Copyright (c) 2014 by S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
S -- Blogmeister

Bloggers 2008-09

Blogs discussing Science ideas, procedures and outcomes will be posted here.

by S

teacher: Michelle Huseman

Title: Missouri Highway Patrol Seatbelt Safety Program (10/08/08)

Blog about your thoughts on seatbelts and the safety program.

Article posted October 2, 2008 at 04:12 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 53

Hey remember me? I'm Ais'Linn. We just had a Highway Patrol Safety Officer talk to us about the safety of seatbelts. He brought two dummies and half of a pickup truck.The officer strapped them in..........when he spun the truck the truck went flying but the two dummies did not!! It was amazing!!!!

Then when the officer unstrapped the belts the two dummies flew right out the windows. The adult dummy got smashed by the hood of the truck to be more specific,the baby dummy fell out of the car the first time it spun around!!

There's a 45 to 50% chance you could pass away in a car wreck!!! So buckle up!!!! BYE=http://!!!!

I put on seatbelts everytime I get in the car. You put your seat belt on because you don't want to get hurt. It is very important to put on your seatbelt. My family puts there seatbelts on. Somtimes they forget but I remind them!

Article posted October 2, 2008 at 04:13 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 33

I think seatbelts are very important. Some people wouldn't be here without them. I learned that if people would just wear them they would have a 50% to 45% chance of surviving a car crash. If you don't then you might die.

I always wear a seatbelt.Im a skater you always have a helmet when you skate. Think of a helmet as a seatbelt. No helmet, no safety, no seatbelt no safety.

I think you should always wear a seatbelt because you might get in a wreck. He asked us how many of you all think that they are not going to fall out of the truck with seatbelts on. Then he asked us how many of you all think they are going to fall out of the truck without there seatbelts on. Then he asked us how many of you all think that they are going to fall out of the truck without their seat belts on.

I wear a seatbelt so like if you get in a wreck the seatbelt will save your life. When you wear your seatbelt and you are in a wreck you will not get damaged a lot just a little bit. I wear a seatbelt when I get in a car. My mom and everyone else wears a seatbelt and we always remember that because my big brother said to un in the car that, "Seatbelts it's the law." So that helps us remember to put on a seatbelt.

If you do't wear your seatbelt and you get in a wreck then you will be hurt a lot and are not going to like it, so you should wear a seatbelt.

You always have to wear a seatbelt because if you get in an accident you will get hurt. If you do have a seatbelt on you won't fly out of a truck. If you don't have your seatbelt on then you will fly out of a truck.

He told us to wear our seatbelts every where you go. He said seatbelts are very important. I am very good at putting on my seatbelt.I also tell every one if they're not wearing a seat belt they need to put it on. I tell my mom to put on her seat belt all the time. My grandma and I always put on our seat belts.

Article posted October 8, 2008 at 04:11 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 36

Hi my name is ETHAN. I know a little bit about seatbelts. I will tell you about it. If you do not wear it you will get hurt. If you wear your seatbelt you will not get hurt.

Article posted October 9, 2008 at 08:25 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 36

Hi, my name is Will. I learne that if you don't wear a seatbelt and you get in a car crash you will get tossed around and most likely get tossed out the window. Most people did, by not wearing a seatbelt.

I wear my seatbelt most of the time but not all the time. If you're wearing a seatbelt you will only get a couple brusies. I have seen a car crash before. My mom's grandpa has been in a car accident when we where in a car next to him. The truck that was driving in front of him lost control and stuff fell off of his trailer and hit my great grandpas car and the car my great grandpa was driving flipped and he flew out and snapped his neck.

Article posted October 6, 2008 at 03:48 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 32

One reason why you should wear a seatbelt is so if you stop you don't go through the windsheild. It only takes three seconds to put on a seatbelt. I do not usually put on a seatbelt but I will from now on. You should always wear a seatbelt because you never know when you are going to have a wreck.

He told us when you go in a car you need to put your seatbelt on. Look around the car if you see someone not seatbelted tell them to put on a seatbelt. But if you don't you might get in a car accident and you might flip over and get hurt real bad and go to the hospital.