Hedwig-

by teacher: Professor McGonagall

Article posted April 15, 2009 at 10:14 PM GMT • comment (11) • Reads 606

Spring Break

By Swindle

Spring break I didn’t go anywhere exciding, but I went to a really cool park. On Monday, my brother, my sister, and I went climbing on the gigantic rocks. The rocks were right off the water. I fell into the ocean and got really WET! The water was cold but it was really fun. I went climbing again and almost fell in but I caught myself. After a little bit we went on some other trails and found some other cool structures of the same rocks. I went a little farther down than my family and found some baby muscles. They weren’t big enough to eat but it was amazing that I found some in the first place. When we left I was really super tired and ready to fall asleep. To my disadvantage we went hiking by a lake. It was almost 2 MILES until we got to the lake. I barely made it. But when I got there I thought it was really ugly and plaid. I was furious at my mom but she seemed to be happy so I didn’t explode until I got home.

On Tuesday, we went to an indoor pool that my brother had been dying to go to weeks before. It was really boring until my friend and her mom came. She brought tons and tons of stuff to play with. My favorite was a monkey noodle. It was brown with a monkey on the back holding a banana. We were at the pool for hours. When it was time to go we were saying bye and the moms had a surprise for us. I was going to have a sleepover at her house! We made our own personal pizzas and went to dairy queen and got blizzards, I got an Oreo cookie blizzard. When we got back to her house we watched Mean Girls. Then we played truth or dare. At 3:00 am we fell asleep. At 8:00 we got up. I had to go home.

For the rest of Wednesday was a blur. We went to another park but this was a different one. It had a lot of trail to go hiking and biking. To my luck my mom wanted to go hiking, but my dad wasn’t there yet so my neighbor, my brother and I went biking. While my mom was getting my biking my brother started down the trail. The very beginning was a hill. It wasn’t too steep but steep enough for my brother to have a hard time getting down. Before my mom had my bike out my brother was staring down the hill. Next to the hill was a river that was over flowing at the time. At the very end of the trail my brother started to turn towards the river. I started sprinting for him. Luckily I got him before he fell into the river. That was the end of the day for us. When we got home I fell asleep right away and right through dinner.

On Thursday, I slept through half of it. At 1:00 pm I woke up. I went into my hot tub in my back yard. I was in there for an hour and a half. When I got back inside I ate lunch, after lunch I fell back asleep.

When I woke up on Friday, my sister had soccer practice. We were shopping for stuff to go in my room. First we went to target and I found an alarm clock, desk chair, and a lamp. After my sister’s soccer practice we went home and found a place to put all our new stuff. That took a while. When we were done it was time for dinner. After dinner we went to bed because we had early soccer games in the morning.

On Saturday, We all had soccer games. My sister’s was boring, my brother’s was interesting, but mine was plain old tiring. There was only 1 SUB! I was only out once. We won 2 to 1. We were against Ferndale. It was kind of easy game. When we got home it was off to bed again because tomorrow was Easter.

On Sunday, First thing in the morning I was at Church. There was so many people there we had to sit on the floor, but we were in the front. After church we went to my mom’s friend’s house. A couple minutes after we got there my shin started hurting. My dad thought I was faking but after 20 minutes he knew that it hurt. We rushed home and put ice on it but that only hurt more. When we put heat on it felt a lot better. I was in a hurry to get to sleep.

That’s the end of my spring break

Article posted April 15, 2009 at 09:52 PM GMT • comment (8) • Reads 166

Spring break

During spring break I went to Arizona. WE WAITED TO GO ON THE PLANE. WE GOT ON 5, 4,3,2,1 ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM WE WERE OFF THEN I FELL ASLEEP.

Finally after three hours we landed and got our stuff but my aunt Wendy lost her bag and she still hasn’t got it back so that sucks for her. Anyway so we got a rental car and went to the hotel called Scottsdale cottonwood and we stayed in the pool all day and we had dinner with my cousin dutin and his wife tiffany and my grandpa’s brother in law lance oh and Dustin’s son Ben he’s 8 months old and then went to the hotel and went to sleep.

In the morning we got ready and drove to the Grand Canyon it took two hours but it was worth it. The Grand Canyon was huge we had to go on a bus at different stops to see the whole thing and it takes 7 hours to do the tour. We only went to 5 stops because it started to snow and we couldn’t see it because of the clouds, but I took lots of pics. After that we drove to the hotel and on the way we got caught in a blizzard and in flagstaff it stopped snowing and in saudona there was a little bit of snow and we were driving to Scottsdale and there was all of a sudden no snow and it was hot outside. And we got to the hotel and went to bed.

