-

Mr. Rogers 6th Grade Class

by teacher: Mr. Rogers

I read the story " Safety first for holiday toys". Which is about a mom finding out that some toys are not good for kids. Some of these toys are not safe because of lead paint, dangerous magnets and poision plastic. I can't beleive that some toys could harm little kids and I wander what made this mom look up something like this.

Article posted December 10, 2008 at 12:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

I think it is awesome that a little girl wrote a letter to Macy's asking if there was a Santa Claus. It is also really nice of Macy's to donate a dollar for every letter that they get.I also thought writing a letter to Santa and hanging it in the hallway will help the little kids to beleive in him more.

Article posted December 10, 2008 at 12:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

I am writing about the front page of the newspaper. I don't like the fact that Obama is going to be the next President, but other people do. It is just the way the polls turned out and I can't do anything about people wanting Obama to be President.

In this picture of the rock cycle it shows that all three types of rocks can be turned into a new rock for different reasons. Different reason that rocks can be formed into a new rock is because of heat and pressure, weathering and erosion, melting and cooling, compaction and cementation. It also says that igneous rock is made of magma; metamorphic rock is made when plate tectonics move around and create heat then they collide and mountains and metamorphose is built. Sedimentary rock is made up of sediments which are made from weathering and erosion, but the sedimentary rock is made from compaction and cementation of the sediments. The rock cycle will never stop it will keep always make rocks into new rocks.

Article posted November 9, 2008 at 01:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

The Hohokum Indians are said to be gone or disappeared because of selenation of the fields. This is only what people think has happened to them they could have disappeared because of a drought, war or more. These Indians planted crops, hunted and gathered just like any other group of Indians would.

Article posted November 9, 2008 at 12:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

If Luann was normal the situation in the book would be totally different because Amy wouldn’t have to watch and take care of Luann. Also Amy would not have got mad at her mom and ran off to Aunt Claire’s house. This means she would have never found the dollhouse or even that her dad’s grandparents were murdered and who killed them.

Five clues to the solution would be Aunt Clare because she always gets mad when the subject comes up. Another clue would be the dollhouse and the dolls because the dolls move in the dollhouse and show mysterious things. The third clue is the newspapers because they tell what happens to the grandparents. Fourthly was the note in the book because it tells you who murdered them. The last clue is the suspects because it gives you a clue of who could have the murder.

The movie and the book are different because the girls are shopping at the mall in the book, but in the movie the girls are shopping in the streets. Another thing is Luann goes to a puppet show in the book, but not in the movie. During the movie Aunt Clare gives the dollhouse to the girls, but in the book she gives it to Luann. i liked the book better.

Amy

Curious, Mischievous

Helping, Forgiving, Snooping

Awesome, Normal – Friendly, Nice

Caring, Loving, Concerning

Happy, Special

Luann

I read the article "A Mess at the Polls Again" and it was mainly about how last election Florida's polls weren't working right. So that is mainly why George W. Bush won the election. The reason Florida’s got messed up was because the machines didn’t have any memory of the people’s votes. They also had that it cost millions of dollars to get the electronic machines. What I think they should do is not spend so much money on the machines and just handwrite them out. Of course it will take more time, but not as much money.

I didn't have the greatest week because my grandpa died. The worse part is that he was my last grandparent. He died Wednesday night a little bit after I got back from religion. So if you were wandering why I wasn't there Monday it is because I was at his funeral. On the upside I got rid of Connor for a week.

1857- Born in Cincinnati, Ohio

1878- Graduates from Yale University

1879- Meets Helen “Nellie” Herron

1880- Graduates from Cincinnati Law School

1882- President Chester Arthur appoints Taft tax collector

1886- Marries Helen “Nellie” Herron

1887- Appointed to Ohio Superior Court

1890- Appointed U.S. solicitor general

1892- Becomes a judge

1900- Appointed president of the U.S. Commission

1901- Becomes governor of the Philippines

1904- Appointed to his Cabinet as secretary of war

1908-Encouraged to run for president

1909- Inaugurated the 27th president of the U.S.

1910- Fires a man

1912- Establishes the children’s bureau if the department of labor

1913- Accepts a position as professor of constitutional law

1921- Appointed to chief justice

1930- Retires from Supreme Court and dies

1943- Helen “Nellie” dies

This weekend I mainly worked outside. On Friday night I had a lot of fun because I went to the Anna football game they totally creamed New Bremen. The score was around 45-7 at least I think so. Then on Saturday I raked all the leaves in the very front part of our yard. Now on Sunday I mowed all of the grass in are yard and now I need to get ready for a soccer game!

