Copyright (c) 2014 by Belinda Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Belinda -- Blogmeister

Room 1 2011

Welcome to Room 1, 2011. There are many wonderful exciting action packed activities that we are going to be involved in this year. Be part of this magical journey by viewing our blog and be inspired for greater things...

by Belinda

teacher: Michael Cunliffe

Cheetah video add 11/28/10
Cheetah report 11/22/10
Cheetah quiz 11/21/10
My Chimp art 11/21/10
Te mahi kai 08/10/10
Andy Warhol Printing 07/25/10
Get out of our house! 07/20/10
Phantom Coach 07/20/10
Phantom Coach 06/27/10
Scarecrow 06/22/10
My Sample Recount Writing 05/18/10
My Chuck Close 03/23/10
Camp 12/01/09
PPP's 11/23/09
Pest letter 10/19/09
Eric Carle Butterfly 09/02/09
WHAT AM I ? 08/23/09
Chimpanzee Powerpoint 08/10/09
WINTER 06/24/09
SUMMER 06/24/09
BLUE 05/25/09
Photostory 11/18/08
Octopoem 08/21/08
Autumn Setting 07/31/08

Article posted November 29, 2010 at 01:10 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 107

This is my video add about cheetahs. Cheetahs are endangered.

Please watch my cheetah video bellow.

The cheetah is part of the cat family. The cheetah is the fastest animal on the planet and can reach speeds up to 110kph. The cheetah is endangered because of lots of different ways, for example, poachers kill the cheetahs for their fur, skin and teeth to sell for money.

Habitat

Cheetahs like warm dry places. They are best known for living in East Africa and South western Africa. They are normally found walking around in the Savannah grasslands and deserts and sometimes bush lands and semi deserts and might be found in tropical grasslands.

Diet

Cheetahs are carnivores which means they only eat meat. For example they eat warthogs, Impalas and lots of other animals. The main animal that the cheetah eats is the antelope. The cheetah is very good at catching its prey because of its long muscular legs, it can run really fast which gives the cheetah an advantage.

Characteristics

The cheetah has a longs streamlined body with long legs which is very useful. The male cheetah will make groups of 2-3 and those groups will go hunting together.

Behaviour

Cheetahs are very protective about their territory. The mummy cheetah takes her cubs hunting so when the cubs get older they know how to hunt for food.

Life Cycle

When the cheetah babies are little they are called cubs but when they get older they are called adult cheetahs.

Species and classification

The scientific name for the cheetah is Acinonyx Jubatus. The cheetah is a mammal which means when the mother gives birth they baby isn’t born in an egg and the baby drinks from the mother.

Natural Predators

The cheetah has lots of predators but its natural predators are lions, leopards, snakes, humans, wild dogs and hyenas.

Closing statement

The cheetah is being killed for lots of different reasons like for their skin and fur and also to keep as pets. If we don’t do something soon we will lose this lovely creature.

Click the link bellow to do my cheetah quiz

[LINK]

The first step that we had to do was copy a big and small circle onto our piece of paper. Then we got a step by step sheet and used the step by step to draw our monkey. Once we had finished our monkey we had to draw a back ground and colour it in. After that we had to go around our monkey in vivid. Then we ended up with our own chimp art.

ImageFra.me

Article posted August 11, 2010 at 12:52 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 58

During Maori food week we looked at different maori words and phrases for food. We then made a comic strip using our new maori words we learnt.

Check out my comic strip by clicking on the link below:

[LINK]

Article posted July 25, 2010 at 10:49 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 59

My Andy Warhol

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

Andy Warhol Model

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

Article posted July 21, 2010 at 01:24 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 72

My skeleton plot writing sample.

An old victiorina manchen is up for sale. No one knows but it has haunted ‘staff’ of terrible ghosts including a butler and other ghosts ervents. The ghosts never want to leave ‘their’ machen.

It is very important to the horrible ghosts that they like the new owners. If they have to share ‘their’ manchen, they want to have a say who moves in!

