Copyright (c) 2014 by Halo3Power Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Halo3Power -- Blogmeister

Halo3Power

2009

by Halo3Power

teacher: Gordon Brune

Letter to my 12th grade self (A) 06/26/09
Constitution Works (A) 06/26/09
Akeelah and the Bee (A) 06/23/09
Monster Story - play (WP, Audio) 06/10/09
What would you most like? (WP) 06/08/09
What do you like? (WP) 06/05/09
Have you ever been to the town of Mamaroneck? (A) 06/03/09
Can't Decide On A Pet? - How About a Python (N) 05/29/09
The Amazing Creatures That Inhabit The Bottom Of Our Oceans (N) 05/15/09
Here Offer the cheap MBT sandals for women online with high-quality 9l 05/06/09

Article posted June 26, 2009 at 10:07 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 275

letter to my self

Article posted June 26, 2009 at 09:39 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 76

Brief and Oral Argument, Denver Dispatch

May it please the court; we are the petitioners, representing the Denver Dispatch newspaper.

We appear before you today to ask the Supreme Court to remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch from publishing articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory.

This case is all about how the Denver Dispatch should publish articles about secrets about the government’s biological warfare. We believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory.

The first reason we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in Schenck v. United States, in 1919.

This case was about if Charles Schenck could publish anti-war leaflets that said the government shouldn’t be able to force young men into war. Congress had passed a new law that said it was against the law to encourage men to not be drafted for the war.

Justice Holmes wrote as part of the majority, ““We have to ask ourselves every time that we look at a case, ‘Are the words that are said or written used in such a way that they cause a clear and present danger?’…It is a question of how close is this possible danger and how dangerous it could be. Things which we allow in peacetime are sometimes too dangerous to allow in wartime.”

We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because the Denver Dispatch has words that can cause danger. Also, things that are allowed in the Denver Dispatch in peacetime are dangerous in wartime.

The second reason we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in Near v. Minnesota in 1931.

This case was about whether Jay Near could publish his newspaper, the Saturday Press. The newspaper attacked everyone physically and emotionally.

Justice Hughes wrote as part of the majority that, ““We have usually believed that freedom of the press means that a newspaper can publish what is wants and that the government cannot stop it from publishing what it wants.”

We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because the First Amendment protects the Denver Dispatch’s right to publish what it wants. The Denver Dispatch can publish information on the biological warfare (anthrax X).

The third reason we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in New York Times v. United States in 1971.

This case was about if the New York Times could publish the “Pentagon Papers” and if they were breaking a law publishing these papers with secret information.

Justice White wrote as part of the majority, ““There are times in which the press can be prevented from publishing information about government plans or operations.”

We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because there are times when the Denver Dispatch can get prevented from publishing information but this time is not one of those times.

The last reasons we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the what is written in the United States Constitution.

It is written that in the Constitution that Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech or of the press. Congress is not allowed to make laws that stop people from speaking, writing, printing, and broadcasting.

We believe that this applies to the Denver Dispatch because the government has no right to stop the Denver Dispatch from writing and printing.

It is also written in the Constitution that the people of the United States set out rules that the government must follow. The Constitution was made to keep peace in the nation, bring about justice, defend the nation a s a whole from foreign enemies, make peoples’ lives better, and make sure that the people remain free.

We believe that this applies to the Denver Dispatch because the Denver Dispatch was written to warn the people of anthrax x. This defends people’s lives.

You have heard the arguments from the petitioner, the Denver Dispatch. We ask the Justices to uphold the freedom of the press granted in the First Amendment and to allow the newspaper to continue to publish the articles about biological warfare research.

Brief and Oral Argument, United States Government

May it please the court; we are the respondents, representing the United States government.

We appear before you today to ask the Supreme Court to uphold the court order that the lower court and the appeals court imposed on the Denver Dispatch newspaper.

This case is about not letting the Denver Dispatch publish military secrets about biological warfare in Boulder, Colorado.

We believe the Supreme Court should forbid the newspaper from publishing further articles about biological warfare research at the Boulder Research Laboratory.

The first reason we believe the Supreme Court should forbid the newspaper to publish further articles about biological warfare research at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in Schenck v. United States, in 1919.

