-

by teacher: Professor McGonagall

Article posted August 25, 2008 at 08:07 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 617

Dearest Dragons,

Welcome to 5th Grade online!

We will always refer to ourselves as our Book Character Nicknames so we might as well get to know each other as them:

-Tell us about the character traits that made you choose your namesake.

-What book are you from?

-What is something your character is known for?

Here's my example: I chose Professor McGonagall because she is a teacher that I admire. Prof McG is talented, strict but fair, and really cares for her students.

Plus, she's the head of the best house at Hogwarts...And I always end up feeling that way about my class!

Prof. McG is from the Harry Potter series...which just happens to be one of my favorite book series ever! OK, my absolute favorite.

Prof. McG is a Transfiguration teacher at Hogwarts...and while we won't be learning any spells or waving any wands, I hope some of the things you'll learn this year will seem absolutely magical...

Transform your thinking,

Love Prof. McG

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 08:15 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 86

Hi World, My Name is Gabby. I am a dragon in the Book Series The Door Within. I come to the rescue of my characters in my book. I'm like a hero! I am also very snuggly. So if you're stranded out in the mountains like my characters...I can keep you warm! Hope you like my book, Love Gabby

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 08:30 PM GMT • comment (15) • Reads 105

I chose Ronaldinho from the book called SOCCER Because Ronaldinho is a great soccer player. Ronaldinho plays for A.C Malian and is number 80.

Ronaldinho use to play for Barcalona and was number 10.

Ronaldinho is known for his amazing speed and his ball handleing. Ronaldinho started his career on brazil in 1999. hes also been in 1 World Cup.

- Ronaldinho

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 08:10 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 81

My book character is Swindle. He is a man that trick (swindled) a kid out of a old baseball card. He tricked him by lieing to him and only giving him 100$ when the card was worth 1000$. So the boy collected 5 of his freinds to get the card back. The only thing standing in his way is a visous guard dog.

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 08:14 PM GMT • comment (13) • Reads 102

My charecters name is ThimbelTack he is a helpful friend he is a brownie but when he gets frustratrated he turns into a boggart .Simon,malory,and jared are the main charecters and are tring to protect the field guid because goblens are tring to steal it to rool the magical world

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 08:17 PM GMT • comment (10) • Reads 106

my charecter name is Lyra fromthe book the golden compass.  lyra lives in a world where your soul walks beside you as an anamal kids deamons can change animals and audults deamons cant.  in this book she finds out why that is the way it is she sees the ice bears and much much more than she wants to see. i chose her because i love the book.

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 08:15 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 84

One reason I chose Butler is because he is a body guard and at another school peaple wanted me to protect them, and Butler reminded me of well,me. Although Im not like Butler, he is huge and Im tiny, Im going to fly planes and he doesnt, wait he does in some books! I guess Butler and me are the same in some ways. Another reason I chose Butler is peaple seem to take a liking to his hugeness (well not a liking, but they sure listen to him!)Another reason I chose him is he is the protector of one of the worlds greatest( and youngest!) minds. And he is a great character!!!! Guess what? Another Reason! YAY!!!! That reason is he would be a nice brother. In some of the books, Artemis(the main character) talks to Juliet (Butler's sister) and she tells of how well Butler treats her. The final reason I chose Butler was because of his name (yep. Butler's not his real name.Its his last name!)It is an ausome name!! But I wont tell you what it is! Youll have to read the Artemis Fowl book its in to find out! And i wont tell you wich one, so youll have to read all of them!!!

The guy who made this Article,

Butler

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 10:16 PM GMT • comment (10) • Reads 244

mynickname is PhoneyBone. It's from the comic book bones. I've read all 7 so far. My favorite one was the 2nd book. It's the funniest. THe third is the longest. So I have a debate...They're all the best.

In the book PhoneyBone is mean...but he softens up near the end. He also has a star on his shirt.

