Copyright (c) 2014 by TS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
TS -- Blogmeister

Buddy' Fantasy Factory-

Doniphan West Middle School Computer Classes

by TS teacher: Mrs. Gatz
Blog B 02/02/10
Blog A 02/02/10
Chapter 9-11 1-28-10 01/28/10
11/24/09
Chapter 4 10/26/09
Chaper 3 10/22/09
Blog Response #2 09/18/09
Blog response #1 09/17/09
7 Random Facts 12/09/08

Title: Chapter 3 Blog Response #1 (10/07/09)
Description: "It was either shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the "rejects" the more popular you became with members of your clique."
- Interpret the meaning of this quote in 2-3 meaningful sentences.
-Personal opinion- Do you agree or disagree with the quote. Eplain why or why not in 2-3 meaningful sentences.
-Relate this to real life situations you have experienced or witnessed (change names for privacy) in a minimum of 3 sentences.

Blog Response #1:"It was either shun or be shunned.The meaner you were to the "rejects" the more popular you became with the members of your clique."

This quote says to either pick on others or be picked on.It seems like sometimes the only way to be accepted into the "cool" group is to shun people.To be excluded from them is like being punched in the stomach twenty thousand times or falling off the highest cliff.It hurts but if there like that why would you want to be friends with them anyway?

I don't understand why people want to be friends with bullies.They know its wrong to pick on people who can't help what has happened to them.I think its wrong to shun people just for stupid things like what they look like on the outside.Its what that matters on the inside,thats what really matters.And when the bullies pick on the "outcasts",it sometimes leads to violence even physically.

I've this happen to my friend one time except it was only done with actions.So we were in class one day and we had some extra time and the so called "cool people" had already formed a group just talking.And when she went over there they would quiet down and then they would just move the group away and then it kept on basically the whole rest of the year.So we would just form a different group and talk.

"It was either shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the "rejects" the more popular you became with member of your clique."

• I think basically what this is saying is, if you are mean to the people you’re clique doesn’t like or thinks less of, then you will become more popular to that clique but if you’re nice to everyone with a great attitude and good personality then they will shun you.

• I think that is true for some people but it is the opposite for others. In some schools, there is a lot of hate for people who are different, and for other schools, everyone is always different but yet everyone is friends with one another. In my school I think everyone is really “different” (no offense guys) but we all get along most of the time. We all kinds go with the flow and yeah there are little cat fights and sometimes fist fights, but not usually. I don’t think there are really a lot of cliques. I have seen other schools where it is the complete opposite.

• I have seen people make fun of this girl because she didn’t have really nice clothes and people really shunned her and I just kinds went along with it and didn’t say anything. Now I feel really bad that I didn’t care or stand up.

Chapter 3 Blog Response 1

“It was either shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the “rejects” the more popular you became with members of you clique.”

To me this quote means that you either do the same things that the “cool” people do and get hated by the normal people, or don’t do this awful things and get hated by the “cool” people. I think you should be able to do whatever you want and whatever makes you happy and if some people don’t like that then there not your real friends.I hate to say this but the quote is true in school especially in middle school mostly girls you have to do what the “cool” girls do or you will be the person being shunned. But even though I think this is true it doesn’t mean that I agree with it because I don’t. Even though this happens a lot it never realy should happen because who gives people the right to call people retards or cool people NOBODY. If I had to relate this situation to real life I would talk about Betty and Susie. Betty and Susie were best friends since kindergarten, but when they got into 4th grade Betty started to be friends with Kallie. But Kallie didn’t like Susie so she told Betty to excluded Susie and sadly she did. So In the end the pressure of kids at school got to the best of Betty.

"It was either shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the "rejects" the more popular you became with members of the clique."

I think that this means that you either made fun of others, or you would get made fun of. If you were making fun of other people, then you would be liked more, because you would be doing what they were doing, and then they would see that you wanted to be like them more. But if you stood up for those who were shunned, then the popular kids would think that you didn't like them, and that you didn't want to be like them.

