Copyright (c) 2014 by Justine Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Justine -- Blogmeister

Justine's Blog

0809

by Justine

Guess Who? 2 03/13/10
Guess Who? 03/13/10
The End of The Year 06/26/09
The Declaration of Independence 05/21/09
OH NOOO! 05/11/09
Happy and Not Happy 05/11/09
My Word 04/30/09
A.J and Michael A's blog 04/02/09
Kayla 03/27/09
Native American Man 03/26/09
Friday 03/04/09
Some Advice 02/25/09
Report Cards 02/12/09
Electicity 02/08/09
The 44th President 01/22/09
E.L.A 01/15/09
My Resoulution 01/08/09
What To Do 12/18/08
My Role Model 12/08/08
Yankees 12/03/08
Garvies Point 11/19/08
My T- shirt 11/03/08
Halloween 10/30/08
A New President 10/23/08
My Blog Assignment 10/19/08
Answers 10/09/08
One Word 10/08/08
My Favorite Book 10/02/08
Justine's Blog 09/12/08

Title: Whose Side? (05/11/09)
Description: We have just explored the French and Indian War, and we are now learning about the birth of our nation. Think about how the Native Americans were treated by the French and the British. Think about their values and cultures. Think about how they might have felt about all that was going on over land that was being argued and fought over.

If you were an Iroquois Native American man or woman living in New York State or an Algonquian Native American man or woman living on Long Island, how would you feel? Whose side would you choose and why? What would be your feelings and why? BE SPECIFIC and base your decision on what you have learned.

Please also comment on the blogs of other students in our class. We really have some great writers that want to hear from you! Follow the direction sheet if you have any questions.

Make sure that you TRIPLE check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

If I was a Native American man I would feel scared because the French and the British are ready to fight to the death. I would also be scared because you never know who could be by you. So if I was walking in a forest, a French or a British could pop out of nowhere and kill me.

I would be on the British’s side because even though they were losing in the beginning, Ben Franklin made a plan in Albany to unite all the states together to fight the French; And that’s exactly what they did but they weren’t so happy about the idea in the beginning. I would also be on the British’s side because since they won than I wouldn’t have to find a new place to live. I could stay with the British.

That’s it for now. BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE=http://=http://=http://=http://!!!

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 01:59 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 56

We are learning about the French and Indian War. If I were a Native American boy or girl I would feel uncomfortable and unsafe because THERE IS WAR AROUND MY HOUSE! If I had a choice I would rather live in my own house. I would choose the British because they have more money,tools to fight and power than the French. More money means more power.

(At the blank space scroll over slowely to see whose side I pick)

I wouldn't feel comfortable living there because there is war all around me and I would not feel ok. I would be on the British side because they need us to fight the French because they do not have a lot of good weapons. Well when I am in the war I will take it seriously and I will try to fight the French and get the land.

Article posted May 14, 2009 at 09:59 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 56

If I were an Iroquois man watching our land being taken over, I would be really frustrated because there is nothing I can do and if I try to defend this tribe, I might end up dying. (Hint: Dying is a bad thing.) So I might have to hide from the 2 nations fighting. I think the French are nicer and a lot less greedy so I think we wouldn't become their countries workers or anything like that. I would stick with the French, just try to live because like I said before, no one wanted to be taken over or become a slave. Neither would you!

Article posted May 12, 2009 at 01:14 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 63

1.If I were a Native Amercian man,I would feel unfair because they made a line through the country and now we can't trade things.

2.I would choose to be on the British because they gave us weapons to fight with.

3.My feelings would be sad because we could've shared the land.

I think that they argued about the fight and owning the Native American land. I would feel sad because the Britain and the French are fighting over my land! I mean, I don't them to take over my land! I like my home and I don't want to leave my house. I think that the French and the British tried to drive my family and I and other people in my village away so the British could take land. Michelle ;-)

Article posted May 13, 2009 at 01:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 133

Hello, this is Native American Robert, living in New York I feel good about living here. In the French and Indian war, I would take the side of the British. This is because I would have more solders and feel confident. Right now, we just have captured the French king. We would expect the French to surrender. Here comes the white flag, horray. The French had surrendered, we win the British wins. I would like to thank Benjamin Franklin for helping the British win the war. Well, time to finish up. Bye.  

