Copyright (c) 2014 by Belinda Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Belinda -- Blogmeister

Room 1 2011

Welcome to Room 1, 2011. There are many wonderful exciting action packed activities that we are going to be involved in this year. Be part of this magical journey by viewing our blog and be inspired for greater things...

by Belinda

teacher: Michael Cunliffe

Cheetah video add 11/28/10
Cheetah report 11/22/10
Cheetah quiz 11/21/10
My Chimp art 11/21/10
Te mahi kai 08/10/10
Andy Warhol Printing 07/25/10
Get out of our house! 07/20/10
Phantom Coach 07/20/10
Phantom Coach 06/27/10
Scarecrow 06/22/10
My Sample Recount Writing 05/18/10
My Chuck Close 03/23/10
Camp 12/01/09
PPP's 11/23/09
Pest letter 10/19/09
Eric Carle Butterfly 09/02/09
WHAT AM I ? 08/23/09
Chimpanzee Powerpoint 08/10/09
WINTER 06/24/09
SUMMER 06/24/09
BLUE 05/25/09
Photostory 11/18/08
Octopoem 08/21/08
Autumn Setting 07/31/08

Article posted November 29, 2010 at 01:10 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 96

This is my video add about cheetahs. Cheetahs are endangered.

Please watch my cheetah video bellow.

The cheetah is part of the cat family. The cheetah is the fastest animal on the planet and can reach speeds up to 110kph. The cheetah is endangered because of lots of different ways, for example, poachers kill the cheetahs for their fur, skin and teeth to sell for money.

Habitat

Cheetahs like warm dry places. They are best known for living in East Africa and South western Africa. They are normally found walking around in the Savannah grasslands and deserts and sometimes bush lands and semi deserts and might be found in tropical grasslands.

Diet

Cheetahs are carnivores which means they only eat meat. For example they eat warthogs, Impalas and lots of other animals. The main animal that the cheetah eats is the antelope. The cheetah is very good at catching its prey because of its long muscular legs, it can run really fast which gives the cheetah an advantage.

Characteristics

The cheetah has a longs streamlined body with long legs which is very useful. The male cheetah will make groups of 2-3 and those groups will go hunting together.

Behaviour

Cheetahs are very protective about their territory. The mummy cheetah takes her cubs hunting so when the cubs get older they know how to hunt for food.

Life Cycle

When the cheetah babies are little they are called cubs but when they get older they are called adult cheetahs.

Species and classification

The scientific name for the cheetah is Acinonyx Jubatus. The cheetah is a mammal which means when the mother gives birth they baby isn’t born in an egg and the baby drinks from the mother.

Natural Predators

The cheetah has lots of predators but its natural predators are lions, leopards, snakes, humans, wild dogs and hyenas.

Closing statement

The cheetah is being killed for lots of different reasons like for their skin and fur and also to keep as pets. If we don’t do something soon we will lose this lovely creature.

Click the link bellow to do my cheetah quiz

[LINK]

The first step that we had to do was copy a big and small circle onto our piece of paper. Then we got a step by step sheet and used the step by step to draw our monkey. Once we had finished our monkey we had to draw a back ground and colour it in. After that we had to go around our monkey in vivid. Then we ended up with our own chimp art.

ImageFra.me

Article posted August 11, 2010 at 12:52 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 57

During Maori food week we looked at different maori words and phrases for food. We then made a comic strip using our new maori words we learnt.

Check out my comic strip by clicking on the link below:

[LINK]

Article posted July 25, 2010 at 10:49 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 54

My Andy Warhol

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

Andy Warhol Model

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

Article posted July 21, 2010 at 01:24 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 67

My skeleton plot writing sample.

An old victiorina manchen is up for sale. No one knows but it has haunted ‘staff’ of terrible ghosts including a butler and other ghosts ervents. The ghosts never want to leave ‘their’ machen.

It is very important to the horrible ghosts that they like the new owners. If they have to share ‘their’ manchen, they want to have a say who moves in!

A gigantic number of people visited the ordinary machen to see if they wanted to buy it. First a little family of three came, but the ghosts didn’t like the family in a way so they started opening creacky doors and to the family it looked like nobody was opening the door so the family ran away and bellowed out ‘we don’t want to buy that manchen.’ Next was a school teacher called Miss Grumpy. The ghosts learnt why they call her Miss Grumpy so they took her hand bag off her and she yelled out ‘that manchen is haunted.’ Next was a young couple. The ghosts tried to scare them away but nothing worked they pocked the couple they whispered ‘I am going to haunt you’ but nothing worked so they decided to become friends and they did.

The couple finally brought the manchen. The ghosts took on their gobs as being servents and also helped the couple have a fantastic life together.

Article posted July 21, 2010 at 12:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 53

I am going to tell you an alarming story. I am positive that it is true. It happened 20 years ago in 1887. I have never told anyone this before. I was out walking in the dark dense forest when I became lost and white, soft snow started to fall from the grey clouds.

