Copyright (c) 2014 by Dennis Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Dennis -- Blogmeister

0809

by Dennis

Title: Inauguration (01/20/09)
Description: This week, our great nation is celebrating the inauguration of President Barack Obama. Ever since George Washington in the year 1789, every president has taken an oath of office. It is like a promise that he or she will do their job according to the rules. He or she will say this promise:

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Now it is your turn. Think about what the President should promise. Think about his or her responsibilities as our leader. Think about the challenges that face us as a country. If you could write the promise that the President of the United States should say, what would you write? Be specific.

You may also add any other information that you would like.

Also, you can comment on blog entries of other students in our classroom or in classrooms that we are sharing with.

Make sure that you TRIPLE check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

Article posted January 23, 2009 at 01:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 335

I think that President, Barak Obama should promise to keep the U.S. economy strong so that families can work and keep their jobs. The President should also promise to help the environment by encouraging everyone to recycle, save electricity and be less wasteful. Many companies are cutting down forests which causes animals to not have a home. I would like to have more trees planted so that the air can improve and animals will have a home.

Article posted January 23, 2009 at 01:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 62

On January 20, 2009 president elect Barack Obama actually became president of The United States. He promised or sweared to do something for our country. My promise is to care, defend, do what is right for America, and help our country. This would be my oath: I do solemnly swear that I will care for our country, defend, do what is right for America, help our country, stop war and build better schools for our country to help children have really good education, so help me god. I know that is a lot of things, but if I were president I would work really really hard and make it so that I can make America a better place.

I hope that Barack Obama and his family will have fun living in the White

If I were the president and I made a Promise I would say "I would keep the United States by making sure nobody will get hurt. I also will make sure that nobody will litter."

As you know, a few days ago President elect Obama turned into presedent Obama!

I saw the whole thing happen on TV.

First, there is a lot of talking. There is music, speeches, people singing songs and finally at the end, they sing the national anthem.

Presedent Obama said the words:

I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of Presedent of the United States, and to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

I think this means to try your best to help America be a better place and solve problems like:

-Pollution

-Homeless/Poor

-Dumping garbage into rivers

1.I would like the president to make people stop polluting the air.

2.Help Globle warming

3.To stop littering around the earth

Article posted January 22, 2009 at 12:55 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 58

1. The first thing I would like the president to promise is don't cut our education budget.

2.The second promise is make education more fun.

3.My last promise is help the poor people.

I think that the promise that President Barack Obama should promise our Earth by:

1. To help Global Warming

2. To stop polluting

3. To stop littering around the world which produces Global Warming which is very bad for our Mother Earth

4. Take out the law: NEVER LEAVE A CHILD BEHIND in the schools!

These promises might change the world if our President Barak Obama will make these changes (promises) to the world our Mother Earth will be saved.

Thank you for reading my blog!

Michelle :)

HEY!!!!!!=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http:// If you’re reading this blog, you’re very lucky because this blog may someday change the world. Now, I’m about to tell you about responsibilities of the President of the U.S.A. first of all, the responsibilities that the President has are protecting the country, bringing peace to the world, creating jobs for people who don’t have them and making the Earth a greener place to live. Also, the challenges that face us as a country are finding jobs, and trying to get a higher economy. If I could write the promise that the President of the United States should say, I would write “I positively swear that in my years as President, I will make the world the best world that I can make it.” Well, that’s enough, bye, but remember, this blog may someday change the world.

Article posted January 23, 2009 at 12:01 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 71

If I was a president I would promise these 5 things.

1.Try to stop global warming

2.Stop pollution

3.Stop terrorist attacks

4.Get the economy up and going

5.Create more job opportunities

Article posted January 23, 2009 at 12:10 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 191

The president of the United States should promise the people that he will do his best to get our nation out of recession as quikly as possible and to create more jobs to get our economy back on track. He should also work on bringing our troops back home from Iraq safely. The president should focus on the problems in our country first before helping another country.

Article posted January 23, 2009 at 12:43 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 59

As you should know, the Inauguration is always January 22. Barak Obama is the fist African American to be voted president. Everyone is proud of Obama. In school we watched the Inauguratoion. We saw the Joe Biden and Barak Obama get sworn in. There were amazing perfomances. The Inauguration was very big. Barak Obama is the 44th president. So remember, watch the Inauration next January 22. Go Obama!

Article posted January 21, 2009 at 01:33 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 63

President Barack Obama should promise that he will keep us safe from terrorists. He should also promise that he will help homeless people in America. He took an oath today and said that he will do his best to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. I hope he keeps his promise.

I think President Barack Obama should promise to help and defend the nation. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said we should all live as one. I think the president should help use follow Dr. King's dream. Finally I think the president should

BRING PEACE AND LOVE TO THE NATION!!!

