Copyright (c) 2014 by Timera Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Timera -- Blogmeister

Room 04 2011

Kia Ora! Welcome to Room 4. We are a room full of gorgeouly clever 9, 10 and 11 year olds in beautiful New Zealand Aotearoa. We love learning new things and always have lots of questions. The world is our oyster!!

by Timera

teacher: Leanne Stewart

Article posted September 11, 2011 at 05:29 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 150

Hi Rm 4 I forgot the address so i'll just say hi on here. I started my new school Labrador State School. The weather is really hot here. We were watching the rugby the other night and I loved the beginning. Anyway I really need to go miss you's

Timera Hape.

Article posted August 11, 2011 at 07:47 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 53

Q: HOW DOES THE BRAIN GET BRAIN FREZZE

A: When you drink a milkshake or eat somthing cold like an ice-cream, the cold hits the roof of your mouth, causing the blood-vessels in your brain to expand.

That in turn, triggers the pain similar to what migrain sufferers experience.

Article posted August 3, 2011 at 08:38 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 109

1:CARDIOVASCULAR - Main components: heart,veins,blood vessels. Circulation is the portion of cardiovascular system which transports oxygened blood away from the heart.

2:ENDORCINE - The Endorcine System is made up of series of glands that produce chemicals called Hormones.

3:EXETORY:In this system,water collects waist and enters the kidneys. At the kidney it goes down a long tube which leads into the bladder.

4:IMMUNE - The immune system is run by white blood cells which attack any foreign objects in the body.

5:INTEGUMENTARY is also known as the bodily system that consists on the skin and it's

associated structure such as:

nails, hadir and sweat glands and sebaceous glands.

6:LYMPHATIC - This category is for questions about the various vessels which lymph,a watery

fluid oleukocytes,circulates thru the body providing transportation for some materials and removing particles from tissues.

7:MUSCULAR - Muscels often work in pairs so that they can pull in different or oppisite directions

8:SKELETAL - Muscels attached to the bones at both ends to accomplish movement.

by Timera

My partner from our buddy class is called Caleb. Ruby is also his buddy. He likes trucks, sports and playing on the play ground he is also very funny and outgoing what an awesome buddy!

Timera.

Sumatran tigers are solitary animals and they are a type of specie that suffers from the loss of habitat and poachers hunting them for their fur and some unusual body parts to make Asian medicine. The Sumatran tiger is the smallest tiger of all tigers. Sumatran tigers are a part of the big cat family.

Sumatran tigers can live up to fifteen years in the wild and twenty fives years in captivity.

Indonesia Island is where the Sumatran tiger is normally found, otherwise they live in tropical jungles, dense forests and long dry grasslands that help them camouflage to stalk its prey.

Sumatran tigers have an orange and ginger coat with black stripes and padded feet to provide cushioning effect.

Sumatran tigers have a fair number of predators but when it comes to tiger cubs they will often be eaten by a hungry animal, for example bears and crocodiles.

Sumatran tigers eat fish, fowl and they hunt wild cattle and wild pig. Sumatran tigers get vitamins daily so they don’t get any weaker if there is nothing out in the wild to attack.

Kingdom: Animalia

Class: Mammilia

Order: Carnivora

Family: Felidae

Sumatran tigers are the smallest tiger specie but they their habitat is way too small in the zoos.

In the zoos Sumatran tigers have no predators and no prey to stalk unlike in the wild they have a let lose feeling, so they have enough space to mate with others but they still get injured from poachers.

Click on the link bellow to do my Sumatran Tiger Quiz

[LINK]

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

We have been studying endangered and threatened animals and had to follow a step by step instruction to sketch our chimps.

I hope you like it.

Article posted July 26, 2010 at 12:17 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 68

My Andy Warhol

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

Andy Warhol model

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

Article posted June 28, 2010 at 12:19 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 193

I am Lucas Simons I am going to tell you a frightening story. This had happened 20 years ago in 1887. I know it’s true because I was in this spooky story. I have tried not to tell anybody this story,but I have to tell this story to somebody.

I was walking along the icy, clear snow I suddenly got lost, I felt lonely. It began to tumble down with more and more snow I knew I could not last in this abominable weather.

I was right I couldn’t survive in that foul and creepy, horrible and terrible place. I began to see a glimmer of light, I made my way to the gloomy, blurry light it was a small, little cottage. I was given some hot noodles and hot chocolate with a nice warm shelter.

The owner of the small, little house was very weird and strange; he told me a very old story that happened three years earlier. Gary the owner of the lovely, cosy cottage had told me, “The mail coach had travelled in the thick, tough snow storm. The two golden chestnut horses had slipped on a slippery area with melted snow and toppled over a cliff. The to ugly drivers and four men had died inside the fast, wooden coach.”

The weather had seemed a lot better so I decided to head off on the slippery, steep road. The weird and strange owner had told me, “If you go now, you’ll see tonight’s mail coach,” so I walked past the cliff onto the crossroads. So there I was walking miles hoping that the mail coach would come and give me a ride. I carried on walking on my journey I felt very frightened and scared.

I lost track of time as it became to get darker, suddenly I hear the mail coach screeching behind me with his flash wooden phantom coach. They stopped and I asked if they could give me a ride the two drivers had nodded their little, scratched heads.

I climbed inside the wooden coach even though it was pitch black, but I could just see the three men inside the coach. I tried to make a friendly conversation but no one talked they were silent like a gold fish. I realised something was going on, something strange with the coach and the men. I tried to get out I tried, tried and boy did I try, but I couldn’t, so I tried to stay calm and happy.

I suddenly heard frightening screaming a mile away it felt like I was flying through the cold, misty clouds then, passed out. I woke up in bed two days later I was found in a freezing snowdrift exactly where the wooden coach crashed three years earlier, otherwise nothing else was found not even the two golden chestnut horses.

Excited, amazed, stunned the Kyle family screamed as they saw the last number on their lotto ticket appear on the TV screen. They had won a trip to a warm and comfortable cottage in the countryside.

Next to the beautiful cottage there was a scruffy, ugly scarecrow that was covered in green, slimy caterpillars from head to toe. It was so disgusting. The oldest child Xavier had to sleep on the squeaky couch that had cockroaches in the sides. Anita, his sister was fussy and wanted the second bedroom for her so called privacy and the parents wanted the master bedroom. The next morning they have to go out in the Kyle’s 3 seater jeep. The oldest, most responsible child Xavier has to stay home in the crammed, dusty cottage. He is walking around the old fashioned tile kitchen when the old phone rang.

She answers the phone but all she hears is a deep loud sound of somebody breathing. Suddenly the mystery voice hangs up and quietly and firmly Xavier puts the phone down.

Xavier starts to feel spooked, terrified, petrified and as if someone’s watching him. Back in the mouldy and rusty, ugly and dirty kitchen, he looked out the window that was covered in blood. Suddenly the scary and ragged, rusty and starving scarecrow disappears in a flash.

Xavier tries his hardest to turn the brown, crackly and stiff TV on but unfortunately it doesn’t work properly.

He hears a knock on the door, it sounded like someone knocking on the door with a hammer. Xavier looks out the dirty, cobwebbed window, but all he sees is thin air. Xavier tries to ring his mum but instead he hears his mum’s mobile phone in the huge master bedroom ring. He runs up the noisy, covered steps and dives on the bed like an Olympic swimmer and was relieved to hear the phone ring again.

He eventually looks out the tinted, shiny window. Shocked, spooked, worried the ugly scary one eyed scarecrow was standing, starring through the window.

Image Hosting by imagefra.me