Copyright (c) 2014 by claire r Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
claire r -- Blogmeister

Claire's Blog

82

A cozy little stop where, technology in language arts, history and geography, meld together for Room 301 students at Deer Park.

by claire r

teacher: Mr. D

DP Volleyball (Piece of News Blog)

On Thursday the DP Volleyball team had their first game that wasn’t part of a tournament. It was against Lord Dufferin. We started the game off strong and had lots of “bump, set, spikes”. We played ten times better than we did in our tournament, I think the difference was we were more confident, moved more and worked better as a team. We won the first game by 10 points, lost the second game by 5 points and won the last game by 8 points to take the whole game. It was nice to finally win a game after losing four games in a row at the tournament.  In the tournament we had a really strict referee that called everything. Mr. Mann was a bit more lenient but we still have to work on our “strong fingers” because there will be refs that will call everything. Overall I think we played a good game and played well as a team.

Article posted January 23, 2009 at 09:58 PM • comment • Reads 44 • see all articles

Hi, my name is Claire. I am a grade 8 student at Deer Park P.S. My favourite sports are running, both x-country and track, volleyball, football, basketball and ultimate frisbee. I also like to read and play guitar and piano. I hope you enjoy reading my blog!