Copyright (c) 2014 by Michael L Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Michael L -- Blogmeister

Michael's Fantasy

0809

by Michael L

Title: Music To Our Ears! (03/17/09)
Description: Our class was fortunate enough to have attended a concert at the Tilles Center for Performing Arts. We were treated to the Long Island Philharmonic and their wonderful music. It was so exciting to be in such a great big place with an incredible orchestra playing. What did you think of them? What was your favorite part? I also took video of our experiences that day. What should we do with it? If you were asked to say one sentence on the video to describe your experience that day, what would you say? Really think about this, and support your choice with reasons and details!

Challenge from Mr. D – What other types of music do you think our class would enjoy watching or visiting on a field trip? Why did you choose that?

Also, you can comment on blog entries of other students in our classroom or in classrooms that we are sharing with.

Make sure that you TRIPLE check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

I thought that the Tilles Center was great! I love how the cellos were playing so fast and not missing any note that they played, and since I play the cello I want to try to play as fast as them one day.

My favorite part of the whole show was the hippo part at the end of the show. That was my favorite part because I thought that it was a very funny way to wrap up the show.

When Mr. Dugger took a video during the show, I think that we should put on tinyurl.com/duggerwiki, teachertube.com, or tinyurl.com/duggerblog.

If I were asked to say one sentence on the video to describe it, I would say that it was very very very very cool.

Article posted March 18, 2009 at 12:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 58

On March 17, 2009 our class went to the Long Island Philharmonic at the Tilles Center for Performing Arts. I thought that they were amazing and they performed well. I liked the lights up on the ceiling when they kept changing. My favorite part was when the performers danced to the nutcracker songs. Mr. Dugger took a video of our experiences that day and I think that we should create a movie with it and show it to other teachers and classes. If I were asked to say one sentence on the video to describe my experience it would be:

"It is a wonderful music experience".

Mr. D's challenge answer: I think that our class would enjoy rock or hip-hop because we have never heard anyone play or do rock or hip-hop live on stage and also because it makes audience want to dance.

I thought it was amazing cause they didnt make any mistakes I thought that was incredible. My favorite part was when the big giant hippo came out. I think we should show the video to the class like we already did. If I were asked to say something on that video I would say I liked the big fat hippo. I think our class would like jazz because we are doing a chourus song on it and I think everyone likes it.

Article posted March 20, 2009 at 03:18 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 51

Well, since Mr. Dugger taped our experiences at the concert, this might be an opertunity to just make a video of the pictures and videos with the music. I think that will be the most reasonable thing to do. Unless you want to keep the pictures or keep the music...

I don't know where this blog is going but

that's what I think we should do with our videos.

Article posted March 19, 2009 at 01:20 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 62

I thought the orchestra was really cool and looong. My favorite part was when the hippo came with a pink dress and started to dance. I think we should put the video on our blog,or on teachertube, or even here. My sentence would be very very fun and strange.

Article posted March 19, 2009 at 12:58 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 59

1.I thought they were so good and incredible and excellent.

2.My favorite part was when they played the nutcracker songs.

3.I don't know,I think we should put them on teacher tube.

4.If I were to say one sentence to describe my experience that day,I would say "they played wonderful.

Article posted March 20, 2009 at 11:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 60

Our recent trip that we went to was to the Tilles Center to see the Philharmonic concert. I loved it! I thought that my class loved and the other classes too. My favorite part was when the big pink hippo came up the stage and danced. My other favorite part was the "Nutcracker" songs. I think that we should make a video combined and make it into a memory of fourth grade. The word that I would about the trip is: Terrific!!

Article posted March 20, 2009 at 12:00 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 58

Hi, on Tuesday my class went to the Tilles Center for Performing Arts. I thought it was awesome to go to such a wonderful orchestra. My favorite part was at the end when a big pink hippo just walked on stage. My teacher also took a video of our trip with it, it’s movie time. With one sentence I would describe the trip like this: The trip was awesome. Finally, I think that my class would enjoy rap music because it’s like rock’n roll, only quieter. Well, bye.

Article posted March 20, 2009 at 03:13 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 54

Just recently we went to the Long Island Philharmonic Center to see a concert. I think their orchestra performance was unbelievable. I loved how the violins played so well. My favorite part of the trip was the part when they played Billy Joel because it felt like a light bulb lighting up in my head.I also think we should put the videos we took on youtube.The one sentence I would say about the concert= It was extraordinary.