The next day we went to a different hotel called The Saudona Rouge and it was really nice. And we spent the day in the pool except for in the morning we went for a walk on a little trail and took more pics. And in the morning we went to a zoo called out of Africa and we went on a tour bus and the bus driver gave us little treats and a giraffe stuck his head in the bus oh and there wasn’t any windows they were just holes and we got to feed the giraffe 3 different ways in your fingers, hands or in between your lips. I fed him in my fingers. We saw lots of African animals it was fun. The second to last day we went to the Westin hotel it had a pool with a lazy river and a slide it was the best pool. The last day we were in the pool the whole time before the plane and when we got home in Seattle oh I forgot the second to last day we went shopping for souvenirs and dog bones for our dogs.                             THE   END       

Article posted April 14, 2009 at 09:57 PM GMT • comment (9) • Reads 163

Hi bloggers around the world! Its Lyra here back from spring break and I’m going to tell you about it!

The first thing I did was I went to a McDonalds in our town and ate lunch outside it was one of our sunny days here. Then I went shopping at an awesome clothes and shoes shop w/ my sister and Nana. There I bought four dresses, 1 outfit and 2 pairs of shoes. I had a blast my Nana was going to get me ONE dress and ONE pair of shoes but she spoils me so much she got me a lot. My sister got some really cute clothes to. When we got back to our Nana’s house it was about 2:00 and we were staying the night there so we played outside until dinner then after dinner we watched some TV until about 8:00. Then for dessert we had gram crackers, chocolate and marsh mellows or your perfect homemade smores. They were really good I had lots of fun making smores. 

The next fun thing I did was I had Easter I woke up and my family and me looked for eggs. Later that day we went to my Nana’s house and looked for eggs there it was really fun and that is what I did at spring break.

BYE!!!       

Article posted April 16, 2009 at 10:14 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 262

This is what I did over spring brake. First I visited my aunt and uncle in Organ it was fun and HOT. The best part of visiting them is I met two new friends and they had a zip line it was like 10 feet in the air and 15 feet long. Then I visited my other aunt at cannon beach that was so much fun=http://!!! But that was not the last thing I did I also I went to Stevens pas it was fun but it got clawdy so you cadent see in front of you but it was fun I also met to new friends one of them broke there ski one a run called big chief it was not pretty. Will that is what I did on spring brake.

By ponebone.

Article posted April 14, 2009 at 10:02 PM GMT • comment (11) • Reads 110

Spring Break

By Bex

My Spring break this year was okay, but it could have been better. I did visit one friend, and spent the night at her house. We did air hockey and played guitar hero. For most of the time I just sat around at home, watching TV, like the discovery channel, we only have channels up to 30. Or I would go on the computer, on computer I would webkinz, check my e-mail, and do roller coaster tycoon. But I did re-organize my room. I got a desk in there (finally, it is hard doing your homework on the floor) and I turned my bed the other way. I also got my friends bed out of my room and into our office, since my friend had been living with me for a few months.

Brother and me had a rubber band fight. He taught me how to fire a rubber band, with it looking like a gun. You wrap a rubber band around your pinkie, and then you hook it onto your pointer finger. Then you release your pinkie, and the rubber band flies. Soon it got boring though.

On Easter, I got a giant chocolate hollow bunny, along with a small not hollow, chocolate bunny. And all the other typical things you get in your Easter basket. I also did an Easter egg hunt, right in my house. I got $11.00 exactly. So did my brother. Now I have $46.00. For Easter dinner we had Turkey, Perogies (a polish dish), buns, and carrots. I was dreading going back to school on Monday, but now it is not that bad. Bye for now!

Spring break

I will tell you some things I did during spring break. One of these things is biking. Another one is snowboarding. I hope you in joy this piece of writing. If you don’t that is to bad.

This is the paragraph about biking. One of the things that I did on my bike was go to the bike park it was fun my dad even tried it I thought he was going to fall. The next day was a Thursday and we went to the bmx bike slope style park. Then we went on trials. 

Have you ever snowboarded if you haven’t you should try it, it is fun. Stevens pass is one of the best mountains but it is far away from my house. Another mountain by me only has 7 chairs Stevens has 9 and two are high speed. Stevens pass also has about 20 acres of terrain park the other mountain only has one acre. Stevens also has two half pipes. My dad and me are going to by next year.

Now you have herded me story.            

Article posted April 15, 2009 at 10:03 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 94

Spring break

During spring break I went to Vancouver and went to see the science museum or something I can’t really remember what It’s name was so I’ll just say that but most of the time I just stayed home and one time me and my brother were having a pine cone fight during spring break and we were throwing pine cones at each other and when we went inside we were soaked and we stayed inside and played video games all day huh here we go on the long journey me and my friends were going and having war and we kicked butt suddenly there was a terrible war even worse than world war 2 ( okay maybe that was a little big) well it was big so we climbed on top of roof’s of waldorfs playground  and threw stuff  at each other we almost died wah that was patetic so that was my spring break.

