Copyright (c) 2014 by Michael L Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Michael L -- Blogmeister

Michael's Fantasy

0809

by Michael L

Title: Electro-Dependence (02/02/09)
Description: Our class is now involved in a Science unit exploring electricity. As we construct different types of circuits safely and carefully, we are taking a look at the world around us. By taking a look at our classrooms and our homes, it is clear that electricity is a big part of our lives.

Think about the following questions:
· Do you think that we depend too much on electricity? Why or why not?
· What do you think life would be like if we didn't have electricity?
· If you were an inventor and created something new, what would you rather see it run on instead of electricity and why? Support your choice with juicy reasons!

You may also add any other information that you would like.

Also, you can comment on blog entries of other students in our classroom or in classrooms that we are sharing with.

Make sure that you TRIPLE check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

I think that we do depend on electricity too much because most of the things that we use in our daily life involve electricity. For ex: We use electricity to wash and dry clothes. Another thing is that instead of washing and drying dishes we use a dish washer. That’s why I think that we depend on electricity to much.

I think that life would be hard if there was no electricity because we wouldn’t have any heat to keep our selves warm so we would have to run out and build a fire. Another thing that that we would have to do is wash and dry clothes and dishes too., And if there was an emergency we would not be able to call anyone to ask them to help because there would not be any phones. That is why I think that life would be hard if we didn’t have electricity to use.

If I was an inventor I would create a laptop that ran on light instead of electricity. It would work by light going into a lens and powering up the computer. And it doesn’t matter on what type of light is shining in the lens so you can power it up by a lamp. I’ll call this invention the Light Top. This is my blog.

Article posted February 5, 2009 at 01:01 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 72

Our class is now involved in a Science unit exploring electricity. I think we depend too much on electricity because most of the things around us run on electricity. Without electricity life would be chaotic. There would be no…

·Traffic lights

·Computers

·Televisions

·Smart boards

·Telephones

·I-pods

·Microwaves

·Ovens

·Refrigerators

·Toasters

·Washing machines

·Dryers

·Electric bulbs

·Heaters

·Air conditioners

·Humidifiers

·Cars

·Remotes for garages to open

Etc………………………………………

Without any electricity I wouldn’t even be doing this blog!

If I were an inventor and created something new, I would rather see it run on alternative energy. For Example, solar and wind. I would like to invent this so that we won’t depend too much on electricity.

Article posted February 6, 2009 at 12:29 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 60

Yes I do think we depend a lot on electricity because we use it on tvs, computers, video games etc.a nd we always depend on it by thinking it will work. If we didn't have electricity I would kinda like it so then we can invent all these things. If I were to run something thats not electricity I would invent a computer running on solar powered because it is a source of free energy.

If there was no electricity, there would be no dish washers, coffee makes and other basic household equipment.

I will explain the modern house without electricity. (the things we can't use without electricity)

-TV

-Computer

-Laptop

-Dishwasher

-Coffee Maker

-Phone

-IPod Touch Or IPhone (I love using this =))

-Clocks

-Fans

-Air Conditioner

All the supermarkets would contain foods that don't spoil. If you think about it, then it would be scary.

Some foods that don't spoil or require cooking/baking etc.

-Steak

-Kentucky Fried Chicken

-Spinach (even thought I hate it)

-Ice Cream

If you come to think about it, life without electricity would be horrible. =(

If there was something I could invent that runs on something besides electricity, it would be the

AC-TOP

What's special? This:

-Laptop

-Runs On Acorns (I hope you laughed)

-Shpaed Like A Giant Acorn

-Each Acorn Placed = 1 Hour Energy

-Wireless

I just have one thought about the AC-TOP.

If they do invent it, (this might sound really wierd)

People in the future MIGHT start fighting for acorns. =(

Article posted February 5, 2009 at 02:25 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 74

Yes, I do think we depend too much on electrcity because like computers and light bulbs etc. Almost everything we have works on electricity. I think it would be hard to see anything if we didn't have electricity. If I was able to create something it would be cars driven on ethanol. Why, because it is made from vegetables like corn. Ethanol is better and safer for the environment.