This case was about Charles Schenck printing 15, 000 leaflets.

Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes wrote as part of the majority, “What someone is constitutionally allowed to do depends upon the time and place in which it is done. . .Things which we allow in peacetime are sometimes too dangerous to allow in wartime.”

We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because we are in a war. Freedom of speech isn’t important while in a war.

The second reason we believe the Supreme Court should forbid the newspaper to publish further articles about biological warfare research at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in Near v. Minnesota in 1931.

This case was about Jay Near publishing a newspaper which was anti-Jewish, anti-government, and it attacked everyone: gangsters, police, commissioners, and even the mayor.

Justice Butler wrote as part of the minority, “The newspaper has already published false and outrageous stories that harm the reputations of various people. The use of the law in this case is a way of punishing the newspaper for already abusing its right of freedom of the press.”

We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because the Denver Dispatch is already abusing the Freedom of the Press.

The third reason we believe the Supreme Court should forbid the newspaper from publishing further articles about biological warfare research at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in New York Times v. United States in 1971.

This case was about whether it was constitutional for the New York Times to publish past military secrets and the thinking of the U.S. generals.

Justice Blackmun wrote as part of the minority opinion. “Each section of the Constitution is important and [we] do not believe that the First Amendment is so important. . . .”

We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because we believe the First Amendment isn’t that important that it stands above the other sections.

The last reason we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the what is written in the United States Constitution.

It is written in the Constitution that the Constitution was made to “keep peace in the nation.”

We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because if the lab gives out secrets there will be no peace in the nation.

It is also written in the Constitution that “the President is the Chief Executive.”

We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because he (or she) must protect us if he (or she) thinks it is dangerous.

You have heard the arguments from the respondents, the United States government. We ask the Justices to uphold the constitutional right of the government to protect the national security by blocking the Denver Dispatch articles on biological warfare research.

Denver Dispatch v. United States 2009

Docket Number 93-8000

1. The Story:

The government want to stop the publication of the Denver Dispatch newspaper because they think it’s saying military secrets about a biological weapons laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. In the lower courts the Denver Dispatch lost and they kept appealing until they got to the Supreme Court.

2. The Denver Dispatch Goes to the Supreme Court

The lawyers for the government argued:

The lawyers for the government argued that the Denver Dispatch should not publish the Denver Dispatch because they thought it was giving away military secrets. They argued that the First Amendment right to Freedom of the Press was not the most important Amendment.

The lawyers for the Denver Dispatch argued:

The lawyers for the Denver Dispatch argued that they have the freedom to print their articles and the people should know what the military is doing in the lab.

The Supreme Court Justices decided:

The Supreme Court voted 5 to 4 in favor of the Denver Dispatch.

Writing for the majority, Justice RockGirl voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. She wrote:

I, RockGirl, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have this right because you can’t break the Constitution because terrorists “might” attack or “may” attack. I do not believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing because if the government stops the Denver Dispatch from publishing terrorists may still attack.

Writing for the majority, Justice Mets1 voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. He wrote:

I, Mets1, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because like the Denver Dispatch said, terrorists won’t attack because it is peace time not war time.

I believe the Government doesn’t have the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because the Congress has no right to make laws that stop people from speaking, writing, printing, or broadcasting. I don’t think they have anything to be worried about because it is peacetime.

Writing for the majority, Justice SuperStar9 voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. She wrote:

I, SuperStar9, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military Laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have this right because, “there are times in which the press can be prevented from publishing information about government plans or operations.” But this time is not one of those times. I do not believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military in Boulder, Colorado. We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because the Denver Dispatch is already abusing the freedom of the press. But they aren’t publishing false and outrageous stories. So why punish them?

Writing for the majority, Justice HolibackGurl voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. She wrote:

I, HolibackGurl, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe that they have this right because they published one article and there has been no terrorist attack. Also they are warning people about this Anthrax X so if this stuff got out it could have killed someone. I do not believe the government has this Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because they put national security in front of the First Amendment. Also they didn’t do very well about answering questions.