Article posted April 14, 2009 at 10:11 PM GMT • comment (10) • Reads 116

-Spring break

By Annabel Green

This spring break was very fun. I spent most of my spring break spending time with my family and friends and I also spent a lot of time dancing. This is my spring break. On the first day of spring break (on Saturday) Arwen came over to my house. Outside was very,very hot out. When she got there. We scrapbooked for about one hour. I did a scrapbook page on when I was little at the zoo and Arwen just put pictures of her and her family on different pages, put glitter and cool paper on the pages to. After that we played out side on a very cool swing thing. After a while we were getting bored so we walked down to Reepicheep's house (Which is just down the street) and asked if she could play. She could. When we got back to my house we wanted to get wet. We asked my mom if we could wash her car. Of course she wanted us to. My mom put soap in a bucket and got to hose out. We had a water war. When we were done, we went in my hot tub. There we played truth or dare. Soon Arwen’s mom came and picked up arwen. When she was gone I walked reepicheep home. After that I just played outside and went to my brothers sport practices.

The next two days were quiet sunny. On Monday I went to dance. I was practicing for my part in Swan Lake. One Tuesday I went over to my friends house. Her name in bailey. When I was over there we went on a bike ride and played on the computers. At about 5 o’clock p.m. I got a call saying that I was going to spend the night. I was happy. We played more and at about 6 o’clock p.m. we had KFC. Later that night we watched the movie blades of glory. The next day it was rainy and gray. At about 9:30 a.m. my mom picked me up. On wed. it was still rainy so I stayed home and read a book. The next day I played with my brother and I went to dance. On Friday my dad came home from work (he works out of town) we spent time together and watched a lot of movies. That night we watched ‘Yes Man’. In the morning my dad was cleaning his car, so I watch a movie. When I was done I played outside and watched my sister. Later I went to my moms work. That night we painted eggs. on Easter morning we had a egg hunt. We went to church and when we got home we had lunch and I played in my room. And then the next day I went to school.

Article posted April 15, 2009 at 09:44 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 120

My Spring Break

By: Pikachu

Hello. It’s me Pikachu from Dragonville. I’m here to tell you about my Spring Break.       I didn’t do much. But I did do some stuff. I’m here to tell you what I did.

Family: My Grandma came over. And she took us bowling. And stayed for awhile until she left to go back home. She adopted some children she has to take care of.

Bowling: My grandma took me bowling. We had to take my 8 year old cousin with us. She got really annoying. -_-“ But Me and her tied in score. (I’m not very good at bowling. ^_^”)

My mom: My mom had a seizure and went to the hospital. She only went for a check-up. So that’s good I guess. ^_^

Soccer game: My soccer had a soccer game and we won! Yay! We won 2 to 1. Yay! We won! ^_^

This spring break I went to Wolf Haven. The thing is the wolves are real and they all have really cool names. My favorite name belongs to a coyote named Os that means left eye in metical term. The coyote lost his left eye when he was hit by a car. Oh why did some one make wolf haven? Well I can tell you! Once there was a man that had a baby wolf. Well as you know the wolf did grow and the man could not take care of the wolf any longer! Sooo the man made a wolf haven and took in every ones wolf that had the same problem as him. That is how wolf haven came to be! The end!!! Well I think that’s how it goes.

This Easter I woke up and got to my basket. I got a lot of things… I got candy, chocolate bunny and egg that was so beautiful I didn’t want to eat it but it tasted so good, I also got a DS game, and I got a webkinz horse and I named her Megan and she is cute!      

Article posted April 20, 2009 at 09:47 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 148

My spring break

By: Squirtle

My spring break started with going to the airport at night, so we could fly out to see my dad in Virgina the drive only took about 2 hours. Plus, it seems as if we took a different route this time.

When my sister, mom, and I got to the airport, we had to go through security and stuff. I thought most airports didn’t make kids go through!!!!

So when we are on the plane, I get to sit next to my mom. My sister doesn’t She sits in the MIDDLE row. That’s right, there are 3 rows.

It was the more long flight. So at the crack of dawn, we got on our half-hour flight.

Then, after the half-hour flight, we went to our rental car and drove off from Greensboro airport to the city of Roanoke.

Our dad was waiting outside for us. We waited for our mom to park the rental car, me and my sister were still in pajamas and it was the middle of the after noon, hot and sunny. I ran up to my dad and hugged him. Then my sister got a turn. Then my dad’s friend came out of the house and we hugged him.

The next day we went out for lunch and a movie. Monsters vs. Aliens, It was really funny. But we were sitting to close to the screen so I got really dizzy. And my dad lost my cell phone there so on 4-20-09 he is getting me a new one.

