Copyright (c) 2016 by Michael Sandridge Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister

Mr. Sandridge's Class

Welcome to Room 201's Classroom Blog. Third graders from Maryland who are posting their creativity for others to enjoy!

by Michael Sandridge

Article posted November 9, 2010 at 02:59 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 292

Today, the afternoon class did an activity called The Mystery Science Box. Someone put on a blindfold, then one of us had to handle an item blindfolded. They had to use all of their senses except sight to describe the item using "juicy sentences"

By doing this we learned how to make our writing a lot more detailed and interesting.

Article posted January 22, 2010 at 02:20 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 158

Check out some of our artwork in Ms. Connor's Health Class. You can watch it on the new MAE/Parrs Fine Arts Blog.

Article posted November 11, 2009 at 09:07 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 189

Today in ILA Mr.S assessed on how well we knew capitlising proper nouns.We also watched a BRAIN POP movie about veterins day.It talked about the Armed Forces and how they protect our country.At the end of the day we did a graphic orginizer on the armed forces.

Article posted June 8, 2009 at 08:00 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 171

Your first assignment is to complete the student Blog Survey. Please be honest and do your best. Its important for the students that will be in third grade next year.

1. Blog Survey (Students)

Next Select some games to play from the list. Please have your volume turned down.

Kidspell

National Geographic Kids

ABCya!

Article posted November 22, 2008 at 07:55 AM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 132

Happy Saturday everybody! 

On Friday, we were able to walk to every third grade classroom and look at everyone's science projects on geographical features. The morning class thought it would be a good idea if some of them "reported" what they saw so they could post it here on the blog for everyone to see.  

However, some of my reporters did not leave their names on their work, so I don't know who wrote each article. Maybe some of you can post a comment and let me know who wrote each article? Also, thanks to Ethan for taking some of the pictures. They look great!

Have a great weekend, and keep posting!

-Mr. Sandridge

.Banana Island has a nice lake called Lilly Lake .Dutch Bill is A 3-D island and it is cool .Boney Island is so weird .Bay island looks so gooey .Girls Rock island is so cool for girls.  By Libby 

Because you can move it around. And I like Jonathan’s project because they have cave on it. And I like Ryan’s project because the have a big island. I like Charlotte Island because it is big and it has trees on it. I like Katie’s because it has red gooey stuff in the volcano. I like GHON GAGNONS projects because you can see that his volcano looks real.  by Unknown              

Riley’s project is very pop out.

Compton: These projects are cool because they have so realistic stuff on them Brown: these are so cool some body’s volcano looks like a bowling all Richel: These are so cool a lot of people did a slide show  

Hammack: (did not get to see slide show got broken) but I think they would be good.

Stevens: I like these projects they are so cool because they are 3d and they worked so hard

By: Unknown

All of the projects are great. I like how their about land scapes. They must have taken a really long time on some of them. Now let’s go to a different room now. I liked Ryland, Banana islands, and sea shell islands. They have so much detail and they put a lot of effort in that. I liked mii island volcano islands, and sports islands those were cool!!! Next is down stairs I like Nagia, Alicipyia, and rocky mountain AWESOME!!! Next class I like Girls rock island, island of rock more, and Chesapeake Island.  That’s all for now!!! By: Unknown

In our room and in other rooms up stairs and down stairs. Jacob’s Island is called Fantasy Island. Kate’s has a lot of detail in her project. Some people made them out of clay or other stuff. One in a different class used a blue bendy straw as there river (Natalie). In the same class someone named theirs Candy Island. Hannah’s is very sparkly. Some people made slide shows for their Islands. Some people made Lego Islands. Some people used natural resource like real grass. Some of our projects are in the media center. We are in a down stairs class room (Mrs. Brown’s room) JT’s Island is called Bay Island. One kids looks like a mini put-put golf course. Miss.Reichl’s class has mostly paper projects. Some one used a cup as a mountain. Some people made their water out of pebbles. We saw a lot of projects today when we were doing our gallery walk. It was really cool to see different peoples projects.                 By: Unknown                                                                        

2008 Afternoon