-

by teacher: Professor McGonagall

Article posted December 8, 2008 at 09:25 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 416

Dearest Dragons,

"I'm so excited to give you this next assignment," Prof. McG said with a twinkle and a sigh.

"Please write a short story--with dialogue...that means using quotation marks and paragraphs and describing how someone is talking," Prof. McG explained. "We'll start looking for good examples in our reading," she continued as she opened up her book. "And we'll see how we can use examples from our reading to make our writing better!" she exclaimed with a flourish that knocked her pointed hat right off her head.

Hee hee, I really can't wait!

Love, Prof. McG

1)”No” mom and dad shout at once.

2)’What if…” My voice trails off.

3)”You said that all ready” I murmured.

4)”That would be awesome.” I cry.

5)”Why not” I groan.

Dialogue of Twilight by stephenei Meyer

1. "No" i croaked [pg 450]

2. "How romantic a last letter, and do you think he will honor it" His voice was just a little harder now [pg 445]

3. "where indeed" i murmured [pg 215]

4. "H-how do you now my name" i stammered [pg 44]

5. "what are you going to do in phoenix" he asked her scathtingly. [pg 388]

What” she said in a frustrating voice “how can we possibly sneak out without permission, I think there’s cameras in our house”  “well we could go to my house my parents are really heavy sleepers, you could drop a rock on there bed and they wouldn’t know”. So Stella and Skyler Thought up all these crazy ideas to sneak out to meat there friends Abby and Brittany at a Christmas party, their parents wouldn’t let them go so they were trying to sneak out. “So what’s the deal, the Christmas party is tomorrow and we have to go find out if we can have a sleep over at your house because we can’t go to my house my parents would totally find out and freak,” said Stella she was freaking out  “ok I’ll ask” sighed Skyler. After school they went to ask their parents if they could have a sleepover. “they said yes”  cheered Skyler and so they went to the Christmas party and had a great time. The end               

5 dialogue descriptions from Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli.

1. "If you try to make me," he said "I'll just start running." Pg. 86 

2. "I know that," said Grayson, impatient, "but is theirs the same?  as ours?' Pg. 88

3. Grayson paused in the doorway.  He looked outinto the night. 'A baseball player," he said. Pg. 90 

4. Maniac beamed "oh man!  you kidding?  Mrs. Beale makes the best cakes in the world." Pg. 88

5.  "Not me." Grayson was edging for the door.  "I ain't got no story.  I ain't nobody.  I work at the park."  Pg. 89

Article posted December 9, 2008 at 08:34 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 109

#1 She   leaned close to me and whispered in my ear.pg 31.

#2 But it's true he saidsoftly.

#3 I said rolling my eyes.

#4 Uncle marv's booming voice.

#5 He lowered his deep voice nearly to a whisper.

Five dialogues from New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

1.       “What did I do wrong,” Charlie demanded.

2.       “Oh, c’mon,” I said, with an edge of hysteria in my voice. “I’m only eighteen.”

3.       He was suddenly right in my face, his fury glowing in his eyes. “For existing,” he hissed.

4.       “Not like that. I swear, they’re like hall monitors gone bad. They don’t start fights, they keep the peace.” He snorted.

5.       “Bella, turn around,” he growled.

“Alicia! Time to get up,” my mom called. I grudgingly rolled out of my bed and got changed. I’m not sure why she got me up. Today was Saturday. “Today is Aunt Lea’s wedding! I’m just so excited,” my mom squealed.    

“Already? I thought it was next week,” I grumbled. Aunt Lea never really liked me. I quite surprised she invited me to her wedding. Maybe my new Uncle would like me. Uncle Pat.

“Oh, it won’t be that bad. I’m sure Uncle Pat will be very nice. Aunt Lea will be happy to introduce you. I heard she was thinking of you staying at her place for a week so you could meet him. Oh, Aunt Lea is just so sweet,” my mom babbled. Aunt Lea mainly liked adults. She’d yap for hours with the same person. When she met any kid, she would wave hi. Then she’d just go on yapping with that same person. Aunt Lea didn’t even wave to me.