We went to see the big lighted star that night too. But It was really windy up there, if you blew over the edge you would roll for miles and into an intersection down in the bottom of the town. But it was pretty and big. Roanoke is known as “ the star city “ for this big night – lighten star. Oh yeah we had a water balloon war too. Awesome

The next day we. Played at home, but at night we set off for a water park. We stayed at a hotel and then in the morning we set off again. It was really fun it has a surf machine and an enter tubing river and lots of fun stuff. I made a friend there, we went in the enter tube river in the double tubes. They let triple enter tubes on a certain water slide that almost has a drop it is so steep and long. There is an arcade to where you can use a swipe card OR tokens. I ya ya.

We drove back that night but I kinda got sick. Aww.

The next day we went to the airport, we were so late we had to have our stuff gate checked. That’s REAL late, my and my sis were supposed to fly alone. So instead of getting on first we were last.

I think the flight attendat KNEW our captains might have no been the best. But they did a pretty good job. Maybe it was just turbulence rocking us so much….

Then soon after we got on the next plane. It was long but a nice man sat next to us, and hwen we saw our mom, we where ok.

Article posted April 16, 2009 at 10:12 PM GMT • comment (8) • Reads 123

Hi world! (Again)

This is Hedwig. (Again)But for a change, I’m gonna (I know, I know, gonna’s not a word…) tell you ALL about my spring break. PROF. MCG MADE ME! On the first day of break- Geez, this was a while ago- it was Friday and I just hung out in my house, happy that it was break. OH! How about I write it like this!

Friday- Lazed around the house, occasionally getting up to go to the bathroom or something like that. Well, I actually went outside for an hour and played with my neighbors…

Saturday- I can honestly say that I don’t remember anything I did-OH! I had my friend came over on…Friday! (Sorry, forgot to mention that) We had a sleepover! She brought her laptop over and we stayed up until 3:00 am (So, we were up until Saturday) But that was a bad idea, because in the morning, at like 9:00, (am, of course) we had to take my brother to his soccer game, ugh! We were pretty tired. (That’s what 6 hours of sleep does to you) Then we went to the Antique Mall, cool place! We didn’t get anything, but liked it anyway. We then went on a walk down to a beautiful beach. I spotted two snakes, cool! We went geocaching (read this blog to hear all about that-GEOCACHING!) but, alas, we found but nothing. Finally, we headed home to eat snacks and play on the laptop, (YouTube, Paint, Webkinz...etc.) what a fun day!

Sunday-My friend went home that morning, because my grandparents came up! They’re my mom’s parents. My grandma taught me how to crochet and brought me some clothes that her friend’s granddaughter had grown out of. Then, we went to a small island! (Prof. McG.’s orders: I don’t tell you WHAT island…) We drove all around it! (Well, all of the places that we could, anyway.) We drove to the ferry terminal and there we played on a beach. The beach was right next to the ferry terminal, so we could walk down easily after we parked. The ferry ride was short, less than 20 minutes. We drove for a while on the island, looking for beaches that WEREN’T private. We finally found one that was the property of a small white church. Ya know what? I think you aren’t even reading this! So, I’m going to try out a trick from the book, Trial By Journal. I’m gonna BLAH BLAH BLAH in the middle of some random sentence. Back to the church beach. There was a long fleet of stairs that led us down to the beach. (Ugh, walking up was no fun!) There my mom and grandma found some seashells that smelled like, pinch your nose, poo! EWW! I found a rock there that I cracked into three pieces. I’ll try to post a picture of BLAH BLAH BLAH them. It was all sparkly on the inside. Sparkly and a light creamy orange, that would describe it. When we left, my hands smell like…the poo shell. BLECH! We passed some llamas on the way back, that was cool! We ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant, (Again, Prof. McG.’s orders: I don’t tell you WHAT restaurant…) except my brothers kept messing around. Sigh. That was a LLLOOONNNGGG, (Yet FUN!) day!

Monday- On Monday, I went to two parks! One was…oh yeah, not supposed to tell you. At that park we played with bubbles and a Frisbee there. We also sat and watched the waves crash against the rock, but most just played Frisbee. (And watched out for geese poo.) I saw an otter! Cool, huh? We had a small snack and then headed to the second park. (Which I’m SO sorry I can’t remember!) My mom stopped at a place where they BLAH BLAH BLAH sell bagels. She got one of each type. They were for tomorrow!

Tuesday- Tuesday was a stay-home day. (Mostly.) At the beginning of the day, I played on webkinz and messed around on the computer. Then I felt an urge to earn some money. I asked my mom for some ideas. She said I could put away all of the laundry for $10. But, I also had to sort and fold it. Even my BROTHERS! It was a dull process. I put on some music and tried to cheer up. My mom interrupted me in the middle of my process. She said she needed to run to the store to buy some things and asked if I wanted to come. Of course I did! We had fun and I persuaded her to get a placemat with all of the presidents on it! When I got back, I had to finished that load of laundry. I said I’d do another load of laundry for an extra two dollars. She said yes. So, I had earned some more money! That was Tuesday!