I do not agree with this quote, because when/if you started picking on other kids to fit in, then you would be letting the clique know that you would let them rule over you. You would also be telling them that you wanted to be like them. If you did everything that they told you to do, then you would be letting them control you, and in a way, that would be bullying. Besides that, even doing everything that they wanted you to do wouldn't grantee that they would accept you into their "clique".

Suzie had been friends with Jane since preschool, and when they got to junior high, Suzie decided that she wanted to be friends with Faith and her three friends. Suzie still wanted to be friends with Jane, but she also wanted to be buddies with Faith, and Suzie was willing to do anything to be accepted by Faith. One day, Faith told Suzie that if she wanted to be friends, then she would have to stop being friends with Jane, and spending time with her. Faith also told Suzie that she would have to tell Jane that she was no good, and that Jane should go to a different school. Suzie didn't want to, but it was the only way to be friends with Faith, so Suzie told Jane what she was told to say, even though she didn't really want to.Immidiatally after Suzie told Jane that, they separated, and hardly ever said anything to each other, unless in an arguement. A few years after Suzie had been in Faith's (clique), Faith decided that she didn't want to be buddies with Suzie anymore, so Faith and her (clique), dropped Suzie from their group. After a while, Suzie went back to Jane to ask for forgiveness from her. After several weeks, and proof that Suzie really did want to be friends with Jane again, Jane and Suzie got back together and were friends again through the rest of years of school. 

"It was either shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the "rejects" the more popular you became with members of your clique."

• This quote means that in order to fit in the clique, you had to be mean to the “rejects.” If you weren’t mean, then you became one of the rejects.

• I disagree with this quote. I think it happens, but I don’t think that it should. People shouldn’t make fun of others because they don’t know what’s going on in their lives.

• Sally came to school with a new haircut. Sally really liked it but her friends made fun of it. By the time school was over she hated her new haircut.

" It was either shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the " reject " the more popular you became with members of your clique.1) The qoute mean that if your friends don't really like you that you need to be mean to other people.   

2) I disagree with this quote just because your friend like to tesse other people dosen't mean that you need to do the same thing to that your friends do. That reallly means that are aren't really your friends.

3) One year their was this girl that was tesseing me about my weight and after she did that her friends liked her better. Then her friends just keep on tesseing me about my weight.                                                                                              

Blog Response #1: “It was either shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the “rejects” the more popular you became with members of your clique.”

·             The quote, “It was either shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the “rejects” the more popular you became with members of your clique,” is saying to me and some of your friends think it is cool to be mean to other people. If they think it’s funny to be mean to someone or leave someone out who they think is “uncool” then maybe they aren’t really your friends. People like that are probably really unsecure themselves so they have to pick fun at other people, or they might pressure you into doing it.

·             I disagree with the quote. I think that people think that what the quote is saying is true, but it defiantly isn’t right. I don’t think that people should leave out others just to try and act cool, or make fun of anyone for any reason. It makes the people you are ignoring feel bad and hopefully you would feel guilty for doing things to that person. People should separate themselves from those so called “friends” that think that ignoring people is the popular thing to do.

·             Once my friends got in this really big fight about a guy, which I wasn’t really in it to start with. The reason for fighting was really stupid, and of course they wanted me to pick sides and neither one of them wanted me to talk to the other one. I know I shouldn’t have picked sides, but I didn’t want to lose my friendship with my really good friend. The friend that I was siding with didn’t want me to talk to the other girl at all. I didn’t want her to be mad at me so I tried to ignore the other friend as nicely (if possible) as I could. The longer the fight continued the worse I felt about leaving that one friend out. So finally I told them that I wasn’t going to ignore either of them and that I wasn’t on either ones side. They eventually made up and we were all friends again!

"It was either shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the "rejects" the more popular you became with members of your clique."

I think the meaning of this quote is that if you don’t make fun of the “reject” you’ll become the “reject” but if you are the “reject” than what are the bullies? Are they the “rejects” not use? Or are they trying to make them self’s feel better about them self’s.

