Copyright (c) 2014 by Dean Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Dean -- Blogmeister

Deans Files

0809

by Dean

Fourth grade memories 06/23/09
The end of school poem 06/03/09
Explorers 05/29/09
Explorers 05/28/09
The new Declaration of Independence 05/21/09
America 05/12/09
May flower 05/04/09
The word 04/28/09
My favorite things 03/31/09
Indians 03/23/09
Music 03/18/09
My vacation 03/05/09
Cool Blogging 02/23/09
A or F 02/11/09
Lights! 02/05/09
ELECTRIC OUTLETS 01/27/09
The Promise 01/20/09
ELA 01/13/09
My resolutions 01/05/09
The Solar System 12/15/08
My Role Model 12/08/08
Our Trip 11/23/08
My Shirt 11/03/08
BOOOOO! 10/28/08
The 44th President 10/20/08
Dean's blog assignment 10/16/08
Dean in 4th 10/08/08
Chocolate Lovers 10/01/08
Deans files 09/12/08

Title: Your Advice For a Teacher (02/23/09)
Description: Our class has been very successful with our blogs, and I hope that you are enjoying them as a way to express your ideas and communicate with others. If you could speak to teachers that were thinking about blogging with their classrooms, what would you say to them? Would you recommend that they start a class blog? What advice would you give them to help them succeed like we have?

Also, you can comment on blog entries of other students in our classroom or in classrooms that we are sharing with.

Make sure that you TRIPLE check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

I would tell teachers to tell all their classes to blog. It's fun and it's better than bringing home workbooks. Also you get to see what everyone

is thinking.What they like and do not like. It's

a cool thing to do.

I really enjoyed the blog. =) You get a reasonable amount of homework on the blog each week. I think other classes should start a blog because you improve in typing. I love fun assignments! I think that if a lot of classes start a blog, most of us will enjoy it.

If I could speak to teachers that were thinking about blogging with their classrooms, I would tell them that it's a lot of fun. I would also tell them that you need interesting topics that kids would like to blog about.

I would recommend that teachers start a blog because it’s a great way for teachers to get to know the students and read about things that they like and the things that the students don't like.

The advice I would give teachers is to make sure the students check their work before they request publishing and to understand that they cannot post any personal information, like your name or where they live. Another piece of advice is to make sure kids don’t go other student’s blogs because it could get you in a lot of trouble and you won’t be able to blog anymore; And the blogs that the other student typed might get ruined.

If a teacher wanted to blog with the classroom my advice to them would be make sure you have fun. I say that because doing a blog really isn't homework, it's something you want to do because it's fun and you don't want it to be boring. Some kids might think that they don't like it because it's too hard to think of an idea, or might think it's not fun enough, but it really isn't hard at all and it is fun talking to other kids all around the world, so make srue you have fun. Yes, I would recommend that they do a blog to. Try your best when your doing your blog amd make it interesting to read like a book.

Everyone reading this blog and you don't have a blog in your class you should try to start one. So if your class wants to start the blog the advice I would give to your teacher is

1. If you want to start a class blog make sure you warn the kids to not put personal information on it.

2. When you give out blog assignments make sure they are fun so the kids enjoy blogging and let them free blog whenever.

3. You should always give blog assignments weekly. And sometimes you can let the kids think of a blog assignment to make. My teacher made a blog assignment from what someone in my class thought of and he sometimes gives us assignments that we are learning about in school. So I think you and your class should start a blog.

I think blogging is a good way for kids to express ideas and teacher should start a blog in other classes. They should have a blog because it is fun and you can learn about other kids. I think they should have a weekly blog like us. They can write about news and school news. I like blogs don't you!

Article posted February 27, 2009 at 12:04 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 80

Teachers, if you want tips for creating a blog, you've come to the right place. A blog is a communication source that can be viewed by anyone in the world. First, keep a simple password. Next, give out good questions for students to answer. Finally, make sure the students like it.

If another class wants to blog here is some advice from me that will help you strat a class blog. I would say start thinking of blog ideas and just have fun with a website. I would recommend doing a class blog because it is fun and it just lets you be who you are, but on the internet.