Article posted February 3, 2009 at 01:10 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 71

1.Yes,we do depend too much on electricity because it makes life easier.

2.If there were no electricity it would make life hard,for example in winter we have no heater,no use for computers,tv and the lights.

3.If I were a inventor and I would have created somthing new I would create solar energy because it can bring environmental protection and save the earth.

I think that we don't depend on electricity that much because people that have electricity don't run out to get more light bulbs or call the fire department saying that they have a fire. Life would have been hard without electricity because if it was dark on a school day, the only thing that would help you is a little dim, dim, dim and very dim candle at your service. I would a invention that was called "The Time Machine" that runs on battery. I chose this invention because when I was little, I wanted somebody to invent something like this because I want to go back to the past and see the past and the future. Thank you for reading my blog! Michelle :)

Hey, what’s up. Today, the subject is how we use electricity. First off, I’m happy that we have electricity so I can write this blog. I think that we depend on electricity too much. We are trying to use less of it. Also, because we depend on electricity for our TV, computer, game systems, etc. I think life without electricity would be a lot harder. We wouldn’t TV, and we would have to find another form of entertainment. We wouldn’t have computers, and I wouldn’t be able to write this blog. If I were an inventor and created something that didn’t run on electricity I would invent the Cartato. It would run on potatoes because potatoes are easy to get and you wouldn’t be wasting anything (except your dinner). Also if you want this Cartato you can bid on it , but the bidding starts at $12,000. I may be rich and you will be happy with your Cartato, but remember BID ON THIS CAR! Bye.

Article posted February 6, 2009 at 02:51 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 84

I think we depend too much on electricity because these days we have ipods, cars, tv's, games, radios and etc. If we didn't have electricity, at night people would be running around with giant candlesticks in their hands. Also, transportation would lead back to carriages and steam cars. Since this article is called "The Invention" here is the part. If I was to invent a product that does not run on electricity it would be a magnetcar. A magnetcar is a car that runs on magnetic power. It does this by placing magnetic bars under roads so when a car wants to move, the bar moves and then the car follows it. P.S. If you go th the future, people probably will have weird cars. (That was my opinion)

Article posted February 6, 2009 at 02:07 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 62

I think we should conserve electricity because when you conserve electricity you can save a lot of money. If we didn't have electricity we wouldn't have much light. We would have to use candles to have light. This wouldn't make things very easy. But if we have electricity life would be much easier. If I was an inventor I would make electricity run by air because it wouldn't be wasting energy a lot.

Electricity is very important to everyone. Some people use electricity a lot. When it's hot in the Summer people always turn the ac on. It wastes a lot of electricity. If we didn't have electricity, we would still be using candles. If I could invent something other than electricity, it would probably be some kind of oil. You would pour the oil out into a tube. Than, the tube would make a fan spin.

We depend too much on electricity because we use it all the time. If we didn't have electricity we would be very unhappy because we wouldn't have lights, radio, tv,and video games. If I were an inventor I would create something that would run on air. Air is the only thing we have that can't be wasted. The best part is that air is free! Wouldn't that be great!

Article posted February 6, 2009 at 02:02 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 67

We all depend on electricity every day in many ways. It would be dark with out light. Life with out electricity would mean no video games or t.v. and I would not be able to charge my laptop. If I were an inventor I would see it run on water because water is good for the environment.

Hello there this blog is about electricity. I wrote a blog like this but this is a different one. I think we depend on electricity too much in our lives because we always watch tv, go on the computer, cook and use light but we need light. I think if we did not have electricity our lives would be difficult and boring because we didn't have fun stuff to do. If I was an inventor and I had to create something that didn't run on electricity I think it should run on man power. Such as cranking tv when you want to watch it, cranking the computer, cranking the oven and the lights when you need it. And I think it should also run on solar energy so we are using natural resources and we don't need to move to crank anything.

