Copyright (c) 2014 by sangeun p Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
sangeun p -- Blogmeister

Sangeun's Blog

82

A cozy little stop where, technology in language arts, history and geography, meld together for Room 301 students at Deer Park.

by sangeun p

teacher: Mr. D

1. Toronto: Toronto Reference Library

Book Name: Twilight

Author: Stephanie Meyers

Many young Torontonians enjoy the Twilight series as it leads them to a world with vampires. It talks about a normal teenage girl who's life is changed by a handsome vampire. The book is mysterious, yet filling. Stephanie Meyers (the author of the book) does a wonderful job in keeping the readers focused on the book.

2. New York: Seward Public Library

Book Name: It's Complicated: The American Teenager 

Author: Bowman, Robin

One of New York's best seller book is It's Complicated: The American Teenager. Robin Bowman's five-year journey into the heart of teenage America created a series of 414 "collaborative portraits," wherein she shares her discoveries of a generation now coming of age.

3. Vancouver: Britannia Branch

Book Name: Artemis Fowl

Author: Colfer, Eoin

The Artemis Fowl series are very popular in Vancouver. When a twelve-year-old evil genius tries to restore his family fortune by capturing a fairy and demanding a ransom in gold, the fairies fight back with magic, technology, and a particularly nasty troll.

4. Sydney: Glebe Library

Book Name: A Brief History of Montmaray

Author: Cooper, Michelle

Sophie FitzOsborne lives in a crumbling castle on the tiny island kingdom of Montmaray, along with her tomboy younger sister Henry, her beautiful, intellectual cousin Veronica, and Veronica's father, the completely mad King John. When Sophie receives a leather journal for her sixteenth birthday, she decides to write about her day-to-day life on the island. But it is 1936 and bigger events are on the horizon. Is everything Sophie knows and loves about to change?

5. London: Byron Public Library

Book Name: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Author: J. K. Rowling

Harry Potter learns on his 11th birthday that he is the orphaned son of two powerful wizards and possesses magical powers of his own. At Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Harry embarks on the adventure of a lifetime. He learns the high-flying sport of Quidditch and plays a thrilling game with living chess pieces on his way to face a Dark Wizard bent on destroying him.

6. Europe: Lester Public Library of Rome

Book Name: A Reliable Wife

Author: Heather Graham

This book simmers with dark, passionate undertones; a masterfully crafted tale of desire and betrayal

7. Asia: Gangnam-gu Library of Seoul

Book Name: Lord of The Rings - The Trilogy

Author: J.R.R. Tolkien

An ancient Ring thought lost for centuries has been found, and through a strange twist in fate has been given to a small Hobbit named Frodo. When Gandalf discovers the Ring is in fact the One Ring of the Dark Lord Sauron, Frodo must make an epic quest to the Cracks of Doom in order to destroy it! However he does not go alone. He is joined by Gandalf, Legolas the elf, Gimli the Dwarf, Aragorn, Boromir and his three Hobbit friends Merry, Pippin and Samwise. Through mountains, snow, darkness, forests, rivers and plains, facing evil and danger at every corner the Fellowship of the Ring must go. Their quest to destroy the One Ring is the only hope for the end of the Dark Lords reign!

8. South America: Mexico Public Library

Book Name: Diary of a Teenage Girl Chloe #3

Author: Melody Carlson

After signing a contract with a major recording company, Chloe, Allie, and Laura set off on tour as the opening act for only the most popular Christian band in the country, Iron Cross.  Allie’s mom and little brother add yet more craziness to life on the road.

Article posted June 3, 2009 at 03:54 PM • comment • Reads 338 • see all articles

I am Sangeun, and I enjoy doing a whole bunch of stuff. I do some sports outside of school, which are swimming, snowboarding, and skiing. I enjoy all three, and I hope to continue doing it. Aside from that, I love reading. I mostly read fiction books(I find them more interesting), and that is pretty much about it. Have fun looking at my blog!