Copyright (c) 2014 by CheerGirl98 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
CheerGirl98 -- Blogmeister

CheerGirl98

2009

by CheerGirl98

teacher: Gordon Brune

Letter to my 12th grade self (A) 06/26/09
Constitution Works (A) 06/26/09
Come watch Akeelah and the Bee! (A) 06/18/09
High Heeled (WP, Video) 06/17/09
You're my best friend (WP, audio) 06/09/09
Dear Alli (WP) 06/01/09
You should stop graffiti today! (A) 06/01/09
Artist Creates Masterpiece From Old Books! (N) 05/29/09
The Best Job In The World Goes To...(N) 05/15/09
How I Got Rid Of My Teacher 2 (WP) 05/11/09
Britain's Hi-Tech Octogenarian (N) 05/08/09
One Crazy Day (WP) 05/01/09
Lost on an Island (WP) 04/27/09
The Simpsons Clam Finally Gets Some Respect (N) 04/17/09
My First Softball Game (WP) 04/16/09
Go and Put Some Sal's Pizza In Your Stomach! (A) 04/03/09
Spectacular sandtorm (N) 03/27/09
D.A.R.E Report (A) 03/23/09
My favorite music artists [the one's that only poped into my head at the moment] (WP) 03/18/09
My teachers I have had so far (WP) 03/18/09
Wimpy Kid Comic Contest (A) 03/16/09
The climb (WP, Audio)) 03/13/09
The Stunning Pink Dolphin (N) 03/13/09
Final Pioneer Diary Entry (A) 03/10/09
When I went to Six Flags (WP) 03/09/09
Return to the Moon (A) 03/09/09
Rockstar (WP, Audio) 03/04/09
My Thumb (WP) 02/26/09
My Review of Diary of a Wimpy Kid (WP) 02/24/09
When my finger got hurt really bad (WP) 02/23/09
The Krispy Kream Challenge (N) 02/13/09
What do you do if you don't know what to write about? (WP) 02/12/09
This Week (WP) 02/10/09
Review of Enchanted (WP) 02/03/09
A penguin that is scared of water (N) 02/02/09
I have a dream (A) 01/21/09
The 5th grade trip (WP) 01/21/09
My phone (WP) 01/20/09
A big surprise (WP) 01/20/09
The 22 stars of Marly and Me (N) 01/15/09
My cat (WP) 01/15/09
When I got a haircut (WP) 01/12/09
How many times does your heart beat a day? (A) 01/12/09
Frankie the cat burglar (N) 12/16/08
Princess Alisa 2 (WP) 12/08/08
Deaf Dalmatian Learns sign language (N) 12/04/08
Cheergirl98 School's Report (A) 11/19/08
How geographic features can effect peoples' lives (A) 11/18/08
What to write about (WP) 11/13/08
Princess Alisa (WP) 11/06/08
Election Issues (A) 10/27/08
The happiest place turns spooky (N) 10/14/08
Kera the gorilla finds a new home (N) 10/02/08
When my parents let me get a pet (A) 09/25/08
America Is. . .(A) 09/18/08
CheerGirl Rocks! (WP) 09/17/08
Dog Saves Owner By Calling 911 (N) 09/16/08
Once Upon a Time (WP) 09/15/08
When I Got My Ears Pierced (WP) 09/11/08
How I Got Rid of My Teacher (WP) 09/11/08

Title: Movie Review (06/23/09)

"Akeelah and the Bee" is about a girl named Akeelah. She loves spelling. She can spell a lots of words. In her school they had a spelling bee and the one who won got to go to Washington D.C. Always when she has a spelling test, she gets words right with out practicing. First, she does not want to enter the spelling bee because she was scared that people were going to laugh at her. She was in 7th grade and only 11 years old. So she made it to Washington D.C. That is how she met kids like Dylan who for two years won second place in the national spelling bee. It was the last round. They were getting all the words right. Then Dylan got a word wrong. Then it was Akeelah's turn. She got the word right. Dylan's dad was mad because he lost. Her mom did not want her to go to the spelling be and her friend was mad at Akeelah because she did not spend time with her. She meets other friends like Dylan, Javier, Professor Larabie, Mr. Welsh. The professor is the one that helps Akeelah all the way through. You should see the movie "Akeelah and the Bee."

