Copyright (c) 2014 by nickita c Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
nickita c -- Blogmeister

81

A cozy little stop where, technology in language arts, history and geography, meld together for Room 301 students at Deer Park.

by nickita c

teacher: Mr. D

Title: 81-82 9/11 Facts or Fiction? (09/17/08)
Description: Today marks the seventh anniversary of 9/11. Thousands of people lost their lives and millions of people have been affected worldwide. As the world mourns during this anniversary, questions still exist regarding the series of events that took place on this fateful day in 2001.

As educated individuals, we must be prepared to examine all the facts that are provided by opposing sides. In this case we have the American government providing the final report of the '911 Commission' and Dylan Avery's documentary "Loose Change". The government sides with the Commission report, stating that 9/11 was masterminded by Osama Bin Laden while the documentarians explain that there are too many holes in the commission's report, and go so far as to say that there is a conspiracy initiated by the United States government.

Below you will find the video "Loose Change" take a look at it, take some notes and be prepared to watch another video purporting that everything in "Loose Change" can be explained.

Remember there's always another side to any story.

Article posted September 22, 2008 at 10:19 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 368

I personally believe the conspiracy, for what happened to the World Trade Centers, on September 11, 2001. That day was a day in history that people will never forget. It ruined many people’s lives, and changed the way people thought about the Americans, and about the Middle East.

There are many reasons why people could believe that the United States Government was behind 9/11. First of all, there were 82 cameras that were in the right position to have caught the American Airlines plane crash into the pentagon, and NONE of them had footage of a plane crashing into a Pentagon, isn’t that kind of strange? Also at the part where the plane crashed in the pentagon, it was supposed to be prepared incase something like that were to happen, plus there were no major or important people at that spot, just small business men, is it a coincidence, I think not. Plus none of the alarms in that whole area went off, when they should of, and when they go off, when the slightest of things happen.

Also when they zoomed in on the plane crashing into the South tower, it was an American Army plane, with the U.S flag. If the plane wanted to do more damage to the Pentagon, they would have gone straight in to the middle, doing a nose dive.

The weirdest thing is that the parts of the plane that crashed into the field in Pennsylvania were not identified as flight 77, the plane that supposedly crashed in the field. Many other fires happened around the world trade centers, and burned for more then 17 hours, and the world trade centers burned for 103 minutes, and then collapsed.

The people that were interviewed seemed to happy, and not caring about what happened, it seemed like they were acting, and just doing what they were told to do. When the Vice President knew that a plane was heading towards the Pentagon, she didn’t alert anybody, and tell them to prepare and take out their weapons and defend them, anybody who cared about the Americans would take action, and do what they have to.

Overall there are many things that lead people to believe, that that U.S government was behind it, and I have sated a few of them based on facts that I have heard and seen, so basically you should never believe things that people tell you, you always need to have your own opinion, in life.

Article posted September 22, 2008 at 01:52 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 72

9/11. Those two numbers are enough to send shivers down the spine of just about anyone. But what exactly happened on that fateful day that shaped the world as we know it? The conspiracy theorists that made the internet movie ‘Loose Change’ believe that something huge is being covered up, and that the US government was somehow involved in the attacks, whereas most other people agree that it was simply a terrorist attack by Muslim fundamentalists. In this essay, I will tell you my views on various things brought up by ‘Loose Change’.

It would be good to first explain my views on the conspiracy theories about 9/11. I believe that the US government did have prior knowledge of the attacks (albeit unreliable knowledge) and could have prevented them. However, I do not believe that the US government had any involvement in the attacks. In my opinion, a threat was sent to them, telling them that airplanes were going to be crashed into the WTC and they ignored it. They are simply feeling too guilty and embarrassed to admit it.

Let’s start off with the fact that all fighter jets were sent to Alaska, leaving NYC and Washington D.C. unprotected, on September 11th, the day of the attacks. The conspiracy theorists suggest that they were sent there so that the US government had an excuse not to intercept the planes. Here’s my question: would it have been hard for the terrorists to find out about the war games and when they would be conducted? The answer: Not hard at all. These terrorists were not stupid; otherwise they would have been caught before they boarded the plane.

In ‘Loose Change’, it claims that before the terrorists crashed into the Pentagon, their pilot, who was apparently terrible at flying, performed a near impossible manoeuvre, a 330° turn. My response: is there a possibility that the terrorists pointed a gun at the pilot’s head and forced him to perform the manoeuvre? I’ll say it again: those people were not stupid. It seems as if the people who made this movie took this tiny little thing blew it completely out of proportion.

In the end, the claims made in ‘Loose Change’ are just that: loose change, unimportant things that don’t mean anything and can’t be used for anything important. If you find a small scattering of pennies on the ground, you don’t start creating wild ideas about where they came from; you realise that a unfortunate thing happened (a hole in someone’s pocket), and that those pennies are simply the remnants of that incident. Wow, that was a long-winded metaphor. You can choose to agree with me (about 9/11, not the metaphor), or you can be ignorant. It’s your choice.

Toby K

Hey I will only have 1 year to blog or more so I'm going to write about animal stuff and video-games. My favourite are Mario, Sonic and Pokemon.