Article posted January 10, 2009 at 12:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 117

My resolution this year is to eat more fruits and vegetables. They are more healthy and they make me stronger. If I eat more fruits and vegetables, my stomache wouldnt hurt so much.The way that I could do this is to have them for snack and eat them when get home from school. This is my resolution this year. Lauren

Article posted October 24, 2008 at 01:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

I think the mystery object is a hole puncher because the marble part  looks like you can push it down and the part that is under the metal looks like you can slide a piece of paper onto it so you punch holes into papers.That is what I think the mystery object is.                                                                                                                                           

Lauren Rivers

I think the mystery object is a open drawer from a teachers desk.

Lauren Rivers

I think the mystery object is a open drawer to put something in. The firefighters use it to put something in.

Lauren Rivers

Future Fright

One day the Gordon family comes back from their vacation after several years in the jungle. They have no idea that America has changed. When their plane gets to the airport, Mrs. Gordon saw that some people were trapped in and wanted to leave. When the airport man said to put all his property on the cart, he meant the wife and daughter Margie, because the women were property to the men, but Mr. Gordon thought he was talking about metal he had. The man had to get police officers because he was not following the new laws. When they were home, Mrs. Gordon asked Margie to call her friend to see what is going on. Todd the youngest had to go to his friends Bobbie’s house to see what was going on. When Todd arrived at Bobbie’s house, Bobbie’s mom answered and said it was dangerous for boys his age to go outside. Todd said okay, but ignored her and went through town. When he stopped at a burger restaurant, two men came out and started to chase him. Todd got right on to his bike and started to ride while the men were chasing him in a car. Todd rode into a parking lot and hid in an unlocked car. The men went into the parking lot to look for Todd. One of the men saw a car with the window down and looked inside where Todd was. He told Todd he was in trouble. All three came to a camp where little boys practice to fight in the military. The cops said yes he can go to the military. When Mr. Gordon noticed that Todd was not at the house he knew it was illegal to bring women out of the house. Mr. Gordon brought his wife and daughters out the house to look for Todd.  When he found Todd and the other boys he told them to run. All the boys ran to Todd’s father’s home. When the police caught up with Mr. Gordon they put all the Gordon’s in jail. Margie met a black man in jail who said “The president can put you in jail because he does not like the color of your skin”. Margie told the man when she gets out of jail she would help him to get out of jail. The police asked the Gordon’s if they wanted to go back to the jungle. The cops told the Gordon’s they could go, if they could get one of Todd’s lungs. Todd was scared.

If I were in a world where we did not have the Bill of Rights, I would be scared if someone could take my freedom away because of the color of my skin or have the freedom to do what they wanted to do.

Lauren Rivers

Article posted October 13, 2008 at 02:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

Responsibility is being reliable or dependable for something.  My parents tell me I am responsible for only myself for any and everything I do. I am responsible for my schoolwork, any activities I commit myself to. It may be a duty, obligation or even a burden, but it is still a responsibility that I must try my best to fulfill. I may not always complete a task to the best of my ability, but I can try again until I get it right and practice always makes perfect.

I am responsible for homework that is given to me, reading my bible, cleaning my room, treating others as I would want to be treated. I am also responsible for making sure I take care of myself by brushing my teeth daily, showering at least two times daily and putting clean clothes on daily.

My parents are responsible for me and my sister. They must keep me safe and they have to make sure I have food to eat. Because I am not old enough to work, they work to give me the things they know I need. Things like lunch money, new clothes and shoes. Everyone has some type of responsible and we all must be reliable and dependable for doing that task.

Article posted September 30, 2008 at 11:56 AM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 67

1. I have attended Nebo Elementary for 6 years. 2. I have been playing the violin since kindergarten. 3. I participate in drama. 4. I am part of the X-team in gymnastics. 5. I'm the youngest person in my class. 6. My birthstone and favorite color is blue. 7. I like to collect stuffed animals.