“Jessica! The coffee maker is broken,” my dad called.

“I’ll come in a second,” my mom muttered. “We will go shopping in a half an hour, for the dress. ‘Kay? Jeff…always is breaking things.” I hated dressing up. I can’t stand it. When my mom says “Oh! Look at that dress! That lace is just so cute! And the ruffles!” I just end up wherein black pants, white shirt, and a black sweater vest. I look just fine.

Just then my little brother Nate came hopping down stairs. Disturbing me from my train of thought.

“Alicia! Why did you get up so early! You woke me up,” Nate complained, slightly harsh. He seemed wide-awake considering I supposedly woke him up.

“Good morning Alicia,” my older sister Kirsten yawned. Apparently they had remembered about Aunt Lea’s wedding. Nate was all dressed and ready. He had gone shopping the night before.

This story was just mainly used for dialogue descriptors.

So it is un-finished.

Dialoue from Twilight  by, Stephenie Meyers

1. " You don't care if i'm a moster? If i'm not human" edward said in a dark voice

2."Does it matter" Jacbo said in a husky  voice

3."Seventeen" Edward answered promtly

4." He said we weren't Dangous?" his voice was deeply skeptical.

5. "Easy for you!" He amened, toching my nose with his fingertip.         

My mother drove me to the airport with the windows rolled down. We were in Paris on a sunny day. I was going to my best friend’s house for the summer. She lives in New York. I still sort of live there. See me and my mom travel everywhere. We own a house in New York, but we only go there two times a year. So I decided I would spend a month with my friends. Their names are Hannah, Penny and Martha. My name is Abby.

About 30 minutes latter I was on the plane to New York City. Most of the time on the plane I just read Breaking dawn By, Stephenie Meyers. For the other 20 minutes I was listening to “The River flows threw you”. Finally I got off the plane. Hannah and Penny were screaming when they first saw me. I was so happy to be with my best friends again. I ran to go hug them.

“I missed to soooooo much,” I said, half laughing half crying, “Where’s Martha?”

“Oh! She didn’t want to come” Penny whispered backing off me.

“ Why” I questioned

“ Oh she is different now,” Hannah said all most disappointed like she wished I had not brought it up, “ But Let’s not let that ruin out time together”

“Ok! Where 1st?” I asked, as we started walking to go get my things.

“ Well, There’s a new outlet mall on main street. But if you want to go drop you things off at my new apartment we can” Hannah said grabbing one of my suit cases.

To be continued

I almost cried so hard that my eyes would pop out.

“Mama?" Ralts cried.

All that he saw was a blue stone Gardevoir.I smiled. Even though I wasn't in the mood too. I danced around as if I WERE happy.

“Maylene! You did it!" I yelled as I twirled.

" Thank you! You are AWESOME!" I exclaimed.

Maylene seemed puzzled.

“You hated her didn't you? Did you, or didn't you?" Maylene said curiously.

Sorry mother I thought to myself. With a big gulp I said

“DUH! Of course I hated her!"

I turned around swiftly, and slapped myself in the face. Then automatically turned to Maylene. My goal was to earn Maylene's trust.

“Whoa!” Maylene said cautiously as a stern face swept over her once in a life time smile.

“Why do YOU hate MY sister?!” She snarled. 

When I saw her red eyes I turned terrified and ran around the room scared half death by her flaming red hot eyes.

“YOU LYING CHEAT!!” She screeched in a red hot fierce psychic fit.

(A psychic fit is when a psychic Pokémon looses all control over there powers and blast out into a rage.)

“You should’ve told ME the TRUTH! Little girl!!” Maylene thrusted her arm toward me as I stopped running.

The arm hit me straight in the back. I fell to the ground not knowing if I was going to see Ralts and my mother ever again. I felt a slight tear crawl down my face as Maylene burst into her wicked laugh.

