Simba's Blog

teacher: Elise Mueller

Mrs. Young you are the only math teacher that I know of that sings songs with the students in class. I have been enjoying my first and last year at Larrabee. I am not a big fan of fractions but I really like doing the fraction squares and rectangles. I wish that I could stay a little longer here at Larrabee, but I can’t… I can’t wait to sing again!

The Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis seem magical. They flout though the night sky like someone is painting a pitcher, but the pitcher is alive. The light moves around silently. Then as soon as they appear they disappear.

Article posted February 10, 2009 at 03:57 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

I like getting valentines but I wish that there wasn't that much work to make them, I like stay up all night making them and then you get these cards that say, "Have a happy Valentines Day!" that are just cut out harts and you think, "So I give them these nice cards and mine always say,'Have a happy Valentines Day!'. They are better then no cards but that is just pathetic!" But then you look into your valentines holder and you see this wonderful valentine and you think," This is the best Valentines Day ever and you totally forget about the other cards. That's is what most of my Valentines Days are like, are yours too?

Article posted February 9, 2009 at 01:43 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 65

Some times I think what it would be like if I could fly. What would you do?

Article posted February 9, 2009 at 01:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

I can’t wait tell spring break. I can’t wait because my family and I are going to the Yukon; we are going to see Aurora Borealis (northern lights), and go dog sledding. It’s going to be so fun!

Article posted February 9, 2009 at 01:19 AM GMT • comment (8) • Reads 55

What is your favorite sport?

Article posted January 30, 2009 at 05:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

Rufus is our family dog, he is a Golden Lab. He got surgery on his left leg so he can’t walk that well.

Article posted January 30, 2009 at 05:03 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

He is orange and he loves to be held, he will come up to you and meow until you pick hem up. He will purr and purr and it is really loud. He has a sister that is named Whittington she is black, gray, and white. They both are bold and will steal food in front of your face.

1.When salt and water were combined most of the salt went to the bottom of the water but when you stir it up all of the salt dissolved.

2.The salt dissolved on to the water so you couldn’t see it, but the water didn’t change much.

3. I didn’t think that the measurement helped me describe the changes.

4. I learned that the salt and water is hard to separate with a filter, but it is easy to separate them by evaporating the water.

5.It helps you because the salt has some properties that you have to put in water to find out.

Article posted January 12, 2009 at 09:58 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 69

My family went to my granddad’s house on winter break, it didn’t snow but the stream in the back yard froze. When my brother and sister and I were playing in the back yard we found a Barbie toy that was made out of plastic. We had found a Barbie radio earlier so we questioned her if it was hers, but the toy didn’t talk so we decided to shove her under the ice that was on top of the stream. We cleared a hole in the ice with sticks, we tried to shove the Barbie under the ice but the bottom of the dress was sticking out. So I took a stick with a big part at the end and started hitting the Barbie’s bottom to get her under the ice. After sometime we decided that we couldn’t shove the rest of the Barbie under the ice, so we put some ice that we had over the part that was sticking out and went in for diner. After dinner we went back out to check on the Barbie and it was frozen in the ice.