Copyright (c) 2014 by Andrea Tapsell Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Andrea Tapsell -- Blogmeister

RockYou FXText
-

Welcome to Digikids. We are kids of the 21st century and love sharing our learning with others.

by Andrea Tapsell

Lynmoredigikids Delicious
Indian in the Cupboard
Lynmore Primary School

Article posted March 2, 2014 at 04:48 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 348

What a wonderful bunch of students you are:

Article posted February 3, 2014 at 09:19 AM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 33

Weekly Overview

photo Week12_Page_1.jpg

Maths

photo Week12_Page_2.jpg

Writing

photo Week12_Page_3.jpg

Reading

photo Week12_Page_4.jpg

Afternoon Programme

photo Week12_Page_5.jpg

Home Communication

There is no home communication this week. All children need to have returned their books to the homework box by end of the week.

Article posted December 8, 2013 at 06:41 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 52

After a rather drizzly overcast day in Rotorua, the day ended up to be a great day at the Mount. After our video on identifying rips, keeping safe at the beach, tour of the equipment surf life savers use and a game of capture the beach flags, we headed off for the best part of the day: The water activities. Below are a selection of some photos. A big thank you to all the parents who attended.

Article posted March 3, 2013 at 07:36 PM GMT+11 • comment (1) • Reads 42

Enjoy your break. Don't forget while on holiday to continue to read. Remember, if it is wet, put away the technology, get out some board games, like cards, monopoly, charades. All these game can help your maths and communication skills.

Have a good break and see you all back on Monday 6th May.

Whaea

Article posted February 14, 2013 at 10:01 PM GMT+11 • comment (1) • Reads 34

Welcome to 2013. An exciting year ahead of us with the Year 5 and Year 6's all working as one team.

This year there will be focus on the children completing reading every night. There will be a reading log that children need to complete and have signed off by their parents. Children will be working towards their 25, 50, 100, 150, 200 nights certificates.

In addition I would encourage all children to complete the Achievement Award tasks. At the moment these are under review so watch this space. We will advise when these are ready to go. These are a great way to get children involved in learning outside the classroom.

Article posted August 30, 2012 at 03:51 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 34

During Term 2 our class worked writing a picture book based around the NZ Transport Feet First competition of being safe around roads. As we had cycle safety during this term, we decided to base our stories around being safe when riding.

We had to write a narrative picture book story making sure that biking and cycling was a part of the story.

We also conducted a survey during our maths time to find out about picture books and illustrations. We had to learn about illustrations, and we had an expert from the Rotorua Library come and talk to us. We then practised some techniques which we then had to apply to create our own illustrations for our story.

We then had to put our story and illustrations together into a digital format. Finally, to make it interactive, we added links to quizzes and other sites so you can learn more about being safe on bikes.

While we didn't win, our school received a 'highly commended' certificate for our Digital Picture Books.

Below is an example. Visit our individual pages to read our other stories.

Article posted July 14, 2012 at 06:35 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 36

As part of our picture book unit, we also learnt about illustrations. One technique was to create a shadow art background. We practised using indian ink and our illustration had to reflect biking within it.

We then had to assess our illustrations against our solo rubric.

Article posted July 10, 2012 at 08:57 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 32

We have been writing picture books and present these as e-books, now are playing around trying to find out the best way to publish these as e books. Power point seems to be the best in order to get our multimedia links in.

Article posted May 25, 2012 at 09:12 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 32

This term our focus has been on 'Safer Journeys for Kids'. As part of this we created a tricky tricycle piece of art work. We knew we were successfull when we had :

1. Used 3 circles, two triangles and lines to create the framework.

2. Added detail such spokes, handlebars, seats, pedals to the framework shape.

3. From our shapes and lines we have two tricycles which overlap.

Check out the kids pages for their individual reflections on this piece of art.

Article posted April 8, 2012 at 06:17 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 35

Check out our Modigliani Portraits. We have been studying Modigliani and his style of art. To show our understanding of his style we had to create a portrait in his style of using elongated features such as faces and necks. We followed process of first practising on A4, evaluating each practise portrait so we could improve on the next one. We then enlarged this to an A3 size, again evaluating our work before completed the A2 size. Below our photos show our A3 and A2 sizes.

We think the are primo!

Check out our individual blog pages for our own portraits and our reflection on our art.

Digikids

Hi. My name is Whaea Andrea and have taught Year 4’s for the last 8 years. I have moved to Senior School, teaching Year 5’s. My background is that I was a Flight Instructor / Pilot for some 15 years and had opportunities to fly in the remote areas of Arhem Land, North Australia and in Papua New Guinea. I love teaching and with my background love anything technical and to do with computers. Locations of visitors to this page