Article posted March 20, 2009 at 12:01 AM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 114

Visiting the Long Island Philharmonic was very exciting. My favorite part of the trip was watching the dancing hippo. That was truely amazing and funny. I think that we should put the video on the blog and let other people watch it. One sentence to describe the entire day is, "What A Wonderful Day Trip". I would also play the music from the song, "What A Wonderful World", in the backgroung of our classs video. I would suggest that our next trip should be to a Rock and Roll concert. That would be a lot of fun!

Rock on dudes!

Mike L. M.

p.s. please comment on my blog

I think the orchestra was great. I like the back round and the way the colors changed.It was cool. I was never in a place like that. My favorite part was when they played the Nut Cracker and the part when the fat hippo came out. I think we should put the video on YouTube. All I would say is the Philharmonic Rocks!

The whole fourth grade in my school and in others went to the Tilles Center and we saw the Philharmonics. My favorite part was the last song when this big pink hippo came out and started to dance with other dancers that performed in it. The thing I think we should do with the video Mr. Dugger made is we should put in on teacher tube or show it to other classes but not the fourth grade because they already saw it. If I said one sentence about the show I would say it was ok.

The challenge: If I had to pick another music show I would pick to go to my cousin Steve  and hear him sing.

This Tuesday, March 17th, 2009, my grade and other schools went to the Tilles Center to watch the Long Island Philharmonic. I thought the Long Island Philharmonic was very good. They followed the conductor very well. For kids who play instruments it was a way to show them how to behave, sit, and how to play to get a better sound. I thought they gave a wonderful performance. My favorite part of the performance was the jazz piece with the 16 year old. It was really cool! The lights made the scene even better. They were purple some of the time, and a bit red too. My teacher, Mr. Dugger, took videos of the concert and he took mini interviews with the students of my class. I think we can make a mini movie presentation out of it. We can use Windows Movie Maker. It could be fun. If I were to say one word in the video about our experience it would be “exciting”. I don’t know completely why, but if another class went there I think that some kids might think it’s exciting too! It was indeed a great experience and I know many other kids think the same.

Article posted March 20, 2009 at 12:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 60

Our class went to a concert at the Tilles Center.  I thought the orchestra was great and very loud.  My favorite  part was when this 16 year old boy came in the concert. He played the piano  and he played it beautifully.  Next time I want to go in Manhattan to Carnegie Hall and eat at the Russian Tea Room,  it  is next door .  I think we should see the video at the end of school year.

Hi! I thought the L.I. Philharmonic was great! I loved how they had different types of music like they had more upbeat music and classical music. I had two favorite parts. They are when the big hippo came on stage and how they added the ballet in the Nutcracker Suite. If I had one sentence to say about the music, it would be : " A wonderful experience." What I think we should do with our video is to blend all of the parts together and make one big video of our time at the Tillies Center. I think the class would like more upbeat/ jazzy type music because Yianni said he was sleeping for part of the time and most of the class said they liked the Billy Joel and the 16 year old piano player. Anyways, Got to go!

Kayla

I thought the orchestra  was great because listening to there soft and admiring music made me fall asleeep! My favorite part was the last song withe the demented  hippo dancing. I also liked the changing backround. I would say it was the most fun I ever had!  I didn't like the video that much because I wasn't in it!

Last Tuesday we went to the Tillies center of preforming arts. We saw a HUGE orchstra. I thought they were very good. My favorite part was the first part when they did the jazz music. My teacher took a video about it. I think we should put it on our class wiki. The 1 sentence I would say for this performance is AWESOME=http:// because it was well excellent!

I THINK IT WAS VERY COOL BECAUSE SOME OF THE SONGS I'VE NEVER HEARD OF BUT SOME OF THEM I KNEW.

MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN THEY DID THE BILLY JOEL SONGS BECAUSE I LISTEN TO THEM WITH MY DAD.

IF I HAD TO EXPLAIN WHAT IT WAS LIKE I'D SAY,IT WAS VERY FUN AND INTERESTING.

I tink they were pretty good because the conductor was funny and how they danced. My favorite part was when thge big fat dancing hippo was dancing. That was funny. We should put the video on the home page and the blog because we can see it every week. I would say "it was interesting music". We should go see my uncles band because it is rock music and it has really great music. That would be a good field trip.

I am a fourth grade boy. In my spare time I like to play video games. my favorite color is blue. My favorite subject is math. I can unlock all the bonus characters in Super Smash Bros Brawl.