Wednesday-Wednesday was another LLLOOONNNGGG day. We went on a SIX MILE (and a half) HIKE! I know, amazing, right? We walked right up close to a lake. (Again, Prof. McG.’s orders: I don’t tell you WHAT lake…) It was beautiful! The hike absolutely KILLED my legs. But the scenery made it all worth it. There were baby butterflies fluttering around in the sunny spots. They were the first of many, I suppose. There were some cascades and even a waterfall! The waterfall was amazing! It sparkled in the sun. We stopped at 2 ½ miles and had lunch…the bagels! The thing that stinks is that It’s not like it was a loop, where it’s easy to loop all the way around, it just makes an abrupt stop 3 ¼ miles through. So we had turn back. We hiked ALL THE WAY BACK! At least it wasn’t serious hiking, like at an upwards angle the whole way. Nah, it was flat. At the end, we stopped at the 1 mile marker. There was a beach that headed off the trail. One bad thing is that my two dopey brothers got in a fight. My older brother actually pushed my younger brother into the lake…I could barely stand it on my feet! Luckily, it was only waist high, not REALLY deep. Well, my brother had a fit. THEN he tried to push my older brother into the lake. It backfired and he went in head-first. A not-so-good ending to a great day!

Thursday- Another hike around a lake. We hiked a round a small lake, 2.5 miles long, I think. But this time my mom let me ride my bike! It was pretty fun. My little brother was allowed to ride his bike, too. Only 0.5 miles in, my brother’s chain fell off. He had walk the bike around the rest of the lake! I felt pretty bad for him. We stopped at a couple of docks on the way around. My older brother threatened to push me in at one, but I knew that was just a dumb joke. My little brother tried to ride down a hill, not a good idea. He fell and skinned his leg. That night my grandparents came down to watch a new show with us…Harper’s Island. I was only allowed to watch 15 minutes of it. It was after all a murder mystery and someone died within the first 10 minutes! Anyway, my grandparents brought a big jar of jellybeans! Yum! That was the end of my Thursday.

Friday-LAZY DAY! We stayed home all day because my dad went to school. (He’s trying to get a better job.) I mostly lazed around eating jellybeans and playing on the computer. I occasionally got up to go to the bathroom and stuff, but mostly just lazed around. My friend asked me if I wanted to go to the mall with her, but my mom said no. Hmm…oh yeah! We (me and my brother) played outside for awhile with our neighbors. That was fun. And um…yeah. That’s about it.

Saturday- BLECH! First thing I do is go to my brother’s soccer game. It took FOREVER! At least I got my dad to get me hot chocolate! After his game, we went to Fred Meyers. There I cut 5 inches off my hair and you can barely tell! Well, when I was getting my haircut, guess who walked in! My friend! My friend who came over LAST Friday. She was surprised, too. Apparently her mom had bumped into my dad in the store and he told her I was getting my haircut. My friend didn’t hear that, so my mom sent her to the haircutting place, saying the thing she was supposed to be looking for was BLAH BLAH BLAH pretty obvious. We chatted for a while, and then it was time to go home. When we got home, my dad boiled some eggs. Woo, hoo! Easter Egg dying! That was fun! My mom bought some glitter that you dipped the eggs in. I made six. After that, we went and played with our neighbors on their trampoline.

Sunday-EASTER! When I got up it was 6:30. I woke up so early because I was excited to get to the candy. I got Robin Eggs, (colorful malt balls) a big chocolate Easter bunny, Peeps and a ton of Starburst jellybeans. Oh yeah, and the Turkey Eggs. SO +GROSS+! = SO GROSS! They’re basically giant marshmallow filled jellybeans. I had one and almost threw up. Well, I dressed up in a pink Easter dress. I normally HATE dresses, but this one was pretty. Since no one else was up yet, I ate some candy and went on the computer. After that I just hung out waiting for the Easter egg hung to begin! My neighbors, (Diagonal and next to us), came to our BLAH BLAH BLAH house at eleven and we waited while the adults hid the eggs. Finally, they were done. I ran up and down, looking for eggs. I found…15 total. 5 were filled and plastic. 4 were empty and plastic and 6 were hardboiled. There was one egg that I found a dollar in, PLUS a candy! That one was cool. Then our neighbors stayed at our house, playing hide-and-go-seek, video games, watching movies and going on the computer! I was sad when they left. It was finally time for bed. I admit, I snuck some candy into my room and ate it while reading my book. What a perfect end to Spring Break!

Well, did you like it? I know I said BLAH BLAH BLAH a lot, but that was to check if you were actually reading it. Then again, I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t want to read the WHOLE THING. I mean, total it’s 1,861 words! That’s A LOT! If you actually DID read the WHOLE THING, thanks! I worked hard on it, you know. I asked my parents to refresh my memory and whatnot. Okay, now I’m just trying to get 2,000 words. So far I have 1,831. Hey! Maybe I could tell you all about my kitten! Oh, never mind. I’m soooo desperate to get 2,000 words it’s scary! Oh, well. Maybe next time, bye!

