Copyright (c) 2014 by Mr. Howard Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mr. Howard -- Blogmeister

by Mr. Howard

No Links added yet!

I had fun in 7th grade. At first, I was nervous because I didn’t know many people on my team, and now I have friends in each class. Also, I feel like I learned a ton, especially in math. Solving equations gets easier and easier each day! In 8th grade, I would like to work on not getting so distracted when I come home to do my homework. This way I could get my homework done sooner. My advice to 7th graders would be to never procrastinate when it comes to your school work.

I don't want to exagerate, but seventh grade was the worst year of my life. I think I did good on a lot of my grades. I got very good grades throughout the year. I am quite proud of myself. I didn't do a very good job at choosing friends throughout the year. I learned that you have to be careful who you're friends with. I would've been nicer if I could redo seventh grade. I learned the hard way that not all people can be trusted. I will be more careful next year about who I trust.

Article posted May 22, 2012 at 05:02 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 90

I thought seventh grade was a lot of fun. I did really well on the World History Fair project although; it made me concentrate on just the World History Fair not thinking of anything else. I made lots of memories playing with my friends, the field trips, and the activities we did. I felt that I relax more this year not focusing on my academics as much. I should try getting straight A's next year. If you ask my advice, try to listen carefully and be open minded so you don't focus only on one huge project. Also, always listen when projects are due and how important it is. For example: the project may be so important that if you don't turn it in, it's a zero pulling your grade down.

I loved this year, it was the best overall year for me! My favorite part of 7th grade was the sports and academic teachers. I liked blogging this year but I wish we wrote about prompts not on what we did that week. This year I grew academically because my teachers pushed me and socially I found my group of friends. What I did the hard way was to socialize then try to cram in homework, NOT A GOOD IDEA! Advice for future 7th graders is to turn in your homework on time and study for tests and I'll guarantee that you'll at least get a "B". Also, try as many sports as you can and see which ones you like.

Article posted May 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 62

This year was good. 7th grade went by fast and smoothly. I think I was most successful in science. I maintained an A in science every quarter so far. I think that the thing I struggled with the most was blogging. I learned a lot this year but probably the most important thing I learned was the shortcuts for high light all, copy, paste, and print. I would prefer to be back at the school in Menwith Hill just because it is a smaller school. In 8th grade I would like to dissect a sheep brain and to future 7th graders my advice to you is to do your blogs.

7th grade was really fun, I have so many memories. One of my Favorite memories is International Towne, I was a Finance Minister in Ghana,and I loved haning out with freinds, wandering around the "world" and buying things. 7th grade was pretty fun, but, I think we got a bit too much homework this year. Even so, 7th grade has been pretty fun. One of my successes in 7th grade was getting honor roll 1st semester. One failure (I guess that's a little harsh) was probrobly going, mny times, too the wrong period class, like science, my G1 class on purple days, lunch early (that was really embarrasing), ect. Academically I learned more skills in most of my classes and got alot better at spanish. Personally I learned ways to stay more focused, (I have been struggling with a VERY short attention span.). I would change, most likely, is having more feild trips. I don't hav a reat memory, but, I think we only had International Towne, (I may be wrong). in 8th rade i want school to start later, I hear Eagleveiw is starting later next year, I want to sleep in too :D. Something I learned the hard way is too keep your planner up to date, i've forgoten somehomework and stayed for HCC a couple times.My advice for  nwxt year's 7th graders is to keep on top of your homework. Anyways guys, have a great summer break guys!

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 04:19 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 146

7th grade went by fast surprisingly. It was also more challenging and more homework than 6th grade. I past all my classes! That’s really successful. Probably not turning in my homework on time wasn’t really successful. I learned that frogs are gross, math gets harder and harder, there is lots of interesting thing that happened in the past, there is lots of different prepersisons, reading is actually fun, and how to do stem changers. I would change in doing my homework on time and pay more attention in class. Sometimes I would just zone out, then the teacher tells you to do something, but you don’t know what to do, then they get mad at you for not listening. Like I said before I would change in 8th grade on turning in my homework, also studying for test. For the 7th graders next year, always I mean always have a pencil and paper, most of the time not one will have any extras. But besides that have fun!

7th grade, what a year.  7th grade started out pretty bad.  I didn't have any kind of interest in any of my classes.  As a matter of fact, I hated school.  As the year went on 7th grade got better, I decided that I better get with it or my mom was going to have my rear end.  I decided to work harder and with that hard work I saw my grades improve and I think my teachers appreciated it more.  It wasn't like I wasn't paying attention, I just didn't want to be there.  As I buckled down and work harder on my grades, I got a lot more privileges at home.  I liked that.  However, as I brought up one grade it seemed like another fell.  It seems like maybe if I am trying harder in one class and concentrating on what is going on in that class another class gets forgotten about and the grade slips.  I guess next year in the 8th grade that will be something I need to work on.  I learned how to be a little more open with everyone and not be so bottled up.  I just don't have a lot to say, people say I am my fathers son because he is the same way, without the green hair of course.  If I could change anything it would be to start the year out working harder and setting better goals for myself to be successful from the beginning.  I did learn that if you don't do your work or turn in your homework, your teachers are less likely to help and then your mom is on top of you all the time about the things you were suppose to do. 

I would like to tell the next class coming in to ask for help if you need it.  Teachers can't read your mind and if you are struggling with something ask for help. 

WOW! This year really flew by. I remember it like it was yesterday when I started 7th grade. I think this year went very well. I made lots of new friends, and had lots fun! For me 7th grade was successful. I don't think there was much to be down about. I learned a lot of stuff academically, but most of all, to study really hard! I don't think I would change anything, I think this year went really well. There were defenetley some things I learned the hard way, like studying for all those big tests.

How To Survive 7th Grade...

To survive 7th grade you need really good friends to help you get through the year. Also study very very hard, even if you think you already know it. Very important, bring a pencil to every class! Last but not least, never forget your text book!

This year has been so much fun, but WOW, it sure went by fast. I have learned so much thanks to all of my wonderful teachers. I don't think I would want to change anything about how this year went except I would have to go back and turn in all of my work on time. That is also my goal for next year.