That is my advice to other bloggers.

Article posted February 26, 2009 at 01:22 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 73

HELLO!!! My advice to other teachers about blogging is that usually people forget to do their weekly blog assignments. So,if you assign them, heads up! Also, sometimes, students have grammar problems like DavidWright instead of David Wright. What I was trying to say is students don't usually leave spaces between their words when they type. But I would recommend setting up a class blog because it's really fun for both students and teachers. Good luck!

Kayla

Hi, I would say that blogging is a very good learning system to work with, and is very fun! I would definately recommend to do a class blog, like I said it is very, very, fun!!!!!!!! I would recommend to give good questions, make it interesting, and fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerley ,Anastasia                          p.s make it very fun remember

I wouldn't want to tell them because I want our class to be one of a kind and keep the blog for ourselves but if they have to know then I tell them about how to get to the blog page and what every thing is like the control panel, the articles, the assignments , and the website templates.

If teachers wanted their students to start blogging, here's what I would say to them. "You should pick blogs that are fun so that the students can enjoy blogging." I would recommend that they should start a blog because it is fun to do and kids can have more imagination then you think. The advice I would give teachers is to make blogs that make kids think. It's a lot more fun when you are challenged.

Article posted February 25, 2009 at 01:19 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 88

Our class has been very successful with our blog.  My advice for other teachers is to make bloging fun.  Blogs should be about things that are around you.  Teachers should give great blogs and students should talk about the blogs in class.  This is my advice.

Article posted February 25, 2009 at 12:42 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 68

1.If I could speak to the teachers to blog, I would say: Why don't you try blogging. It's fun, you can comment on each other's blog and you can check out other ones.

2.Yes because it's a good for practing with the keyboard and can improve typing speed.

3.the advice I would give them is try your best and you will enjoy it.

My advice to teachers about creating a  blog is just do it and make good assignments. When I say good assignments, I am talking about FUN assignments! My teacher, Mr. Dugger, gives us FUN assignments just like this one

My teacher comments alot on my classmates blogs. We have some great blogs in our class. For example, Robert's blog is very funny. And most importantly.......... TELL YOUR FREINDS about all the fun that you are having with your blog!!! If your friends teacher hears about all the fun in Mr. Dugger's class, they will probably also start a blog. Then if your friends class start a blog, they can hire and pay us to help them with the blog.

Article posted February 24, 2009 at 01:27 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 79

Blogging is fun! I would tell people to blog all the time. All classrooms should make a blog to talk to other classrooms around the world. My advice to all of you is blogging is cool!

Article posted February 24, 2009 at 12:03 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 78

If I could speak to teachers about blogging with their classrooms I would recommend that they start a class blog because the students can express their ideas and the students get to know other peoples thinking and ideas. The students can learn more about technology, be more creative,learn to type faster and most of all of it is fun. I think the teachers should give the blog assignments on Friday so the students have more time to do it over the weekend. The advice I would give to classes so they can succeed is don't put any personal information, triple check your blog for proper capitilization, grammer, punctuation and spelling, never share your password with anyone who is not blogging along with your whole calss. Also comment on other peoples blogs once in a while so you might get some back, don't write anything inappropriate on your blogs and comments because it will be viewed by the teacher and won't be put up to be viewed by other people. The most important thing is to never put a real picture of you on your blog, only use an avatar.

Blogging is so much fun=http://=http://

:)

If other teachers want to try blogging I would tell them is to give assignments for the students so they would have something to blog about. I would also recommend blogging other teachers because they might like idea to. The advice I would give them is to think of ideas what to put on their blog.

Hello, if your looking for a sports game, you’ve come to the wrong website, but if your looking for a great blog DON’T MOVE. Teachers please pay attention to the following in tips if you’re thinking about making a class blog. Tip #1, make sure that you give good assignments. Tip #2, don’t grade the blogs too harshly. Tip #3, let the students use their imagination. Tip #4, if you to a class blog DO IT! I guarantee that your students will love it. Bye.

Hi I am a fourth grade boy. I like to look at maps. My favorite color is green. My favorite subject is Social Studies. I like studying history.