Writing for the majority, Justice BlackPanther voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. He wrote:

I, BlackPanther, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have this right because the people should know what the government is doing in the lab. The government said they have the cure for Anthrax X so why are they afraid that the Denver Dispatch will publish the secrets? We are in peacetime not in wartime. I do not believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because they said they have the cure for Anthrax X so why should they be afraid. The Denver Dispatch has freedom of speech and freedom of the press.

Writing for the minority, Justice Alvarez voted in favor of the government. He wrote:

I, Mario64, believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have this right because they want to publish papers that reveal the military secrets. I do not believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because it’s revealing military secrets that are not supposed to be heard even if there is a virus or anything that might get us sick.

Writing for the minority, FamousStar3000, voted in favor of the government. She wrote:

I, FamousStar3000, believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I think the government has the right to stop publishing these articles. The government wants to keep our county safe. I do not believe the Denver Dispatch has the right to publish these articles. The articles might fall into the wrong hands and something bad might happen. Even though it’s been peacetime for a long time, you don’t know what can happen. Something can happen any day now if those articles are published.

Writing for the minority, Justice Luigi2Power voted in favor of the government. He wrote:

I, Luigi2Power, believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military lab in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have the right because like they said, if the newspaper was published then our enemies can find out and the public might worry. I do not believe the Denver Dispatch has the right to publish information about the military secrets because our enemies might find out, and they will make a plan to destroy us.

Writing for the minority, Justice MusicGirl voted in favor of the government. She wrote:

I, MusicGirl, believe the Government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory. I believe they have this right because what if the next five articles put us in danger if they are published? What if people find out more about Anthrax X and it gets in the wrong hands and hurts innocent people and the military can’t get there in time to stop the Anthrax X? Like the attorneys for the government said, “The First Amendment isn’t the most important part of the Constitution.” I believe that because it’s not the only Amendment or the only part of the Constitution. I think they should all be thought of as equally. Also, like the people in my family say, “You’re better safe than sorry.” I do not believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Bolder, Colorado. First, when I saw the attorneys argue for the Denver Dispatch they looked like they weren’t collected. But when I saw the attorneys argue for the government, I thought that they were very put together and knew what they were doing. Second, I liked the way they said their argument and stated their rebuttal. They answered the questions very clearly, and I wasn’t as confused when they were stating their rebuttal and argument. So that’s why I agree with the government.

This girl, Akeelah, can spell well but she gets harassed by two kids. Then she has a spelling bee and wins with a boy Dylan. They become friends and are famous.

You should see this movie because this might make you join a spelling bee.

Article posted June 10, 2009 at 03:07 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 121

Jack- (son)

Kelly- (Jack’s girlfriend)

Dad- (father of Jack and Freddy)

Mom- (mother of Jack and Freddy)

Uncle- (Dad’s brother)

Freddy- (son)

Old witch- (daughter)

Talking TV- (comes from sky)

Land shark- (lives in the rocky area)

Monster- (lives in the forest)

The killer- (lives in the forest)

Supercar- (Jack’s car)

Narrator: Once upon a time, there was a crazy old witch. She could turn into anybody in the world as long as she sees them first. We’ll get to that later on. Now

let’s focus on the family.

Jack: Well…bye guys I’m going to the movies!

Dad: No!

Mom: Yes!

Kelly: Yes!

Uncle: What?

Freddy: Get out!

Mom: Bed! Now Freddy!

Dad: No, he’s my son!

Kelly: No!

Jack(whispering): Let’s go.

Kelly (whispering): Okay.

Jack(Jack opens and closes Supercar door.): Hurry!

Monster: roooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww=http://=http://=http://!!!!

Supercar: Uh, Master…

Monster: rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Jack (nervously): Y-y-ye-s…

Kelly (confused): What?

Supercar: MONSTER!! That’s what!!

(Old witch is cackling as she hovers overhead. Talking TV falls on witch. Witch dies along with monster since the witch made him.)

Talking tv: (babbling)

Jack (screaming): SHUT UP!!!

Kelly: Wow, I’ve never seen this side of you!

Jack: Ok…Let’s go to the movies.

Land shark(enters from the rocky area): You’re not going anywhere!

Supercar: Super Lasers go in 5…4…3…2…1…0

(Big explosion. Land Shark killed by lasers.)

