both of them.

Education

Obama wants to reform the NCLB Act. Like McCain, he would reward high-achieving teachers and increase the number of children who are eligible for early-childhood education programs. McCain voted for the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act. NCLB requires public schools to achieve certain test standards before receiving federal dollars. I agree with Obama.

Who I would I vote for and why?

If I could vote, I would vote for Barack Obama and you should too. I would vote for Obama because most of the stuff he wants to do is for the people of the U.S. The biggest thing I would ask the next president to do for the U.S. is to lower the taxes so people could afford more stuff.

ECONOMY

Obama and McCain both want to cut taxes because they want a better country. But Obama is going to improve social services and McCain wants to have more job opportunities.

War in Iraq

Obama didn’t like the idea that the war started but if Mr. McCain is going to send more people into the war if Obama wins, he’ll bring all the soldiers home. McCain thinks the people in Iraq are starting trouble with the Americans and Obama thinks the war costs too many lives anyway.

HEALTH CARE

Obama and McCain want to lower the amount of money on health care insurance because people can’t afford it. People who don’t have health care can die!

Obama is going to win the election!

I think Obama should become president because he cares for this country and doesn’t want to send more people out to the war unless it’s necessary!

I think the NEXT president should tax the rich people with that MUCH money because the poor CAN NOT pay for the taxes when it’s that much money. It they pay the taxes they can’t buy FOOD!

Barack Obama on Education

Barack Obama wants to vote for the NCLB act and wants to reward high achieving teachers. He would also like to make science and math the top subjects. The last thing is that he wants more pre-school programs.

John McCain on Education

John McCain wants to vote for the NCLB act just like Obama and. That means the schools have to get certain test standards. He also wants to reward top teachers with bonuses and use federal money to build virtual schools. Last, he says that schools should compete for students just as businesses do.

Barack Obama on Global Warming

Barack Obama is supporting reducing greenhouse gasses and wants to make the U.S a global leader. Last, he wants to reward forest owners, farmers, and ranchers who plant trees and restore grasslands.

John McCain on Global warming

John McCain talked to the legislation last year and is trying to lower Greenhouse Gasses. Last he supports alternative energy sources.

Barack Obama on Jobs and Economy

Barack Obama wants to raise minimum wages to help workers pay for better living. He also wants to make new laws that will help people who take out loans to own their home. Last he is trying to help local business become successful.

John McCain on Jobs and Economy

John McCain wants to keep tax rates low for everyone and cut back on not needed government spending. Last he wants to teach Americans so they don’t lose their jobs.

I think that Education is a very important part in the U.S.A because without it we couldn’t even have a president!

I think Global Warming is a very serious thing because in the future there might be another ice age. So I think if we work together we can stop the world from having another ice age.

I think that if people don't increase the minimum wage people will quit their jobs. Then if nobody is working how will we eat? How will we buy clothes? I think businesses are losing money because of the taxes.

I think I will chose both candidates because to me they both have the same causes. If you listen to them say what they would do to fix them if they were president they pretty much say the same thing.

What I would want our future president to do is to make a holiday around the U.S.A that everybody can go to their local candy store and everybody can get as much free candy as they want!

Article posted October 31, 2008 at 03:29 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 104

Education

Obama wants to reform the NCLB Act. He would reward high-achieving teachers. He would make math and science top education priorities. “Students should spend more time learning,” he said. He wants students to start their educations in Pre-K.

McCain wants to reward good teachers and schools while offering bad teachers another career and put bad schools out of business. He votes for No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act. He wants the NCLB to require public schools to achieve certain test standards before receiving federal dollars. He said if a student is not learning, they have the right to switch. He will allow parents to choose which school they want their child to go to.

Health Care

Obama wants to make insurance companies spend more on patient care. He wants to give the general public the option to choose health plans similar to that of government employees. Obama would create a national health insurance program that would cover uninsured individuals. He would require that all children be covered and would permit young people under the age of 25 to be covered under their parents’ plans. He wants to lower health care costs.

McCain wants to make patients the center of care and give them a larger role in both disease prevention and care. He wants to reform health care to make insurance more affordable for individuals and families. He would offer tax credits to help Americans pay for health insurance. He would propose lowering the cost of drugs and expanding community health care centers. He would fund more federal research of chronic diseases.

Economy

Obama would provide tax relief for working families, middle class Americans, and senior citizens. He would address the current housing crisis by creating a fund aimed to helping families refinance their mortgages or sell their home. He wants to cut taxes for working families and give rebates to taxpayers.