This quote is some what true because if you don’t make fun of the “rejects” then the other will make you one of the “rejects” but in my opinion I think that id rather be the “reject” that the bully because there are more “rejects” that the bullies think there are.

A few years back I was in a group of kids that made fun of about of people and I did make fun of a few people and then I thought is this the person I wanted to be? Or do I want to be some thing more so I left the group and I became one of the “rejects” and I noticed that I was better than what I was before.

"Its either shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the "rejects" the more popular you are in you becomewith the members of your clique,"

This quote means that you have to be the bullie or you will be bullied. If you want to be popular you might haveto bullie a kid to get accepted in the clique.

I agree you will shun or be shunned but i dont think it is good because nobody wants to be shunned. Some day every body will be bullied if life goes by that.

Bob wanted to be in the clique with the jocks they accepted him. But one day they wanted him to pick on a kid but he didnt want to so they kicked him out of the clique. They soon all picked on him every day for not picking on the other kid.

"It was either shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the "rejects" the more popular you became with the members of your clique."

I think this quote means, if you are nice to the unpopular then you become unpopular. If you are mean to the unpopular then, people will think you are cool and whoever you hang out with will want to be closer to you.

I agree with this quote because, if you are nice to someone who people think are weird then, people will think you are weird too. Most people think that putting someone down makes you cool. Most people do it because, it makes them feel better about themselves. I think it's wrong and unfair because, putting someone down for your personal insecurities will only make your insecurities worse.

At my church bible study, I am the leader of my group and there was a new girl who looked gothic and very mean. My group was too nervous to approach her so, I talked to her openly and she was very sweet and caring. A girl in my group told me that I should stay away from her so that I wouldn't get hurt. So I kind of kept my distance and the new member of my group thought I hated her. So I felt really guilty and apologized to her and asked if she would forgive me, and she did. So then, we became really close friends, and the girl that told me to stay away from her told my group that I said they were all horrible christians. They believed her and now my group wouldn't speak to me. I talked to my pastor and he talked to my group and the girl who started this problem now is in a different group on a different night.

"It was eighther shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the "rejects" the more popular you became with members of your clique."

I think this quote means that to become more popular you have to be a bully and hurt others.

I think this happens a lot in life because people hurt others to make themselves feel bigger.

I do not agree with this quote because you shouldn't make others feel pain for no reason. To make others like you you dont have to bully people. Practical jokes are funny and others feelings aren't hurt. You should stand up for people who are being made fun of and lots of times if you just take the joke and dont react or just laugh it off people will stop making fun of you.

One time in fith grade we had a new kid named Kevin. He thought he was the best at everything, self centered, annoying, and braged a lot. Everyone in the class got very tired of hearing him talk on and on about himself and was very quickly ruled a reject. At recess he was beat up and called names and it almost became a game to see who could be the meanest to him. He was almost brought to tears everyday by nearly the whole class. After sixth grade he moved to a new school.

“It was either shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the “rejects” the more popular you became with the members of your clique”

What this quote means to me is that if you want to fit in that you have to be caught with the right people. If you were found with the “rejects” then you will be a “reject”. Another thing is that if you are not caught bullying the rejects then you are not one of the “popular” kids in your clique. I do not think that this quote if fair to everyone, because there is not an actual “popular” person.  What I am saying is like in Courtney’s eyes Jennifer is popular and in Dana’s eyes Nikki is popular; everyone is different in other people’s eyes. everyone is different in other people’s eyes. So I disagree with this quote.

One thing that I have saw happen before was my cousin was hanging out with her friend Angela. Angela was not really a cool person she did not fit in because her parents did not have that much money, when my cousin was caught hanging out with her they all made fun of her. So my cousin had to make up an excuse of why she was hanging out with her and started making fun of Angela. Angela and my cousin were really good friends so my cousin just decided that she would rather hang out with Angela than hang out with the “cool” kids. So in the end the “cool” kids decided that it did not really matter that she hung out with Angela so now my cousin is friends with Angela and the “cool” kids.