And every book ends with to be continued...so far. So I hope there's an eighth.

From, PhoneyBone.

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 08:01 PM GMT • comment (8) • Reads 106

Hi my blog nickname is Bex! It's from a book called I'd Tell you I Love You but then I'd have to kill you. Sounds funny? Yeah, but I really recamend reading it!I'ts a good book. I chose her because is always doing a great job in her "Spy school." She is also very nice, and a good spy! Her two best friends are Liz and Cammie, Cammie the main character. The second book is called Cross my Heart and hope to spy. Still silly. I'm planning on reading that book soon. Any way, Bex is my favorite character. She has a great personality!  

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 08:16 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 80

One reason I picked Max is he is the main character of a really good book. The name of the fantastic book is Revenge of the shadow king. One of the reasons that he is so important is that he started the round table card group and if it wasn’t made there is no use for the book. I think student have used the shadow king in the round table game because that’s what the demons come from. Max thought all of his friends how some his like Ernie, Ray and other of his friends. The name of the round table group there in is called the grey griffins it is also the name of the series. The town that they all live in is Avalon, Minnesota. I feel bad for max his friends are all his got because his parents never pay attention to him. A other reason I chose max is because he is a really funny character. So this was my discussing on max by, Max

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 09:38 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 79

alex is A cool character beacause he is very funny in the story.

I don't know what the book is called.

alex

Article posted September 5, 2008 at 09:54 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 82

I think they should make a comic book with the name alex in it don't you agree?

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 07:56 PM GMT • comment (28) • Reads 113

I am deaf and like to eat pizza. My name is for Princess Belle because I like princesses and she is my favorite princess.

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 08:20 PM GMT • comment (9) • Reads 70

The name Saphira came from a book called Eragon. When I heard about dragon blogs I though of saphira the dragon. I think dragons are really cool, and I love to draw them too. There were other names I was thinking about but I chose Saphira beacause she is brave and advenruse and also right be her friends side. she also has a side of humer. Eragon is a great book and goes on in Elders and Brisinger.

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 07:58 PM GMT • comment (8) • Reads 133

I picked Annabel Green becaues she is most like me in my favorite book I am now reading. She is a 16 years old and goes to martian high school.  picked her becaues she is very funny,Smart and out going (Just like me). Annabel Green is from the book Just listen. Just listen is about Annabel Green and her life changing friendship break up. friends forever one summer, enemies the next. the story is about her becoming to be honest and tell the story how her and Sopie's friendship broke so easy. Annabel Green is know for 2 things. #1 She is a model at Lakeform Mall.Her number one fan is Marolly. who is your all the way number one fan in modeling . her room is filled every inch of modeling posters and pictures and every month her and her friends have a modeling party. #2 her sister has a sickest and everyone knows about it. her sister has a bad eating disorder.

Hope you enjoy reading Just Listen

Signed,

Annabel Green

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 08:14 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 125

Hi my name is Pikachu!

I chose this name because I love Poke'mon,and It is a Poke'mon that most people know, not like I'm not going to talk about a Dustox, or something!

The book I got this name from is: Poke'mon #4 Night at a Haunted Tower. It's where Ash is trying to win a battle against the Lavendar Town Gym Leader Sabrina. A sinister leader indeed! Ash try's to defeat her, but... Her Abra evolved into Kadabra, and Kadabra won the fight against Ash. But he eventually beat's her!

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 08:00 PM GMT • comment (8) • Reads 96

Hey! The name is Hedwig! I chose her because she is so adorable and sorta important. She is Harry Potter's pet snowy owl. You know, the one that, -sniff-, dies in the last book but is still very loyal when living. She is a kinda picky owl, she'll nip ya if you don't give her what she wants. Sorta like me, I'm a bit picky. (But I don't bite!) She's from the Harry Potter series. She may not be the star, (maybe not even in the top ten,) but She's still important! My character is the one that delivers Harry all of his mail and She's his only friend at Private Drive. Well, that's my nickname story! From, Hedwig

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 08:25 PM GMT • comment (13) • Reads 81

My nickname is Torres, because in soccer he is know for his speed and talent in the English Division. One extremely bad thing happened; Torres was injured so he can't play soccer for the next three seasons. I learned this information from an autobiography of Fernando Torres. I hope you like my blog!!