Article posted February 6, 2009 at 12:23 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 65

Electricity is a very important resource in our lives. Think about it. If we didn’t have electricity we wouldn’t be able to have Air Condition, heat, T.V, computers, cars, light, and many other more. How about George Washington? He didn’t have electricity; he had to live with it. My question for you is, “ What do you think your life would have been if we don’t have electricity?” I think that many people would have made good clothes for the different seasons because we wouldn’t have AC or Heat. I bet a lot of people would be trying to invent electricity, but it won’t work. A lot of kids and adults, these days do depend on electricity too much. I know you guys probably have done this at least once. Asking mom or dad to watch T.V or play video games. Am I right? But, when they say no, we got to understand, because inventors go through a lot to make things for you and the world. The least we could do for them is to appreciate their hard work and not waste it. What if you were an inventor and you learned that someone was wasting your product, how would you feel? I know it’s fun to watch, I do it too, but we have to learn to control it. If I were an inventor, I would probably make something that is useful. I would call it, The Bunny Stealer. It is like a vacuum, but it is so much better! It would run on cotton. Pretty weird. “The Bunny Stealer” steals away all those little dust bunnies that people hate. Cotton is very nice and soft and it attracts dust bunnies with its softness. Cotton grows and comes from a plant and is grown many places. It’s a resource that is very easy to get and is wonderful to use. I hope my “Bunny Stealer” gives you what you want. By the way, what would you invent and what would it run on, why? Thank You for letting me gives you thoughts on my invention!!

In our class we have been talking about elecricitiy.  I think we depend on elecricity too much because we need  it for taking showers, washing our hands ,the lights in our house and to cook food.  That is way I think we depend on electricity too much.  I think if we did not have electricity in our lives it would be bad because it would be all dark and we would not see  anything.  If  I were an inventor I would create a car that flies.  It would glide and not use electricity to run.  Electricity needs constant power,but gliding is natural.

Article posted February 6, 2009 at 01:20 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 76

HELLO PEOPLE OF THE WORLD! OK. So, I think we depend too much on electricity. Sometimes people leave on TV's and lights and they take advantage of how easy it is for us to get electricity. And THAT'S how electricity bills go up. I think it would be really weird without electricity. I've been in black-outs before and it's not THAT bad, but having that for your WHOLE LIFE?! Now that, that would be really hard to live through. I can't even IMAGINE the 1600, 1700 hundreds. I would invent a document reader. It would be a thin small device that you can read important documents in. Like, the Constitution or The Declaration of Independence. Would you use it???!!! COMMENT ME PLEASE!

Kayla

I think we depend on electricity too much because everything in our houses that is automatic runs on elecricity. If we didn't have elecricity then we have to light candles instead of pushing a switch. We have no computers and other electronics. I would think of a eephone that has a big wire attached to it and your voice would travel through the big wire and the person that you were talking to would hear you.

I think we do depend too much on electricity because light is electricity, heat is electricity, and we use electricity to use computers, stoves, and refrigerators. If we did not have electricity life will be much harder. If I could make something new I would use water insted of electricity because water is a way to make electricity and water is a natural resource. Electricity is not.

If I could invent anything but it couldn't run on electricity I would make a doll that walks, talks, sleeps, plays, and eats! She can also hold things.If you need a doll house she can turn into one and if you need a doll you can open a little slot in her back...and you now have a doll for your doll house! All you have to do is hit a red button for her to move and a green botten for a house. And instead of batteries she runs on vegetable oil! That is what I would invent if it couldn't run on electricity=http://!!!

I think we definately depend on too much electricity. Everything we do depends on it. We wouldn't  be able to cook, see after dark, use the computer and watch T.V.  Life would be very hard if we didn't have  electricity.  I  would invent something  that you can cook, learn and use light. It  would be powered by the Sun's heat. The heat would come through a tiny hole and plug in so it can work. That would be good.

Yes, I do think we depend too much electricity. Because we use most of are things run on it. I think we would be like caveman. Because they had to try to make a fire just to see, and cook! I would like to see my invention run on static electricity because I think it would be cool to see how it works, and would be interesting to see all the new things that I can learn about it.

I am a fourth grade boy. In my spare time I like to play video games. my favorite color is blue. My favorite subject is math. I can unlock all the bonus characters in Super Smash Bros Brawl.