And some advice for our upcoming 7th graders, stay focused and good luck! ;)

Finally, school is almost over. It has been too long since I could escape the school building. I think that the easiest class this year was math. Although we have homework in math every day, the pace was really slow. This year, I learned vocabulary words, human anatomy, and ancient civilizations. I would get rid of homework if I could change something. I will work harder and get the gold honor metal. If I could give some advice to new 7th graders, I would tell them to keep following goals because through hard work, you can achieve them.

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 01:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 67

7th grade was enjoyable. I would say it was relatively easy until the end of the year when we had several big projects going on at once. So what did I learn? a) Never, ever say "like" in Language Arts class. b) You get a better grade when you do the blog correctly. c) Fail the first math scantron to get more Starbursts at the end of the year. I learned through experience that I don't like making wikis especially when my group members live in Louisiana. When I'm in 8th grade I would like to do more than minimum work. I made it through this year on the minimum. If I could leave a piece of advice to the incoming 7th graders, it would be this: Turn in your work and you shall survive. And now I bid adieu to all of you who probably never cared about my blog in the first place. Adios.

It's exiting that it’s the last blog of the year! For me 7th grade went well. I made some new friends and learned a lot. Ill be doing geometry next year and Ill hopefully won't get a C in any of my classes next year. I learned a lot in math (now that I'm actually challenged) and I learned some about cells and the human body in science. One thing of advice I would give to next year's 7th graders is to really stay on top of your deadlines. That's really all I have to say for the rest of the year, it's just wow.

Have a great summer! :3

Article posted May 18, 2012 at 01:47 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 124

7th grade was definitely a good year; I really noticed the change in the amount of homework I got: P I was successful because I maintained my 4.0 GPA, even through the hard times. I wasn't successful with my goal at the beginning of the year which was not to get any A-'s which I didn't keep up with, but that is alright. I learned that I had terrible time management skills and that I didn't have a very long attention span...: P I need to change the way I spend time on things because as I said, I have the worst time management skills. I had to learn how to get everything done the day I got it, because until I learned how to do that, I had to stay up really long doing homework and I didn't do my best on it, since I just wanted to get it done, so I had o learn to do that the hard way. I would like to study a lot more next year because now I know how to use my time more wisely and my friend who is a current 8th grader told me that the tests were probably the hardest part of eight grades. My advice for the incoming 7th graders is to not procrastinate!! Procrastination is going to kill you in 7th grade! I had to learn that the hard way too...

In 8th grade, I would like to be more on top of things. I want to stay organized and do whatever it takes to make my 8th grade year a good one. For the new 7th graders, I would like to say that 7th grade is fun and exciting and full of new things to learn. Have fun with it, but stay alert.

I think my 7th grade year was the best school year of my life (so far, at least). I'm going to miss all of my teachers, who have taught me so much. They have taught me how to work well with others, and be independent. They taught me how to take life as it comes at you. They taught me that when life pushes you into the ditch, you get back on your feet, dust yourself off, and you keep fighting. I want to thank them for supporting me and helping me.

I am so happy school is over. I can finally live my life. Most of the time school wasnt that bad, but of course you have those bad days. What went smoothly for me this year was definitely homework. I never once had to go to htc. Academically I learned a whole bunch this year. I probably learned the most in math. In eight grade I want to participate more in class. For you upcoming seventh graders make sure you ask questions if you don't understand something.

This seventh grade year was surprisingly really fun. I expected this year to be filled with a boat load of homework, and to be very boring. But it was actually filled with many laughs and good memories. I really enjoyed playing school sports and meeting new friends. Academically I learned to always study for a test, but personally I learned that throughout the years you will make new friends but your best friends will always stay with you. Also I learned about the importance of friends. If I could change one thing this year I would have been nicer to people because sometimes I was really mean. In 8th grade I want to get all A’s again and I want to make even more friends. For all of the 6th graders who want to survive 7th grade, they shouldn’t chew gum and they shouldn’t talk when the teachers talking. Those are the things that make teachers the most mad. This year has been really memorable and I will really miss all of the teachers and all of the students who are moving.

7th grade for me was pretty good. The History Fair for me was successful, but our Science tests we took weren’t. I learned being able to have set schedules for projects was better than doing it by yourself, because I am a person who usually does things at the last minute and it helped out to have dates set for certain things to be turned in. Personally, I learned who is a good influence and who is not. I would not change anything about 7th grade. I think one thing I learned the hard way, was the LA speech, my topic was really hard to research on and Mrs. Lubich helped me through it and I did pretty well after all. I think listening more in class would help me be more “successful”, also talking less in class, besides that nothing really.

For the next year’s 7th graders all I have to say is do your work, and you will be fine!!

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 02:19 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 209

Ok, so 7th grade wasn’t my best year of school, but it was definiently my favorite. It was way fun being a seventh grader and knowing that I’m getting to be a teenager and stuff. But the thought of middle school being so close is just plain scary for me, I don’t know why. My grades were the most successful compared to last year, along with my band activities and just my moods in general. However, through all the success, I had some failiers. Such as turning in things on time. there was just so much that would pile up and then go back down that it was hard to keep up with. I learned lots of things during school, mostly how dissection works and how fun and creepy it can be, how much fun vocab tests can be, and how much I need to work on my group work skills. I would probably change many things ( not really many things.) like how much students dislike teachers for being stricter than others. I say, if you don’t do your work like your supposed to , then let the teacher be strict with you. that’s kinda their jobs, to be strict so you learn. ( ok, yeah I love all my teachers no matter what because they like me and I love homework and they are the ones that provide me with my love and also, I never really spoke up enough to get on their really bad side so I’m safe.) and things I learned the hard way, oh yes I have lots. I learned that group work is always a must in school in every class and you cant get out of it NO MATTER WHAT!, unless your like me, someone who holds their breathe when close to tears, causing a panic attack to happen and almost passing out in the middle of class. (note, I advise never to do this. I cant control it when I do it, but that does not mean its an easy way out of class. Its not.) I also learned the hard way that my little habit of doing my homework the night before the day I have the class instead of the night I get it, wont work out so well for me in the future.