-Torres

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 08:14 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 91

my charictor name is tweety. i piked tweety becuase she is my favrite charictor in the hole book.she is very smart very funny and very out going. she is working at a job in sanfincico .  she was working for in a store but then she got a new job in newyork city but she dintnt have enogh mony to go. a few months passed by she had enogh money to go. what she is known for is singing and being very very very and very nice

love,

tweety

In my last book I was n a plaine crash because my piolit had a hart atack. And I made the plaine crash in to a lake.Then I had to sevive in the nothen canida. My next book is abowt wen I go on a canoing tripe to finde a indian girl named susan. I pickd brian because of all the fun advencers he has.

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 08:15 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 107

i chose corduroy because he was my favorite book character as a young child, i read a lot of books but he was always my favorite. i chose him because hes cute, cuddly and a brave little bear. The story starts with a cute little bear in the mall, he sees a little girl and he wanted to go home with her amd then the storybbegins.................   And that is why i love that stinkin bear.........Just joking he dosent stink ...... HE RULES!!!!

Article posted September 22, 2008 at 10:08 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 123

I chose SmileyBone because I am a big fan of Bone. I think Bone is a great book to read. I don't know if there is anyone els likes Bone. When I read it for a while I fall asleep.

Article posted September 4, 2008 at 11:23 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 93

michael jordan is the best player in the nba. he has his own type of shoes. the names of his shoes are, air jordans, air force 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 thier is my article. sincerly michael jordan....

The reason my nickname is Michael jordan is because i readed a book name sald in his shoes, and the main character is michael jeffery jordan, in other words,

the fomuas player michael jordan. that made a basketabll record 3,000 points per season.

By michael jordan

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 09:49 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 92

I chose the nickname Roberto after the Strong brazilian Roberto Carlos. Roberto Carlos is known for his strong defense. Roberto won 2 world cups with 5 time world cup champions,Brazil! Roberto Carlos is in Soccer Stars,Soccer,and The Big Book Of Soccer and more!

I hope you read my blog=http://=http://

FROM ROBERTO

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 08:17 PM GMT • comment (9) • Reads 85

My name is Reepicheep and I chose this name because I like The Chronicels of Narnia seires.I also want to see and read the Prince Caspian movie and book.I liked this name because I like the charector in the moive. Reepicheep helps Prince Caspian in the war aganist King Miraz.. I think Prince Caspin will win.

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 10:05 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 104

Luke is the cearikter i chosbecaues he isint skerd

of enything exsept fore HORRORLAND!

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 10:12 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 75

I chose the nickname Shadow king because he is evil and scary looking. It all begins in Avalon Minnesota. A boy named Max has a boring summer. When shadow king tries to destroy Avalon and Max tries to save the town. That’s why I chose shadow king.

Article posted October 31, 2008 at 03:00 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 151

I chose the name Hobbes because it's from a funny comic strip called Calvin and Hobbes. Hobbes is a stuffed tiger that Calvin plays with. They often disagree, and Hobbes always rolls his eyes when Calvin says that he's so smart that he's a genius. Hobbes always pounces on Calvin, especially when Calvin comes home from school.

Article posted February 13, 2009 at 06:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 75

I chose Alice because she is a great actress on twilight and she is my very favorite. And she is talented and very pretty. She is also my favorite character.

My nickname is Rennesme because she is my favorite charactor in the best book series ever. Shes my fav caractor  'cause she brings everyone back together. Even though shes only in Breaking Dawn for a little while she still makes a big differense!<3