Copyright (c) 2014 by Yianni Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Yianni -- Blogmeister

0809

by Yianni

Title: What To Do (12/15/08)
Description: Our Craycast Research Project was a huge success, and I am very proud of what we created. It sure was great to be able to show many of our families the product of our hard work last week. We used literature, the Internet, our class wiki, Microsoft Photo Story, and Windows Movie Maker as tools and resources.

A few of you have asked “What is our next project?” so I wanted to ask you to think about what kind of project you would like to do next. What should we create this time? What part of fourth grade learning should it be about? What tools or resources would you like to use again? What tools or resources would you not like to use again? Why? Is there anything new that you would like to try out?
You may also add any other information that you would like.

Also, you can comment on blog entries of other students in our classroom or in classrooms that we are sharing with.

Make sure that you TRIPLE check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

Article posted December 19, 2008 at 12:48 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 306

I think that our next class project should be about science because maybe we could make formulas, and that sounds fun to me. Chemistry might be a good topic. The tools that I would like to use again could be the Internet because we could find out fun projects to work on. I would not like to use is Microsoft Photo Story because I don't think that has to do with science. Instead of working with groups maybe we could work with partners. That's my blog.

Our class did a project called the Craycast. We showed it to our families and they were really proud of our work. I think our next project should be about the Solar System, a part of fourth grade science. The class should create a Solar System model. I would like to use literature, Internet Microsoft Photo Story, Windows Movie Maker and the class wiki as tools and resources. I would like to try Microsoft Power Point, Google Sky and instruments such as binoculars and telescopes to learn about the Solar System.

Article posted December 16, 2008 at 10:44 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 61

I think that we should do a project about multiplication because we know our multipliction facts very well. I would like to use windows movie maker because I really liked working on it. I WOULD NOT LIKE TO USE WINDOWS PHOTO STORY AGAIN BECAUSE IT WASN'T AS FUN AS WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER. I don't want to use anything new.

Article posted December 19, 2008 at 02:09 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 68

I think our next class project would be about describing an animal and each table in our class would specialize in one type of the same animal.

Then we would put together five videos discibing five types of the same animal and we could call all the parents to come and watch our awesome work. We could also use windows movie maker again and play around with all the special effects and transitions. It would be a lot of fun.

Article posted December 16, 2008 at 01:15 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 53

We did a craycast and it was lots of fun so the next project should be about the five boroughs. In our class room we have groups that are named after the five boroughs. We should use Microsoft Photo Story and Windows Movie Maker to do this.

Article posted December 17, 2008 at 12:46 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 104

1.I want to see a Iroquois's hunting tools.

2.It should be about Iroquois history.

3.I need the Internet.

4.I don't need to use the Windows Movie Maker because I don't need to make a movie.

I want to go to Yahoo search for the information I need.

Article posted December 31, 2008 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 57

My idea is " What is your favorite book?" I chose this option because I love reading and I also love to read in my house, or in my car, and or in the classroom. This article is what I would like for our classroom's next project! Michelle:)

Article posted December 18, 2008 at 12:42 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 71

Lights, camera, action! Hey people from Africa, Montana and down the block. Today, I’m going to tell you about a movie idea for my class. Our last class project was our Craycast. I think our next project should be about another animal. It should have to do with science, like the unit of crayfish. I think we should use all the tools or resources that we used in the Craycast. There isn’t anything that I wouldn’t like to use again because all of it was fun. Yes there is something I want to try out that is new, it is, watching the animal in the wild. Well, my writing senses tell me that I’ve written enough. Bye for now and keep checking my blogs.

Article posted December 17, 2008 at 12:43 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 60

I think that our next activity to do should be about the climate around the world because if you know the climate and grow up to be a weatherman, it will make your job easier. It's also fun to read weather maps. That's why I think we should do a project about weather.

Article posted December 18, 2008 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 123

I think our next class project should be life cycle of a turtle, different types of turtles, and their physical and behavioral traits. I would like to use PowerPoint presentation incorporating text, sound, voice, graphics and photo with special effects for this project. I chose turtles because they are reptiles that live in the sea. I think it is important to learn how pollution/global warming will have an impact on undersea creatures such as turtles.