And for all the new coming 7th graders, I just have to say congratulations on making it through the first stages of middle school. Advice I have to give for survival: make sure to do the homework the NIGHT IT IS GIVEN, not the night before its due. Trust me, youll have problems. And if you hate group work, prepare yourself because, you know, there is going to be a LOT of group work in 7th grade. More than 6th. And also, don’t be afraid to talk to the teachers. They aren’t ravenous dogs that will eat your head off if you don’t turn in your homework, or if you ask them a question, tell on a student for misbehavior that the teacher didn’t see. They are there to help you. if you feel better writing your problems down, then do that and hand it to them after class. They’ll talk to you and work things out. the teachers are really nice, despite what anyone says. And be sure to have fun, enjoy 7th grade. Just think, your almost through middle school with two years left to go. besides, your finally mature teenagers! That’s, like, the best thing ever I think. Well, it was for me.

7th grade was amazing, it flew by so fast I keep thinking were only in third quarter. I was pretty successful this year. I managed to keep a 3.65 G.P.A and make some new friends. Some things that I learned this year are: its not easy getting from woodshop to Mrs. Lubich’s room (language arts teacher) and Mr. Howards room (my math teacher. Something else I learned is that next year my locker partner gets the top shelf. There is one thing I would like to change; it is to pay attention more in class. Because I believe the more you pay attention in class the better off you will be! Something I would love to do in 8th grade is run for student council. Lastly, the thing I would tell incoming sixth graders is try your hardest!

7th grade was over-all my best year yet. OK, yeah, I don’t like school, but this was a pretty good year. I REALLY wish I was staying for next year=http://=http://!!!! Next year I’ll be going to Ankeney Middle School in Ohio. I’m really going to miss everybody!!!! Anyways, all the schools I’ve been to in the past were horrible and didn’t teach us much. Here, I actually feel like I learned something, and I can really see where I improved and stuff. I really liked Mountain Ridge, because all the people there are so nice and welcoming, and (this is going to sound SOOOOOO cheesy=http://!!) a… family. Yeah, I said it. Now I feel like a dork. Anyways, I think everything this year, and last year was just a big success, and I’m really going to miss this school!!!! I’m not really sure what I would change! I don’t think there’s much to change. I think the fact that we can’t chew gum in school sort of stinks. I personally don’t chew gum that much, and I can see why the school doesn’t want gum (it’s distracting and ends up on the bottom of desks!), but the responsible kids who I know wouldn’t do that. I don’t really have many more things to change, though. I don’t really know what my new Ohio school is going to be like yet, but I know I’ll try to do better next year, and not be an A’s and B’s student, but an all A’s student.

My piece of advice is just have fun.

I think I was successful in most of my grades during the year. I think I could have gotten better grades in language arts.Academicaly, I learned a lot. Personally, I learned not to chew gum. Ha ha! There really isn't anything I would change in eighth grade. The advice I would give the future 7th graders is to keep up with your work and don't chew gum!

Article posted May 20, 2012 at 02:12 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 199

I wouldn't say it was my favorite year but it was fun. I made atleast 7 new friends. I learned that it was kind of hard, but I pulled through. I really liked the teachers this year. All in all, this was a fun year.

Honestly, I really don't want this year to end. This year was my favorite year of school so far because I met a lot of new people like Alexa, Sky, and Ashley. My grades were really good at the beginning of the year, but they got worse because I started getting lazy. I learned that I really need to start using my time in and out of class wisely. I always end up not finishing my homework because I start too late. A thing that I learned the hard way was to always try to finish and turn in your work on time. Because I didn't do that, I got a couple Bs this year. Last year I got all As. In 8th grade I want to go to bed earlier so I won't have a hard time getting up in the morning like I did this year. I was absent for my first class of the day a bunch of times because of this. That caused me to miss a lot of work. My advice to next year's seventh graders is to not worry about your social life so much. Focus on academics more.

During my year as a seventh grader, I learned a lot. I enjoyed expanding my knowledge and learning about all sorts of new things in each of my classes. I believe that I was really sucessful in writing with more detail and more advanced vocabulary. I also think that I found some now ways to study for tests. All the vocabulary tests and science tests helped me to develop techniques for studying such as creating flashcards and quizes to prepare myself for tests. One thing I thought that I could have done better is utilize the enrichment time that was given to work on as much homework as I can. I felt like that my math skills have increased immensely. I now can factor and solve quadratic equations and simplify rational equations. Emotionaly, i think I have learned how to handle friendships better. I also think that I have become a better leader. I have learned how to be a leader without being bossy. One thing I would change about seventh grade is the way I approached different projects. I feel like I could have researched the different topics of my projects with more detail and thoroughness. In the eighth grade, I am going to plan out my time better. I can definately work on my time management. For all the incoming seventh graders out there, I have one tip for surviving seventh grade. Do your homework. It will affect your grade really badly if you don't.

7th grade was amazing. I had a lot of fun. I feel that a lot of things went well for me this year like projects, homework, etc. I also think that not much went wrong throughout our past year. I learned many things but a few that stick out would be . I really wouldn't change much because again the year went really well. The one thing I think that I learned the hard way would be some time management but other than that I was good. Next year will be interesting for me because I may be homeschooled so I'm looking forward to that. For next year's 7th graders I will say this: Stay on top of the ball and you should be fine.

I have learned many things throughout 7th grade. I learned: new ways to factor/ solve quadratic equations, new vocabulary, many new things about history, etc. I could probably not write all the things I learned thoughout the year, even if I wanted to, because I learned so many things!  Personally, I learned that dance is a very important part of my daily life... the hard way. (I couldn't dance for a whole YEAR because of foot surgery). I'm EXTREMELY excited to start dancing again in the summer! Advice for upcoming 7th graders? Don't stress about getting perfect grades... because it's almost impossible to get straight A+'s in 7th grade. Not worrying about getting straight A+'s makes your life easier. Trust me, I know from experience. Overall, 7th grade has been such a great year for learning new things!:)

7th grade was a lot better than what I expected because lots of 8th graders last year said that it was the worst out of the 3 grades, but for me it wasn’t hard. I had many successful times like playing on the school teams and going undefeated and almost in b-ball. Right now I can’t think of any unsuccessful times even though there were some. I learned lots of academically things like always. The things that I would change are the projects and make more of them, not all really big, but just more (they were all lots of fun). Even thought this was not the hardest year, I did have to learn things the hard way sometimes. Some things that I would like to do or change in 8th grade would probably be to still focus in class and to try new and different things. Surviving 7th grade is easy, all you have to do is stay on track with all of your work, try new things, and have fun. If you do those things you will have no problem surviving 7th grade.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 04:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 145

Seventh grade was a little challenging, but I had a lot of enjoyment throughout the year. I still can’t believe how close I am to high school! The only small problem for me was procrastination, which I still continue to do. I would like to get everything done nice and early starting in eighth grade. For the new seventh graders next year, I advise you to get your homework done ON TIME, and not late because if your homework is late all the time, it can really hurt your grade!