This is my choice dialogue!

Motto: Were there is Pokémon there is love!

My dialogues are from a book called: Magic by the Lake. Written by: Edward Eager!

1.           “Pieces of eight” muttered Martha

2.           “Then let it be” Sparhatch said making the boat faster

3.           “Don’t be so familiar” said the captain glaring at Sparhatch haughtily.

4.           “ Maybe we can scuttle it with all hands” said Martha her eyes glowing

5.           All the pirates ran along after him with cries of “ MUTINY!”

Wonderful thanks to Edward Eager, Martha, Jane, Mark, and Katharine for a wonderful book series! Another book I have read from this series is called Half Magic.

-       Sincerely Pikachu of Dragonville

Dialogue discribed by :Janet Shaw . book : Kaya's escape

.1. "the hunt will soon be over" Kaya said one morning page 27

. 2.  "wait for me", Kaya whispered        

. 3. "toe- ta!", she cr                        

Dialouge from The Kid Who Became President By Dan Gutman. [Sequl to THE KID WHO RAN FOR PRESIDENT]

1. " No!" I screamed. "Don't!" Page 57

2. "Come on in Agent Doe!" I called. "The waters fine!" page 56

3. "you've got a hot line to the pizza parlor?" Luke marveled. page 60

4. " It's lovely" mom gushed page 30

5. "On the phone." I demanded. Page 32

, Your tree climbing and swimming friend, Squirtle

This is a story I hope you enjoy. Please notice all the dialogue.

If you play club penguin, you will understand most of the story.

The soccer pitch

It was a wonderful day in club penguin. We were at the soccer pitch. And by we I mean any one that would enjoy soccer that day. Few penguins say in the bleachers. And you could barley tell who was on which team. Not many penguins were wearing jerseys. I was a cheerleader with my puffle. That’s the pets there. I was in a blue cheerleader uniform. Me and puffle started dancing and cheering for blue. “From the East to the West, Red is the best!” Chanted a Red team cheerleader. So the rest of the Blue team cheerleaders tried to out cheer them. “One two three four! We couldn’t like blue nay more! Go blue!” I cheered.  “From the North to the South, Red is out! Ok just kidding.”

I shouted. Because I didn’t want to be insulting any penguin. “Red flames might be strong, But our blue water puts it out! Go blue!” I shouted joyfully. And then some one took red team’s cheer. “From the East to the West, Blue is the best!” shouted one of my team’s cheerleaders. Red team was not very happy. Soon, the game stopped. Why did you stooopppp???” I asked In an upset tone. After that the game ended. I wonder if red or Blue will have a team of their own. Their very own. Like their main cheer. I wonder. But it won’t be easy!

The end

Your tree climbing and swimming friend, Squirtle.

Article posted December 10, 2008 at 11:04 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 93

5 dialogue descriptors from Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.

1.       "I can do this." I sniffled. Pg. 243

2.       "Bella," he said in a suspiciously soothing voice. Pg. 410

3.       “You’re kidding!” He laughed. Pg. 483

4.       “Get inside, Bella. We have to hurry.” His voice was urgent. Pg. 391

5.       “I hope you haven’t been showing off-it’s rude.” She said with a sigh. Pg. 325                                                                                                                                                                                          

I was at Spanish class and my teacher was handing back our 500-word essay. She gave me mine with a smile and said warmly “You are a true learner when it comes to different languages.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Estrada.” I said, loud enough for everyone to here me. Lizzie rolled her eyes. I smiled. I loved it when I outshone perfect Lizzie Smithson. She was soooo bossy. I heard her whisper something like ‘show off’ to her friend Pearl.

Pearl Holly is just one of those pretty popular brats, I think you know the type. I wondered what she had scored. “Hey, Pearl, Lizzie, What did you get on the test?” I said snidely.

Lizzie looked at me with disgust. “Actually, I got an A-!” She said proudly, smiling her perfect smile. My jaw dropped. I couldn’t help it. That was only one grade behind me!