Article posted May 14, 2009 at 01:02 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 58

The side I would choose from is the French because the French are only trying to trade furs with the Algonquins and leave. The British on the other hand are just taking all the land. It's so not fair that they keep on taking land. Thats why I'm on the French's side. Well, bye for now.

Article posted May 12, 2009 at 01:53 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 71

NOOOOOO! It is bad enough that the French and British came and forced us to the very little land. Now they are fighting about the land! Now I am going to have to take sides. I'll go with the French. They know how to hide and then........ BOOM=http:// I am worried. What if the French lose?! I would have no where to go. Well gotta go! Talk to you later. Sincerly, your Native American friend

Article posted May 12, 2009 at 01:01 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 61

Hi! As you know I am Mike. Do you remember the blog about Indians? This is kind of the same but they have different questions. If I were a Indian in the French and British war I would pick the team that was winning because I would have more power. Also, I would feel mad because they were fighting over our land.

If I was an Iroquois man living in New York I would be happy to be alive. We were afraid of the Americans because they were taking our land and pushing us out. I choose the British because they had better army and soldiers. The British had 50,000 soldiers but the French had 3,000 soldiers and the Indians had 2,000.

We have just learned about the French and Indian War. If I was a native american I would pick the side of the British( go to the blank spot click the blank with the left  part of your mouse and drag to the right). And I would be very angrey about the British and the French are fighting for my land. I would choose the British over the French was because The French wanted more room to trade with barely any people when the British need room for farming and they have alot of people. That is why I picked the British.

Before the British and French came this nation there were Native Americans living here.  The Iroquios and the Algonquians lived here.  They took over the land by surrounding the Native Americans in the middle.  They also attacked them with guns and snipers.  The Native Americans wear scared because they never saw weapons like that in their lives and they only had spears and bow and arrows.  I think it is unfair because the British and the French were more advanced and the took advantage of them

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 02:41 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 78

Hello everyone! If I were an Iroquois or Algonquin Native American living on Long Island, I would probably pick Great Britian's side. The British have a professional army and good Generals. Plus, they also have better weapons. I would feel scared because what if the side I choose doesn't win the war? Would you be scared, too?! Please comment! Bye! Kayla

Article posted May 13, 2009 at 09:41 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 60

What A disgrace I have seen as a Native American! I can not believe that the British and the French go to war and waste lives and hate each other just for land. And who cares if you have more money or power you can live a happy life( )like us Native Americans.  We can teach you how to fish, you can teach us how to make stuff out of metal. I would have went with the French so that they can let us go through their land so my people can be safe from your war!!

I would want to be on the Iroquios because the people we were working with won the war and shared a teeny teeny tiny bit of their own land. I felt like this, "why are they fighting here?" I did not know who to pick so we picked a random team the british.

There you have it folks, good night!

Article posted May 14, 2009 at 09:24 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 63

I would be an Iroquois woman. I would feel very worried because my family could get hurt

I would choose to be on the British side because the British have more people but less land and need the land but the French have more land but less people than the British. The French are just trading and wouldn't need a lot of land but the British are farming and would need the land.

I would feel mad because all our homes are being broken down. I would be on the British side because they do not need the money. I would feel mad and upset because  we want to be in peace. I realy don't want to fight with the British.

Hi! If I were a native american man or woman living in New York State o an Algonquian Native American man or woman living in Long island, I would feel kinda angry, sad because the British  took their land but on the other hand I feel relaxed because the war is over ! But  I would choose to be on the British side because they have more farming land, and they have more money! 

Love,

Anastasia

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 02:25 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 59

Hey! My class learned about the French and Indian war or the Seven Year war. The Native Americans involved and got smushed up in one place. The French and the British wanted the land for different reasons. The British wanted the land to farm. The French wanted it for trade. If I was a Indian I would choose the French to be on my side. They just want to trade with us and go away. The British wanted to drive us out! Could you believe that! The British are so selfish!

I'm a fourth grade girl from Mr.Dugger's class. In my spare time I like to read books to my baby brother. My favorite color is pink. My favorite subject in school is writng. I like to go out side and ride my bike outside with my friend. I love going to Mr. Dugger's class.