Copyright (c) 2014 by claire r Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
claire r -- Blogmeister

Claire's Blog

82

A cozy little stop where, technology in language arts, history and geography, meld together for Room 301 students at Deer Park.

by claire r

teacher: Mr. D

This week we went to both North Toronto and Northern to look at them. It was defiantly a lot to take in. I feel like only a few months ago we were deciding where to go for middle school, and then it seemed like a major decision. High school is the biggest decision I’m going to have to make in my life so far. I thought North Toronto was very run down which isn’t a problem because there is going to be a brand new school in supposedly a year. It seemed like their focus is more academic, which matches its reputation. I really liked the spirit that all the students had. Northern was absolutely massive, which is good and bad. There is a lot of course variety and different sports. But the school population is so big. I think Northern is more sports focused than academic focused. I think I liked NT better because ultimately you want to have your first priority be academics and then second be sports. Northern advertised having over 50 sports which included sports like ping pong. I don’t really think that I would be interested in those types of sports. NT doesn’t have over 50 sports but it does have all the worthwhile ones. So overall I think I liked NT better.

Article posted January 17, 2009 at 09:19 PM • comment • Reads 54 • see all articles

Hi, my name is Claire. I am a grade 8 student at Deer Park P.S. My favourite sports are running, both x-country and track, volleyball, football, basketball and ultimate frisbee. I also like to read and play guitar and piano. I hope you enjoy reading my blog!