Hedwig

Article posted April 15, 2009 at 09:27 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 83

Spring break

On spring break my mom had a baby!!! It is a boy. He is really cute. He was born on April 9 2009. But that’s not all.

I went to Annabel greens house and reepicheep was there too. It was so fun. We first did scrap booking then we played outside because it was 70 degrees out. After that we washed Annabel’s mom’s car. Well kind of washed her car. It ended up to be a huge water fight it was so fun!!! After that we went in the hot tub even know it was 70 degrees out. Before we went in the hot tub we set a tub of cold water. So then we got in the hot tub!!! It felt good in a way and it felt to hot in a way. We decided to play a game so we played truth or dare. But we did not play the bad way. So it was my turn to truth or dare someone so I dared Annabel green to dip an apple in ranch and eat it. So she did.

So that’s that. Now you know my spring break!!!            

Most of the best stories in the world start with “Once upon a time.” Blah blah blah. Not this one.

Most of the best stories in the world start with “Once upon One cold dark December morning a boy woke up and looked out his window. It had been hot and dry the past month and people were losing hope of water. To his surprise snow covered the lawn trees looked as big as snowmen and kids running around the park across the street from his house.

Well the boy looked outside and there was a big frozen pond in his yard. And on that pond a peculiar statue was in the center of the pond.

A Statue the boy said.

A statue his parents agreed.

A pond his grandma exclaimed.

Also the town only ate fish so after the boy got up and went outside he tried to go near the catfish statue but when he got near the statue he heard a voice saying…

In times of trouble

The cat will swim

And resume time

To how it’s been

So the boy went back to his house and pondered over what he had heard.

The days were dragging into weeks and weeks into months the towns supply of fish dwindling to a scarce amount.

The people would discuss and get more and more worried as the cold and clouds didn’t go away.

And for those months the boy was telling the people about what he heard. “The boy was dreaming.” Mr. Write explained. “Well no one else has dared to go close to the statue.”

So over the months people started to realize the statue was getting bigger and bigger. So the townspeople started putting and throwing stuff in front of it like fish food, cat food and all sorts of other stuff.

But nothing happened.

One day a little girl who was very hungry came up to the edge of the ice and started to walk forward and the ice didn’t crack. So she walked up to the statue and touched it. The clouds cleared the sky and the sun came out.

It melted all the ice and when that happened there was so much ice that a lake formed and washed away the statue. Then fish started appearing in the water and the townspeople cried and cheered for the little girl who saved the town.

So after that there was an annual catfish day honoring what happened that day.

Sincerely, Torres9

Article posted April 13, 2009 at 05:10 PM GMT • comment (9) • Reads 93

Spring Break Fun

I am back from spring break and ready to tell you about it. So hold on and get ready.I went to whistler for spring break so I am going to tell you about it.

DAY 1

I went up there for 4 days and 3 night's we where skiing for 3 days and i went of the biggest jump i had ever went off in the medium terrain park on the first day. we went off huge box's and jumps it was really fun because we went to the terrain park about 5 times a day.

We went on some okay tree runs except the second one because we had to take off are ski's and jump off a clif with rocks coming out of the side of it. Then we went down another tree run which was more fun but harder. I love tree runs a lot.

Also the lunch was fabulous I had a powerade and a huge piece of pizza. My dad and his freind had salads and who knows what else. My 2 other freinds had pasta and fries. And my other freind had a piece of pizza like me.

DAY 2

We where back on the trails early for another fun day of skiing we started off at the terrain park because no on ewent there yet and it was just groomed. we went there a couple more times. then when my freind went off a box and fell but I was after him and got so much speed I went over him.

Then we went back over to the middle lodge on blackcomb mountain. I had a cheeseburger with bacon and cheese. Also I had a fruit cup and a choclate milk. My dad and his freinds had the same thing as last time i think that would be really weird. But thats just my opinion. My freinds had the exact same thing to. Gross...

Finally the car ride home was really long but really fun because we went through vancouver and I saw a ferrari on the way back. We stopped at White Spot. We had a great time over spring break. I had and ice cream with lunch it was delicous.

So that was my spring break writing and there will be more to come before school ends. Not the spring break writing. Different stuff but you will have to wait for me to write those. I know the suspense must be crazy... to bad.

