Copyright (c) 2014 by Amy Kenyon Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Amy Kenyon -- Blogmeister

The View From 3rd Grade

by Amy Kenyon

Life in Lower School (Mrs. Kenyon)
North Shore Names (Mr. Green)
Classroom of the Mysteries VoiceThread
The Electronic Pencil (Mr. Hodgson's 6th Graders)
3rd Grade Websites
Risley Roarer's Blog (Mr. Crosby's 6th graders-Nevada)
Mighty Writers (Mr. Ahlness's 3rd Graders-Washington)
Mrs. Heaton's Class (4th grade-South Carolina)
A World of Wonder (Ms. Shulman's 2nd graders-Northbrook)
Third Grade Audio
Public Radio Exchange

Article posted January 27, 2009 at 03:43 AM GMT0 • comment (9) • Reads 1711

Mrs. Kenyon is giving a presentation called "Blogging in a 3rd Grade Classroom" at the Northern Illinois Computing Educators (NICE) Mini-Conference this Saturday, January 31st.  She will be talking to other teachers about this blog that we started this fall.  She would also like to share your thoughts and feelings about blogging with these teachers and with other people who read this blog.

Please choose 4 of the following 6 questions to answer in complete sentences: What do you like about blogging?  Why is it different then writing things down in your writer's notebook?  Do you like giving or receiving comments better?  What is your favorite comment that you received?  What is your favorite post that you have written?  What else would you like to write about on the blog?

You are going to write a blog post about Today I Will Fly by Mo Willems.  Choose two of the questions below to answer.  Each answer should have at least two sentences.

1. Did you like, dislike, or think the book was OK?

2. The story is supposed to be funny.  Did you think it was funny?

3. What age children would like the book?

4. How did the words and pictures work together to tell the story?

5. Would you want to be friends with Elephant and Piggies? Why or why not?

Article posted October 31, 2008 at 01:43 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 141

Happy Halloween!  We have now entered the blogging world.   After learning about  why we people blog and about how to use this site, we are creating our first posts about friendship.  Click on the "Friendship" link under the menu on the left called "Teacher Assignments" to see the questions we are responding to.  After creating our posts, we will create comments for each other and then invite other classes to comment as well.

Article posted July 8, 2008 at 09:34 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 222

Welcome to our first class blog! Once the 2008-09 school year gets underway, the 3rd graders will be posting their reflections, ideas, creative writing, and answers to discussion questions here in this space. Stay tuned!

3rd Grade 08-09

We are a 3rd grade class of beginning bloggers from North Shore Country Day School in Winnetka, IL