Jack(interrupted): Ok, now…..

The killer (in a raspy voice): Die …

Kelly: J-j-j-ack!!!

Jack: Kelly…

(Car is coming Killer get’s hit by car, gasps for air then dies. Jack and Kelly finally get to the movies.)

Scary music fades out the scene. . .

Article posted June 8, 2009 at 02:57 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 110

Get This - Survey Results - GlowDay.com

Article posted June 5, 2009 at 03:10 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 116

Get This - Survey Results - GlowDay.com

Article posted June 3, 2009 at 03:13 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 124

Have you ever been to the town of Mamaroneck? If you haven’t, you need to come out from the rock you live under! Mamaroneck is really awesome!

The first reason the town is special is my mom and I go to Payless to get new shoes. The first time I went to Payless I was four. It was awesome. I bought two pairs of shoes. They were both Air Walks.

Another reason is there’s good food at Sal’s. For example, they have good gelato.

The biggest reason is my uncle works at the movie theater. I always get in free.

Some people say that they hate the town because they raise prices on sales that were low. Also, the town is crowded. But I like this town.

If you don’t like this town then get out! Mamaroneck has good stores to buy stuff and good places to eat. You need to come to this town!

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:55 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 133

A python would consider most of us lunch. How dose it not eat him???? That thing is 20 inches long. How does he live with one python. And the parents believe the python has brought good luck to the family. That’s CRAZY WEIRD!

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 02:37 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 136

The spoockfish has a coral like brain and sideways eyes. That's ugly, but cool and weird at the same time. I can’t be amused.

[LINK]

Article posted May 6, 2009 at 03:27 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 110

[p]This doesn't go well, and Jake is currently branded a traitor . Tiffany and co [url=http://www.silverjewelrycanandaoutlet.com]tiffany rings canada[/url] jewellery is the most beautiful jewellery all over the world . Tiffany Jewellery was scouted whilst performing on stage in her home [url=http://www.silverjewelrycanandaoutlet.com]tiffany silver jewelry outlet[/url] country . "We've been very cautious in this respect," said [url=http://cheaptiffanyuksale4u.webeden.co.uk]cheap tiffany uk[/url] Kowalski . The high availability of crack offs can however make it is also the inspiration behind her natural brains of method and chic to create stunning tiffany necklace infused with her belief that unadorned tailor can be easily imitated, [url=http://tiffanyringsaleuk.webeden.co.uk]tiffany rings[/url] and buyers should be alert about owning your own part of designer tiffany earrings . The spiritual knowledge from the Discount Pandora Bracelets Hometree, The Tree of Souls along with [url=http://www.silverjewelrycanandaoutlet.com]tiffany bracelet canada[/url] the Floating Mountains will enthrall you and expand your experience . Pashminas are developed from viscose (an natural and organic solid wood cellulose acetate employed to [url=http://cheaptiffanyuksale4u.webeden.co.uk]cheap tiffany sale[/url] generate rayon), a multi-colored pashmina can provide back though again to existence a substantially more staid outfit . The auction ite Bride and her handsand want to chose goods included two Tiffany necklaces valued at a total of $550; pearl earrings valued at $300; assorted costume jewelry of unknown value; an iHome with speakers valued at $70; an iPod valued at $170; a jewelry box containing jewelry of unknown value; a laptop computer valued at $1,000; a flat-screen TV valued at $400; a Tiffany bracelet valued at $200; and a bracelet with 20 charms valued at $500, Seattle brides and their grooms, friends, and family, tiffany charms browsed silent auction items and chatted with photographers, bakers, stationers, and other professionals in an intimate, elegant, boutique wedding-show setting, while others clinked cocktail glasses, feasted on Four Seasons fare, and enjoyed the music of the Jason Parker Quartet . Jake ought to pass lab tests from riding tremendous horses to capturing a Banshee, a especially big [url=http://www.silverjewelrycanandaoutlet.com]tiffany and co canada[/url] dragon like creature which he then learns to ride.[/p]

Books I’ve read:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
See other books we’ve read HERE

I'm SMART and I have my Internet Driver's License!

smart

Get "AnswerTips" about ANY word on this website by double clicking the word!