A gigantic number of people visited the ordinary machen to see if they wanted to buy it. First a little family of three came, but the ghosts didn’t like the family in a way so they started opening creacky doors and to the family it looked like nobody was opening the door so the family ran away and bellowed out ‘we don’t want to buy that manchen.’ Next was a school teacher called Miss Grumpy. The ghosts learnt why they call her Miss Grumpy so they took her hand bag off her and she yelled out ‘that manchen is haunted.’ Next was a young couple. The ghosts tried to scare them away but nothing worked they pocked the couple they whispered ‘I am going to haunt you’ but nothing worked so they decided to become friends and they did.

The couple finally brought the manchen. The ghosts took on their gobs as being servents and also helped the couple have a fantastic life together.

Article posted July 21, 2010 at 12:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 56

I am going to tell you an alarming story. I am positive that it is true. It happened 20 years ago in 1887. I have never told anyone this before. I was out walking in the dark dense forest when I became lost and white, soft snow started to fall from the grey clouds.

I knew I could not last the bitter murky night out in the open and made my way towards a bright, glowing light. It was a solid, brick house. I went into the house and a lovely man gave me some chocolate mud cake, some fresh spring water and some shelter for the night.

The owner of the house Jack, was very exotic. He told me a story about something that had happened that very freezing night three years earlier.

He told me that mail coach had been travelling in a mysterious snow storm, the panicking, saturated horses had slipped and the mail coach had toppled over a rocky, deadly cliff. The two black, chunky Clydesdales, the four men and the two drivers had sadly died.

The weather seemed to slowly, calm down so I decided to set off again. The owner of the house Jack told me quietly I would meet tonight’s mail coach if I set off immediately and tiptoed past the deadly cliff onto the crossroads. I would take me about a long hour but the black mail coach would halt there and I would be able to get a ride.

Anyway I set off again and I began to feel terrified and felt very strange. I had lost track of time and it became so dark that I couldn’t see. I was very surprised when I heard the mail coach clattering up behind me. It silently stopped and the two tall skinny drivers nodded when I politely asked if they would give me a lift.

I climbed inside the old fashioned mail coach and although it was even duskier than outside I could only just see that there were three men inside the coach. I tried to have a conversation with the three men, but none of the quiet, tired men would talk. Then I realised something was very wrong with the big, black coach and all the men. I tried to get the drivers to stop the cart but they didn’t so I tried to get out by myself but I couldn’t. I then heard a very high pitch screaming. It felt like we were flying through the air and I suddenly passed out. When I woke up two days later I found myself in my soft, warm bed. I had been found by two men in a snowdrift exactly where the coach had tragically crashed three years ago. But nothing else was found there.

I am going to tell you an alarming story. I am positive that it is true. It happened 20 years ago in 1887. I have never told anyone this before. I was out walking in the dark, dense forest when I became lost and white, soft snow started to fall from the grey clouds.

The Jackson family had been looking forward to going to the colourful, wooden rented cottage on the open, green countryside. When the Jackson family had finally arrived at the old, wooden cottage gate they saw next to the cottage was a big open paddock and in that paddock was an old, torn scarecrow that the family thought looked evil, especially Anna. The oldest child Sam had to sleep down the rotten creaky stairs in the living room because his nice, gentle mum and dad wanted the master bedroom and Anna wanted the other room.

The next morning the family all decide to go for a walk through the paddocks but the oldest child Sam, decides to stay home. The phone rings. Sam answers the old fashion phone but all he could hear was deep, heavy breathing. Automatically the phone hangs up by itself. Sam starts to feel petrified and frightened as if somebody was keeping their eyes on him. Back in the cottage kitchen Sam looks out the mouldy, wooden window. He realises the old torn scarecrow had disappeared…..no……yes it was really gone.

Sam starts to feel more terrified so he decides to turn on the TV but there was no reception. Unexpectedly there was a knock on the sold wooden door. Sam looks out the old fashion window near the door. There is nobody at the door. Sam starts to feel like his being spied on.

Sam immediately tries to ring his Mum’s mobile but he realises that she didn’t have her phone because Sam heard it ringing in her bedroom. So Sam runs up into the bedroom and ends the call. Sam sees the scarecrow looking through the cracked, dusty window. Sam feels very terrified.

Sam’s Mums phone starts to ring so Sam answers it and all he could hear was his mum laughing her head off. Was Sam’s family scaring him…….?

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

Hello and welcome to my awsome blog. This year you are going to see some action packed stuff so sit back and enjoy the show!