-

by teacher: Professor McGonagall
the 05/20/09
fav sculpture 05/08/09
spring break 04/15/09
choices story 01/23/09
word story 01/15/09
word study 8 12/11/08
dialogue 12/10/08
Thanksgiving 12/10/08
word study 7 12/03/08
word study 6 11/20/08
math 11/17/08
word study 5 11/07/08
word study 11/06/08
word study 4 11/06/08
word study 3 11/06/08
WORD STUDY2 11/05/08
word study 11/05/08
biking2 11/04/08
Favorite thing to do 10/30/08
biking 10/30/08
GUESS MY NUMBER 10/30/08
guess my number 10/30/08
a better classroom 10/29/08
My Weekend 10/27/08
field trip 10/23/08
DAVID 2 10/14/08
guess my number 10/09/08
about my book (david) 10/08/08
guess my animal 10/07/08
guess my animal 10/07/08
THREE THING IN COMMON 09/23/08
one cool thing 09/16/08
about my book 09/16/08
my book 09/11/08
7 facts 09/11/08
My nickname 09/03/08

Article posted October 30, 2008 at 12:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 566

On Tuesday, we talked about how we could make our classroom a better place to learn and a better place to be.  So, the first thing we did was brainstorm all the problems that we have in our classroom. Some of the problems were talking when the teachers talking, moving to different tables to work with friends, taking other peoples chairs, stealing and breaking pencils.  Then, we gave the presentation a score.  A five ment that they agreed with the consequences and they loved what they did, a four ment that they cold live with it, a three ment that the idea was OK but there were a few changes to make, a 2 was that they didn’t like the idea and that there was a lot of work to do, a one meant that the idea was horrible, they could live with it for a day. Luckily, nobody go a one, the only scores we got was a 5 a 4 and a 3. Some of the consequences were going to the principal’s office, missing recess, replacing stuff that you took or broke. We agrees to all the ideas with some changes but now, I think that are classroom is a better place for us to learn and be.

By,

Swindle

Our classroom is a better comunity because, of the IDEAS we come up with on the white boards like when we write problems,suggestions, and solutions to help problems in the class, at recess, in the hall, and so on. I think it helped a little bit but we could still make some changes because some people don't listen when they are sopost to, and they argue, and when people do that it's hard to think or listen and then when we get a sheat of paper or an assinment we have too ask how to do it all over again and then that an make people think that you where not paing attention when it was your nabore.So what we've been doing to make it a better comunity is working pretty well but we still have some work to do.I think our class is a great comunity because we can work together and help eachother like my knee is messed up so i have cruches and lot's of people have been helping me.

Article posted October 30, 2008 at 04:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 91

hi world lyra here.  you want to know about the classroom changes?  if you do then keep reading!

the first thing we are doing and changing is how we walk in the hallways.  what we are doing is we are taiking in line when we should not be. and to change that the consiqences are first a worning the second is recess the third is you get seporated the fouth is you get assined spots.  ways we are trying to fix this is we are walking in to lines and the consiqences.

the other thing we are changing is what we do on the bus.  the things we are doing is we are sitting in places were there is room on the bus and we are goning to write a note to the bus driver telling if some one did somthing bad.bye=http://!!

Article posted October 30, 2008 at 04:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 99

Our class is a better community then before because:

First of all, we don't have to worry about broken or missing pencils anymore! People would throw them away when dull or were on the ground. Or brake them in half, and take off erasers. We all got a new pencil with a piece of tape on it saying our name. I hope, and think it will work!

People switching tables was another issue. People would just go and sit at anothers table just to be with their friends. The solution to that would be they have their own desk up front. Or must always sit in your own seat.

Also, there wasn't enough room to walk around in our classroom. We solved that by slightly moving the tables aside. Also, having to put your backpack in the closet. Or under your table. Oh yeah, and always keeping your chairs pushed in. I used to put my backpack behind my chair. (I still do though.)

I hope our class will be a better community.

-Bex

Article posted October 30, 2008 at 05:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 124

These were some of the subjects our class agreed to do differently.

One of the subjects is destruction of propriety. The reasons why you should not destroy propriety are it is rude, also, the item could be valuable, and you yourself, might have to pay for it or replace it. Another reason is it is disrespectful towards the person, you, and everyone involved.

A 2nd subject we’ve decided to improve on is our behavior on the bus. You should not “bus surf”, which is standing while the bus is in motion. You should not eat or drink food or drinks on the bus. You shouldn’t use your “outdoor” voice inside the bus; it is distracting to the driver and annoying to other passengers. Consequences to these actions are getting write-ups, and also, being unable to ride the bus to school for up to a full year! This could make you parents quite angry considering THEY would have to drive you to school every morning until you’re able to ride the bus again.