Article posted December 19, 2008 at 02:22 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 63

I think our next project should be about how everyone treats each other. In school that's what matters the most. When we did the craycast we all worked together. I want to use the same exact tools and resouces that we used in the craycast. It was really fun to do the craycast. I would love to do another project.

Article posted December 17, 2008 at 01:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 61

Our next project should be about the solar system. We would use the model of the solar system, the internet, books, a telescope and microsoft photo story. It would be so cool because we could use telescopes to look at the moon and stars. I think that everyone would be so excited!

Article posted December 16, 2008 at 01:00 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 60

I think our class should study the solar system. I think each group should get a planet to study. I think our class should use the Internet, our class wiki and Windows Movie Maker. The planets are cool and they would make a good research project.

The next project I want to do with my class is Mr. Dugger picks 3 random animals that are in the crayfish's crustacean. When he says the names of the animals we raise our hand for what animal we want to win. I would like to use the same tools we did for the craycast( Literature, The Internet, our class Wiki but the name can not be craycast, Microsoft Photo Story and Windows Movie Maker.) That is what I say for our next class project. But if that does not work I would like to do a math video just like Mr. Dugger's class did last year. I would not like to use Literature, Internet, Wiki, Microsoft Photo Story or Windows Movie Maker because we do not need that to make a movie like that. Those are my 2 projects I would like to do next with my class and Mr.Dugger helping us doing it.

Article posted December 19, 2008 at 12:10 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 52

I had a very fun time doing the Craycast. Even though my group fought a bunch we really came through because, like everyone else’s, it came out great! This was a really fun activity that taught all of us a whole lot about crayfish. I would LOVE to do another project like this, but to be truthful I really don't want to use Windows Photo Story 3. I liked it, but it wasn't as fun as using Windows Movie Maker. I thought if we can do another research project like this we could base it on Social Studies and not Science. I like Science, but I got a really cool idea for Social Studies. My idea involves what we learned about New York State. Maybe we can split up each borough, like we did on the Craycast; they could each be named after, either the cities in New York State or the main waterways. Then, each borough could research about either their waterway or city. I think this would be a fun project and I hope the class thinks the same!*!*!*!

Article posted December 17, 2008 at 01:31 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 51

I enjoyed the craycast project.  I think the next project should be about dogs.  The thing that I want to learn about dogs is how to take care of them.  I want to know what they should eat and what vitamins they should take.  I want to learn how to train them and play with them.  Learning about dogs is great!!!

Article posted December 17, 2008 at 10:59 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 67

Hi! Hello! Shalom! Hullo! Ni-How! Konichiwa! I think our new class project should be like a Who Am I with Native Americans. We could use people like Pocahontas, Sacajuia (I tried to spell it my best!), And many more! Each table or borough like Mr. D. calls them could study a different person. I think it would be a great idea! Do you?! COMMENT ME!!! Well TTYL... Talk to you later!

Kayla

I would like to do a project about all the states in the U.S.A! I think we should do this so we can learn our country more and more by each state. Some of us can even collect the history of Long Island! We could also make another wiki for the information we each collect. Then we can put all this information in Photo story with a couple of pictures. It could also be a first time experience for Stanley. Then to wrap it all up we'll put it in Windows Movie Maker and show it to our parents and make them do a U.S.A millionaire game to test the and give them a fake one million dollar bill with our country in the middle. I couldn't think of anything else so I decided to do this idea.

Article posted December 19, 2008 at 12:32 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 56

I would think we do another project like the Craycast. It will be about the solar system. One bourogh will do the planets, one will do the stars, another will do the history, one will do the galaxy, and the last one will be the universe. We could use scripts, photo story, and movie maker. That's what I want to do for a next assignment

Our next project should be on the Solar System, because we are learning about it in science. We can make a movie using Windows Movie Maker. I liked it. I did not like using Microsft Photo Story because every one was arguing. We can use Google Earth to look at the Earth from space. I think that would be a very good project.

Hey, We did a Craycast research project. A Craycast is when a class looked for information and made a movie with that information. I think the next movie should be something to do with Social Studies. Like something to do with the 5 boroughs in New York. I would like to use Windows Movie Maker again. I would like to use this because it is so much fun making a movie with it. I would like to try Microsoft Power Point.That is all for know. Bye!

Sincerely,

Anastasia