I think 7th grade was great, at least for me. 7th grade went by very fast and was very fun. For me most of the year was successful. Except for the third quarter that didn't go too well. I learned that you should do home work the day you get it instead of doing it on the next day like I did in the 3rd quarter. Another thing I learned was not to wait so long to work on projects and big assignments. I also learned about global economics and currency exchange from going to International Towne. International Towne was also really fun and worth all the work that we had to do. In science I personally learned that frogs smell bad and are hard to cut with scissors.

If I could change something I would have turned in all of my assignments when they were due and not wait until the last minute when they were due. That is one thing I learned the hard way, because my third quarter grades were not what I wanted them to be. If I could change anything else, I would want more field trips. I would also assign less math homework.

For all the sixth graders going into seventh grade, don't let the block schedule rule you, rule the block schedule. Do this by doing homework the day you get it, not the day before it is due. This lets you get it done and gives you extra time in case something comes up.

7th grade was not that bad. There were good parts and not so good parts. I think I was pretty successful. I had some late assignments and other hiccups but I have a gold medal in the end (as far as I know) and I learned a few things along the way too. One thing I learned personally this year is that I really like track. I also found that I am a lot better a shot put than I had intended. If I could change anything, I would study more. I can’t think of anything I learned the hard way. Next year, I will try to give myself more time than I think I need for projects. For next year’s 7th graders, make sure you find a world history fair topic that you can find enough information on to write an essay. “Live long and prosper.”

In my point of view 7th grade was a roller coaster. I never knew what was going to happen next but all the loose ends were tied. I thought as a team we were very successful. We all knew how to get thing. I really liked the way our team teachers communicated and made sure everything was addressed. I think that some of us got lazy and didn’t get things done although we all knew how. I learned a lot on remembering to do things and writing things done. At the start of this year, I was really good at writing things done and then doing them right away. But, as the year progressed I struggled with writing everything down and doing it right away. Sometimes I lost sleep and I learned a hard lesson, but hopefully next year I won’t have that trouble. I plan to write everything down next year. I also plan to change my binders so that I only have 1-2 because it is hard to have so many different binders and keep track of them all. It is especially hard to take them all home. 

For the next year’s seventh graders I encourage you to always write things down and never procrastinate. (Put off) You will find that like me you might lose sleep because you put it off. I also encourage you to have a durable homework folder (not paper) so you do not have to take home each of your binders every day. You will find it is more efficient and light. I wish next year’s seventh graders good luck!

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 03:01 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 102

It's the end of the year. It's been a wild ride. I had a lot of fun times with my friends and I had a lt of fun outside of school. I had a hockey tournament in Utah, I switched math classes, and Raphael and I became really good friends. I was successful in keeping good grades throughout the year. I wasn't successful when it came to doing homework. I got it in on time, but I always did it the night before. 

In 8th grade, I want to go for a 4.0 GPA for at least 3 out teamof the 4 quarters. I also want to play on the AA hockey team. I look forward to having more fun times with my friends, and having fun.

The only advice I have for the upcoming 7th graders is not to procrastinate. Without a doubt, procrastination was my biggest problem all year. 

7th grade was fun actually, I thought it would be really hard! Nothing was very successful execpt ITowne. My gradese weren't successful at all. :( I learned a lot of stuff. The grossest was the inside of the frog!! Ewwww!!! D; I would change my grades and attitude. No there wasn't. Well, I want to have good grades all year and do better and also get a medal.

Advice: Pay a lot of attention in class and have fun :)

My 7th grade year had been full of happy  and sad  memories, mood swings , some stress and procrastination , and preparation for moving away .  Of course, there were all the normal embarrassing incidents, as well as the times you want to kill   your siblings and SOCK  your friend in the gut. My progress in L.A. has improved even more (if possible ), but I have something short of failed in Math this year, recieving pitiful -B's  and even dreaded C's  and lower! I always feel strides behind in class, and have to get help from my friends to keep up. That is the only class that I feel I have some learning difficulties or ADHD !!! I just can't focus  and it feels like my head is being pounded  by a hammer so that my throbbing brain can hardly think. I learned TONS of new terms and punctuation rules by doing grammar drills every day , thanks to Mrs. Lubich's diligent, persistent, and dedicated hard work she put into focusing her time and energy into teaching us all the things we need to know to write accurate essays and 100%-correct stories. Thanks a lot ! I really wouldn't change anything because it was the most magical year ever ! I learned the hard way in Math, because it really is hard for me to learn! Next year, it would be my dream come true if I could get lessons for the violin , since it is my dream instrument. I would tell all the soon-to-be-seventh graders to not get on Mrs. Lubich's bad side by turning in blogs late, and to not procrastinate but just do the blogs and get them over with!

It's finally the end of the year! I think 7th grade was a really fun time but filled with lots of drama. It was easy to do the in class work because it didn't take very long to do. It was harder to remember to turn in the homework. I learned that it's important to always get your work done on time. I also learned that its good to pick good people to hang around because they effect how you work. I would change the amount of homework that we had to do because sometimes we had alot. Something I'd ike to do in 8th grade is have lots of fun since it will the last year of middle school.

For next year's 7th graders, stay around people who like you for who you are and don't change yourself for attention or to get different friends.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 03:40 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 62

I think 7th grade went very well for me. I think that most things went well. I think that for me getting organized was not very good. I learned that some things are harder than you think. I learned that missing school is not good because you usually have homework every day.

I would try to not miss as much school next year.

Future 7th graders: make sure not to miss school too much and do your homework the day it is assigned. If you do miss school find your teachers the next day.