I knew I could not last the bitter murky night out in the open and made my way towards a bright, glowing light. It was a solid, brick house. I went into the house and a lovely man gave me some chocolate mud cake, some fresh spring water and some shelter for the night.

The owner of the house Jack, was very exotic. He told me a story about something that had happened that very freezing night three years earlier.

He told me that mail coach had been travelling in a mysterious snow storm, the panicking, saturated horses had slipped and the mail coach had toppled over a rocky, deadly cliff. The two black, chunky Clydesdales, the four men and the two drivers had sadly died.

The weather seemed to slowly, calm down so I decided to set off again. The owner of the house Jack told me quietly I would meet tonight’s mail coach if I set off immediately and tiptoed past the deadly cliff onto the crossroads. I would take me about a long hour but the black mail coach would halt there and I would be able to get a ride.

Anyway I set off again and I began to feel terrified and felt very strange. I had lost track of time and it became so dark that I couldn’t see. I was very surprised when I heard the mail coach clattering up behind me. It silently stopped and the two tall skinny drivers nodded when I politely asked if they would give me a lift.

I climbed inside the old fashioned mail coach and although it was even duskier than outside I could only just see that there were three men inside the coach. I tried to have a conversation with the three men, but none of the quiet, tired men would talk. Then I realised something was very wrong with the big, black coach and all the men. I tried to get the drivers to stop the cart but they didn’t so I tried to get out by myself but I couldn’t. I then heard a very high pitch screaming. It felt like we were flying through the air and I suddenly passed out. When I woke up two days later I found myself in my soft, warm bed. I had been found by two men in a snowdrift exactly where the coach had tragically crashed three years ago. But nothing else was found there.

I am going to tell you an alarming story. I am positive that it is true. It happened 20 years ago in 1887. I have never told anyone this before. I was out walking in the dark, dense forest when I became lost and white, soft snow started to fall from the grey clouds.

The Jackson family had been looking forward to going to the colourful, wooden rented cottage on the open, green countryside. When the Jackson family had finally arrived at the old, wooden cottage gate they saw next to the cottage was a big open paddock and in that paddock was an old, torn scarecrow that the family thought looked evil, especially Anna. The oldest child Sam had to sleep down the rotten creaky stairs in the living room because his nice, gentle mum and dad wanted the master bedroom and Anna wanted the other room.

The next morning the family all decide to go for a walk through the paddocks but the oldest child Sam, decides to stay home. The phone rings. Sam answers the old fashion phone but all he could hear was deep, heavy breathing. Automatically the phone hangs up by itself. Sam starts to feel petrified and frightened as if somebody was keeping their eyes on him. Back in the cottage kitchen Sam looks out the mouldy, wooden window. He realises the old torn scarecrow had disappeared…..no……yes it was really gone.

Sam starts to feel more terrified so he decides to turn on the TV but there was no reception. Unexpectedly there was a knock on the sold wooden door. Sam looks out the old fashion window near the door. There is nobody at the door. Sam starts to feel like his being spied on.

Sam immediately tries to ring his Mum’s mobile but he realises that she didn’t have her phone because Sam heard it ringing in her bedroom. So Sam runs up into the bedroom and ends the call. Sam sees the scarecrow looking through the cracked, dusty window. Sam feels very terrified.

Sam’s Mums phone starts to ring so Sam answers it and all he could hear was his mum laughing her head off. Was Sam’s family scaring him…….?

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

Article posted May 18, 2010 at 10:10 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 59

Tecnolege challenge

When we first all stomped into the hall we where put into groups 1-20. The next thing they told us where the instructions. We had to built a pole out of 8 pieses of newspaper 10cm of Sellotape in 15 mins. When we said go the hall became clamorous everybody was exploding with idears. Finally all my team came up with an idear to build the pole. First we started to build the sticks. Then we tried to build a base but it didn’t work out as well as we thought then sadly everything calapsed ohoh. All the teachers said Stop what your doing. So we did

The next thing we had to build was a miniature tennis court that worked. This time we got to use some string as much pieses of selitape that we wanted to and 10 pieces of newspaper. Ready se to said all the teachers. We came up with a perfect idear then we started to build that perfet idear. Jake built the bats. Briget Hope and I did the net and court Niel did the ball and helped all of us out. Finally we had got it done. Then the teachers tried them out. Our net and court was good but next time we need to put the net the other way and our bats where a bit to floppy.

Yay it is morning tea time. To get more energey I had twistis and a fly cake yum yum. After morning tea we had to build another pole. This time we started with the base and built up but the base was uneven and to small. We tried and tried to make the base even but it kept on falling over. The teachers said stop. We didn’t win but group two did. We felt proud for them anyway.

Next we had to build the tennis court again this time Hope and I did one bat each Jake did the ball and helped out. Neil and Brigit did the net and court. When the teachers said stop we only had one ball two tennis racets and a court but no net. One team had the stronges bats but the other team had a better net. So the teaches gave some points to both teams. Before we left the hall they anounsed which team had won the hold tecnolege challenge. Everybody was wishing it was going to be there team. The teachers had counted all the points then Miss Williomson said group 1 has come first.