First, people should see this movie because it teaches you a lesson that it does not matter if you are rich or poor.

Second, it is funny.

Third, you feel like you are in the movie.

So, to find out the end you should see "Akeehah and the Bee." It is a great movie. Go see "Akeehal and the Bee" now. It is a great movie!

I think the movie "Tha Sand Lot" is a really good movie. If you like baseball or dogs you are going to like this movie. It also has action and a little bit of romance but it is really mostly action.

The movie is about a kid who moves into town. He doesn’t know about a vicious dog that lives across the sand lot. He tries to make friends. He gets his stepdad's ball that was signed by Babe Ruth. He told them that he had a ball so they started playing, but the ball went over the fence. They did everything they could to get the ball back, but they kept failing.

In the movie "Everyone's Hero" the main characters are Arvin (a talking baseball), the dad, the bat, all the baseball players, and Babe Ruth. They are in New York. I liked the movie because it had the Yankees in it, and I love the Yankees!

The first reason why I like this movie is because it has a little boy caring for his family.

The second reason why I like this morning is because of a talking baseball which is so cute!

And, lastly, is because of Babe Ruth. He is my favorite player of all time.

So if you want to see a movie with a talking baseball, Babe Ruth, and a boy caring for his family, then come see this movie! Go see "Everyone's Hero"!

In the movie "Akeelah and the Bee," there was this girl named Akeelah. She went to this school, and she was a really a good speller. She went to this spelling bee in her school and the person who would win would go to Washington D.C to do a national spelling bee there. She won her school spelling bee and got to go to the nationals in Washington D.C. She had a professor as a trainer who would help her spell. Sometimes Akeelah and the professor would get in fights like if she would be late or if she didn’t do something right. Then she went to the nationals in Washington D.C. She got one wrong. That pulled her down. Then this other kid, Dylan, got one wrong so she had another chance! Then they both started getting stuff wrong on purpose and finally they both won first place! I was so happy when she won! Then all of Akeelah’s parents, family, friends and neighbors got so happy because she was on TV. They were so happy that she won!

I think this is such a good movie to watch because it’s really emotional and funny! Also, it really teaches you how to concentrate on your work. And maybe you could go to the next national spelling bee!

The movie "Everyone's Hero" is all about Babe Ruth’s Bat "Darlin'" getting stolen. When the bat is stolen, Yankee Erving is in the cage where Darlin was. He felt really bad because his dad lost his job because his dad was the guard at that time. So then he goes and tries to find Darlin with a gloomy Baseball who just wants to go back to the sand lot. Lefty Magunis is a Chicago Cubs pitcher who stole Darlin.

There are three reasons why I think you should see this movie. First, it’s funny! For instance in one part the Yankees are going to Chicago with the Cincinnati team and the ball, "Screwy," gets thrown all over the place. The funny part is while he is getting thrown around he’s saying, “Put me down=http://” Then when they stopped playing with him he said, “That was fun. I want to do that again.”

Second, it’s about the Yankees! And if you like the Yankees like I do you should see this movie. I mean the kid's name is YANKEE!

Finally, Yankee travels a lot in the movie. So if you like to see a lot of different scenes this is the movie for you.

So, if you're looking for a funny traveling movie anbout the Yankees, go see "Everyone’s Hero"!

This girl, Akeelah, can spell well but she gets harassed by two kids. Then she has a spelling bee and wins with a boy Dylan. They become friends and are famous.

You should see this movie because this might make you join a spelling bee.

Article posted June 23, 2009 at 02:40 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 151

the sandlot1

the sandlot2

“Everyone’s Hero” is all about a boy who was trying to return Darling, Babe Ruth’s bat, to Babe Ruth because Lefty stole it. You should see the movie “Everyone’s Hero.”

First of all, you should see “Everyone’s Hero because it is very funny. For example, a talking baseball kept saying, “My butt! My head!” when he fell down a staircase.

