Copyright (c) 2014 by CheerGirl98 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
CheerGirl98 -- Blogmeister

CheerGirl98

2009

by CheerGirl98

teacher: Gordon Brune

Letter to my 12th grade self (A) 06/26/09
Constitution Works (A) 06/26/09
Come watch Akeelah and the Bee! (A) 06/18/09
High Heeled (WP, Video) 06/17/09
You're my best friend (WP, audio) 06/09/09
Dear Alli (WP) 06/01/09
You should stop graffiti today! (A) 06/01/09
Artist Creates Masterpiece From Old Books! (N) 05/29/09
The Best Job In The World Goes To...(N) 05/15/09
How I Got Rid Of My Teacher 2 (WP) 05/11/09
Britain's Hi-Tech Octogenarian (N) 05/08/09
One Crazy Day (WP) 05/01/09
Lost on an Island (WP) 04/27/09
The Simpsons Clam Finally Gets Some Respect (N) 04/17/09
My First Softball Game (WP) 04/16/09
Go and Put Some Sal's Pizza In Your Stomach! (A) 04/03/09
Spectacular sandtorm (N) 03/27/09
D.A.R.E Report (A) 03/23/09
My favorite music artists [the one's that only poped into my head at the moment] (WP) 03/18/09
My teachers I have had so far (WP) 03/18/09
Wimpy Kid Comic Contest (A) 03/16/09
The climb (WP, Audio)) 03/13/09
The Stunning Pink Dolphin (N) 03/13/09
Final Pioneer Diary Entry (A) 03/10/09
When I went to Six Flags (WP) 03/09/09
Return to the Moon (A) 03/09/09
Rockstar (WP, Audio) 03/04/09
My Thumb (WP) 02/26/09
My Review of Diary of a Wimpy Kid (WP) 02/24/09
When my finger got hurt really bad (WP) 02/23/09
The Krispy Kream Challenge (N) 02/13/09
What do you do if you don't know what to write about? (WP) 02/12/09
This Week (WP) 02/10/09
Review of Enchanted (WP) 02/03/09
A penguin that is scared of water (N) 02/02/09
I have a dream (A) 01/21/09
The 5th grade trip (WP) 01/21/09
My phone (WP) 01/20/09
A big surprise (WP) 01/20/09
The 22 stars of Marly and Me (N) 01/15/09
My cat (WP) 01/15/09
When I got a haircut (WP) 01/12/09
How many times does your heart beat a day? (A) 01/12/09
Frankie the cat burglar (N) 12/16/08
Princess Alisa 2 (WP) 12/08/08
Deaf Dalmatian Learns sign language (N) 12/04/08
Cheergirl98 School's Report (A) 11/19/08
How geographic features can effect peoples' lives (A) 11/18/08
What to write about (WP) 11/13/08
Princess Alisa (WP) 11/06/08
Election Issues (A) 10/27/08
The happiest place turns spooky (N) 10/14/08
Kera the gorilla finds a new home (N) 10/02/08
When my parents let me get a pet (A) 09/25/08
America Is. . .(A) 09/18/08
CheerGirl Rocks! (WP) 09/17/08
Dog Saves Owner By Calling 911 (N) 09/16/08
Once Upon a Time (WP) 09/15/08
When I Got My Ears Pierced (WP) 09/11/08
How I Got Rid of My Teacher (WP) 09/11/08

Title: Persuasive Essay (A) (04/06/09)

Article posted April 3, 2009 at 03:27 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 613

Are you a 5th grader and looking for a way to get out and have fun with your family?

Then the square dance at our school is really fun.

First of all, go to the square dance because you get to dance all different dances like the Chicken Dance, Grand, and Swing.

Second of all, it’s a great way to get out and have fun with your family if you can go because a lot of parents have work at night. So if you can come, the square dance is really fun.

The most important thing about the square dance is, if you work in the day and you really don't see your kids that much you can bond at the square dance because it's at night.

So, if you want to bond with your family and dance all different kinds of dances then come to the square dance.

Article posted April 14, 2009 at 03:14 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 57

Is your town dirty? Or messed up? Or is not going green? I help my town go green. A green town takes you far. We are lucky to have a clean town.

The first reason we’re lucky to have a clean town is that it is pretty to look at. Without the trash on the ground like cans and bags it’s prettier to look at. And people that have dog’s don’t leave the dog’s business on the ground.

Another reason is it has healthy fresh air and not the smoking air. Also the grass is fresh and clean.

The best reason is that there’s not writing that’s offensive on the wall and says bad things about other people or makes fun of others or says bad words.