McCain would allow families affected by current housing crisis to trade their existing mortgages for more affordable loans. He wants to support tax cuts for middle-class families and corporations. McCain vows to eliminate wasteful government spending. He wants to cut taxes for rich people.

Education

I think McCain should not make bad schools like a business because I’m sure they are trying to do their best.

Not everybody likes math and science the best. I don’t think Obama should say that. I agree with Obama when he said we children need to spend more time learning.

Health Care

I think they both care a lot about health care. I think Obama was especially nice when he said he will make the insurance companies spend more on patient care, and when he said he wanted to lower the cost of health care.

Economy

I think it is nice for McCain to want to cut taxes. Obama also wants to cut taxes, but he wants to cut taxes for poor or working families. McCain is cutting taxes for rich people.

I pick Obama because McCain is going to make bad schools like a business. I just like it when people are treated the same way.

I want the next president to try to make something that can stop pollution.

Article posted October 31, 2008 at 03:04 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 91

Health Care

I think Obama’s idea for health care is good. He would create a national insurance program that would cover people who don’t have insurance and the program would make sure that all children under 25 years old will be covered under their parents’ plans. Also he would stop Bush tax cuts for people who make over $250,000 a year. I think that is a good idea.

McCain, on the other hand, is going to make health insurance cost less money so people can afford it and give Americans tax credits to help them pay.

Education

Obama would reform the NCLB Act. Like McCain, he would reward high achieving teachers. But I think that he should reward most of the teachers anywhere. He should reward the top 20 best teachers because if you’re a teacher you don’t have to worry about, like, five teachers being a better teacher than you.

McCain would require public schools to achieve certain test standards before receiving federal dollars and reward high achieving teachers.

Economy

Obama would provide tax relief for working families, middle class Americans, and senior citizens.

McCain would allow families affected by the current housing crisis to trade their existing mortgages for more affordable loans.

I don’t have any thoughts on the economy for both Barack Obama and McCain.

I would like Obama to be elected for president because he is smart, he is nice, and he doesn’t want to fight like McCain.

Article posted October 31, 2008 at 02:59 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 1058

Heath Care

Barack Obama wants to lower heath care. He wants to simplify the paper work. He would like large business to help pay for employee heath care. He wants to make insurance companies spend more on heath care.

John McCain wants to make heath care more affordable. He wants to fund more federal research on the plan for heath care.

I think that Barack Obama is right to lower heath care and make it more affordable for people.

I think that John McCain is right to make federal research on it.

Education

John McCain believes that schools should be part of the education plan. He thinks that parents should be allowed to pick which schools their children should go to.

Barack Obama believes every child should have education. He helped create the early learning program for poor people. He would make science and math top educational priorities.

I think that John McCain is right to believe that schools should be part of the education plan.

I think Barack Obama is right to believe that every child should have education.

Jobs and the Economy

John McCain wants to keep tax rates low for everyone. He also wants to cut back on wasteful government spending.

Barack Obama raised the minimum wage to help workers pay for a better cost of living. He wants to work to keep local business successful.

I think that John McCain is right to keep tax rates low for everyone.

I think that Barack Obama is right to raise the wage to help workers pay for a better cost of living.

I would vote for Barack Obama because I feel heath care is really important to me and he wants to lower the cost of it.

I would like him to think about what he would do about global warming.

Article posted October 31, 2008 at 02:59 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 91

IMMIGRATION

John McCain does not want the illegal immigrants to come.

If Obama wins, the illegal immigrants that are here can be U.S citizens.

I agree with Obama because he is going to let the illegal immigrants in New York State be U.S citizens.

I disagree with McCain because he wants the immigrants to leave New York. Why, if they need work and their kids are in school?

HEALTH CARE

McCain wants to change health care, and he wants to pay those that don’t have money.

Obama is going to make a new national health program.

I disagree with McCain because why is he going to let the government pay health care for those people?

I agree with Obama because he is going to make a new national health program and health insurance for people under 25.

GLOBAL WARMING

McCain is going to tell people to use something else and not use gas.

Obama is going to pay forest owners, farmers, and ranchers who plant trees and restore grasslands.

I agree with Obama because he is going to pay forest owners, farmers, and ranchers who plant trees and restore grasslands. I think that’s good because they are not just working for nothing, they need to be paid.

I disagree with McCain because what is he

going to find for the cars that are not using gas?

WHO DO I VOTE FOR?