“It was either shun or be shunned. The e meaner you were to the “rejects” the more popular you became with the members of your clique.”

·         When it says either shun or be shunned to means that if you aren’t mean to the “uncool” people the “cool” people won’t like you. Then you become an “uncool” person and the “cool” people are mean to you. If you are a “cool person and you are really mean to somebody your group doesn’t like you just get cooler.

·         I don’t agree with this quote because a lot of people don’t have the heart to be mean to anyone. Just because they aren’t mean to people shouldn’t make them the weirdo. They should be one of the most popular people because they are nice to everyone.

·         Sara and Kelli’s parents were friends so when they went to visit each other Sara and Kelli played together. Sara was younger than Kelli bit they still got along. When Sara started going to the same school as Kelli she would wave at her in the hall. Since being friends with the “little” kids wasn’t cool Kelli would just ignore her.

Blog response 1: “It was either shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the “rejects” the more popular you became with the members of your clique.”

To me this quote means that people think the only way to be cool or noticed, is to be mean to other people. They usually are meaner to people who aren’t as cool or who don’t have as much as some one else does. Being a part of a clique means a lot to some people because that’s how they become popular.

I disagree with this quote. I do not think that you should have to put down someone else to be popular or be a part of a clique, and other people should not shun you because you chose to be nice to someone. Being nice is the right thing to do.

This quote relates to a book we are reading in school. Jodee had a friend named Marianne and she was deaf and also had trouble with her vision. Marianne wore raggedy clothes and lived in a neglected neighborhood, and she was made fun of for this. Jodee began being made fun of for being friends with the “retarded” girl, and she did not like this. She decided to start making fun of Marianne in order to fit in with her friends and their crowd. One day when Jodee’s friends are making fun of Marianne, she stands up for her, and all the other kids that are different. Then Jodee sees that what she had been doing to Marianne is wrong and she doesn’t do it anymore, but now Jodee is a “reject.” Cliques started forming and if you weren’t part of one you were invisible.  

“It was either shun or be shunned. The meaner you where to the “rejects” the more popular you became with the members of your clique.”

·         It is saying that if you don’t be mean to the misfits then you became one. If you stayed with your friends you had to be mean to them if you wanted to keep popular.

·         I agree with the quote if you are mean to the outcast in your school you usually don’t become one unless you are one already. Now just because I agree with the quote does not mean that it should be this way but it would hard for few people to change what has been happening since society started. It is the way it is.

·         There was this new kid who was well popular at his old school but because he was new the boys decided that he had to earn there respect. So the made fun of him until he became better than them. He still gets picked on a little by some because of a thing he might or might not pass in or at.

we argee on that it was not rright right that she. Was been puting up with it that long and the fact. About ever one knowing they didn't help.

The disargeement that she had a real problem and she through that the cloth was evering to make it all better. the way that people pick on her mad her hurt really bad . But she did want any to see that.

i can't say antthing about that.

we got a agreement on the fact that she was trying rally hard to fix herself. But people did not like her.

the disagreement was that she was beening teasted to much. Andshe tryed to fit in but she could because she was a loser. but she look at eneryone the same as she did before all this happpen to her.

“It was either shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the “rejects” the more popular you became with members of you clique.” To me this means that the popular kids want you to be mean to the kids that are maybe a little different. Because they think that they are better then the other people because they have better close or skiner or just where they live.

I think that people think that they have to either be mean to the non popular kids or be nice to the non popular kids and get left out of the so called “cool crowd”. But I would say that if they don’t like who I hang out with then I don’t need to hang out with them anyway.

There was a new kid at my school and she wanted me to stop hanging out with one of my best friends because she did not have the best close or did not live in the best neighborhood and she wanted me to start making fun of her because she thought that would be a fun thing to do.