I loved the tecnolge challenge because it taught me how to work together in a team.

My Cuck Close Art

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

Chuck Close Model

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

Chuck Close

Chuck Close was born on July 5th, 1940 in Monroe, Washington.

Chuck Close is a fantastic American painter and photographer he achieved frame as a photorealist, through his massive-scale portraits. Though his catastrophic spinal artery collapsed in 1988 left Chuck Close severely paralyzed, but has continued to paint and produce art which remains with museums and collectors.

Chuck Close is a 58 year old man.

Chuck Close is now living in New York.

Chuck Close is associated with the style of painting called Photorealism also called Superrealism. With this style, all artists in the early 1970s created a link between representational systems of paining and photography.

Article posted December 1, 2009 at 09:24 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 49

Finally, it was time for the night walk. Whaea Andrea told us the rules, then we all lined up outside ready for the night walk. I felt so excited because this was my first time ever going in the bush with a group of people. When everybody was in the bush and straddling the rope, the torches died down. The trees were swaying from side to side, silently in the whistling night. When we started to walk I heard people crying hard out. When we were half way, the front people started to scream. At that moment I knew something bad was going to happen. I finally got to the half way point. I was holding onto Kaira’s hand as hard as I could. Then suddenly a parent jumped out of the bush. I screamed the loudest that I had ever screamed before!

PPPs are when you show your parents what you have learnt for the year.I am so exited because I can show my Mum everything I have done this year. First I am going to show her all the stuff that I have done in reading.I can't wait till I show my Mum all the stuff that I have learnt for the year. Thank you.

Article posted October 20, 2009 at 02:12 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 39

Belinda

Lynmore Primary School

Iles Road,

Lynmore,

Rotorua,

18th September 2009,

RE: Possums are a pest

Dear Minister of Conservation Hon Tim Groser,

I am going to try and convince you to give us spare money to help us get rid of possums because they are ruining New Zealand’s unique biodiversity.

First, research shows that farmers have had enough of their cattle being killed from a possum disease called Bovine Tuberculosis (T.B.). If your animal gets T.B. there is no use trying to save it from dying. This is because T.B. is a very dreadful and strong disease.

Second, look at your tree before you go to bed, with leave on it. I bet you in the morning when you wake up it will be bare with no leaves left on it. Adding to that in one night 20 possums can eat up to 6 kilograms of vegetation. That’s enough leaves, fruit and vegetation to fill three plastic shopping bags full.

Third, if we don’t get rid of these possums we will lose our native flora and fauna, which is very special to New Zealand. We need to remove these possums before they take over our native forests.

I hope that you have thought deep in your heart about how much destruction possums have been doing to our native flora and fauna. We would appreciate some kind of donation to help us get ris of these pests.

Yours Sincerely,

Belinda

Article posted September 2, 2009 at 07:57 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 43

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

Article posted August 24, 2009 at 03:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 44

I have bumpy tough scales.

I eat hopping bouncing insects all day long.

I fight babies like me.

I have razor sharp spikes on my back.

I croak like a criket.

I have green and brown tough scales.

I have rough scales like concrete.

I love the shimmering glowing sun.

I have bright spiky white teeth.

I am like a large dragon that can't fly. 

Article posted August 10, 2009 at 10:59 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 51

Article posted June 24, 2009 at 06:28 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 50

When snow falls it looks like lollies falling from the deep blue sky.

When you build snowmen they look like people in the snow.

Snow looks like ice covering the dark black floor.

Snow looks like salt covering the mountins.

Article posted June 24, 2009 at 06:10 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 51

Children laughing on the beach sounds like waves crashing to the shore.

Sand looks like butter and salt mixed together with waves on top.

Far out at sea it looks like pancakes on top of the water.

When ships come in from sea it looks like and sounds like cars driving on the open road.

Article posted May 26, 2009 at 03:30 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 45

Blue is as bright as the sky.

Blue is shaped like a tear drop.

Blue is as deep as a great big sea.

Blue is like a police women's uniform .

Blue is like blueberries falling from the sky.

Blue is like waves crashing to the shore.

Article posted August 22, 2008 at 01:27 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 66

A policewoman is blue

She is Winter time

In the police station

She is icy

A policewoman is a blue uniform

A big tall stick

She is a shortwave radio

band

A black licorice.

By Belinda

Article posted August 1, 2008 at 04:27 AM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 48

One wet damp Autumn morning as I was

walking to school I saw leaves falling to

the solid cold soft ground. I could see birds chirping from high up on the hard

wet brown branches. I saw bundles of

leaves just like I'm lying down free in

leaves. Colours are all around me red

yellow, orange, and green. I felt like I was

in heaven with leaves everywhere on that

wet damp Autumn morning.

By Belinda

Hello and welcome to my awsome blog. This year you are going to see some action packed stuff so sit back and enjoy the show!