I vote for Obama because he is going to let the illegal immigrants that are here be U.S citizens and pay those people that are working so hard to make this place better.

WHO I THINK SHOULD BE OUR FUTURE PRESIDENT!

Who I think should be our future president is Obama because he said good things and maybe he can make a better life.

Article posted October 31, 2008 at 02:51 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 77

Health Care

Barack Obama and John McCain stood up for health care because they tried to lower the prices of health insurances. Obama also tried to lower the price of health operations. John McCain tried to lower taxes for health.

Economy

Barack Obama will fight to lower the price for gas. And John McCain will fight to lower the price of the tax for gas. Barack Obama and John McCain fight to lower the price and the price of the tax for gas so that more people could have no trouble with lower prices to fill up their cars.

Education

Barack Obama would help children get education. Barack Obama would reward any teacher that educates any children well. John McCain would help to build schools. Without John McCain, there would be less schools. Without Barack Obama, there would be less educated kids or less teachers.

I am going to tell you about what I think for Barack Obama and John McCain. Barack Obama is impressive because he stood up for health and education. He also stood up for high gas prices. John McCain practically did the same things. I think it is good for Obama and McCain to stand up for education, health, and high prices. These two will fight for a good destiny for people. I also think they are very brave to stand up for these things.

There will be one candidate I will vote for. The candidate I would vote for is Barack Obama. I vote for him because unlike John McCain, he wants to fix health insurance. McCain tried to lower the tax for it. And Barack Obama will award any teachers that educate students very well.

If I were president when I grow up, I would serve my country. I would serve my country by not letting any wars happen, like Barack Obama did to try and interrupt the war of Iraq. I’d also fight to lower any prices and declare new and safe laws for people. That’s how I would serve my country.

Article posted October 31, 2008 at 02:39 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 102

Economy

Obama wants to spend $150 billion to develop cars that hold less gas and electricity that uses wind and solar power.

McCain wants people to collect more money. That way later in the future they can buy more food and more fuel.

War in Iraq

Obama wants to take people out of the war so they can help people that are homeless and poor.

McCain is taking people out of the war so they can help him pay bills.

Education

Obama wants to build new schools and he also wants to increase education programs.

McCain just wants to build schools.

Global warming

Obama is telling farmers, ranchers, and forest owners to grow more grass and more trees.

McCain is telling people to stop driving a lot because kids could get sick.

Economy

I think Obama is doing a great thing by donating $150 billion to poor people.

War in Iraq

I think McCain is doing a wrong thing by taking people out of the army so they can help him pay bills.

Education

I think Obama and McCain did a good thing by building new schools. But Obama is doing a super nice thing buy trying to increase education programs.

Global warming

I think Obama and McCain are doing a great job. Obama is telling farmers, ranchers, and forest owners to try to grow more grass and more trees. McCain is trying to tell people to stop driving a lot because kids could get sick.

I would choose Obama because he’s doing better things than McCain. For example, Obama is taking people out of the army so they can help the homeless and the poor people from danger. And McCain is taking people out of the war so they can help him pay bills.

I would want Obama to stop bad drugs, steroids, smoking tobacco, and drinking because that can affect kids from getting sick.

Article posted October 30, 2008 at 07:05 PM GMT0 • comment (7) • Reads 114

War

John McCain supported the invasion of Iraq and still does.

Barack Obama doesn’t like the war.

I think war is bad.

Work

John McCain wants to keep tax rates low.

Barack Obama wants to raise minimum wage.

I think they’re both wrong.

Economy

Barack Obama says, “we are all in this together.”

John McCain said, “the great goal is to get the American economy running.”

I like Obama‘s idea.

I would pick Obama because he’s smart and nice. I would like to see kids voting.

Article posted October 30, 2008 at 05:52 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 100

Education

John McCain says voted for the No Children Left Behind (NCLB) which requires public school to achieve certain test standards to receive federal dollars.

Barack Obama says that he wants to reform the NCLB act and reward high achieving teachers. He would make science and math top educational priorities.

I think that John McCain and Barack Obama are doing the right thing because they both want to help the No Children Act (NCLB).

War in Iraq

John McCain is in favor of using military force in Iraq. He backed President Bush’s vote of a war spending bill that sent more troops to Iraq.

Barack Obama says he opposed the 2003 military invasion of Iraq. He did not vote for a war spending bill. He would begin withdrawing most US troops from Iraq by 2008.

I have nothing to say about the war because it is hard to think about.

Immigration

John McCain co-sponsored immigration reform legislation that would have enhanced border security technology and provide a legal way for some illegal immigrants to eventually become US citizens.

