Copyright (c) 2014 by michael g Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
michael g -- Blogmeister

A cozy little stop where, technology in language arts, history and geography, meld together for Room 301 students at Deer Park.

by michael g teacher: Mr. D

Hello, my name is Dan Mitchell and I am from the Health and Research center of Canada. Today I am here to talk to you about the use of dental floss and how it can be an enormous contributor to the hygiene of our teeth and body. We all know flossing your teeth is crucial for good hygiene and the well being of our teeth. We are constantly being bombarded by either our personal dentists or advertisements which are promoting a certain brand of dental floss or just the use of dental floss, and yet with all these messages being thrown at us, we stand there oblivious, ignoring these messages that in turn are in our favour.

Brushing your teeth twice a day is a great habit to fall into but it only eliminates germs and bacteria to a certain extent. There are some areas in your mouth that you cannot effectively clean with just a tooth brush. One of these areas is the space between your teeth. Here germs tend to reside and accumulate and after a certain point your teeth may start to suffer with a cavity or another painful problem. The easiest way to solve this problem and to deal with these germs and bacteria is to simply floss your teeth every time you brush. Flossing is a little thing that goes a long way.

Flossing is not just good for eliminating bacteria and germs but is also can help improve the smell of your breath. Most of the time, people who brush their teeth regularly but still have bad breath either don’t floss or don’t floss enough. Tartar is a major cause of bad breath and cavities and can be easily disposed of by simply flossing once or twice a day regularly.

Flossing can also help strengthen your gums. Flossing helps prevent gingivitis, which can cause an inflammation in the gum that causes bleeding and swelling. New research has found that bacteria in the mouth can contribute to heart disease which can later on kill you. This new research also shows that regularly flossing can prevent heart disease and add up to one year to your life. If you avoid flossing you may be stuck with some of these problems. Once you go to a doctor for surgery or get a filling for a cavity you are starting to look at some pretty expensive medical bills.

If people want to prevent heart disease, increase their life duration, prevent cavities and have better breath they need to start flossing today. Flossing is not something that takes up lots of time, it is quick, easy and in the end saves you a lot of trouble and money in the future.

Article posted November 2, 2008 at 05:58 PM • comment (1) • Reads 46 • see all articles