Copyright (c) 2014 by JN Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JN -- Blogmeister

mY bLoG-

Doniphan West Middle School Computer Classes

by JN teacher: Mrs. Gatz

Blog B-                       

·        What student created questions that your group disagreed upon?(4-5)

Our group didn't really disagree on any of the topics that we discussed. I think that all of the group had the same point of view on the topics and questions that our group talked about.

Blog C-

·        Which student created questions that you would have liked to have spent more time discussing and why?(2-3)

I created one of the questions that I would liked to have discussed longer. The question that I would have liked to have spent more time discussing, would be (How do you think Jodee felt when she was in Greece?)The reason I wanted to discuss this question longer, is because I think that there are many different ways that you could/can discuss about how Jodee felt while she was in Greece. For instance, at the beginning of her trip to Greece, Jodee was nervous about going, and wasn’t sure if she really wanted to, but after staying in Greece for awhile, Jodee changed her mind, and ended up enjoying and wanting to stay in Greece.

Blog A-    

·        What student created questions in your group generated the most discussion and justify?

I think that Payton created questions in our group that generated the most discussion, because if we started to get off track she would try and get the discussion back onto the topic that we had started to discuss. Another reason that I thought that she helped during our discussions, was because it seemed that she was always willing to ask another question when the other members in our group were running out of questions, getting somewhat off of track, or getting ready to answer a question.  

One topic of discussion was in chapter 11, was when Jodee’s parents felt sorry for Jodee, because she was a misfit and her parents thought that at every school that she went to, it was always the same, Jodee always got bullied at every school, the teachers wouldn’t stand up to the bullies, and she ended up going to a lot of schools. While we were discussing this topic, several people in the group said that they were glad that they didn’t have to go through what Jodee did, because they said that they probably wouldn’t stand around and just let the bullies bully them around, they would probably fight back to try to stop the bullies from hurting them any more than they might have.

How do you think Jodee felt about being a misfit?

One student said that they would feel sorry and or bad about being a misfit, because they wouldn’t want their parents to feel sorry for them, and think that it was their fault that their child was a misfit. They also said how they would talk to their parents and let their parents know that it wasn’t their fault, and to not blame themselves. The group member thought that if their parents were feeling sorry for them like Jodee’s, then their parents wouldn’t just stand around and let their child be bullied. Instead, their parents would tell an adult at the school, and ask them why the adult wouldn’t stand up for their child, and if the administrator didn’t warn the bully to stop bullying the child or talk to the bully, then the adult would be letting the bully get away with hurting someone else, and the victim of the bullying would probably keep getting bullied until the bully injured the victim seriously. 

Another student said that they would feel like it wasn’t their parents fault, because they said that it was their fault, because it’s up to you to make your own decisions and talk to others around you.

Blog A:

Vote- I think that it's important to vote, so that our representatives in each state, can know how  we feel about the issues and representatives that we vote for. I also think that it's important to vote, because it's a responsibility to our Nation. If you don't vote, then you don't have a say in how the way things are run in cities, towns, governments, states, nations, and the world.

Accept Responsibility for your Actions- I think that it's important to take responsibility for your actions, because you're the one who is in charge of yourself, and no one else can control that. I also think that it is important to accept responsibility, because you'll have to face what you did sometime anyways. If you do accept responsibility, then it shows that you are becoming more responsible for yourself, and others as well.

Be Informed about your Rights- If you are informed about your rights, you will know what's going on with the government, be able to name your rights, and also be able to talk about what rights you have, to other people. I think that it is good to be informed about your rights, because then you don't have to ask others about what we are able to do and not able to do. Besides being informed about your rights, I think that you should be informed about what the government is doing, and what is going on around the U.S. and the world.  

If I were the one at a party of that nature, I would have probably had someone pick me up from the party and leave with out saying why I left earily. I would probably make up an excuse, because I wouldn't to get the other kids in trouble and mad at me.

If Jodee would have maybe just left the party, instead of telling her mom why she wanted to leave, then maybe the other kids wouldn't have gotten mad at her. And they might have not taken their anger out on Jodee either.

I don't think that Jodee should have been blamed for the punishements that the other kids got from their parents, because it wasn't Jodee's fault that Callie threw the party. Jodee wasn't in control of who ended up coming to the party, it was each their own fault for attending the party.

I would probably be grounded for at least a year, and would have probably also had to do extra chores. And in addition to that, I wouldn't be able to hang out with my friends for a long time either.  

I don't think that the treatment that Jodee's recieveing from the other kids is fair, because the kids don't have a right to start bullying her,  just because she did something that the kids didn't like. 

In my group, we agreed that the kids with special needs that were made fun of, couldn't help that they were different than the other kids. We also thought that it was good that Jodee stood up for them, even though she was standing alone, because there was no one else to stand up for the kids that had needs. All the bullies that were trying to be cool and show off for the popular kids, were only doing it to be mean and also to be accepted into a (clique).

A topic that our group wanted to discuss more, was why we thought that the bullies were bullying others. We thought that sometimes the bully bullies others, because they've been bullied by someone, because they are jealous of the people they're bullying, and  maybe also because they have nothing else to do.

A topic that made us think, was how we could help stop bullying, because there are alot of ways that you can help stop it from going on.

"It was either shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the "rejects" the more popular you became with members of the clique."

I think that this means that you either made fun of others, or you would get made fun of. If you were making fun of other people, then you would be liked more, because you would be doing what they were doing, and then they would see that you wanted to be like them more. But if you stood up for those who were shunned, then the popular kids would think that you didn't like them, and that you didn't want to be like them.

I do not agree with this quote, because when/if you started picking on other kids to fit in, then you would be letting the clique know that you would let them rule over you. You would also be telling them that you wanted to be like them. If you did everything that they told you to do, then you would be letting them control you, and in a way, that would be bullying. Besides that, even doing everything that they wanted you to do wouldn't grantee that they would accept you into their "clique".

Suzie had been friends with Jane since preschool, and when they got to junior high, Suzie decided that she wanted to be friends with Faith and her three friends. Suzie still wanted to be friends with Jane, but she also wanted to be buddies with Faith, and Suzie was willing to do anything to be accepted by Faith. One day, Faith told Suzie that if she wanted to be friends, then she would have to stop being friends with Jane, and spending time with her. Faith also told Suzie that she would have to tell Jane that she was no good, and that Jane should go to a different school. Suzie didn't want to, but it was the only way to be friends with Faith, so Suzie told Jane what she was told to say, even though she didn't really want to.Immidiatally after Suzie told Jane that, they separated, and hardly ever said anything to each other, unless in an arguement. A few years after Suzie had been in Faith's (clique), Faith decided that she didn't want to be buddies with Suzie anymore, so Faith and her (clique), dropped Suzie from their group. After a while, Suzie went back to Jane to ask for forgiveness from her. After several weeks, and proof that Suzie really did want to be friends with Jane again, Jane and Suzie got back together and were friends again through the rest of years of school.