The next reason you should see “Everyone’s Hero” is because it teaches you that even if you are bad at something you can be good at it next time. For example, the little boy was really bad at baseball but when he played baseball again after he got the bat he hit a home run.

The third reason you should watch “Everyone’s Hero” is because it is adventurous in a way that makes you laugh. Like when the time Lefty was trying to get the baseball bat.

The last reason you should watch “Everyone’s Hero” is because it is part of history but it also seems to be in our time. It was when Babe Ruth was alive but you can tell that it could be in our time.

So if you want to see a movie that is funny, adventurous, teaches something, and is part in the past but also in our time, go see “Everyone’s Hero”!

Article posted June 22, 2009 at 02:04 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 126

The "Sand Lot" is about these nine kids that always playing in a sand lot. It’s in the old days. But a greedy dog lives behind the rusty old fence that is in the sand lot.

So one day one of the nine boys (Smalls) hits a baseball signed by Babe Ruth. They had to get it back because it was Small's dad's signed baseball and it was signed by Babe Ruth! Whatever goes over that fence stays over the fence! So they tried every way to get the ball back. They just couldn’t get it back so Benny jumped over the fence and got the ball. The dog chased Benny through the whole town. Then when they got back to the sand lot the dog knocked over the fence. But it’s a good thing they got the ball back.

I think people should see this movie because it’s the funniest movie ever seen. It’s also a terrific kids movie. It’s my favorite movie.

The main characters in the movie “The Sandlot,” are Ben, Bill, Mom, and the players, but the most important character was "Smalls." (At least that’s what his team calls him.) It takes place in a place that could really be anywhere. All you would need is a baseball field and kids will come. You should see “The Sandlot”.

First of all, it is scary, so for the people that like a scare there is one for you. You should see this movie.

Secondly, it is good for sport fans. It is just like a game of baseball on TV.

Finally, it is funny. There are a lot of jokes that are very funny. Mostly kid jokes, and the class loved them!

So if you want to see a movie that is funny, sporty, and scary you should see “The Sandlot.” So get off your couch, and stop watching bad movies! Go buy “The Sandlot."

Article posted June 18, 2009 at 05:21 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 157

"Akeelah and the Bee" is all about this girl name Akeelah who is an amazing speller! She can spell almost anything you can say! Anyway, there are a lot of main characters in this movie. And they are, of course Akeelah, Kiannah (Akeelah’s sister), Mr.Whelch (Akeelah’s principal) Akeelah’s mom, Akeelahs two brothers, Dylan (one of Akeelah’s competition), Javier (Akeelah’s friend/ competition), Georgia (Akeelah’s friend), professor Larabbie (helps Akeelah spell), and mostly the whole neighborhood who helps her practice. This takes place in a whole bunch of places like, Los Angeles and Washington D.C. Most people would say “all over the world.” I liked the movie "Akeelah and the Bee." It is the most inspiring movie ever!

To start with (like I said before) it inspired me. For example, she wanted to quit spelling at one part of the movie but she stuck with it, and she did great in the spelling bee. When she was in her first spelling bee at her school, she won. But after they said she won this guy, Professor Larabbie, who was watching her (he coaches her later on in the movie) asked her to spell more words. She got most of them right except for one and everyone started laughing at her. She wanted to quit and she didn’t. So that inspired me a lot!

In addition, you should also watch this movie because it gets you asking questions like is Akeelah going to win? What is going to happen next? Or something like is that true?! Or you will gasp at something like, "I can’t believe that just happened!" Or "Will they both win?" Or something else like, "I hope she wins! I really hopes she wins!" I was nervous when Akeelah went up to spell a word. I kept hoping that she would win!

And lastly, it really got you in to it. I had my eyes glued to that screen. And I saw everyone in my class looking at the screen. I even think my teacher did even though it was like his 4th time seeing it. I really liked it. And even when she won something, I and my whole class started cheering and clapping!

So if you want to go see a movie that is inspiring, and gets you asking questions, and has your eyed glued to the screen, go see "Akeelah and the Bee"!

