Copyright (c) 2014 by BC Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
BC -- Blogmeister

Bubbly Brielle!!!-

Doniphan West Middle School Computer Classes

by BC teacher: Mrs. Gatz

Blog C: Which student created questions- would you like to have spent more time discussing and why?

A question I would like to discuss is why she is the one everyone went after?

The reason I think she was bullied the most was because she never stuck up for herself. But she stuck up for everybody else who got bullied therefore it made it even worse. I guess the bullies just thought defending someone else made you not cool. If you did they would either ignore you or bully you.

Blog B: What student created questions-did your group agreed upon and justify?

Our group agreed that Jodee would be better off in Greece on the island. She had way more friends on the island than at her school. I think that if she had the choice to live on the island, she would. That way she couldn’t get hurt by anyone.

What student created questions-did your group agree upon and justify?

Our group disagreed on whether or not she should switch schools. I said that she shouldn’t because then it would give her bullys the satisfaction knowing they hurt her. The only way to not do that is to not show your hurt and to not run away.

But part of my group said that she should switch schools so that she wouldn’t get bullied anymore. I just think if she did she would just get bullied again.

Blog A: What student created questions in your group generated the most discussion and justify?

One topic of discussion was why did Jodee want to join gym class with her problem she had? We said that she would want to because she wanted to be normal. She also wanted to because she didn’t want to be the outcast and sit out on the bleachers. We all thought that she was doing the right thing by not joining gym because she would just be bullied even more.

Another student said that if she had more confidence it would be a good idea, but because of her past her confidence is going downhill almost everyday. Only because of the people around her, she feels insecure about herself. Her friends in Greece think otherwise because they accepted her for who she is. Which I think brought her confidence up.  

Blog:A

I think voicing your opinion is important because you can vote in elections, that way you are telling the government who you want to be president. You can tell the government what you want to be changed or added. And if someone is disrespecting our troops or our country, then you could stand up for our country just by doing something that little.

Supporting your family I think is very important to our country because if any of them ever wanted to go out to war you could support them. Or maybe just by having food on the table or clothes to wear. Or your family is providing you with food, shelter, clothes, and other things.

Respecting other peoples rights means that you’re all going to be treated equally and that you are going to respect others around you. Everybody has the same rights as you do and they will never be taken away from you. You can help your country by defending it so that way you are keeping the rights of others valid.

If I were in that same situation I would have done what Jodee did.I would have gotten a parent or the adult person in charge and told them what was going on.Or I would have called someone to come and get me so I could leave and not get in trouble for being there.But if I would have known what was going on in the first place I wouldn't have gone.

I think she could've reacted differently by not getting so worked up about it and should've just walked down the stairs and not run down the stairs crying.Or I think she could've just made an excuse to leave the party.That way her friends mom wouldn't find out what was going on and Jodee would still have all of her friends.Then again I think she would feel awkward hanging around her friends after that night.

I don't think Jodee should be blamed because I don't think she did anything wrong.She tried to stop Callie's mom from going up to the party.Its the kids fault for even having the idea of doing something like that.So I think its wrong Jodee is being punished for the other kids mistakes.

If I had been punished for being at that party I would want to lock myself up in my room forever because I think it would be really embarressing to be caught doing that at a party.Especially if its at someones elses house and to be caught by their parents and not your own.

The way that Jodee has been treated and bullied is so wrong especially over something so silly and so little.I think that the kids should stop bullying her because it was just a little thing such as the party.If I were someone at that party I would still be her friend because I would get over it and just continue with my life.

My group and I agreed that it wasn't right for her to be picked on that way for those reasons.Because it doesn't matter where your from or what you look like or who you hang out with.The inside is what counts and if you hang out with the right people, you'll have more friends than ever expected.

It made me really think when we discussed if she was doing the right thing by leaving her school and transfering to another.But I think she's doing the right thing by starting over at a different school where she can make new friends.But then again if she gets picked on again she can't always switch schools.

A topic that I would like to discuss more about is why she gets bullied and why do you think she has a hard time making friends with her classmates.But I don't think its her fault for being bullied.I think its the kids who want to feel better about themselves so they bully others.

Blog Response #1:"It was either shun or be shunned.The meaner you were to the "rejects" the more popular you became with the members of your clique."

This quote says to either pick on others or be picked on.It seems like sometimes the only way to be accepted into the "cool" group is to shun people.To be excluded from them is like being punched in the stomach twenty thousand times or falling off the highest cliff.It hurts but if there like that why would you want to be friends with them anyway?

I don't understand why people want to be friends with bullies.They know its wrong to pick on people who can't help what has happened to them.I think its wrong to shun people just for stupid things like what they look like on the outside.Its what that matters on the inside,thats what really matters.And when the bullies pick on the "outcasts",it sometimes leads to violence even physically.

I've this happen to my friend one time except it was only done with actions.So we were in class one day and we had some extra time and the so called "cool people" had already formed a group just talking.And when she went over there they would quiet down and then they would just move the group away and then it kept on basically the whole rest of the year.So we would just form a different group and talk.

Article posted September 18, 2009 at 08:23 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 252

I feel that she should be glad and honored to be a good student, excels in sports, and is a hard worker. She should also be glad becasue shes great at speech making. I think that she should just try to be herself to get more involved in more school events so that way she'll make even more friends. But then again I can see her point of view, she wants to fit in but just not to be another bully.

Article posted September 16, 2009 at 08:32 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 292

I think that Jodee was bullied becasue she's great at speechmaking and not because she doesn't do any of the popular things. Because Jodee got the Candies sandals and the designer jeans but she still didn't feel accepted in the 'cool crowd'. When she got tested in the bathroom by Sharon,one of the popular girls in school, and her followers,I think Jodee felt as if she needed to pass the test. So Sharen started to talk to her and then she offered a cigarett to Jodee but Jodee didn't want to fit in that way, so she lied and said she had a cold I've seen a situation like this happen to a girl called "Pickle" (by the way I'm using random words because I'm not going to name names) . So people in my class started to say that Pickle started a rumor  but I don't know the whole story.Anyway we were all down in the locker room and Pickle wasn't down there and two girls took Pickle's clothes and put them in the shower and ran water on them.So after they were finished I took Pickle's clothes out and I reported the whole situation to an adult.So I was being her friend when everyone else ignored her and she came back So I think that the most areas where this happens is in places where only certain people see it and no adults around.

I would rate my summer a 7 because it was and tirering but i still had lots of fun. I got to hang out with my family and friends. The best thing that happened to me all summer was that I got to begin a book that I've been putting off and its starting to turn out great. Although I haven't gone to Branson yet, it stil something to look forward to. Then when I finally got to go to my most best friends house,we had so much fun! The rest of the summer i got to sleep in!

HI! My name is Brielle Clary and my favorite animal is a lion.I love the colors lime green and light blue.I'm getting new contacts!My best friend in the whole wide world is Rae. I have a horse and 2 dogs. My family is the best! And all of my best friends are in the same family, which is cool.I absolutely love the moon and nightime.OH! I couldn't live without my music!!!