Copyright (c) 2014 by Mrs. Gagnon Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mrs. Gagnon -- Blogmeister

Mrs. Gagnon

by Mrs. Gagnon

No Links added yet!

If I were to pick three things I am thankful for...

I am thankful for my family.  My parents, siblings, husband, children, and extended family give me both joy and headaches, but without them, my life wouldn't be as colorful.

I am thankful for education for without it I wouldn't be doing what I love.

I am thankful for the interests of others.  My life would be very different if my surgeon only kind-of enjoyed what he was learning in medical school.

In high school, a friend recommended a book called The Celestine Prophecy.  This is after he had recommended the Chicken Soup For the Soul book (which by the way, was the first one in the collection), and after I had raved how much I loved it.  Matt (my friend) said that this new book would make me think.  He and I were in English class together and at the time, we were studying poetry and the depth that the poets wrote about their topics.  One thing he told me though, was to read the book, one chapter a night, and don't read it all one time. 

I started reading that night and every morning, I would express to him that I was anxious to read the next chapter.  Why did he tell me to read it one chapter a night?  It is one of those books, where if you read it in one sitting, it's great, it's awesome, it's memorable.  But if you read it one chapter a night, you think about that chapter the next day and absorb what it means to you, which makes the book more meaningful. 

When Mrs. Lubich posted the topic for this week, this book, specifically one chapter, stood out to me.  There's a chapter that states you should take the time to REALLY notice things.  While reading it, I thought "hey, I notice things around me."  But it meant to look at the different colors in flower beds, really notice the brightness of the colors, the charity of the colors.  Look at the mountains and the blending of the colors created by nature.  Look in the eyes of a wild deer or watch a pet sleep.  Everything has beauty within it, it's a matter of how you interpret it. 

With Fall upon us, we see the changing of colors with trees, something I never saw in Hawaii.  The weather creates different patterns on the ground, with mists and fogs and frost.  If you take the challenge of really looking at things, remember them when you do your poetry unit.  At least remember to step back and look deeper into things before making judgement.

I love to learn about the latest technological advances available for both professional and personal use, but one that I'm getting increasingly hooked on is this blogging. I've enjoyed reading about my friends' lives on their blogs and reading about random people on others. Not only does this keep me in touch with those who live far away, but also shows me that I'm not the only one who feels the way I do sometimes.

While I don't post often, I enjoy coming to the blogmeister and reading your thoughts because it gives me an insight to who you are. The same way I experience the not-so-alone-in-my-thoughts feeling as I do reading other blogs, I'm sure many of you can secretly think "I thought I was the only one who felt that way!" or found something that you share with another.

I hope you all realize how lucky you are to have a teacher that incorporates the latest technology in her classrooms. I know I'm learning different things from her every day!

I love to read, so I was excited to see this posting.

My favorite authors are Nora Roberts, Danielle Steel, Madeleine Wickam/Sophie Kinsella. I just finished the In Born trilogy from Nora Roberts and re-read two books from Danielle Steel.

I like Nora Roberts because there's always a twist at the end of the book. Danielle Steel writes books that are a quick read for me and I don't necessarily need to think "whodunit?" Madeleine Wickam and Sophie Kinsella are one in the same. Sophie has written the shopaholic series and a few others that I enjoy because they're so outrageous it's funny.

I never get rid of my books. I don't get tired of re-reading the same book year after year. I still re-read my Chicken Soup for the Soul books that I've had since high school. It's one of my favorite past times.

I am not currently reading any teen books, but I'm looking forward to trying to read TTFN because I heard it's good.

If you forgot the information or lost the info, the brochure is due on 0ct 13 for pds 1/3 and Oct 14 for pds 2/4.

We go into the computer lab one more time before it's due.

Article posted October 2, 2008 at 03:43 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 45

1. I grew up in Hawaii

2. I am a graduate of the University of Northern Colorado

3. My favorite meal is breakfast-at-dinner.

4. I have a cat but I wish I had a dog.

5. My favorite musician is Jake Shimabukuro (ukulele)

6. My favorite character is Winnie the Pooh.

7. I bite my nails...something I'm trying to quit.

I am very excited to be able to particpate with the team's blog! I will try to answer the same questions Mrs. Lubich poses on the assignments, but sometimes, I may write my own thoughts.

Thank you for letting me be a part of the blog!

For the 2008-2009 school year, I expect to learn more about my students. I hope that throughout the year, students will begin to open up about their likes, dislikes, goals, and dreams so that I can help them to succeed on a level that is beneficial to them.

My academic goals for the year:

Keep current with grading.

Create an exciting new unit.

Incorporate technology in my lessons

My personal goals for the year:

Get enough sleep

Keep up with the laundry load in my house

Stop biting my nails

All Entries       All Titles Next Entries