Article posted October 12, 2009 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 53

I think that it states that the mean people always win. This in turn means nice people always lose. So in order to gain popularity people had to intentionally be mean.

I think that is not true at all. I would rather be friends with a nice person. The nice people are the ones that have the most friends and least enemies at our school.

In Newton there was a kid who could not hear but came to the normal school and people would yell bad things at him. It was really mean because he could read lips. Other people responded by saying that it was pointless to yell and that it was not his fault that he couldn't hear. The yellers didn't become more popular which is what they where trying to do.

I think the meaning of this quote is you want to be noticed so you make fun of other people to make you feel better about yourself. And so that makes you seem popular because the cool people are laughing with you. I do not agree with this opinion because, just because you make fun of somebody else and the popular kids like you because of that doesnt mean that the popular kids will always like you. And when they dont like you anymore and you want some other friends to hang out with you wont have any because you made fun of them just to get that spotlight from the popular kids. I have witnessed this type of situation. There was this girl I knew and we were in 5th grade. And she wanted to be in the cool crowd so bad that she would come up to you and compliment you then the next minute she would go over to the in crowd and say how ugly your clothes were or how much she hated your outfit.

I think this quote means that when kids are mean to other kids then people laugh and want to hang out with you more so you can make them laugh. If you weren't mean to the "rejects" then you were considered a "reject".

I totally disagree with this quote because what if one day you decided this is getting mean or they want you to go a little to far and you say no. Well the people you were already mean to aren't going to be your friends anymore and the people you hung out with before aren't either because you stuck up for yourself and stuck up for the "unpopular".

This kind of reminds me of when Anna was always mean to Hannah just because Hannah wasn't as popular or pretty as her. So one day Anna went a little to far and finally told the kids that she hung out with that thought being mean to Hannah was funny, that she was going to apoligize to Hannah and then all of Annas friends started calling her names and didn't want anything to do with her. Neither did Hannah of course because of all the mean things that Anna said about her.

Article posted October 13, 2009 at 04:15 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 54

This quote means you are either left out or you are going to be left out. That’s nothing more than bullying. It’s a form of initiation for some to gain acceptance by a particular clique.

I disagree because no human beings are “rejects.” Really that’s the hand God dealt to those human beings. They didn’t ask for those types of challenges when it comes to life.

One time I was in the hallway and Bob started saying to his buddy (Fred) that Lazy Eye was coming. So they started to laugh like something was funny about calling someone “Lazy Eye.” Teresa (Lazy Eye) didn’t know anything at what they were laughing at, or what they were saying. Cynthia was just in her locker and heard everything, she said to Bob to “Stop” and he said “I can’t help it”, and then he said that “She will be looking at you in class, but then again she isn’t.” They started to laugh again. Cynthia said to Bob that, “You wouldn’t like it if someone made fun of you because you had a lazy eye.” Bob said” I don’t, so it doesn’t matter.” Cynthia told him, ”Just because you don’t know what it feels like, doesn’t mean you can be mean to her.” Then got Bob got mad and walked off.

Interpret:          This quote says if you hate the people that your friends hate, or your poplar people hate. Then they will add you in to their group. But if you like the people that your friends, or your popular people, hate. Then you will be rejected as well.

Opinion:           I strongly agree with this quote but it depends on what school you go to. But usually every school happens like that and I think that’s sad. Also I feel that it’s very true that if you like someone that your friends hate they’ll slowly drift away from you and start rejecting you.

Real Life:        One time I was at vocal and a girl named Bobby said that this other girl named Sarah is really annoying and that Bobby other friends had said that she was annoying too. I really just sat there and was really surprised cause I thought Sarah was really nice.

I likes to ride four wheelers and play Football and basketball. In my free time I like to play my PS2 and X-box and blow stuff up and watch it go boom and lite up in flames! I also liked to hunt deer, turkey,squirrel,. Over the summer I worked like crazy!, I had to throw hay bails. Each person would throw about 450 bails a day. I paid $6.50 an hour and earned about $1,200.