Copyright (c) 2014 by Mr. Rezac Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mr. Rezac -- Blogmeister

Rezac's Writers

This eighth grade class is using the most modern medium and transferring our writing skills from the classroom to a public forum- the blog. They've created blogs that are based in topics that they have chosen, and are given a weekly prompt designed to view their subject in a new and unique way.

by Mr. Rezac

No Links added yet!

By now I'm sure you have a lot to do to finish up. For this last article, I'd like you to answer the question:

How does my blog represent the themes of sharing, collaborating, and participation?

1. Two paragraphs

2. Please insert one appropriate picture from flickrcc.bluemountains.net

3. Don't forget to cite your image, and leave the URL to share with others.

That's it! When you are done go to Mrs. Durffs blogs, and get somebody to read your blog by reading theirs. 

Article posted November 3, 2008 at 03:46 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 47

For this article, write about anything having to do with your subject. Received some good feedback from a commentator? Had an idea for an article that you're just itching to get out? Now is the time to write about it.

But.....it must have these things:

1. At least 2 paragraphs.

2. Embed an appropriate movie or gadget.

3. Upload an image from flickrcc.bluemountains.net

4. Add at hot link to another article that backs up your statements.

Do not send to publishing without these things, as  you may have found out, they don't get approved.

This article is due when you walk into class on Wednesday, and is part of the final 5 articles for submission. Wednesday, you will be writing article #10 in class, and will complete that article in class.

The top ten list is kind of a fun and interesting way to get people to read your blog. Compare it to American Film Institutes top 100 films list that they put out every year. Click that link to check that out It's an easy, cheap way to get people to come to your blog and drum up publicity.

So your article #8 blog post will include:

1. An explanation of each on your list

2. A link to another website that offers more info.

3. An embedded video that is not random, but helps to enhance this blog post.

4. An image from flickrcc that gives the link of the photo as well.

Remember article #7 was the embedded Google Gadget

Article #6 was the Voice Blog.

Have fun with this one!

.

Article posted October 24, 2008 at 03:39 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 55

After you have submitted all six of your articles for approval AND embedded your voice blog into your homework/assignments tab, you can go to Google Gadgets.

1. Start a new article. Remember that when embedding code, you must be in TEXT mode.

2. There are many Google gadgets to choose from. Remember that I still have to approve any content that you add, so be careful which kind of gadget you add.

3. When you choose a Gadget, on the bottom it will say "Get the Code"

4. Write a short paragraph to your readers as to why your are offering this helpful content/gadget and paste the code below. I'm a big fan of entertainment news, so I though that I'd add the gadget below because it enriches the reader's experience to my blog.

Today we are embedding content on our blogs.

Find your voice blog here. Once you have found your voice blog, raise your hand, and we'll show you how to embed it.

If you didn't do your voice blog then you will get your content from

here .

1. Find a video that you like.

2. Copy the code from below.

3. Start a new article titled Embedded Content. Make sure that you're in TEXT mode. Write a quick introduction and paste your code in below it. When you save and View Your Blog, it should appear.

4. I will approve those quickly and we can get those out for commenting.

Comment here.

or Comment here.

Don't forget all five articles need to be published by Friday. I will not approve them after Friday.

The other day I created a voice blog that was about cooking. Here it is!

Gabcast! Rezac's Collaborations #1

Article posted October 20, 2008 at 02:59 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 38

This week is going to be super fun, because we are going to be phoning in our blog article from a remote location. We'll be using a channel I created on Gabcast to add your recorded blog post to your Classblogmeister blog.

But first thing's first:

1. Check your own blog for comments.

2. Make at least one constrictive comment on these blogs.

3. Your sixth article, you're going to be doing another review. It will be recorded on the phone, and it needs to be:

• At least one minute long.

• Tell us what you think of whatever it is you saw, read, listened to. Good, Bad and WHY?

• Good professional sound. Remember that this will be shared with many other people, and you want to represent yourself well.

• Give us a resource: a website to go to, a book store of where we can get this, if it's a movie, where's the closest place I can go see it. People who hear this are going to want more information!

• That's all!

For your sixth article you are going to phone in your Blog Post by:

• Calling 1.888.887.3127

• Put in the channel number 23745

• Put in the channel password 54321

• It will then ask you to record: REMEMBER, when you are done recording, you must press Pound(#). It will then ask you to 1. listen to your recording, or 2, publish your recording.

Couple of notes. No real names. Try to be vague about locations. User name or initials. Or whatever alternative name you use.

Have fun with this. When you return to class on Wednesday, we will embed your recording into your blog for your next post.

Mr. R

Article posted October 16, 2008 at 02:36 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 55

Today's Agenda:

1. First let's take a look at these new blogs. Comment on three of them and leave your URL. Please do not leave comments about grammar and spelling.

2. Next, read this article about how the economy is affecting the movie business.

3. Start a new article: How do you think the slowing economy will affect your subject?(music, sports, movies, etc.) What kind of material can we expect to see with this economy?

1. Three reasons why.

2. At least 3 paragraphs

3. Quote someone or refer to an other website. "According to..."

4. Upload a picture that is relevant to your article from here.

1. choose a picture

2. click on the green link above it

3. takes you to it's page where you will find the author and the license

4. to leave attribution - use the author, the url, & the license

Today's Agenda:

1. Let's check out our blogs and see if we have any comments!!

2. If a student gives you a comment and leaves their URL- then check out their blog, and return the favor.

3 Commenting time. Go to Mrs. Durff's Blog.

4. Summary

Article posted October 7, 2008 at 02:02 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 95

Today we are going to be commenting on others blogger's blogs.

1. Do Now

2. What is good feedback?

3. Go to Mrs. Durff's Student's Blogs.

4. Spend time reading through and giving students comments along the lines of what we talked about.

5. Do not give out an email address.

6. Past the URL of your blog in there, so those students can read yours.

Bloggeranas
Eighth Grade Bloggerinos

I'm someone who never stops wanting to create experiences. Let's have a new one every day, I say.