Article posted February 24, 2009 at 10:36 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 59

There are so many things I love about school. I am going to share them here. My Favorite Subject is Math. My least favorite subject is language arts. The worst smell at school is when you go into the cafeteria and they are serving different things at the same time. The best smell at school is a room that has just been cleaned with air freshener in it. The best taste is the school's macaroni and cheese. Worst taste is the school's corn. I don't have a favorite cafeteria meal because I always bring my lunch. The best prank ever played was (actually, this wasn't a prank, it was a surprise), was when our teacher, Mrs. Smith walked in and the lights were off and everyone in the room was hiding, we jumped up and yelled "Surprise!!!" It wasn't really a prank, but it surprised our teacher. The best time in the gym was our fourth grade poleball tournament. Our team won!!! My best field trip was [or is going to be] the trip to Tenessee because all of my fireld trips at Nebo have been in school. The meanest thing I did was when I was walking down the hall and (I had gone to my teacher's car earlier that morning and put her car keys in my jacket pocket) I felt inside my pocket, and it was a couple hours after I went to her car, and I realized I still had her car keys and I was like "OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH GOODNESS!!!" So I ran to her room and I was saying, "Heres your keys.... Ooops." My best memory was my first school play and I was Juliet in a Christmas Play and I was so happy because I memorized my lines. My most embarrasing moment was when I was dressed up in my 2nd Christmas Play called a Christmas Carrol and I was Jacob Marley. I had to put chains on, a black and gray wig, basically, I had to look dead. It was fun though. My proudest moment was when I got into the super-regionals in FLL robotics. We didn't think we were going to go to the next round, but we did and I was so proud of me and the team (Dolphinbots). I don't have a favorite teacher. If I had to choose it would be (these are in no particular order) Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Langdon, Mrs. Bair,Mr. Torchia and Mr. Michaud. I am so sad to be leaving Nebo. It is the best school in the world! At least I can come and visit any time I want!!

Article posted January 12, 2009 at 02:10 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

I am so happy because our robotics team just made it to state robotics competition. We just passed the super regional’s competition and got all excellent in the teamwork category. I am so proud of the team that I worked with and so grateful that we have a great team, a great coach, and awesome supporters! If you are part of the Nebo Robotics team, I just wanted to tell you thanks for letting me be part of the team, I am so happy that we are going to state and we will pass state to go to nationals!

Article posted January 8, 2009 at 10:51 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 49

My New Year Resolution is to get all A's/ pass the CRCT. I will do this by studying for every test, passing it, and getting good grades on my report card. This could change my life because if I pass 5th grade and get good grades, and I pass 8th grade with good grades, then pass 12th grade with good grades, then I could go to Harvard College in New York to study to become a doctor or a lawyer. That is how far getting good grades in 5th grade will change the rest of my life. I hope that you will have a New Year Resolution too.

There is a picture of a mystery object on http://picasaweb.google.com/motsmith/BlogPhotos and I have to guess what it is. The object looks dark and has two metal holes in the side. I think it is the outside of a table because the ridges are brown, the top of the table looks tan with blue and brown "specks," and it looks like it's made of marble. You can also kind of see some of the drawer pushed out at the bottom. That's why I think it is the top of a table.

What is responsibility? Responsibility can be many things. It can be taking responsibility for your actions. For example, if you accidentally threw a ball in the wrong direction, you broke the window, and then you said you did it instead of blaming someone else. Responsibility can also be trying to be mature. Like when you WANT to empty the dishwasher because you want to be responsible. OR if you are watching a child because their parents cannot be with them, you are taking responsibility for them. Sometimes it will be hard, but if you are responsible you will do the task. That’s what I think responsibility is.

These are seven awesome facts about me. I take Karate Class. I have a golden doodle named Charley. I have moved from Wisconsin, to Texas, to Georgia, to Texas, to Georgia. I do not look anything like my dad or my mom. My birthday is right after Cinco De Mayo. I LOVE to study astronamy. My favorite band is Queen, but I also love Rolling Stones. EXTRA FACT! People say me and my sister look exactly alike, even though we are fifteen months apart. Those are seven facts about me.

Article posted September 13, 2008 at 05:02 AM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 58

Today we viewed a video in class called Future Fright: The Bill of Rights. The way I feel about this video is nervous, scared, upset, and interested. In the video, a family has been trapped in the jungle and come back to a whole different America, an America without the Bill of Rights. Thier son got chased into the military, men were FORCED to vote, no free speech, women could not work or vote and are counted as property, and only certain people can use hospitals. If they wanted to get out of America, thier son would have to give a lung to the "dictator's" son, and their daughter would have to stay behind in America. 

I feel nervous about this video because this video isn't an impossible theory. It could happen, and very soon. So I am nervous because this could happen when I am still alive. I am also scared for my family because I don't know how it would affect my little sister (fourth grade), my dad (with type 2 diabetes), and my mom (deadly allergic to peanuts). So I am scared how it will affect my family. I am upset that the people in that video (even though they are actors acting) have to be treated so cruelly with nothing to do all day. So I would be upset, too, if that was me. Finally, I am interested because it shows what could happen if the Founding Fathers didn't give three branches to the government and shows what could happen if they didn't make the Bill of Rights. So we really need to watch who we pick as president so they won't remove the Bill of Rights or the Judicial Branch and the Legislative Branch.

We should stand together to try to keep our Bill of Rights, our three branches, and our awesome government!