The 3rd subject we discussed to show improvement in is P.E. One issue we have is not paying attention or respecting and honoring our P.E theacher. He works very hard to teach us and we should show him respect. Leaving people out is another large problem. When people are left out, not everyone is having fun, making it harder to enjoy the class fully, plus, its nice to include EVERYONE. An additional difficulty in P.E. would be not everyone in the class is participating or giving 100% effort.

Our final problem was behavior in the hallways. Talking was a major problem in the halls. Another was clumping people together and not staying in thin, narrow lines so other people could walk past us. Our last problem was people were coming to class late and stray from the group, causing a hold up in activities.

Hopefully, we can solve these problems effectively

Article posted November 5, 2008 at 07:40 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 86

i think that to make a better community you should have a plan so that you can plan it out on white boards and give a speech so that you can have a plan and apply to those rules that were on the white board and if you follow those rules there might be no running in the halls and no littering in the bathroom so that it dosen't feel like you are at a dump so maybe you could have jobs like put up posters saying clean up after yourself and you could start a club about helping the community.

That was my story about helping our communty be a better place.

Article posted October 30, 2008 at 02:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 82

Our Classroom is a Better Community

Because…

Our classroom is becoming a better place because we are going over the things that could be better in our classroom. My group has worked on the lunch room today and the other day we all [all of our class] thought of things that we could do better in class, like how everyone should do their part to help clean up, don’t leave early, etc.

Today we worked on the subject of the lunch room problem. I don’t know if your lunchroom is as crazy as ours, but people have thrown food, haven’t said too many nice things to the teachers/lunchroom helpers and even some bad language has been heard. One of the worst places in the school would have to be the buses.

Many stories have been told about behavior on the bus. Most of them are pretty bad. We really need to work on the bus problem. Kids shout, yell bad words and do some pretty bad things on the bus, including tripping people who walk by and offending other people.

So maybe one day we can fix all the things and make the whole school a better community

Article posted October 30, 2008 at 04:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 110

Our class in a better community

Our class is a better community because; we will do things that we agreed to do on 7 different things. The 7 different things were, the hallways, the bathrooms, PE, Homework, Bus, Lunchroom and recess. I will tell you about most of them today. The first one is the hallway.

The hallways are a place were we go to get from places to places. Our agreements were to not say anything when we are in the hallways. There is no reason to because we are only in them for a short period of time that we can talk when we get to the place we are going next. For explain, say we were going to PE. All we have to do is walk a few yards out of our classroom and when we get to the room we can talk if you want. (But in this case I don’t think you should cause we would not get a 5). The discipline is 1. Stay in for recess 2. Go to the back of the line. And more

Now, the next thing is the bathroom. The bathroom has been getting disrespected. So we decided that our rules were to Flush, Don’t litter and No Vandalism. We were willing to put up signs in the bathrooms to help make more people do these things. The discipline is 1. Stay in at recess and clean the bathrooms. 2. Go to the principle. 3. Call home.

The next one is recess. At recess there are things that you can do and things you can’t do. So the rules are simple. Follow the school rules. No kicking, No bad words. No climbing up the slide, none of that. The discipline that we will show to the duties is sat on the wall for the rest of recess. And if it is worst to the principle you go.

Those are some of the things that are going to make our class a better community.

The end

By, Annabel green     

We can make a better community by picking up, not littering, being nice and that stuff!

1 picking up litter will help our grandoughter or grandson se a polar bear

2 if u do 3 nice things to some 1 theyll probably pass it on.

Article posted October 30, 2008 at 03:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 75

The other day we made things that would hekp make our class room a better place to learn. My group, Hedwig, Shadowlord, Luke, and me were one group.. We did goofing off. Hedwig drew pictures for each one.

I forgot some of the soultions. But i remeber  the conquences. 

1. warning

2. time out from group

3.seprate desk

4. Call home

5. go home             Today we did ones outside of class. This time we did The bus. issues: swaring, graffit, vinager bag throwing, gum on paper, ect! EWE!!!!!!!!!!!!

., Squirtle

Article posted October 30, 2008 at 12:38 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 109

Our community is a better place now because of some of the new rules we have added here are some of them.

1. The step system (Look at bottom of blog to see them)

2. We now have 2 lines (boys and girls)

3. Now if you leave before 3:30, you'll have to either stay in during recess and do cursive and math, or stay in and help clean the room during recess

4. If you move the chairs around and mix different colors with different colors, you'll have to stay in during recess and organize the chairs until they're perfect

So, as you can plainly see, our classroom is now aknowlaging the rules. We used to be real loud, but now we are quiet (sometimes) and we respect each other, thanx rules!