On Friday I didn't do much. Then on Saturday my mom and I went shopping the whole day long. It was crazy!!!! It was just store after store which was awesome. When Sunday came I went to a pro-life meeting type thing. Where people against abortion went, some people gave speeches, but mainly they thought us why abortion is bad.

The Cherokee legends are mostly about how things are created. Just like how the Running Deer made rivers move/flow. There are legends about the world, birds, turkeys and people.

Article posted September 29, 2008 at 03:00 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

I had a great week. First of all on Friday night I had a game against New Knoxville and we are just so good we won. All weekend we had the St. Mary's tournament. On Saturday we played two games and one. The second game was 9-0 we won. Connor's team won one of there games and lost the other. On Sunday we won both of our games. So we went on to the championship match. The bad part was the boys were out of the tournament. We played our final game we lost. :( Then I went to a fish fry because it is my grandpa's 85 birthday on Monday. Also the Browns beat the Bengals.

Article posted September 24, 2008 at 01:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

For my first task I caompared the prices. They probably aren't all the exact price, but they're what I found. The then prices would ba about: car $2,750, work boots $2, a farmers income is about $430, for denim overalls it was around .29 and to have a 2-3 bedroom home it was about $2,200. The price for them now are: car $28,200, work boots costs around $100 today, a farmers income is about 28,900, denim overalls cost almost $24 and a 2-3 bedroom house cost just about 125,000 today. Two other interesting things I found were that a Mcdonald Big was .45 back then and $3.22 today. The other one is gas is around .33 back in the olden days and about $3.16.

N X K H X N K E I R G N K U H

N E C M J Y F K Z E J A N X A

L I L D X X F T L T P M T S R

R D D L O H T P O U N S Z Q V

M H V O A W D O W P Q S W P A

L C B K Y L E O Y M O E Y T R

F G H L H B U B Q O H N P H D

X W V R S X K A B C H I G H U

Q U G B K N G I P W U S B A N

R D Y K K P L X B J K U U T I

K Y I X T L R W D U Q B G J V

D V H W G F D B V T K E V B E

S T A A W N F L G F L G Y O R

J X T S O F O R C I M A X Y S

W E D N I X I A W R G N Z C I

S S D K U A G L Y A F E W W T

B C M Q B G X Z I U Q E B S Y

C F Q C U X S X O F B T C R F

BILLGATES

COMPUTER

HARVARDUNIVERSITY

MICROFOST

PAULALLEN

RICH

TEENAGEBUSINESSMAN

Article posted September 16, 2008 at 02:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

On Friday we had an assembly it wasn't just one of those ones when you go to the gym so they can talk to you. It was actually pretty cool.

People from Hawaii and other places came to talk to us. They talked to us about how it isn't fair to judge people by where they come from, how they dress or by their cultures. I thought it was a good assembly it was also fun to see there dances. They also told us some words they use other then what we use. After it was over it was good.

This weekend my dad and brothers went to Cleveland to watch the Browns game. So on Friday we didn't do much. Then on Saturday I had a soccer game and we won. Also, my mom and I went to the Flower Factory. On Sunday, the Browns played and my mom and I went to the Piqua mall for a little bit. It was really windy all day long. When we were in the last store of the mall, the electricity went out of the whole area. We found a way out and went home. Just as we got home the wind storm was in Botkins. Luckily, our power didn’t go out because I didn’t have this blog done yet! Almost an hour after we were home, the wind was so strong that it knocked a big branch out of one of our trees. Who knows what will happen in Cleveland tonight during the game. I hope no one gets hurt.

Article posted September 8, 2008 at 01:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

I read about John Adams. He was born on October 30, 1735 and died on July 4, 1826. Thomas Jefferson also died on the day.

One of Adams accomplishments are being the second President of the United States. He also was a Vice President for a while even though people he was a weak Vice President. Adams saved the nation from war. He was also a American Patriot.

I think John Adams had a lot of accomplishments. He lived a good life and should be proud. He was a good President in the end.

Article posted September 2, 2008 at 04:03 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 34

The first week back to school was different because we started on a Monday and not a Wednesday this year. At least swimming on Thursday was something to look forward to. This year I am actually in one of my best friend’s class. This hasn't happened since second grade. It isn't easy to get into the hang of having to do homework again, but I am doing just fine. I think and hope it will be easier the second week.