Copyright (c) 2014 by nicole t Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
nicole t -- Blogmeister

82

A cozy little stop where, technology in language arts, history and geography, meld together for Room 301 students at Deer Park.

by nicole t

teacher: Mr. D

Throughout Chanda's Secret, there are many symbols. To me, symbolism means something that represents another thing without directly saying so.  I am going to give some examples of symbolism in the book Chanda's Secret.  one example is when Chanda asks Esther how she knows that every man cheats on his wife at one point or another in their life.  Esther just winks and says she knows.  This is because Esther knows that they cheat on their wives because she cheats with them.  Another example of symbolism in the book is when the stork comes.  This is symbolism because the stork represents good luck.  I think that the author chose to add this part because where Chanda lives, many people believe in spirit doctors and other good and bad luck symbols.  Having the stork in the book turned an ordinary animal into something more important.  Another example of symbolism in the book is with Sara's death. The author never directly comes out and says that she died of AIDS, but with many clues in the book, one can draw the conclusion that AIDS killed her.  There are many other symbols in the book that represent things that help you get a better understanding of the book.  Overall, symbolism in Chanda's Secret is very helpful.

Article posted March 30, 2009 at 03:26 PM • comment • Reads 183 • see all articles

My name is Nicole. I am 13 years old and I go to Deer Park School. I really like playing sports and being with my friends.