I've had an awesome time as a 7th grader this year. The teachers that I had were amazing. I know I will never forget team 743. This was my first year at Mountain Ridge and I'm really glad that I'm leaving as a happy 7th grader. I made lots of new friends and learned a lot. The thing that I learned the hard way is my World History Fair. It didn't turn out as good as I expected but, I did it. It was because I did it at the last minute. Honestly, it was easier then I thought. An advice that I would give out is, not to stress out about projects and things like this. It always turns out to be no big deal at the end. One thing that I would like to do next year in 8th grade is to enjoy it. Since I know people in this school now, I hope I could have a fun year with my friends. Well, I just really want to thank Mrs.Lubich, Mr.Howard, Ms.Kosters, Mrs.Gagnon, and finally Mrs.Marr. Even though Mrs. Marr came at the end she was still a very nice teacher. So, thank you for letting me have a great year and have a great summer!

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 03:33 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 114

I am so proud of myself for making it through another year in middle school!! This year was kind of a challenge for me because most of my friends werent on my team:( I made new friends and bonded a ton with my other friends! This year for me was pretty successful except for in spanish... I stayed brillant!! Hahaha:) Some things I learned the hard way are you have to study to get a good grade and NEVER miss school. In 8th grade I want to be with ALL my friends and try really hard and succeed in EVERYTHING!!! Dear 7th graders of next year,

do NOT skip class cuz you think it's cool ( I never did) because once your in detention it wont be so cool ( I never got detention). Also, PAY ATTENTION IN CLASS!! You will not be classified a nerd if you are successful... I mean look at me!!!! hahahaha . And remember, stay in school, saggy pants are NOT cool, and be nice to your grandma.. she cant help that she is old and wrinkley:) Good-bye:)

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 12:55 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 128

Now that I look back, 7th grade was pretty good. The more social side of this year has been successful because I made a lot of friends. My grades were also successful for the most part. 3rd quarter wasn't the best quarter for me grade wise. I learned a lot academically like new stuff in math, humanities, pretty much everything. I also learned that if you put your mind to something it will end up good. If you dont't, it will end up bad. I would change something if I could. I would change the blogs. There were also some things that I learned the hard way was don't let your grades dip or else it will be hard to get them up with a week leftin the quarter. In the 8th grade I would like to have straight As for at least 3 quarters

For next year's 7th graders, I would say to think before you talk and don't make people angry. This is from personal experience.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 03:32 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 94

Whoo Hoo!!! You've made it through 7th grade!! I am really proud of all you've accomplished this year! We've had our ups and downs, but here we are at the end.

For your final blog of the year, I want you to reflect. How was 7th grade? What was successful? What wasn't? What did you learn academically, personally, etc? What would you change? Were there some things you learned the hard way?

THEN.... what would be some things you would like to change or do in the 8th grade- regardless of where you will be?

AND....leave a piece of advice for next year's 7th graders on how to surivive 7th grade!How was my 7th grade year, hmmm, I guess you could say the worst year of my life. Well, I loved my teachers and all, but I had some stuff that I shouldn’t have been in. I had to choose a new set of friends.In the process I was literally being bullied so badly by one person I totally shut down. I got better and started doing what I had to do. I have learned personally to choose friends wisely. I have learned to also get every piece of homework done.

This year I would probably change that dumb turquoise hair streak! That is my yearbook picture and it looks gross. I thought it was awesome then,,, NO.

Next year in 8th grade I need to focus on getting work done and less thinking about friends. Well, it’s good to think about then, but don’t let them distract your learning.

Last, For all the new 7th graders, do not think it’s cool to cuss, I mean all day I hear you swearing away. It’s not cool.

My 7th grade year was not very great. I didn't get along with my administrator and I always got in trouble for things I didn't do. I didn't like IC at all. It wasn't updated, Wasn't accurate, and my mom never understood that. I would hand in assignments or show them to teachers and it would say missing or something like that. I always thought my work was in, so I didn't check it very often. When I did, I would have a bad grade and missing work that shouldn't have been missing. I really did not like 7th grade, and hope it's nothing like this next year.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 96

7th grade was amazing. I loved being in an IB school. Schools in michigan I bet will be twice as easy. I think I was successful because I got all A's and B's. I learned alot in all my classes . I learned the most in math because I should have been in pre algebra but I was in algebra 1a. I also learned alot of life skills to because this is harder than my other school. So I can take what I learned this year and put it in my new school. If I did that the next year of school should be great. I learned the how to learn vocab the hard way (No offence). I would like to have laptops in my new school too.

Thank you for the best year ever. ps best Language Arts teacher ever!!!!1

I liked seventh grade. The first and biggest thing that I want to bring up,is that we weren't really taught economics and things like that during ITowne. I liked a lot of things in the seventh grade. I learned a good amount too. I think that it would be fun to ,instead of the Sky Sox, see an Avalanche game. For future seventh graders, I would say to listen and do your work. Don't let what other people do influence you.

Yay! It felt like yesterday we started 7th grade! 7th grade was awesome! I loved all my teachers because they thought me a lot of stuff. I also loved all my students on my team. They were all nice! What was successful for me was getting straight A’s in all my classes. I also made tons of new friends! I know sometimes that I didn’t do my blogs or study for a test, and that didn’t help me at all. I learned many new things like bio means life and many other vocab words. I also learned lots of new equations in math. Personally I learned to be nice to all my friends and family. I would change studding more and getting better grades then I have now. Like A+’s! I don’t remember anything that I did the hard way! It’s a lot easier to do what your suppose to than get in trouble. In 8th grade I want to make more friends and get straight A+’s!

Incoming 7th graders do your homework so you aren’t the one always getting tracked down and getting bad grades. Also be organized so that you don’t be unprepared. Good luck in 7th grade!

I personally thought that 6th grade went a lot easier for me than 7th grade did. First of all, we had a TON more homework than we did last year. Although I learned a lot, I think we could have had a bit less homework. If I could change one thing, it would be the fact that we had asigned directions for what to write in our blogs. I think we should have just wrote about something that happened durring the week in our blogs. My advice to any new 7th grader, would be to always do your blogs on time. I sadly learned that the hard way.HAVE A GREAT 7TH GRADE EXPERIENCE!