-Torres9

Article posted April 14, 2009 at 09:58 PM GMT • comment (12) • Reads 114

Spring break

For spring break I was practically at my house the whole time. But I did do some fun stuff. Well one first fun thing was Easter!! My cousin Alice and her family came to my house for Easter they got a wii for Easter so they brought their wii. We played bowling and I won an all games, but I found out I’m really bad at tennis! That’s practically all I did for Easter but I did do an egg hunt and I did it outside! It was raining. Also I hanged out with my grandma and my sister and her baby. Well that’s all I did for my spring break hope you in joy my spring break=http://

Article posted April 16, 2009 at 10:03 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 280

My spring break was not one of my best. On Saturday my big brother and I were playing on a rope swing that my big brother made the last weekend. And on his tern the rope snapped. So the rest of the day I was helping my dad clean the hot tub. But we not do a full cleaning. The next day me dad got cleaning chemicals to clean the hot tub but he added to much chlorine and I am allergic to chlorine so I got a rash when I got in the hot tub.

But it was not all bad. I went biking and I got $10 because mom cut my hair in to a buzz cut so I went to the market and got candy. Most of the time I was on Microsoft flight simulator practicing my landings. And I made a flight from Honolulu INR to Hawaii INR. So all in all I had a good spring break. 

Spring break

By: SmileyBone

Spring break was a blast of excitement. When I was at Yellowstone National Park I went to a mountain side. But when I got there I saw nothing but trees and the mountain side. I started to walk away when out of nowhere a grizzly bear was right in front of me. It started to walk side to side stopping through paces looking around then going on walking. After a four hour walk around and back to the car we went to the airport to come back to Washington. Then in the middle of a three hour drive I fell asleep. Then almost at the end of the drive I was awaken to a wonderful site. Five adult deer and two fawns walking across the street. They went on with their businesses eating grass and protecting their young. When I got inside I slipped on an egg, fell down the stairs, and got covered with my dog’s slobber. It was a tiring week but it passed by. That was a great spring break ever. But I’m guessing not.         

Article posted April 15, 2009 at 09:42 PM GMT • comment (7) • Reads 124

SPRING BREAK

Here are the things I did during spring break. Well I guess the first weekend does not count but it does to me so I will start. My select soccer team lost 4 to 1 but the reason we always lose to those guys is because 95% of there team are taller than my mom. And 90% percent of my team is smaller than the cabinet door in my class room where we put our bags. But don’t  think I’m one of the small kids, I’m one of tallest kids on my team that’s why I dominate when we do defensive drills in practice.

So after that I went to the referee shack to sing in for the 4 games I had that day. See lately this year I have been refereeing  games because I’m old enough to do now. It’s a good deal because you get 7.20 per game and right now I have made 72 dollars. So far for this Saturday I have 2 games but I asked for 2 more because then I will be at $100. So after I was done with my games I got into my moms car to go home. I almost forgot in my second game I was refereeing my friends little brother and on the kick off he kicked it all the way into the goal without any one touching it so I said it was a re-kick but some grandpa rotting for the other team probley had a hard time herring  and he thought I said it was a goal so he started freaking out and said “ What the heck referee, that’s not a goal he cant do that!” So I said in a voice like I was yelling back “I know that’s what I said!”

So the rest of the week I didn’t really do any thing but hang out. I went to my select soccer practice on Monday and Wednesday.  I watched the Manchester United VS FC Porto on Wednesday and Liverpool FC VS Chelsea on Thursday. And on Friday I had to go see Hannah Montana The Movie because my sister is literally mental when it comes to Hannah Montana. And if you don’t believe me than go up to her with the cheapest, corniest shirt and she will start to scream for like 5 minutes. I’m starting to think my sister has been brain washing my 2 year old brother because he was dancing in the isle at the movie theater when Hannah Montana was singing The Hoedown Throw Down. And if Hannah Montana is such a good singer then why did she lip sing in the movie.

The next day was Saturday and I had 3 games to referee at 1:00, 2:20, and 3:40 but before that at 10:00 I had my select soccer team against the red team. We won the game 2 to 1 and now we my team is tied in 2nd place with the blue team and we have a game against the blue team this Saturday so if we win we will be in 2nd place. So after my game I went to the referee shack to sign in. I did not have any games for 2 hours so I just hung out in the shack for that time. After I refereed all my games I went home to watch the Sounders FC game. They lost 1 to 0 against the Kansans City Wizards. The reason they lost is because the best goalie in the usa of all Kasey Keller is the Sounders FC got a red card in the first half for using his hands out of the goal box. And their back up goalie was injured so they had to use there third goalie.

The next day was Easter and I was stinking excited. When I got up at 5:30 to find my Easter basket I couldn’t find it. I found every basket but mine. I locked every where so I started locking in the cabinets. When I came across the garbage can I found a Boom Box in the garbage. So I moved out the garbage and guess what I found… My Easter Basket. So I took it to the family room to open and I got. A CD, Scope for my nerf gun, poster, and of corse a Boom Box. So that’s pretty much my Spring Break.      