If you want a clean town, that's pretty to look at, has healthy fresh air, and it is not offensive, then come to live in Mamaroneck.

Article posted April 3, 2009 at 02:54 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 82

Have you ever been to Sal’s pizza? When you enter that door you can just smell the cheesy pizza and pizza being made. You should go to Sal’s pizza.

To start with, Sal’s pizza is usually crowded. That means the pizza must be good. What’s so good about that? Well, you don’t want a restaurant that no people go to and it’s empty all the time. That must mean that the pizza is NOT good.

Another reason is they added on an Italian ices and gelatos place. Why is that such a big deal? It’s a big deal because maybe after pizza you could get an Italian ice or gelato as a dessert. Yeah, just the pizza by itself is good, but now you could get a dessert after!

And the biggest reason is it’s the only one of its kind. It’s only in Mamaroneck! One Sal’s pizza! Not a bunch like McDonalds, Burger King, and all that stuff. The only place where you can find Sal’s pizza is on Mamaroneck Avenue!

If you want to have fun and eat something good, go to Sal’s, get a pizza, and eat it!

Article posted April 3, 2009 at 02:53 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 73

Have you ever wanted a nice cold soda? A nice warm pizza? A refreshing gelato? Then you should go to Sal’s. They have all different kinds of pizza and pasta. Sal’s is the best pizza in the world!

First of all, Sal’s pizza has been here for awhile. Some of our parents probably went there when they were our age or even littler. Yeah, there are other pizza places, but Sal’s is good because it has nice soft pizza, and they have pasta and different kinds of pizza than just cheese, pepperoni, and meatball.

Another reason why Sal’s is amazing is because it added a gelato and ice cream place next to it. I like the gelato place because you can sit there with your pizza. It’s a little quieter. Also you can get dinner and then have dessert.

The best reason is because it’s one of its kind; it’s not a chain resteraunt. You can only find it on Mamaroneck Avenue. Of course there might be other pizza places named Sal’s, but they’re not the same.

Go to Sal’s, eat a pizza, get a drink, then buy a really good gelato!

Article posted April 15, 2009 at 02:40 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 76

Hey, do you think it’s fair to have homework over vacation? I think it’s really unfair! Students shouldn’t have homework over vacation.

To start with, students shouldn’t have homework on vacations if no kids do it anyway. There is no point in doing homework if kids don’t do it. No one will know if they do it or not. I will be bored to death if I have to do homework over vacation.

Also, students shouldn’t have homework on vacation because they can’t get help. There are no teachers to help explain things to you on vacation. My mom isn’t home on vacation sometimes to help me. There are no friends to help me on vacation because they go away.

Finally, students shouldn’t have homework on vacation because they can’t have fun. We shouldn’t have homework over vacation because we can’t have playdates with our friends. We shouldn’t have homework because we can’t play video games until all our homework is done. We shouldn’t have homework over vacation because then we can’t watch TV. We can’t go to the movies with our friends if we have homework.

Students shouldn’t have homework over vacation because they can’t have fun, they can’t get help with their work, and they don’t do it anyway! Teachers, do not give students homework on vacation anymore!

Article posted April 13, 2009 at 03:23 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 77

What do you like eating the most? If it is pizza and you have nothing to do you should go to Sal’s pizzeria.

The first reason is that in Sal’s they use a lot of special ingredients, and that is why it tastes good and it smells good too.

Second of all, every year for rec soccer league they make a soccer team of Sal’s pizzeria, and they always hang pictures of the team.

Finally, Sal’s pizzeria has been there for a very long time. That is why the pizza tastes so good.

If you want some really good pizza or pasta you should go to Sal’s.

Article posted April 16, 2009 at 06:58 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 54

Have you ever gotten tired of being the last one to finish a test? How about being the first one to finish? Well, you found the right essay, because I know the solution: Working as a team!

The first reason you should work as a team is that you can discuss some answers. If one person has a different answer than the rest of the group, they can tell why his/her answer is incorrect.

In addition, it’s important. You can be the only one in your group who has an answer to a question. Sometimes you can be the only one who doesn’t have an answer. If you or your group has an answer, you can tell each other.

The biggest reason is that working as a team is the easiest way to get work done. After you discussed and agree on an answer, the question is done. If you work alone, it will take a lot more time to finish. All you have to do is be in a group, discuss and agree on an answer, and you are done.

Working as a team is probably the easiest way to get work done. So if you want to get work done faster, go and work as a team!

Article posted April 3, 2009 at 03:08 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 80

Want to Have the Best Time of Your L-l-l-l-iiiiffffffffe?