Article posted May 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 102

7th grade, I must say, was the most complicated year of my life so far! I was able to make it through all this drama and sad moments, and I am very proud of myself! I wish I had gotten better grades and I had hoped that there wouldn't be as much drama or depressing moments but "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!" Right? I learn't that getting mad at a person will only ruin your relationship with them, and I learn't that the hard way. Academically, I learn't that keeping up with homework and getting all that information drilled into my head is quite stressful! I would change the amount of homework because I was so stressed out that I started getting grey hairs, literally! If you wan't to survive 7th grade, my advice is share a locker with someone organized, or carry a bag around filled with your books!

Seventh grade was a lot of fun! I thought that this was the best year so far. I was happy we could participate in after school sports now. I thought I was successful in my grades and sports. I learned that I’m good at math and science. I also learned that I need to work harder at L.A. and Humanities. I probably would have been more organized. I found my papers but, it was a lot harder than it should have been. In eighth grade I want to keep doing the things I have been in seventh grade. For the next year’s seventh graders I would say to turn in all your work on time, because after a while it starts building up and it’s hard to get back on track. Also I think that you should do all your blogs, they are worth a lot of points. Good Luck next years seventh graders!

Article posted May 18, 2012 at 01:48 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 113

Throughout 7th grade I have had a great time! I really enjoyed my teachers. Mr. Howard, Mrs. Lubich, Mrs. Gagnon, Mrs. Kosters, and Mrs. Marr are awesome teachers that I have really enjoyed this year. The most successful thing in this year was that I learned life lessons I could use when I am older. . Even though all my goals at the beginning of the year were never met, I can build off of this. If I learned any life lesson from this school year, it would be to make consequences for your actions. By learning this it has helped me transform as a student. During the 7th grade I have had many memorable experiences. We have gone to Fox Run Park, International Towne, had many P.A.W parties, spirit weeks, dissected a frog and chicken wings, and did the Greek unit. Of all these experiences, I think Fox Run Park was the most enjoyable. I think this, because when we did this, we got to build the best team and meet new friends. This helped us learn, gain life skills, and have fun. Once doing all these fun activities, we had to reflect with blogging. Blogging was my least favorite part about 7th grade. In 8th grade, I really do not want to do blogging because it is really annoying. It is difficult because it does not work about 40 percent of the time for me and I either have to do it at school or another day. Another thing I would not want to see in 8th grade is poetry. Poetry is pointless because it is like singing but singing has a purpose. One thing I will want to keep in 8th grade is my awesome teachers that I had in 7th grade. Overall, as we live our lives the most important thing about life is keep moving forward just like how we are moving into the 8th grade. Thank you everyone for the wonderful school year. Have a great summer!

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 02:43 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 107

The 7th grade was good. I think I achieved a milestone, covered partly in bushes. It might not look significant, but, nevertheless, it is still a milestone. 7th grade was different. There was more work but there were fun things too, like football and weaving an awesome hat.

There was also lots of learning. I learned Spanish, poetry, algebra, body parts, etc. I learned, in a personal way, how to be responsible, timely, and organized (in my work).

There are a few things that I would change. There should be a locker a person. I know that is not entirely possible, but it would still be nice. I also think that we should be allowed to choose our locker. Then we should have more field trips.

7th grade was good overall. Of course, there were a few uneventful, stressful, complicated, tiring, and boring moments but 90% was positive. I am looking forward to summer break. Also for the new seventh graders I say, be confident, but not too confident. If you are too confident then people will dislike you.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 02:58 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 132

Over all, I think 7th grade has been the best year yet! I have had a good year academically and personally. One thing that didn’t go so well was Spanish, my worst class (there’s always next year). I have made new friends and learned more about myself. This year was great, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Article posted May 5, 2012 at 03:12 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 39

I am so happy it is almost summer time! 7th grade was a fun year. I enjoyed having great teachers on team 743 and the exploratory teachers. My grades were successful and soccer team had a successful season also. I wouldn't change anything, it was a great year.I learned new things about the human body that I didn't know before. I also, learned that I need to try my best on everything I do. In 8th grade I want to change the fact that I didn't do all my blogs on time, if we have blogs, I want them all on time. A little piece of advise for thoughs new 7th graders is to have fun but at the same time be ready to learn and always do your best at everything you do.

For me 7th grade was very good. Everyday seemed kind of slow but the year went by fast! I think that everything was successful, I didn't really have any problems. I definitely learned more about not relying on teachers, but being independent. I can't really think of anything I'd change, but some medium sized projects I would like to do before the night before they are due. In 8th grade I want to not procrastinate as much. I don't like doing things until the last minute. Finally, I think that the upcoming 7th graders will do just fine, as long as they relax.

Article posted May 22, 2012 at 02:46 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 126

I think that 7th grade went well, until the end of 3rd quarter I didn’t keep up so much on my language arts homework. Mostly the blogs. Other than that it went well. I feel like I was very successful in my work and kept up with it. The only thing that wasn’t very successful was language arts. Honestly I would rather do written assignments because I forget about the blogs. Academically I learned more about Rome and Greece than I ever have before. I have never really gone into too much detail about Rome or Greece so doing that World History Fair on Rome was a lot of fun. Personally I learned more about friendship and how in middle school mostly you find out who your true friends are and who will be there for you. If I could go back and change anything, again it would be the blogs and keeping up with them. I learned the hard way that if you wait till the last minute to do things that it will come back and hurt you in the long run. In 8th grade I’m going to make sure I keep up with my missing assignment (if I have any.) And I am really looking forward to doing yearbook next year and being with all my friends.

7th grade was ok I could say I really love all my teachers. But drama with friends was not so fun. I also learned a lot this year to. I learned something in all of my classes. I got better at a lot of things. I could have done better but I did the best I could do. Making my two best friends was a success .well losing some friends was not successful. Math was not a successful part of this year at all. But I learned something in math so that’s good. What I learned academically was always try your best and never give up. Personally I learned was never give up and I NEED TO STOP BEING SHY=http:// . I would change all the drama this year with friends. Yes there was some stuff I had to learn the hard way. Like don’t talk in class or the teachers will yell at you. Stop being shy and being my own self.

Ok and the coming 7th graders. 7th grade is not that hard and horrible it was ok. If you guys get this team of teachers this year would be fun. Because these are the best teachers ever. They are really nice so u will get though it .