Article posted April 14, 2009 at 09:52 PM GMT • comment (11) • Reads 109

By: Reepicheep

On my spring break I did awesome stuff that I will tell you the things below:

On Monday I went to Annabel Green’s house and Arwen was there to. We washed her mom’s car and got each other wet, after awhile we stopped and got in her hot tub did truth or dare. Then we had to go home. The next day I had to go to a birthday party, and went swimming. On Wednesday I went to watch Bolt and got popcorn and candy. On Thursday I went to another birthday party and that birthday party was my sisters birthday party. On Friday I went shopping at the mall. On Saturday I had to watch both of my sisters soccer game and at 3:30 pm I had my soccer game, like only 4 or 3 teammates got hurt and one of them were me but the score was 2 1 the two was my teams score and the one was the loser team. On Sunday I went to church and after that I played at the park.

Article posted April 15, 2009 at 09:40 PM GMT • comment (13) • Reads 92

Spring Break 

I am go to tell you about what I did during spring break.

One day I just got out of school and then it was spring break! Once I got home I called my friend because he really wanted to go to the bike park. He said yes but he had to ask his mom she said yes too.

Once we picked him up we got his bike and I had my bike and went strait to the bike park. Him and me went strait to the jumps. But the jumps were ok but on the third jump there was a huge puddle in the middle of that jump. But I did not care. But there was a creepy guythat came to my friend and was knocking on his helmet and the we quickly to the skate park that was right across the bike park, then we started to bike but the bad thing is people at the skate park don’t like when there’s people at bike park that come and bike there. But they did not mind! On the third to the last day I went to roller balding place. I called my other friend to come with my but he was sick but I still went. It was open till 11: 00 and I go to stay till 11: 00! Once I got home I went to bed then on the next day I went to my cozens house I really like to go to my cozens house and I got to play on his computer. And his computer is a gaming computer so I got to play Counter Strike Source. And I got to spend the night there too! The last day it was Ester and we went out to Red lobster. And my eater present was Counter Shrike Source! And that’s my spring break story.                     

Article posted April 13, 2009 at 05:10 PM GMT • comment (9) • Reads 109

Kid Goes On Spring Break

Kid's story about his spring break.

What did you do to pass the time during spring break?

I mostly just went outside in my backyard and I looked around in my forest. Also, I rode my bike around the block for fun, to pass the time. When I wasn't outside, I was inside playing on my WII or going on the computer. Usually, I'm too lazy to go to my bed, so I slept mostly on the couch this spring break. It wasn't fun, but I didn't want to get up. But usually I wake up at about 2:00 a.m and then I go to bed. Not the couch this time.

So... Did you go anywhere this summer?

Nope, just stayed at home, unless the grocery store counts. Yeah, I went to the lake and I went for a walk. There are tennis courts there so I played tennis too. I also went to a sporting goods store to buy a tennis racket and tennis balls after i played tennis. Then, we went to a soccer store for my brother because he playes soccer. Then we went to a pizza resteraunt, the pizza was pretty good there! But my brother didn't feel so good after we left. But that's pretty much where i went during the spring break, and it was all in one day.

How do you feel now that spring break is over?

Well, it went pretty fast, and that was dissapointing, but it was spring break. Spring break is freaking out when it's almost over, but that's how it works for me! Well, not really, I just WISH that spring break wouldn't end. Spring break is better than winter break and summer break because it's never too cold and it's never too hot.

_

Spring break in Victoria BC

by:commander gree

First we drove to the canadian ferry boat terminal and we got on it was a shorter trip then I thought but they had the largest giftshoppe and arcade on ship I have ever seen. (shop in BC is spelled shoppe I dont know why). then we finaly got their and it was about a 30 minute drive to victoria and it was so COOL !!!. we drove by the Empress hotel and the parlement building.then we got to the hotel and wen wegot in our room it was cool we got the corner room. the next day we ust went swimming. the second day we went to a good place called crepes & cream and thay had the best crapes ever !!!. the third day we went to have high tea at the empress and it was very fancy. the third day we went out exploring downtown we went to this place called cherry bomb toys and it had all these collectables. the fourth day we went to some vendors at the harbor and i got some realy cool coins and the last day we went to the museum and thats my trip

Article posted April 14, 2009 at 09:27 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 115

Spring Break

By Alice

This spring break was very fun I went to a very special place were we got to spend time with my family and with my friends. I also got to go to a very special place with water.

Article posted April 15, 2009 at 09:58 PM GMT • comment (15) • Reads 223

Spring Break

By Alice

This spring break was very fun I went to a very special place were we got to spend time with my family and with my friends. I also got to go to a pool and it has a very big hot tub. Another thing I did this spring break is I got to play with my oldest sister and she doesn’t play that much especially with me. My sister’s birthday party was on the last weekend of spring break. At the end of spring break I went over to my cousin Tweetys house and we had a very sad Easter because my brother and sister had to get in trouble and didn’t get to play the wii but me and my cousin got to play the wii still. And I also got to watch movies with my mom. I also got a lot of candy because my mom was being nice the last weekend of spring break. And that’s how I ended my spring break.

%%widget-guessnumber%%