“I got them done at the Mamaroneck nail salons!” I can just imagine walking into those salons feeling like a princess! This is one of the reasons why our town is really cool!

The first reason why I think our town is so cool is because it’s historic! What’s so cool about that is there are a lot of legends behind our town. So many Indians lived in Mamaroneck it’s not even funny! Also Mamaroneck is a really big Indian name! So many buildings are also historic, and that’s really cool! A lot of other towns don’t have a lot of historic stuff like we do.

Also our town has sooooooo many cool stores! A lot of towns have boorrinngg stores like Stop and Shop, C.V.S, or A&P. Well, our town has so much cool clothing stoooooores! Where do you think I got my cool clothes from?

Most importantly, nail salons! Out town have the best nail salons! Maybe not the cleanest nail salons but the best! You don’t find a lot of nail salons in a town, right? I maybe go to a nail salon twice a month or something like that. No other town has so much nail salons like ours! I just can’t get that out of my head!

Do you want to have the prettiest nails in the world, go to cool stores, and see historic sites? Come on down and check out our town!

Article posted April 14, 2009 at 03:20 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 65

Are you tired of getting up on a weekend to go buy books or videogames or even books that haven’t come out yet in book stores? Then you should get a pen out and order book clubs.

The first reason that book clubs are important is that kids that don’t know where book stores are can just order them. You get an order form from your teacher each month.

Another reason book clubs are important is because you can buy books that haven’t come out yet in book stores.

The biggest reason that book clubs are important is because if you’re bored of your video games you can get some video games from book clubs.

If you’re too lazy to get up and buy a book that isn’t in book stores yet, just get your wallet out and order book clubs.

Article posted April 13, 2009 at 03:16 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 72

Are you tired of eating hard burnt pizza? Are you tired of nothing to do while you’re waiting for your pizza? Well, today’s your lucky day because I know a pizza place that can fix all that, Jimmy’s Pizza. I think that people should go to Jimmy’s Pizza!

First of all, Jimmy’s Pizza has the best pizza. I know that a lot of other people think that other pizza places have the best pizza. But I don’t because I think that Jimmy’s has the best crust. It’s so doughy. And no other pizza place has crusts like that.

In addition, Jimmy’s Pizza has spinny chairs. Those chairs make you feel tall and want to spin. I mean when your waiting for you’re pizza you have something to do; you can spin.

Most importantly, it’s the only one of its kind. There are probably other pizza places called Jimmy’s, but no other pizza places can make food like Jimmy’s.

If you want to have a gooey crust, eat pizza on a spinney chair, and go to a restaurant that is the only one of its kind, go to Jimmy’s Pizza and have an awesome pizza!

Article posted April 21, 2009 at 03:01 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 48

Have you ever had a shirt with 5th graders names on the front? Well, you can. All you have to be is a 5th grader in M.A.S. and go to the 5th grade Square Dance. 5th grade shirts are so cool!

First of all, I think that the shirts are cool because it is a shirt that you can take with you so you can remember M.A.S. There are names on the front of the shirt. We did not have to pay for it. People can sign your backs.

Also, each year the 5th grade shirts are different colors. Last year it was blue, two years ago it was red, three years ago it was dark green, and this year it is light green. You get to take your picture in it. You can wear it with jeans or something else.

The best reason is that you can get people to sign your back with permanent marker. I don’t even get in trouble for people signing my back. People put symbols on the back when they sign it.

When you are in the 5th grade, go to the Square Dance and have fun with your shirt.

Article posted April 21, 2009 at 03:04 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 66

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to play baseball without going home hurt? Well if you have, your wondering will stop if you come to Mamaroneck baseball fields. They’re the best ever!

The first reason why Mamaroneck has the best baseball fields is because when you’re playing baseball and you slide there is perfect dirt so you won’t get any cuts.

The second reason is the grass is the perfect height and the grass is the greenest. Plus it’s soft so when you dive in the outfield there won’t be anything that will poke you.

The final reason is the dugouts are protective and the fence is the right height so the ball can’t hit you. Also, at one baseball field the dugout has like a shield over it, so it’s like a real dugout in Major League Baseball.

So if you want to play a good fun game of baseball without getting cuts in hard grass or hard dirt come to all Mamaroneck baseball fields. They’re perfect.

Article posted April 3, 2009 at 03:14 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 79

Are you tired of bad hot dogs? Well, I just had the best one ever! This hot dog will take you to a world of flavor you won’t ever want to leave. That cool building is calling your name, “Get up and have a hot dog.” You should go to Walters in Mamaroneck, NY.