This year was a lot better than I ever expected it to be. If I had to predict what was going to happen to me in seventh grade the only thing I would have said is that I was going to learn a lot about science, math, language art, and history. Sure all of that is true, but that is definitely not the only thing I have learned this year. I have learned how to make acquaintances friends and how to make friends into best friends. The most important thing to me this year was my friends. Without them I probably would have had better grades, but I would have missed out on a lot of life’s lessons. The life lesson that I have learned this year was that you cannot do everything by yourself, so open up. I used to be very shy. Now she is the last word I would use to describe myself. I am glad that I finished this year with a 3.75 GPA and a lot of new friends!

Seventh grade was a very different experience. It taught you responsibility and how to deal with different situations. At first you had to adjust to your locker partner. With all the different teachers you had to adjust to their personalities and know how to behave around them. I believe the most successful part of seventh grade was the actual grades. If you put effort forward and actually tried on your work it was easy to get a good grade. For me this year was more stressful. It was a lot different than sixth grade with the amount of work. Academically I learned that with projects they might not go as planned and you have to learn how to cope to your research. For example, for world history, I got very different results than I planned on for my subject. Personally, I learned how to be more open at school. I know it might have not seemed that way, but I've come a long way. One thing that I would change would be the length of exploritories. Allowing the exploritories last more than quarter would be fantastic. There wasn't really anything I learned the hard way this year. In all, seventh grade was a memory I won't forget.

In eighth grade I would really like to be a peer helper. I think the experience would be sort of life changing. It's not like I won't survive if I don't peer help, but it would have a big impact on my life. Just being given the opportunity to make the difference is really eye opening. The consideration and interview for peer helping was very surreal to me. I would be honored and proud to be a peer helper, let's just hope that I get the job.

To the future seventh graders at Mountain Ridge Middle School, all I have to say is turn in your work! When a teacher gets work in time and with effort put behind it, they couldn't ask for more. Seventh grade will be easy if you turn in your work, and if you don't it will be torture! I've seen some of my friends not give a second thought to seventh grade and blew it; they were being nagged by teachers constantly and always had to stay after school because of their work or lack there of. Also, try to get along with your teachers. Even if you don't like them still be kind, considerate, and respectful. Remember they still are your no matter what and they still have authority. If you follow these simple rules seventh grade will be a breeze.

7th was really rough with all these projects and remebering when teh blogs are due and not to forget the. 7th grade was a blast because I had my friends to hang with and they were always there for me. I was very successful on getting my projects in and geting my homework down on time. I was really bad on procrastinating and waiting to the last minute sometimes. I learned that I should have more fun and not be so serous. I would probly change when we were assigned projects and I would probly do them earlier than just waiting. I hope in 8th grade it's kind of easier and we don't have a lot of projects to do. To survive in 7th grade I would have a good friend to help u get through everything and have some fun! Good luck.

Wow! I can't believe there is only one week of school left of seventh grade. Seventh grade was awesome because of my teachers. They where great and they helped me with whatever I needed. I don't think I succeeded in seventh grade because, I didn't get all A's and I wish that I pushed myself hard to get A's. I learned how to dissect a frog. That was really gross. I also learned that you need to be trying to make friends and meet new people because, having one friend is not very fun. If I could change anything it would be to have pushed myself hard and I would have gotten all A's. Something that I learned the hard way was not studying because, in past grades I could not study and still get a good grade.In eighth grade I'm going to push myself really hard and get all A's. For the next year seventh graders I would recommend that they pay attention in class, be willing to learn, and study before a test.

I thought 7th grade was pretty fun despite the ups and downs of it. The things that were successful were making new friends, trying to solve new problems that came along with being a 7th grader, and totally having better grades than last year. The thing that wasn't successful was me trying to get into a higher range for math test scores. What I learned academically is that I can push myself to do greater things than I have ever done before. What I learned personally is that I can give it my all and not really give it my all. I also learned that I personally should try to have a better attitude about things and try new things every once in awhile. What I would change is who I became in the first semester of the school year and have no missing assignments at all. There were some things I learned the hard way like having my phone on in my pocket in class and having too many missing assignments. Some things I would like to change or do in the 8th grade is accomplish the goal of not having any missing assignments and try to have a higher range for a math test grade. A piece of advice for incoming 7th graders is don't argue with somebody about something that's stupid regardless if they are younger than you or who started it. The key thing is don't continue the arguement and try to be the bigger person.

I definitely enjoyed my 7th grade experience more than my 6th grade experience. I enjoyed this years because we did not have books reports, we had more hands on activities, and I was in the same classes as my friends. However I did not enjoy the frog dissection, the chicken wing lab and speaking in front of the class. I did not enjoy speaking in front of the class because I am a very shy person and I do not enjoy speaking in front of people even if they are my piers or friends. And I did not like the dissections because that is just gross. I learned this year about african rock art, Williams words worth, and how technology. I wouldn't change anything that happened this year except maybe the amount of time that we had to work on the world history fair because I don't like how now we have to squeeze in all these new lessons. Over all I enjoyed this year and I look forward to the 8th grade

Are you ready Mrs. Lubich for the end will I am. I think my most successful accomplishment was my world history fair display bored. What was not my best accomplishment were Language Arts tests. The things that I learned were how to find the area of a triangle. What I learned personally was how to spell words better. The things I would change are my grades. The thing that I hand to learn the hard way is turning in my homework. The things I would change for 8th grade is turning in homework. TURN IN YOUR HOMEWORK=http://!!

In seventh grade, I have learned a ton. I have worked hard on the world history fair, writing poems in language arts, and new things in exploritories. . Most of the poems were fun to make and were extremely easy to write. Also, the world history fair was stressful and annoying to work on, but I feel I did well there. For international towne, it was just not fun. It wastes a lot of time in enrichment and was not a worthwhile field trip. If anything, there should be more time on breaks. As of exploratories, I have learned in 3D art how to make plaster sculptures just like the one I am currently working on. I also went up on stage in drama to perform a skit. Overall, seventh grade was harder than sixth grade, but still sort of easy.

Next year, I am looking for the exploritories I wanted and for the final year of middle school. Though, I do think that next year won’t be as well as this year. Being in eighth grade will be a pain with more homework, but less of a pain with projects. To next year’s seventh graders, I advise to turn your work in on time and to not procrastinate on the huge projects.