-Hedwig

Step 1= Warning

Step 2= Time alone

Step 3= Seperate desk

Step 4= Call home

Step 5= Go home!

Hey world i am here to talk about how to make our class better. My subject was P.E are problems were talking when the teacher was talking. Leaving people out, messing around, and not participating in the games. are consequences are... warning,miss recess, 30 lashes, (just kidding) and call home. I hope are class can work this out so comment on are blog.

-Torres9

we changed some rules in our class. first of all their is no more missing pecils because we wrote our name on them. also nombody needs to argue about missing chairs. every table has a number  for exable table six. if you sit at table six than the chairs all have six written on them. alsoare room has alote more room. our class moved tables around to make more room and it worked.

My, I mean Our classroom was getting out of hand, SERIOUSLY! My class was Really and truly out of control!

Here are some things we improved on.

Hurting: People were hitting, kicking and other (physical) abuse!, Now we respect one another and don't physicly harm others.

Fighting: People were fighting over supplies, Now we learned that its really the teachers class not ours, so we respect and share it.

Walking in the Hallway: Everyone was talking and screaming, Now My class is er, not perfectly quiet but were past the screaming.

Recess: There were people swaring and doing physical harm outside, We MOSTLY respect one another now.

P.E: My class would really disrespect my Gym Teacher, Now we are respecting him and being quiet because he's a person too!!!!

Homework: A lot of kids did'nt do their Homework, We're still trying to get everyone to do their homework, because its a team effort!

SEE how disrespectful our class use to be?, Now we are trying our best to keep it a nice, respectful and  kind community!          Thank goodness we transformed from little 's to little angelz!!

Article posted November 4, 2008 at 06:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 109

My classroom is a better communety because we get stuff done. Anything that needs to be done. Also were a better communety because we are coroperative in any way. So if we need to work together and be corperative.

Article posted October 30, 2008 at 12:44 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 106

On Tuesday my teacher ProfmcG told my class that we had to figer out ways to make a better classroom. My group had to figer out ways so people dont fight over who gets to use what. Here are some of our ideas. The first one was to take turns. Our next one was to play rock,paper,scissors and who ever wins gets to use the thing we are useing. Then we had if 2 people our fighting over it the people who arent  fighting over it get to use it. The reson we chose to do this one is beause 2 people are fighting over the stuf and me and Timbletack are tierd of listing to the 2 people fighting but they are still fighting even after this. I dont know why these people keep fighting I mean it is not a big deal. After we were done we had to show our ideas to the class. Our score was a 5 wih was the highest but it did not work beause the same 2 people keep fighting. That was what hapend yesterday. Plese oment on my blog.

Our classroom is a better community because we help each other, respect, care, and work as a family. We also make a pretty good team so we can help other people too. Some people we help are our classroom buddies. Soemtimes we help our environment and our community too. we listen to instructions at a 4 out of 5 and we listen well too in certain situations. One reason is that we have grat tacher and principal and other teachers too. We have only 286 days left in the year to do everything so we should be nice while we have each other.

By Luke

(spelling and typing by Prof. McG)

Article posted October 30, 2008 at 05:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 104

Our class has a better community because we made rules that we can all fallow, inside our classroom and out of our classroom. Like staying in your seat instead of going to anther table group. Another rule is not to leave before 3:30 or else you have to clean the classroom by yourself. And anther rule is if you talk in line you have to stay in for 5 minutes after recess starts. If you don’t obey the rules you get a warning and if you don’t listen to the rules again you sit out for 5 minutes and if happens again you have to sit by yourself for about two months. If it happens again you miss recess and you have to call home which is very bad and the last thing you can do that’s bad is getting suspended. Which I think nobody is going to do.

Article posted October 30, 2008 at 02:24 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 119

This blog is about making our class a better place. Our table wrote about lunchroom behavior. We wrote that people talk too loud. People also steal food and swear all of the time. We also wrote consequences like: you have to clean the tables, and sit by yourself, or skip recess. Another table wrote about the bus. They said that people write on the seats, swear a lot, and throw stuff like paper. Also, there are punishments too! An example is getting suspended from the bus. Also, a table wrote about trouble in the hallways. They suggested that we should be silent and form two lines. So we tried it, and we were all across the hall. So I did not like that idea of forming two lines. Another table wrote about recess. And they wrote that there was too much violence, and also there the language was bad. And I agree with that table. So, as you can see our classroom is beginning to become a much, much, much better place with everyone's suggestion.

http://www.onemorelevel.com/games3/freerider2.swf