Obama says that he supported immigration reform legislation that would have enhanced border security technology and allowed some illegal immigrants to eventually become US citizens legally.

I think that Obama is doing the right thing because he is letting some immigrants here in New York.

I would vote for Obama because he would let some illegal immigrants stay here in New York. It is good idea because without immigrants New York won’t be the same.

What I would want a president to do is lower prices so people can buy things instead of people not buying.

Article posted October 30, 2008 at 03:33 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 152

BARACK OBAMA VS JOHN McCAIN

IMMIGRATION

OBAMA is going to let immigrants become citizens. He is going to help Mexico become richer. Why? Because he does not want any more illegal immigrants to come.

I agree with Obama that he should give illegal immigrants a chance. Why? Because people come here to find work and not just to sit around and do nothing.

McCain is only going to let some illegal immigrants become citizens. He is also wants the factory owners to make people sign a form to see if they are illegal or not. He wants Canada and South America to become stronger so they are not going to leave and come to New York.

I disagree with McCain because he wants people that are hired to have to sign a form. So they know if the person is illegal. He also wants illegal immigrants to leave, and he won’t even give them a chance. He wants to help Canada and South America to be stronger and richer so people do not leave and come to New York.

HEALTH CARE

Obama is going to cover kid’s national health. He is also going to tax more to people that get paid more to help people that can’t pay health insurance.

Obama is going to be a good president because he is going to cover that bill for the kid’s national health. He is going to tax more to the people that get paid $250,000 and that money is going to help pay the poor peoples’ health insurance.

McCain wants to change health and lower taxes and give money to people that need money to pay their taxes.

I agree with McCain too because he is going to lower that tax and give money to people to pay their taxes that do not have money to pay their taxes.

GLOBAL WARMING

Obama is going to pay forest owners, farm owners, and ranchers who plant trees and restore grasslands. He is going to tell the world to stop using gas.

I think that what Obama is going to do is nice because he said he was going to pay people that are forest owners, farmers and ranchers who plant trees and restore grasslands because they are using something else than gas. He is going to tell the world to stop using so much gas.

McCain is going to tell people to use something else than gas.

I also think that what McCain is going to do is a nice thing for the animals because he is asking the world to use something else than gas.

I would vote for Obama because he is going to let illegal immigrants become citizens and he is going to help the world and make it a better place.

I would want Obama to let illegal immigrants to become citizens.

Article posted October 29, 2008 at 02:50 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 140

Economy

Obama wants to develop 150 billion dollars so cars can start using less gas and electricity can use solar power.

McCain wants people to collect money. But that is bad because people will start not caring about how much the gas costs. And kids might get sick.

I think Obama is doing a good thing by donating $150 billion dollars to the poor people.

War in Iraq

Obama wants to take people out of the war so they can take care of them when something bad is going to happen and so they can help poor people.

McCain wants to take people out of the war. But it’s not to help anyone like helpless people. He wants them to help him pay bills.

I think it is kind of a bad thing that McCain is taking people out of the war to help him pay his bills.

Education

Obama wants to build schools for kids who are in poor families and can’t afford to pay for school.

McCain wants to build schools.

I think that Obama is doing a good thing by building schools as well as McCain.

Global warming

Obama is telling forest owners to plant trees and more grass. He is also telling ranchers and farmers.

I think that Obama is doing

good by telling farmers, ranchers, and forest owners to plant more trees and grass.

McCain is trying to tell people not to drive a lot because kids get sick by the gas.

War in Iraq

I think it is kind of a bad thing that McCain is taking people out of war so they help him pay his bills.

I think that Obama is doing a good thing by building schools as well as John McCain.

If I were able to vote for president I would chose Borack Obama. One example is that he is trying to save homeless people.

I think Obama should be president because he doing great thinks. He is trying to fix illegal immigration so it won’t be illegal any more.

Article posted October 29, 2008 at 02:38 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 113

Illegal Immigration

Barack Obama is making illegal immigration not illegal anymore because some people are trying to live their dream to come to America from some place in Central America.

John McCain is making the fence so the people of Mexico will not enter illegally.

War in Iraq

Barack Obama is saying that there are so many troops in Iraq so he can take some of them out of Iraq.

John McCain is thinking that he wants to put more troops in Iraq so the troops from the US will help to win the war in Iraq.

