Copyright (c) 2014 by Gordon Brune Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Gordon Brune -- Blogmeister

by Gordon Brune

5B Custom Search
DoGoNews
Kwout
What should I read next?
Our RSS Feed
Research
Shelfari
Assignments
VozMe
Our Class Library
School Library Catalog
Grolier Encyclopedia
Spelling City
MAS 5th Grade
GlowDay
Passwords

Article posted August 25, 2008 at 04:04 PM GMT0 • comment (39) • Reads 226

Welcome to Mr. Brune's 2008-2009 5th grade class in Mamaroneck, NY, USA!

See this year's class HERE.

As of June 26, 2009, this website (blog) is now closed. The students have graduated. You can feel free to comment to a student's work, but I can't promise they'll comment back.

And former students, you can continue to post and comment, too. I'll always be here to publish!

See past classes HERE.

2008-2009

This website is a place to publish some of the work we do in our class. Some of the work published here is our thinking about the news. Some of the work is our "Writing Projects," self-selected writing projects the students initiate. Formal class assignments will also be published here.

The work is coded in each title as follows: A = teacher assignment N = writing about the news WP = writing project (self-initiated writing).

It's also coded as "audio" if there is an audio recording of the work and "video" if there is a video version.

Leave a comment for a specific student by visiting his or her page to the right and leaving a comment at the bottom of an article. All comments are moderated -- they are sent to me for approval before being published to this website.

It's all about those comments and having an audience! We wouldn't waste our time with this website if it wasn't for the comments we get! Leave us a comment and we'll comment back! Sometimes it takes us a bit of time to comment back. We have only 4 classroom computers so it's hard for each of us to get to our comments as quickly as we would like.

Classes that have commented to us: Ms.Kelly's DTH NewsCast (Password protected, no commenting available) Mrs. Emmert's fifth graders in Georgia Mr.C.'s 5th Grade Class in Noel, Missouri (USA) Mr. Smith's 4th grade in Hannibal, Missouri (USA) Mr. Milloy's intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada Mr. Monson's 5th Grade Class in Duluth, Minnesota (USA)

Mr. Howitt's 5th Graders in Shanghai, China

PLEASE remember to include a link to your webpage (blog) in the comment or it's VERY hard for us to find you! If you don't include a link back to your webpage (blog) we might not be able to comment back! Below is what the comment fields will look like when you click on the "comment" link at the bottom of someone's article. Note, sometimes you have to scroll WAY down past other comments to see these comment fields. Also, you don't HAVE to include an email address or a link to a webpage -- but if you do include a link to your webpage (blog) it makes it easier for us to comment back
.

commenting fields

flash test poll

Get This - Survey Results - GlowDay.com

2009

Gordon Brune is a 5th Grade Teacher at Mamaroneck Avenue Elementary School in Mamaroneck, New York (USA). mamk
This is his 19th year teaching. He has taught 1st - 5th grades. Read more about him HERE.

You can reach him by leaving a comment at the bottom of the "Welcome" article on this home page, click HERE, or email him at brune@mamkschools.org

The last 3 books we've read:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Pixs from our whole 5th grade:
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from MAS5 tagged with 2009. Make your own badge here.
This website is a school sponsored communication forum. All material posted by students will be governed by the Appropriate Use Policy, especially the district policies against bullying and harassment and the district Internet Use policy provisions addressing offensive language and transmission of personal information about self or others. Go HERE to read the Appropriate Use Policy.