teacher: Professor McGonagall

Hi World Lyra here I'm going to tell you about my ne wsubject in math pollygons.  we are laerning about pollygons in math but not only that we are also learning about the angles and degrees first ill tell you about polly gons we are finding out about if it is a polly gon and angles we kind of just started so i cant tell you much about that but we have also been looking at cordinate grids and there is this fun car game on the front of my dragon blog that you can look at try it=http://bye!

In math we learned about coordinate grids. You must start at the X axes, then the Y axes. On the computer, we would enter the coordinates correctly to create a polygon. Example:     (-50, 40) to (-30, 20)

We would use setxy to create the lines that connect to the vertices. And jumpto to tell it where to start. Polygons can not have 2 or less sids. It must have only straight sides. None curved. It can't have any openings.

There are many types of triangles. There is scalene, right, equilateral, isosceles, obtuse, and acute. A right triangle, has one right angle. An obtuse has one angle larger than 90 degrees. A scalene has no equal sides. An isosceles has two equal sides. equilateral has three equal sides. An acute has one angle smaller than 90 degrees. Did I cover them all? Bye!

Bex

Article posted November 17, 2008 at 09:25 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 99

i know that when you turn your turtle 90* you turn you turtle straght up and we are learing about polygons in class and we are also learning about cordanites and useing cordaites to build polygons. i don't really get the *'s past 90*?

in class we are learning about polygons. polygons are shapes that only have staight lines and has to have 3 of more sides. a  hexagon is a polygon. we are learning how to put polygons on grids. we go on Geo-Leo. this is a computer promgram that teachs us about polygons and coordinate grids. different angles that make different Triangles or squares. now i will talk about The different kinds of triangles.

There are many different kinds on triangles that are different because of there sides and angles. if onw of the angles is 90 degrees than the traingle is called a right triangle. if all the sides are the same and all the angles are the same size than the triangle is called a Equilateral Triangle. if two of the sides are the same than it is called a isosceles triagngle. and the last kind is a scalene triangle which is a triangle that none of the sides are the same and none of the angles are the same.

and last  i will tell you about coordinate grids. coordinate grids are grids that have four different spaces. to tell the differents of the spaces is two lines one line is called the y. that is the line that runs up and down. the other line is called the x. this is the line that runs side to side. to know where things are there are different #'s run down the sides of the x and y lines. to find a place on the grid you have to read a set of #'s that look like this. [40,60]. the #'s are all different.

Bye!

Article posted November 11, 2008 at 12:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 146

As soon as Ralts got the egg, he spent every second with it!MespritEgg.png

One day when Ralts was waiting for his sister to come to their house for babysitting. But. That's when it happened! The egg started moving!

Ralts was shocked to find little tiny crack's in the egg!Ralts

Ralts screamed for Kirlia! And ten miles away, Kirlia was walking towards her house when her censor sensed Ralts's cry. That was when she saw a firetruck go the path she would  take to get to her house! She thought Ralts was in deep trouble! She had to beat the firetruck to the house! She just had to!

What if Ralts was burned on the floor?raltsThat slowed Kirlia to an almost complete stop. She then realized how far ahead the firetruck was in fron of her!That was when Kirlia really got a move on!Kirlia There the house was. Set on fire. Ralts screamed! " KIRLIA! HELP ME!" Kirlia stood in the fire as if she enjoyed the burning sensation.Blaze.gif Kirlia image by allyson_095

Then she headed in the house.

She found a sad little Ralts holding something. Ralts opened his eye's wide, tear's bawling out of them!Sad ralts" The egg hatched! It was SO destructive!"  Then Ralts fainted from loss of oxygen. Kirlia picked up the fainted Ralts and walked through the fire with him in her arm's like it was nothing!

It was when she got out of the fire that she saw a little pink Poke'mon holding on tightly to Ralts's arm tightly, eyes closed shut in fear. It was a Mesprit.MespritThes Kirlia said" It's all your's boy's!" She said facing the Squirtle Squad.

When Ralts awoke by his mother's side he blurted out " I DIDN'T DO IT! IT WAS THE MESPRIT. I-I-I-I-I-I-I- DIDNT DO IT!" Then he fainted again. That night Mesprit slept happily beside Ralts. Kirlia was jealous. She wanted a legendary Poke'mon to be her friend too! Her mom; Gardevoir appeared by her side. " How's he doing?" She said worried, but in a quiet voice. " He hasn't coughed once, and I can see his chest moving." " Good." Gardevoir took with a sigh of relief. Then a cool breeze came from a window in Ralts's room. " I thought I shut that window?" Said Gardevoir in an unusual expression. Then a light filled the room, and two odd shape's appeared in front of the window. It was Uxie and Azelf.UxieAzelf

TO BE CONTINUED...........................