“Betcha you cheated!” I said angrily. “You could never do that well!” I said a bit too loud.

Everybody turned to face me. I blushed bright red and said in a small voice “Well, I do think that,” Mrs. Estrada turned to me. She looked furious.

“I have never been more disappointed in you, Ms. Johnson!” Mrs. Estrada said, her voice trembling with anger. I gulped. “You have never been this rude to anyone. Well, not that I know of. Ms. Holly, has Ms. Johnson ever done anything to you that made you feel bad?” She said, turning to Pearl with concern.

Pearl put on her pouty face screwed up her eyes. “Well, actually, she made me feel bad by saying that my new shoes are…are…ugly.” She whined. And with that, she dove her face into Lizzie’s arms and sobbed.

I had said nothing of the sort! “But…But…” I stuttered. I couldn’t believe what was happening.

“No buts!” Mrs. Estrada said harshly. “Principals office! Now!”

I tried my best not to cry as I walked down to the office. The secretary looked at me from behind her big computer monitor and said dully, “Copies again?” Of course she wouldn’t expect me to be visiting the principal! I was never in trouble!

“Um, no. It’s about this.” I mumbled, handing her the note with my teachers messy scrawl stating that needed to visit the principal. I looked down at my feet while she read it.

She looked at me with concerned surprise. “Are you sure this is for you?”

I gulped and slowly nodded my head. She sent me to the principal. He took one look at me and sighed. “I knew you would eventually visit me.”

Worst Day Ever!

Article posted December 9, 2008 at 08:34 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 92

5 dialogue descriptions from Twilight: By Stephenie Meyer.

1. "I need to cal Charlie and my mom." I realized through the haze. Page 459.

2. "But what did you tell her?" I panicked.

3. "Hey, Edward!" Alice called enthusiastically.

4. "Don't leave me." She cried.

5. 'I told you I don't want to go!" She exclaimed.

"Fred!" Drake called with sarcastic enthusiasm. As Fred walked in the door with his hands full.” Can you help me?" Fred asked with a tone of irritation.” I can but I don't fell like I need to work on my tan." Drake explained.(Oh and did I mention Fred and drake are turtles... ha ha woops.) "Are you going to give me a tour of the log?" Fred asked hopefully. "Um... sure my tan can wait." Drake replied.

5 years later...

"Almost to the bathroom it was an amazing leaf toilet." Drake said happily. "Um... okay a little weird but okay!" Fred observed.

Well i hope you liked my story.

-Torres9

Article posted December 9, 2008 at 08:34 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 68

5 dialogue of twilight by stephenie meyers

1. " You dont care if i am a monster? If im not human?" Edward says in a dark voice.

2. " Does it matter?"Jacob said in  a husky voice

3. "Seventeen" Edward answered promptly.

4. " He said we werent dangerous?" his voice was deeply skeptical.

5. "Easy for you!" he amended,touching my nose with his fingertip.

Article posted December 9, 2008 at 08:35 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 82

Ivy+Bean by Annie Barrows

1. "Okay,okay". Her mother sighed.pg.11

2.   "I'm going to wrap my fingers around your neck, too" .She howled in her spooky voice. pg  26

3.  "Yes, well ,Not yetBut I'm going to be a witch" Said Ivy, Her eyes glowing.pg. 43

4.   "It's nice". said bean politely pg. 44

5. "ME?!" yelped Bean. pg.48

Article posted December 10, 2008 at 05:43 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 88