Article posted June 18, 2009 at 05:21 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 173

"Akeelah and the Bee" is all about this girl, Akeelah, and how she is a really good speller. But she misses a lot of school. There are a lot of other people that are important in this movie: Akeelah’s mom, Mr. Welch (the principal), Keannah (the older sister) Dylan, Javier, Proffesor Learaby, and Georgia. Akeelah’s dad died when someone shot him, and Akeelah’s mom is trying very hard to deal with all the kids because she has kids to worry about also. Her teacher thinks she should do the school spelling bee because she gets 100% on all her spelling tests, so she thinks about it. She gets a letter that says that she has to go to summer school. The principal tells her that if she does the school spelling bee then she won’t have to go everyday to summer school. So she does the school spelling bee. Her teacher said at the beginning of the spelling bee if she wins this school spelling bee than she is going to go to the district spelling bee. Akeelah wins the school spelling bee and goes to the district spelling bee. On the way, she meets Javier and Dylan.

I liked the movie because it was not just a fun movie, it was inspiring! ut if you want to know anymore then you should go rent "Akeelah and the Bee"!

First of all, I think Akeelah is very brave and a great kid because she didn’t want to be involved in any spelling bees. But, as I said, she is very brave and she stuck to the spelling bee. Even though she wanted to quit she didn’t. Professor Learaby helps Akeelah a lot later in the movie. He helps her with spelling later in the movie because he was a really good teacher until his wife and daughter died in a car accident. Then he became very sad. Also, all he wants to do now is just stay in his backyard with a fence around it all day!!

Another thing I like about this movie is that you get all squirmy in your seat because you are so curious to see if she is going to win the district spelling bee or the regional spelling bee or even the national spelling bee! You also wonder if Dylan or Javier are going to win? What would it be like in Los Angeles where Akeelah lives? Will everything be the same!?

The thing I likes most about this movie is that it is really engaging. I felt like I was in the movie because, as I said before ,it was so engaging and such a great movie. I didn’t think about anything else except the movie! Also, you can learn different words while you are watching this movie!

So if you want to go see one of the best movies you should go rent "Akeelah and the Bee"!

This is a really great movie!

This movie is about a girl making it to spelling bees. She trains hard, hard, hard, with her coach until she knows it all. The main characters are Dillan, Javier, Akeelah’s mom, Mr. Welch, Professor Larabie, and Akeelah. This movie takes place in Las Angeles, California and Washington D.C. This movie is “Akeelah And The Bee”. You should see this movie. It is the most inspiring movie!

First, you should see this movie because this movie is inspiring. Akeelah was inspired to become a spelling champion!

Second, this movie is pressuring. You never know if Akeelah will win or not! This makes the movie pretty interesting!

Last, this movie can inspire YOU to be in a spelling bee! Maybe YOU can make it to Washington D.C.! You never know if YOU will WIN!

This movie is very inspiring and pressuring. It is a spelling bee! So if you want to see a movie that is really inspiring and pressuring, go see “Akeelah And The Bee”!

Article posted June 18, 2009 at 05:08 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 168

If you like to play baseball then you should see "The Sand Lot." And if you like to laugh then that’s another reason to see the movie.

The "Sand Lot" is about all this kids and one animal. The kids' names are Benny, Bill, The Beast, Squint, and Smalls. They play at a sand lot, and there is a house that has a really scary dog. They have no ball to play with so Smalls gets one that his dad had signed, a baseball that was signed by Babe Ruth. Benny was really good so he hit the ball where THE BEAST was. They were trying to get it but they did not want to because THE BEAST was right where the fence was.

You should see the movie if you like to play baseball and like to laugh. I like this movie because I like to laugh. When I saw it we all laughed.

The first reason is if you like to watch baseball because they play A LOT of baseball.

The second reason is that if you like dogs because there is a huge dog in this movie that has to be locked.

The last reason is if you like to laugh because I know I do and there are a lot of funny scenes.

So you should go to see the "Sand Lot" if you like baseball and if you want to go laugh. You should see the "Sand Lot."

Books I’ve read:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
See other books we’ve read HERE

I'm SMART and I have my Internet Driver's License!

smart

Get "AnswerTips" about ANY word on this website by double clicking the word!