Copyright (c) 2014 by matt m Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
matt m -- Blogmeister

Matt's Super Blog

81

A cozy little stop where, technology in language arts, history and geography, meld together for Room 301 students at Deer Park.

by matt m

teacher: Mr. D

Symbolism is used by showing an image or word that brings something into mind. Like if you saw a pink ribbon you would think of breast cancer or if you saw a skull you would think of death.

Some of the examples of symbolism are the red ribbon which represents HIV/AIDS. This represents because AIDS is a well known disease because it kills almost whoever gets it in Africa. Also there is the cross which can represents two things. First, it can represent religion and that is why peoples coffins may be engraved with a cross and religion is important in poor countries because they have something to belive that will take care of them. Second, it can mean death with comes with the base of religion because if your good for your life and when you die you will go to a better place and that means death also.

A third example is the word aids means death and people are afraid to say it or people will spread rumours. Fourth, the bones that the spiritual represented something to the lady and she told Lilian what it meant.

Article posted March 29, 2009 at 08:46 PM • comment • Reads 54 • see all articles

Free CursorsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Comments