While the hunters were out hunting Caribou, My freind and I sat by the campfire. We told creepy stories until my freinfd told the story of the White Wolf. "It only comes at a full moon, but when it finds people, Their spirits emerge together. The man then becomes a wolf and must face living in the wild". he said in his most terrifying, dark voice. That night, when I was laying in my tent, Iheard a rustle in I  the bushes. I sat up, too terrified to even speak. I grabbed my dad's rifle and went outside to investigate. When I aproached the bush,saw a white fluffy tail, I poked it. Then came out a terrified little racoon, he ran into the woods. I sighed with relief. Then I walked back to the campsite, But on the way I felt something was following me, something soft, It felt like........WOLF FUR!! I ran as fast as I could to The camp. I sat there talking and mumbling  myself to sleep. The next night, my freind and I sat at the campfire. Whenever I heard a rustle in the bushes I jumped, almost scared to death. "Whats wrong, why are you so finicky?" my freind asked Quietly. I didn't say, I just walked back to my tent, ashamed of myself. Then when everyone was asleep, I ran outside and whispered"White wolf, If you want me to be a wolf,make your own destiny come true." Then The spirit finnaly appeared. I touched it's soft, firm fur. It looked up at me with it's Peircing,Yellow eyes. It's eyes seemed to glow in the pitch blackness. I looked away from it's eyes, they were too creepy to stare into. I whispered to myself "How do I get myself out of this mess?" I looked Into his peircing,yellow eyes and touched the top of it's head, It seemed to enjoy it, like..... a giant puppy or something. He heard a noise and then ran off into the woods. I noticed he had a golden necklace around his neck, the sign on the necklace made me curious. Years after that I had almost forgot my encounter with the Mysterious white wolf when my mom and dad suprised me with a small white dog. It's collar had  the same print as the white wolf's necklace.... THE END

Article posted December 9, 2008 at 08:35 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 108

5 dialogues from The people of sparks by: Jeanne Duprau

1. "Are you the only doctor here?" Mrs. Mudo inquired. (pg.40)

2."Dinner!" shouted Torren. (pg.41)

3."No!"cried Torren. (pg.42)

4."This place needs work,"Doon whispered to his father. (pg.58)

5."You wrecked my shirt, too!" shouted Torren. (pg.66)

5 dialogue discriptors from Clementine, By:PennyPacker

1. Margret jumped out from under the sink.She looked at herself in the mirror and beganto cry again. "I got glue in my hair," she sobbed. "I was just trying tocut it out..."  (pg 6)

2. "Again!" he yelled. (pg 62)

3. " Brilliant!" my dad cried. (pg 78)

4. " That's ridiculous!" yelled Margret. (pg 70)

5. "Clementine!" she shouted. "What are you doing?' (pg 9)

The girl who was washed up on shore

By: Reepicheep

One day a girl was washed up on a beach. She woke up and found herself on a deserted island. “Where I am I?” she said confused. She sat on the sand and thought for a second. She started to remember, “I know where I am, I am on a deserted island” Amy cried. “Let’s see here what am I going to do?” Amy said thinking. Amy drew a plan to make herself live. “Here we go” she gathered: Banana’s, apples, pine apples, logs, twigs, and big leafs.” She built a boat and some food. She ate the food and started to push the boat and started staring the boat. On the way Amy saw another ship she thought it was a pirate ship. “Oh no” Amy cried out in a whisper voice. She got all the things ready for when the pirates came. She turned her boat invisible so the other boat would not see her. The other bout passed by, “few, I was worried” Amy cried in a relief. A month went by and she saw land. “Yes=http://=http://! I finally made it” Amy yelled out loud.

The End  

5 dialogue for flyte

1. "No!" said Septimus. "She" is no gone to Aunt Zelda's. She has been kidnapped." pg.77

2."Ouch!" Septimus yelled. pg.13

3. "No!" Septimus yelled back.pg 408

4 "Oh' shut up,"Junna muttered. pg 167

5 "don't do that!" shouted Marcia. pg 134

5 dialouge descriptions from a Week In The Woods by Andrew Clements

1. Mark looked at him blankly.pg. 47

2. "Exactly!" boomed Mr. Maxwell. pg 39

3. "Nice? How should I know?" he snapped. pg.87

4. Anya frowned "You don't mean to sleep out alone again?"pg. 87

5.  Mark nodded, "and sure, thanks Anya".pg 112