Copyright (c) 2014 by LM Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
LM -- Blogmeister

Wren's Fantabulous Blog!-

by LM teacher: Elise Mueller

Mrs. Young –

Though I have only known you a year

You have made you voice loud and clear

Singing with your guitar and us

I always know that I’ll have a great day when I get off the bus

You always made everything so much fun for all of the kids even when you were having a not-so-good day.

You helped me up when I would fall

To pick me up when I would call

You showed me the way when I was lost

And I would never have to pay the cost

Thank you so much for pushing me and being my own personal cheerleader I have had so much fun in your class the year.

Thanks again-

L.M.

Purple and pink pandas play pickle ball on Pluto while eating popsicles and popcorn

Ivy eats ice cream in an igloo in Iceland

Spook spoofs spontaneous spunky skunks

Ashley acknowledges a advertisement at a animal shop

The last three are dedicated to three horses I know and love.

The first one I just randomly chose a letter and decided to make alliterations.

Zero to me is many things to me. It is a circle as well as a number. Numbers. They can be weird, like for instinst, negitive numbers are below zero but what is the name of numbers above zero I ask you. To me zero is the middle of any thing.

L.M.

Dear Mr. _____,

As you might know Ms. ______ writes Grants fairly often. This year she recently found out that she still has money spend on Technology. She would like to get some laptops for the main building, (speaking from the portables). If you will let her get those laptops for the main building the teachers will probably not know how to use them as well as Ms. ______ and the 5th grade. So we are wondering, since she is teaching all day maybe Ms. _____ could lend a few of us to help the teachers in the main building hook up the laptops and learn how to work them. Of course, these kids that she would send up would only be kids who are willing to make up their work during a recess or lunch/recess.

These kids that Ms. ______ would pick would be highly trained by Ms. ______, they would learn how to deal with hardware problems and software problems along with a lot of other things.

I hope that this idea is appealing to you and that you will let some of the fifth graders help the main teachers with their laptops. Thanks for your consideration on our idea.

_______ And _______

5th grade

Red group

Horses

Leaping, Flying, Sailing

A Big Bunny some Feet are too big

Tripping, Stumbling

Clumzy

Dandy

Mia

Blue

By: L.M.

Hatred

Grudge Repulsion

Hurting Dispising Loathing

Hatred sinks while Love rises to the top

Cherishing Liking Befriending

Affection Fondness

Love

“An Artillery wife, Mary Hays McCauly (better known as Molly Pitcher) shared the rigors of Valley Forge with her husband, William Hays. Her actions during the battle of Monmouth on June 28, 1778 became legendary. That day at Monmouth was as hot as Valley Forge was cold. Someone had to cool the hot guns and bathe parched throats with water.

Across that bullet-swept ground, a striped skirt fluttered. Mary Hays McCauly was earning her nickname "Molly Pitcher" by bringing pitcher after pitcher of cool spring water to the exhausted and thirsty men. She also tended to the wounded and once, heaving a crippled Continental soldier up on her strong young back, carried him out of reach of hard-charging British. On her next trip with water, she found her artilleryman husband back with the guns again, replacing a casualty. While she watched, Hays fell wounded. The piece, its crew too depleted to serve it, was about to be withdrawn. Without hesitation, Molly stepped forward and took the rammer staff from her fallen husband’s hands. For the second time on an American battlefield, a woman manned a gun. (The first was Margaret Corbin during the defense of Fort Washington in 1776.) Resolutely, she stayed at her post in the face of heavy enemy fire, ably acting as a matross (gunner).

For her heroic role, General Washington himself issued her a warrant as a noncommissioned officer. Thereafter, she was widely hailed as "Sergeant Molly." A flagstaff and cannon stand at her gravesite at Carlisle, Pennsylvania. A sculpture on the battle monument commemorates her courageous deed.”

Found at: [LINK]

For our Social Studies program in 5th grade about the revolutionary war I would like to be Molly Pitcher. Molly Pitcher was a brave woman who risked her live many times for her country by bringing water to the thirsty patriots who were also risking their lives for their country which had a good chance of being forced to be a loyalist. Many people had hard times because they had friend like the American girl, Felicity Merriman. Felicity had a friend Elizabeth but they were not allowed to be friends because Felicity was a patriot and Elizabeth was a loyalist. Many people died in that war. But I feel that they felt good that they died fighting for their country.

By: Lauren M.

#1 Q: What did you observe when the salt and water were combined?

A: I observed that at first the salt sank to the bottom, which means that salt, is denser than water. Then once after the salt sank to the bottom it started to slowly dissolve. After at most 5 minutes the salt had completely dissolved. And that is what I observed when the 5cc’s of salt was poured into 50 mL’s of water.

#2 Q: How did the water and salt change when they were combined in the cup?

A: When the 5cc’s of salt was added to the 50 mL’s of water the salt sank to the bottom of the cup which means that salt, is denser than water. Then once after the salt sank to the bottom it started to slowly dissolve. After at most 5 minutes the salt had completely dissolved. And that is what I learned after In experienced salt and water combining.

#3 Q: What have you learned about the properties of salt when you add it to water?

A: I learned that salt is denser than water because the salt sank to the bottom of the cup. I also learned that salt is also dissolvable unlike a rock the salt had completely dissolved after 5 minutes. What I learned was that salt is dissolvable and dissolvability is a property of salt.

By: L.M.

I was amazing sad, Ali was leaving for Beijing in the next 5 days but it got better. My mom had just received a phone call from Sophia’s Mom, Andrea saying that they were having a going away party for Ali. I jumped up in the air, screaming, “YES!” After a few minutes my Mom hung up with Andrea and told me to go get my snow pants on. I flew down the stairs tripped, and my Mom yelled down to me “Lauren CARFUL” “sorry” I said back. I got on my snow gear and we (my Mom and I) were off to Sophia’s.

The party was at the Stockburgers. We all arrived before Ali so Aimee (Hadley’s Mom) had the idea of building a snow Ali. Everyone pitched in. Then Ali got there. We all admired the snow Ali that we had built. After all the admiring every body and their sleds trekked down 16th to Taylor street hill where we found Gavin, Jacob and Brandon sledding with Gavin’s Dad, Jim.

After the sledding fun was over, (That was just sledding)! We all trekked back to Sophia’s house and made gingerbread cookies. Mine were little hearts that had DOTS in the middle. They were all really good I found that out in the first 10 minutes that they were out of the oven.

That was definitely one of the best things that I did over the winter break. Besides Christmas of Course!

2 cups of kindness

1 cup of caring

1/3 of a cup of family

100 gallons of hugs

50 gallons of kisses

4 cups of playfulness

3 cups of tickles

1 tablespoon of strictness

1 teaspoon of teacher

And googolplex googolplexes of love

By: L.M.

By: L.M.