Global warming

Barack Obama wants to help famers and other people plant stuff so we can live. McCain wants to make the US lead in fighting climate change. John McCain said, “I introduced legislation last year that was aimed at significantly reducing the country’s greenhouse gases.” Most scientists believe that greenhouse gases are responsible for global warming. He supports the use of alternative energy sources and nuclear energy.

I think the issues of the illegal immigration was Barack Obama’s because a lot of people want to live their dream.

The war in Iraq was McCain’s because the troops from the US can help win the war in Iraq.

The issues of global warming was Barack Obama because he wanted to make people plant more so we could live.

If I was a lot older I would vote for Barack Obama because he does a lot of things that might help us.

If I could tell some thing to the president it would be to make a better place to live because there are a lot of people that are bad.

Article posted October 28, 2008 at 07:08 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 108

McCain, Republican

War

Voted in favor of using military force in Iraq.

Energy

Wants to reduce green house gases and rely on other energy sources.

Illegal Immigration

Wants to prevent illegal immigrants coming into the United States and make the borders stronger.

Obama, Democrat

War

Voted to take soldiers out of Iraq.

Energy

Obama wants to reduce green house gases like McCain, but wants to reward ranch owners and forest owners for planting trees and helping the environment.

Illegal Immigration

Obama wants illegal immigrants to pay fines but stay and learn English and become citizens.

View Of The War

I think that Obama is right when it comes to the war. He voted in favor of taking soldiers out of Iraq. What is the point of trying to help a country if you’re not? My view on this is why fight and die for something you don’t need?

View Of Energy

I’m still with Obama all the way, but this one is sort of a tie. Obama and McCain want the same thing when it comes to energy but it is a little different. Kind of like how they both want to become president but do different things. hey want to do something about greenhouse gases but McCain wants to use other energy sources such as nuclear energy, while Obama wants people to plant trees and planting trees helps the environment.

View On Immigrants

I think Obama is right on this one. He thinks illegal immigrants shouldn’t be in the U.S illegally. They should pay a fine and then come in learn English and become a citizen. All McCain is thinking about is stopping them from coming in. I think that they take jobs that U.S citizens don’t take anyway.

My View

I would love to see Obama win the election. I think he is the best canidate. I think he is right on most things. I hope Obama does well for the environment and sticks by his word because lots of presidents don’t.

Go Barrack Obama!

Article posted October 28, 2008 at 03:24 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 98

McCain vs. Obama

Health Care

I really don’t think Obama knows what he is talking about. He wants to let people have free insurance under 25. McCain knows what he is talking about. McCain made a right choice making Health Care a lower price. McCain would also lower taxes. Obama never said anything about lowering taxes. McCain would also lower medicine! McCain made a right choice by lowering medicine and lowering taxes. Obama kind of made a right choice by having free insurance under 25 but, how about the people that are older and poor?

Global Warming

Obama wants to make forest people and farmers start planting more trees. That’s a good idea but that would take a long time. Obama said oil companies are given too many breaks. Then what do you want? Let them have no breaks? McCain has a wonderful idea. He would save energy to help the earth. I think McCain is right about saving energy to help the earth. Obama had a good idea but, like I said, it would take a long time to plant those trees.

Education

I think Obama is overreacting with pre-k. He practically wants all the schools to have at least one pre-k. I don’t think every school should have a pre-k. John McCain believes no child should be left behind. I think what he said was right. If that kid needs help, let him have it. Don’t leave him behind and have all his friends laugh at him.

Who Should I choose?

I, FamousStar3000, would vote for John McCain. I think he would be a better president than Obama. For education he would not let any child be left behind. In Health Care he would lower the medication price. And, best of all, he would lower taxes! That would help the United States people afford more stuff and drive more cars. That’s why I would vote for John McCain and you should too.

What I want in the future is for John McCain to send all the soldiers home and end the war. I think he would make that happen.

Article posted October 28, 2008 at 03:12 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 147

EDUCATION

John McCain doesn’t want to leave any kid behind (the NCLB act). Barack Obama wants to reform the NCLB act like McCain. Obama is trying to build more schools for the kids. McCain wants to build virtual schools.

Wow, they want to do the same. Pretty amazing. But Obama wants to build more schools.

WAR IN IRAQ

McCain voted in favor of using military force in Iraq. McCain backed President Bush’s war spending bill in U.S. Barack Obama opposed the 2003 military invasion of Iraq. Barack Obama voted for the war spending bill that would have withdrawn most of the troops from Iraq.

They want almost the same thing. I think they're copying eachother.