Polygons:

POLYGONS have at least three sides. A triangle, square, and many other shapes are POLYGONS. POLYGONS don't have rounded edges. All POLYGONS have at least one type of ANGLE there are acute angles, obtuse angles, and right angles. I know ths is a late one! SORRY!

math for math we've been learning about degrees and angles its actualy sorta fun! and we go on the computer and go on this website thats called g.o. logo its sorta like a puzzle but with degrees and pionts and there is a little turtle that goes were ever you want it to like... [-50 70] or [40 -20] and [-10 90] but some times its really hard. where ever you go the turtle follows and its like a little marker so you can make polygons & triangles                                                                                                                                                                

What we have lately have been doing in math is.... COORDINATE GRIDS!  Sometimes we went to Geo logo and did these game whatevers. It's kinda fun. This one is polygons and coordinate grids. It was sorta ironic beacuse before we were doing poly gons in math. We recently started coordinate grids. Any way, we had this paper grid in ourblue math folders, we had to draw a polygons picture in them. Then we went to Geo logo and did the grid on the computer. It's kinda harder than it looks. Ok, so your this cutsie little turtle, and when the turtle moves, line come from behind it like tracks. That's what makes the polygons. now here's the hard part.  We had to look at our picture and see where it starts. Heres an example of what you type in the command center: jumpto [-30 10]

Then, you have to do setxy INSTEAD of jumpto. Then the next numbers. I didn't even finish my doggie polygon! it was hard enough drawing it! Think for a moment. What does a polygon have to have, and what can't it? The ear was hard. i hand to kinda go down and make a rectangle on the face with out a top. Then to day we did another verison. It was WAY harder. No coordinate grid. So we had to do left right and stuff. We started out with making a suare the na weird triangle. I was on my way to the last line of my square, i ran out of room in the command center. i made room, then some how screwed it up and i had to make the next to lines again! And it's so hard to get the lines staright! I  once again did not finish. At least I still think battle ship is still fun.

Your tree climbing and swimming friend, squirtle

Hey! Do you guys remember when you got a one of those boxes with a lid on top and you have to drop the shape in the right hole? Playing Battle ship? Playing with pattern blocks? Or when you first learned what a basic triangle is? Well, That's a good start, but theres more to it than that. Well, for starters, There isn't just the basic triangle, theres, a lot of diffrent kinds. yeah. Like scalene. my favourite kind is Acute.   then theres angles. Not angels. ANGLES. It's harder than you think.  And polygons aren't fun any more. They can't have any curves or openings for one thing. And theres coordanite grids, neagitives, positives x axis y axis.

Your tree climbing and swimming friend,  Squirtle

Article posted November 17, 2008 at 10:13 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 111

Hey there I am here to tell you about cordinate grids. Grids help you locate things such as on a map they use grids to locate things such as mountains. There are two axis's they are the x and y axis first comes x then y. We use a program called geo logo on geo logo we made polygons. We had to use crdinates to make polygons such as a square, triangle and rectangle. A grid has 4 sections there are nagitive numbers and normal numbers. Well I hope this helped you with grids! Next polygons are shapes such as squares, triangles, rectangle there is even one called a dodeckahedron. polygons are complicated they have things call vertices, and angles. Also triangles have 3 points and each point has an angle each triangle has 180 degrees total. If the triangle doesn't well... it isn't a triangle. And thats all I know about coordinate grids polygons and triangles.

-Torres9

in class we are learning about polygons. we have been drawing shapes that are polygons and we have been making polygons on a gride and finding the corndanets.in computer lab we have been playing a game called geo logo.here are a few lessons about polygons. one they have to have stright lines. two they can not be curved. and three they have to be conected.well that is all we have learned in class so far.

Article posted November 18, 2008 at 09:49 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 107

in class we are learning about triangles.right now we are doings games like drawing triangles on the a coordinate gride.and making our own triangles.there are  scalene triangles,isoseles triangles,equilateral triangles,and much more!! we are also learning about what angles they have.well that is all we have learned about triangles in class.

We are doing lots of fun things in math. We are learning about polygon. On the internet I like to play the turtle game.You type in cornets to make the turtle move to cerate a polygon. you tipe in codes to tell the turtle were to go to make it go forwerd you tipe in fd. ten the number you wont the turtle to move. to make the turtle tern rite you tipe in rt. to make the turtle tern left you tipe in lt.  jrunals. In those polygons are a shape that has 3 or more sides. triangles are polygons because thay have 3 sides. so that raps up my article about math and polygons.

Number coordinates can make a shape by connecting lines, each of those lines have small dots connected to them. These dots show the coordinates like [-40 30] It must connect to another line or else it won't work. If it dosen't connect, it wont become a shape, and your trying to find hidden shapes.                              TRIANGLES There are many types of triangles, Like the Scalene triangle or the Isoscoles triangle. (wow, big names huh?) Also, to be a triangle it does not have to have equal sides ( The Right Triangle does not have ALL equal sides, just TWO). But the triangle shape has to close, because it's a Polygon.

Polygons are shapes that have........

• straight lines (HAVE TO BE STRAIGHT)

•  They are closed shapes ( If they weren't closed, they wouldn't be polygons!)

• They are bot round like circles (Circles aren't polygons!)

We have been learning many different polygons. And how to make a polygon and what polygon's need. We made are polygon's on the computer. There is a turtle that can be moved to move it you have to type stuff to make your polygon. My polygon was a house it took a long time to make. And we have been also making triangles on the computer to. It is not as easy as it sounds because if you want go to the left you have to type lt 90 and it is the same if you want to go right.

Here is an article about coordinate grids and polygons. Polygons must have three sides or more to be a polygon. They also must be a closed figure. A few examples of polygons are: square, triangle, trapezoid, rhombus, rectangle octagon, and hexagon. There are a lot more polygons than I just explained. Poly gons are a very common shape. They are everywhere!

Coordinate grids can show where something is. If you draw a polygon on a coordinate grid, you could locate it by looking at it's position. A coordinate grid is kind of like a map. A coordinate grid is great! Next are different types of triangles. The isoceles triangle has two equal sides. The equilateral triangle has all even sides.

A right triangle has one right angle. That's all about polygons and coordinate grids!

A polygon can have any amount of sides but they have to be strait not curved and they also have to be closed.that is my article about polygons.