The first reason Walters is the best is that they make great hot dogs. Sure, anyone can make an average hot dog, but they have a secret ingredient even I don’t know. That ingredient sure makes a good hot dog.

Another reason that Walters is cool is that the building catches your eyes. It is so cool! It looks all Asian but the food is all American. It has dragons and an old tile roof I know you will love.

Finally, Walters is original. It is not a chain, and everyone knows an original is better than a chain. You can try, but not only will you never find a better hot dog, you won’t find another Walters.

Do you want good hot dogs, an original restaurant, and a cool building? Then you should go to Walters. So stop your car, get out your wallet, and buy a Walters hot dog!

Article posted April 3, 2009 at 03:38 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 69

Did you ever have people sign you shirt? Well, if you did not then you are missing the fun. If people sign your shirt, you will not get yelled at by your cranky parents or grandparents. The 5th grade t-shirts are cool!

First of all, every year you get different color shirts. This year, we got light green with dark blue print. Last year, it was blue with white print. If it was the same color every year, it will be so plain. Also, it won’t be as special if it was the same color. If you remember which year each t-shirt was, you will be able to know which friends you want to see and it will be on the shirt you expected.

The second reason is that people can sign your shirt. If people sign your t-shirt, it means they are your friend. You can have an explanation why there are names on your shirt. It makes you feel special. Sometimes people can write “Kick me” on your t-shirt, and it will be funny. You just need to make sure people don’t take that seriously.

The biggest reason is because you can have everybody’s name on your shirt. If you wear your shirt, it feels like your friends are with you even if they are not. You can remember your friends forever. Well, that is if you still have your shirt. You can see how people write their name.

If you want colored t-shirts, people sign your shirt, and have everybody’s name on your shirt, then go get a 5th grade t-shirt.

Article posted April 3, 2009 at 03:07 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 83

Where do you go to eat good food and buy nice clothes?

Well, I go to the town of Mamaroneck! The town of Mamaroneck invites you to come and buy nice cloths and eat great food! It’s fun going into our town.

First of all, I think shopping in the village is fun because

at Toy Box you get to buy candy, and I LOVE CANDY!

Second of all, my town is fun because you get to buy Sal’s Pizza. Sal’s Pizza is delicious because when you put it in your mouth you could feel that nice warm cheese just melting in your mouth. It’s so good!

And most importantly, I like to go to the harbor because you play soccer and go to play in the park. You could play lava tag with your friends.

So if you want to eat good food, buy really nice clothes, and play at the harbor, then come to the town of Mamaroneck!

Article posted April 16, 2009 at 07:07 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 62

Are you bored staying inside doing nothing? Well, you can go outside and play. A great place to play is outside in your neighborhood.

First of all, it’s fun to play in your neighborhood. It is fun because you play with your neighbors. You can play baseball, kickball, tennis, basketball, and play more outside. For instance, you can play soccer. You can go to the field on the school playground. You can walk to pick up your friends because you don’t have to wait for your mom or your dad to drive you to the field.

Another reason, is that other neighborhoods do not play outside. Other neighborhoods do not play outside because maybe moms do not like them to go outside. Also, there are strangers outside. Maybe they do not have a yard.

Most importantly, you can play with your friends. Why? Because you get to know more about each other.

Do you have fun when you play with your neighborhood? Go outside and start playing!

Article posted April 24, 2009 at 03:20 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 61

Does your school think about you? Do they keep you all bored? Well, come to my school and you will know what having fun in school is because my school lets us have fun.

To start, my school thinks about us because they don’t keep us all bored. They don’t keep us inside all day teaching us. Some schools don’t get one hour of recess.

Second of all, they think about our health. For example, we have a five mile race. We ran five miles and then they gave us a prize, and they gave us a shirt that said on the back “get ready, get set, get healthy.” Most schools don’t do that.

They also made shirts for the 5th grade, and they didn’t charge for it. It was like it was a gift. We’ll have a memory of the whole 5th grade forever.

The biggest way they let us have fun is we have a play, all district choir, and the square dance. The all district choir lets you sing if you like to. The square dance will be a memory of when we’re grown up. All of that the school is doing for us, the kids.

My school is great because it doesn’t keep us all bored, they let us have fun, and they think about our health. If your school doesn’t think about you, then go try my school!

Books I’ve read:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
See other books we’ve read HERE

I'm SMART and I have my Internet Driver's License!

smart

Get "AnswerTips" about ANY word on this website by double clicking the word!