I think the promise Barack Obama should make is to create more jobs and he should stop the war in Iraq and try to make friends like Martin Luther King Jr. said.

And my dad told me one day Barack Obama will find the leader of the terrorists that knocked down the Twin Towers, hopefully.Barack Obama should follow through with the promises he made

during his election campaign. If he keeps some of his promises we might be in a better place then we are now.

Article posted January 23, 2009 at 12:09 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 122

This past Tuesday, January 20th, our new president got inaugurated. An inauguration is when the president - elect (the president that got elected, but isn't president yet) has to take a promise to try to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. This promise or swearing goes like this: “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

After this promise is said, the previous president is not president anymore. The president - elect would now take his or hers place asThe President of the United States of America. Now that this new president is president, the president has a few more responsibilities than he or she had before. If I have to pick these responsibilities, what he or she has to do would be something like this: He or she should be able to lead our country the right way, tell us right from wrong and not to be afraid to speak up. Some people are brilliant and great people, but they just can’t bring themselves to speak up. They feel if they do it, they may not change anything (if it is a problem), but a truly responsible president shouldn’t feel that way. He shouldn’t be afraid to talk to his people because, like my teacher said, the president is not the boss of us; we’re the boss of him. If you think about it, you’ll understand. The president listens to us. He/she doesn’t make big decisions without talking to us. Don’t presidents give speeches? This is their way of talking with us. These are some of the responsibilities that I think that a great president should be able to do. I did a pretty good job at making responsibilities, let’s see if I can write a presidential promise:

“ I do solemnly swear that I will do the best I can at being The President of the United States of America. I will give all my might to protect, preserve and defend our country. As president, it is my job to help this wonderful country through thick and thin, through wars and economic crises. I will lead you the right direction, show you brighter paths and give you all I can. I make a promise on this day. Oh! Help me America. Give me faith and trust and I promise to give you what I can!”

I think I did a pretty good job! All presidents, I believe, should do the best they can and try to give their country what is right and needed! *! *! *

Article posted January 22, 2009 at 12:02 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 60

This year we have a new president.  The president made some promises to the people. I think taxes are too much money, people are losing jobs, and people are having to much wars.  I think the president should work very hard to  fix these things.  I think President Obama will keep these promises.

Article posted January 20, 2008 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 107

Hi! Hello! Today (January 20) is an important day for the USA:)! President Barak Obama is going to take the Oath of Office or the Inauguration and become The President Of The United States! After the Inauguration, there is going to be an Inaugurational Ball. There are ten balls in the same day! The press is going to be looking closly at First Lady Michelle Obama's Inauguration dress. They have this special room where the put all of the Inauguration dresses from the past years. Mrs. Obama is keeping her dress as a secret until the ball. As for Malila and Sasha, (the president's daughters) I don't really know.

My oath would be, I do solemnly swear to faithfully, truthfully, environmentally, safely, and healthfully execute the office of The United States, and defend The Constitution of The United States, so help me God.

Kayla

The president's promise should be=

I solemnly promise that I will faithfully take care of not only our country's environment but the world's environment. As president of the United States, I will do my best ability to preserve, protect, and defend the environment and the United States!!!

That's what it should be!!!

Oh Yeah=http://=http://=http://=http://!!!!

Tuesday, January 20th 2009 was the Inaugration for the next president. The next president is Barak Obama. He said the oath to office, made his speech, then thanked the united states for electing him. I've never seen an Inaugration before. That is the Inaugration blog.

I think the new president should have better security to keep us safe.

I think that he should do that because on 9/11 they bombed the Twin Towers and a lot of people died. I know it was a long time ago but you kever know what could happen.

Our new president should promise to keep our Country safe from terrorists. We have to make more jobs for our Country. Help the homeless, the sick and the elderley. Help the enviorment and we need to make peace with foreign Countrys. Also help poor childern with college. Thats whats what would tell President Barack Obama.

Hey, my oath as a president would be...I swear to do my best for being the President of the United States, and to work hard, help, and care. Thank you for letting me to be the President of the United States. That is my oath if I were the President of the United States. Bye I will blog soon! see you then

thank you love,

Anastasia

I think what I put down should be in the oath that the president makes. I say there should be a part that says they swear that they should do the following:

1. They should cut all of the nonsense about tax. It is hard enough to pay the money.

2. They have to stop destroying the natural habitat of animals. We are the most dangerous animals.

3. Encourage to give to the poor. It is bad for our society to not care about other people.

4. Make the policemen stronger. Security needs to be stronger. Or we are in danger.

This ends my blog. Hope it concerned you about our society. Maybe if you become president, you will do these things I have put down.

I am a boy in 4th grade. In my spare time, I like to read books. My favorite color is red. My favorite subject is math. Sigh, even if I give up, I shall not stop and if I give up, I lose my dream.