Seventh grade was a really good year despite the tales I heard from older students. I was successful in getting straight A's this school year! The only thing I wish I could do better was making more friends. I learned that it is really easy to talk like Yoda from Star Wars. He's is one of my favorite characters. I learned the hard way that spending all of your paws for a raffle isn't wise because you will probably not win. I would like to go to Mars for a field trip in eighth grade, even though it's never going to happen.

Upcoming seventh graders, study the vocabulary you get from Mrs. Lubich, so you don't forget their definitions, and don't fail the end of the year vocabulary test. Even though I did good, I didn't like relearning the words. Next, don't get Mrs. Gagnon mad because, no offence, she is very strict. If you're good in Mrs. Koster's class, you'll get a lot of paws. Finally, be good in Mr. Howard's class so you can get many Starbursts.

7th grade was a fantastic year. I accomplished so many projects I cannot count. One of my biggest accomplishments was the World History Fair. This project as well as others brought up my biggest problem, procrastination. It was not fun trying to finish any project on the night before it was due.  That was a huge teaching point for me. Other than that I would not change anything. Life is supposed to have hiccups because you can only learn from them. Hopefully though, I can reduce my hiccups in eighth grade by fixing my procrastination. I can’t wait to see what eighth grade has in store for me. If it is anything like seventh grade, it will be a fantastic year.

Advice: Try not to get stressed out over anything. It will be alright no matter how bad things look. TIP: DO NOT PROCRASTINATE. It will make your life so much easier and reduce your stress levels. Have a great year!

7th grade has been fun for me. I have made lots of new friends and met lots of new people. I believe for me 7th grade was a successful year because I learned new things everyday and I took all that knowledge in. In ways things were confusing to me and I never learned them and I didn’t ask for help which didn’t help me solve that problem, so that was un-successful. I learned how to find the area of a circle, how to write a persuasive speech, how the human body works, and I learned all about the history of Greece and China. I learned lots of new things but some things I would change would be to pay attention more in class instead of talking to my friends and I would of worked more hard and lots of projects. When I go into 8th grade I will definitely change those but in 8th grade I will have to meet all new people and I want to make sure I make a good impression on them so I will change the way I say things to people in 8th grade and make sure everything I say is the right thing. For the new 7th graders………you probably already know this but MAKE SURE YOU TURN IN WORK ON TIME!

Article posted May 21, 2012 at 01:04 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 116

This year has been pretty fun. It was probably the hardest academically, but it was fun. I learned about Greece in Humanities, algebra in Algebra, poems in Language Arts, and the human body in science. What I would change would be the homework. We got a lot of homework compared to in 6th grade. In 8th grade, I want to have as much fun as I did this year. Looking back, I was a little hy to some people that I didn't know. Now, they are my friends and I talk to them a lot. For the incoming 7th graders, have fun=http:// The year goes by way faster when you're having fun. Try doing some sports you couldn't do last year, like football and basketball. 7th grade wll be fun if you make it fun.

Article posted May 21, 2012 at 12:24 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 107

Well, that was fun. I think our class was successful in improving public speaking skills. On the other hand, I am still terrible at grammar. In the eighth grade, I would like to do something besides poetry and public speaking. Because, it seems as if that’s all we ever do in Language Arts classes. I learned that when making a movie, people who are completely in their character can be extremely dangerous. To all the new seventh graders wanting to know a trick to survive the seventh grade: there is none. Just deal with it, and do well on your World History Fair project and you’ll be fine.

I can hardly believe that 7th grade is over!! It has been a fascinating year for me, and even an interesting year. I have only spent one half of seventh grade here at Mountain Ridge, so I have missed out on a lot!! As for how great this year was, I think the word would be challenging. I have been home-schooled my entire life, and 7th grade was my first year in public school, so it has been difficult at times. What was really successful for me was just getting through the year. I am, if I can say, impressed with myself for getting through my very first year, and I am definitely looking forward to 8th grade, along with the new challenges. What didn’t really work out this year was the schools. For the first half of 7th grade, I went to Timberview, so moving schools in the middle of the year was a big downer. Also, on top of moving schools, I moved houses. So during, about my first two weeks of 3rd quarter, I was unpacking boxes when I came home, and that made it all the worse. It was definitely my worst month in my entire life!!

I have academically learned was mostly in math and Language arts. In math, I have learned how the find rules, how to do square roots, and how to find area and perimeters of circles. In language arts, I have learned the importance of poems and folk tales. I have also learned about the joys of blogging, which is the most fun I have ever had in school. I have also learned a great deal of information in Spanish. I have learned how to conjugate verbs, the secrets to adjectives, and how to say more than “I am”. This school has given me new information I have never known.

Personally, I have learned how to deal with people, teachers, the art of changing in gym, and how to deal with best friends. I have also learned how to quickly get my work done so I can read, even when I am paying attention. I have grown personally and spiritually in school alone, and I believe it is very good for me.

If I could change anything about school, I wouldn’t. I think school was perfect the way it is. I know it can be a bit challenging sometimes, but it was an amazing experience to be a part of, and I’m glad I was here to take it all in.

I have learned everything the hard way, from doing homework, to dealing with gossip, and even crushes. I regret a lot of the things I have done in school, but I do think it was good all the stupid and bad stuff happened to me, because it has made me a better person.

If I had the chance to change the way things went in 8th grade, I wouldn’t. Again, I love how the year has folded itself out, and I’m glad that 8th grade is soon to come for me to learn my lessons all over again.

To all the 7th graders to come, I have to tell you one thing. Keep on going. Even though life can get hard sometimes, keep going on with your life. The homework, teachers, and rumors might feel like they kill you, you have to keep going on with your life. Just calm down and take it step-by-step. I promise you, enjoy 7th grade while you have it, because 8th grade is going to be a heck of a lot harder.

Article posted May 19, 2012 at 02:17 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 59

Throughout this year I have had plenty of experiences. I'm staying out of trouble and I have made a lot of friends. I have learned that at this school you can't be lazy and get by. You actually have to work to get a decent grade. I would probably change how lazy I was about doing school work throughout the semester I was here. Some advice for the future seventh graders...don't be lazy about your work because it's really hard to scramble around at the end and get good grades. Also become friends with your teachers because they can hook you up with a lot of good sources and maybe even persuade you into getting on a great sports team.