HEALTH CARE

McCain wants to reform health care. He wants to make insurance more affordable for individual and families. Barack Obama would create a national health insurance program that would cover uninsured individuals.

Wow, that is so good, Obama not letting people younger than 20 years not having insurance.

IMIGRATION

McCain co-sponsored immigration reform legislation that would have enhanced border security. Barack Obama supported immigration reform legistacion that would have enhanced border security.

I want Obama to help Colombia.

I would vote for Obama.

Article posted October 27, 2008 at 07:01 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 85

War in Iraq

5 years ago the U.S invaded Iraq. Now we’re in a war with them. John McCain supported the invasion of Iraq, and he still does. But John McCain criticized the way Bush tried to fix the war. McCain says that the U.S forces should remain in Iraq as long as necessary to achieve a lasting peace. Barack Obama opposes the use of military in Iraq. He also spoke out against the war from the beginning. Obama promises as president he will immediately begin pulling out the troops in Iraq within 16 months.

I think it’s good that John McCain supports the invasion of Iraq. And I think they’re both right about not keeping the troops in Iraq and letting them stay in Iraq. They both have good reasons. So I think they are both right about the war.

The Environment

Senators Barack Obama and John McCain both agree that the U.S government should play an important role in saving, helping, and protecting the environment. So what are John McCain and Barack Obama going to do? John McCain says that America was right in not joining the Kyoto Protocol. What is that? It is an international treaty signed by the world’s countries that calls for them to limit greenhouse emissions. McCain has a couple of plans. Obama supports reducing greenhouse gases just like McCain. Obama wants to make the U.S a global leader.

I agree that the U.S government should play an important role in saving, helping, and protecting the environment. We should recycle, not litter, because of global warming. We should recycle and not litter and a lot more.

Health Care

Almost about 47 million Americans don’t have health insurance! What are McCain and Obama going to do about it? Barack Obama wants to lower the health care costs. His plan would require large businesses to help pay for the employee insurance. John McCain’s plan would reduce the health care costs and to make health insurance more affordable. McCain would also allow people to take their health plan with them when they’re changing jobs.

I’m surprised that almost 47 million Americans don’t have their health insurance. I think it is a good idea to lower it. Obama and McCain both agree that they should lower it and make it more affordable.

What candidate would I vote for and why? I don’t know who I would vote for. I think they would both make good presidents. Why would I vote for both? They both have good ideas about what’s happening. So I would vote for both. What I would want the president to do is help the environment. I would want the people to help clean it up, and recycle, and not litter and a lot of other things.

Article posted October 24, 2008 at 05:57 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 194

Education- McCain voted for the No Child Left Behind Act. NCLB requires certain schools to achieve certain test standards, before receiving federal dollars. McCain also thinks that schools should compete for students, just as businesses compete for costumers.

Obama wants to reform the NCLB act. He would also like to award high achieving teachers. Obama would like kids to start learning from kindergarten to college. He also wants student to start studying harder, and taking their work seriously. Last, he wants to spend more money on schools.

Response- I think that it is very nice that McCain voted for the NCLB Act. I also think that it is very nice to award high achieving teachers.

War in Iraq- McCain voted in favor of using military force in Iraq. He thinks the war hasn’t been handled very well. McCain said the United States didn’t send enough troops, (people) to do the job right around the year 2003. Iraq’s neighbors are causing war and trouble. He said Iraq’s neighbors are sending weapons to the insurgents.

Obama opposed the 2003 military invasion of Iraq. He spoke against the war since the beginning. He also voted for war spending bill that would have withdrawn most U.S. troops from Iraq.

Response- I would not want to be in Iraq because Iraq’s neighbors are making trouble and war. I think Obama was very brave to speak against the war from the beginning.

Healthcare- McCain wants to reform healthcare, and make it more affordable for individuals and families. McCain will also allow people to take their healthcare plans to their other jobs if they move jobs.

Obama would create a national health insurance program that would cover uninsured individuals. It would require all children to be covered, and all people under the age of 25 will be covered with their parent’s heath plan.

Response- I think it was so nice that McCain will make healthcare more affordable. I also think it is so caring that Obama wants to cover ALL kids.

I don’t really know who I would vote for, but I would probably put more percentage on Obama because he is making good decisions, and he is young. But they are both making great decisions. But it really makes you think. I would want our president to make stuff more affordable.

Books I’ve read:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
See other books we’ve read HERE

I'm SMART and I have my Internet Driver's License!

smart

Get "AnswerTips" about ANY word on this website by double clicking the word!