Copyright (c) 2014 by liam m Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
liam m -- Blogmeister

Liam's Blog

81

A cozy little stop where, technology in language arts, history and geography, meld together for Room 301 students at Deer Park.

by liam m

teacher: Mr. D

At school this week, I was meant to write a blog in which I critiqued something that I had seen or done recently. The thing I chose to do was a book, To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee. Even though I am not done it, I am fascinated with it and the way the author writes. Not just because the last 100 pages of the book is where the bulk of the important things happen , or how the main theme of the book is incorporated throughout by using the lives and events that take place in the lives of three children as a metaphor for such. No, the main reason, why I liked this book was because of how articulate the author was and how different, and even revolutionary her writing was for the time. This is because the book was written in the 1960’s in Alabama, where racism was still very prominent. For those of you who have not read the book, that is really what the story is about, or that at least is one of the big issues talked about. Also for those of you who haven’t read the book, I suggest you do for it is a deep, enlightening, elegantly-written book that will change your outlook on things, if not a lot then for certain a little.

Article posted February 8, 2009 at 08:38 PM • comment • Reads 47 • see all articles