Copyright (c) 2014 by lily pad Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
lily pad -- Blogmeister

-

Image by FlamingText.com
Image by FlamingText.com

by lily pad teacher: Mrs. Markwart

Article posted March 18, 2009 at 02:02 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 135

My class watched President Obama's speach, and the quote that stood out to me the most was all are equal all are free all deserve a chance in life to pursue their measure of happiness. To me it meant that we're all the same and that we should do what we've always wanted to.  I think we should all try to build a united world because if we didn't we'd alway be upset because people would always be putting us down.  To help assist in helping build a united world I can stop my friends when their arguing and help them agree on something and not to be racist.

Article posted March 18, 2009 at 01:46 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 68

Have you ever watched a move about racism?  Has any one told you that you can't play a certain sport that you like because of your color?  Has any one not put you on their team because of your color? Were you ever the last one choosen for a game because of your color? It doesn't matter what color, you're not able to play a game because your white, black or brown.  Well that's what the Express movie is about. A guy tries out for the football team and the coach puts him on the team so he doesn't make himself look bad, but the guy doesn't get to play, but at the end he ends up being a champion.  Has any one called you a bad name because of your colour? Did you like being called that? No, no one does.  The guy was called that in the movie.  Do you know how it feels to have people being racist to you? If you watch this movie you'll know how horrible it feels.  Then you might ask why are people racist.  I think its becouse they don't feel good asbout themselves so they try to put others down to make them feel good, but there could be other reasons like people were racist to them.  Don't be racist stand up for people who have people being racist to them with out being racist back! 

I think my biggest success so far is going to disney land twice. Once when I was four and once when I was nine. I learned from going to Disney land that it takes a extreme long time to get there from Regina, Saskatchewan in a car to California.  I saw that the snow was slowly disapearing.  People thought we were wierd for wearing shorts there in winter, but I thought they were wierd because they were wearing a thick heavy sweater.

I like this article because the people who wrote it complains about how early we go back to school from summer. The people in this article is anyone who feels that we do come back to school so early. They feel that we should start school a month or two after we do actually start school. It takes place in all the schools all over Regina in the fall. I chose this article because I thought, "Hey why do they think we go back to school so early." I feel that this article is cool because the people who wrote wants us to go back to school later than we do start school.

Lily pad

Article posted October 23, 2008 at 04:51 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 55

I think the object is a hole puncher becouse the hints said it cuts things, it is made out of metal.

I think the object is a hole puncher becouse the hints said it cuts things and it is made out of metal.

Article posted October 20, 2008 at 06:46 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 69

I think the mystery object is the inside of a open up desk. A desk is used to put things in by a student.

When I was 9 I went to Disney Land. It was a long ride especially since I never flew in a plane. Instead I had to ride in a stinky old van. I was so bored so I turned on a little tv and watched movies the whole way there.

When we got to Anahiem I wanted to go to Disney Land right away, but we didn't. Instead we went to Circus circus hotel for the night. We had a lot of things to bring in since we were going to stay there for 10 days 9 nights.

In the morning we got up and got redy for Disney Land. When we got there I was so excited. After we paid and got in I was amazed at how many rides and people were there.

That day I road so many rides that I didn't feel so well by the end of the day.

My brother and sisters were interested in the movie stars. They got autographs from Marry Popins, the penguin off of Happy Feet, Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.

After the 10 fun days, we left Anahiem and went back to Bulyea. That was my second trip to Disney land and it was a great trip.

Article posted September 16, 2008 at 08:39 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 54

- I love dogs especially the big ones and the cute little puppies

-My favorite food is steak when barbecued - My favorite subject is LA - I moved and came to Regina 2007 - I liked my old teacher because he was fun - Sometime I like learning other times I want to stay home

- I like to get my way