Copyright (c) 2014 by Andrea Tapsell Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Andrea Tapsell -- Blogmeister

RockYou FXText
-

Welcome to Digikids. We are kids of the 21st century and love sharing our learning with others.

by Andrea Tapsell

Lynmoredigikids Delicious
Indian in the Cupboard
Lynmore Primary School

Article posted May 12, 2014 at 10:59 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 1471

Hi there,

My weekly planning has been moved to it's own page under Digikids on the left.

Click on Weekly Planning and you will see our weekly planning.

Article posted May 12, 2014 at 09:30 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 42

Check out our art unit. Our criteria was:

Select an appropriate, interesting section to sketch within an arrangement of flowers, plants

Know how to use a grid to enlarge from A4-A3

Use a range of finger paint techniques such as dabbing, flicking.

Know complimentary colours and be able to blend at least 2 of these to create work appealing to the viewer.

Article posted May 4, 2014 at 07:46 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 225

During our social science unit we looked at different ways people had recorded and remembered the past. We looked at things like crests, Egyptian hieroglyphics, Maori tukutuku panels, carvings and tattoos, mapping and many more.

At the end we had to design our own way of leaving a message. After creating our design we made tiles that have been mounted in our cloakbay.

Article posted May 4, 2014 at 07:36 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 39

Our first piece of art was to do a stylised 1/2 portrait of ourselves. We practised on an A4 then using grids we had to enlarge to A3. We had to blend colours and use block letters for our name.

Article posted March 2, 2014 at 04:48 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 822

What a wonderful bunch of students you are:

Article posted December 8, 2013 at 06:41 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 185

After a rather drizzly overcast day in Rotorua, the day ended up to be a great day at the Mount. After our video on identifying rips, keeping safe at the beach, tour of the equipment surf life savers use and a game of capture the beach flags, we headed off for the best part of the day: The water activities. Below are a selection of some photos. A big thank you to all the parents who attended.

Article posted March 3, 2013 at 07:36 PM GMT+11 • comment (1) • Reads 211

Enjoy your break. Don't forget while on holiday to continue to read. Remember, if it is wet, put away the technology, get out some board games, like cards, monopoly, charades. All these game can help your maths and communication skills.

Have a good break and see you all back on Monday 6th May.

Whaea

Article posted August 30, 2012 at 03:51 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 262

During Term 2 our class worked writing a picture book based around the NZ Transport Feet First competition of being safe around roads. As we had cycle safety during this term, we decided to base our stories around being safe when riding.

We had to write a narrative picture book story making sure that biking and cycling was a part of the story.

We also conducted a survey during our maths time to find out about picture books and illustrations. We had to learn about illustrations, and we had an expert from the Rotorua Library come and talk to us. We then practised some techniques which we then had to apply to create our own illustrations for our story.

We then had to put our story and illustrations together into a digital format. Finally, to make it interactive, we added links to quizzes and other sites so you can learn more about being safe on bikes.

While we didn't win, our school received a 'highly commended' certificate for our Digital Picture Books.

Below is an example. Visit our individual pages to read our other stories.

Article posted July 14, 2012 at 06:35 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 156

As part of our picture book unit, we also learnt about illustrations. One technique was to create a shadow art background. We practised using indian ink and our illustration had to reflect biking within it.

We then had to assess our illustrations against our solo rubric.

Article posted July 10, 2012 at 08:57 PM GMT+11 • comment • Reads 143

We have been writing picture books and present these as e-books, now are playing around trying to find out the best way to publish these as e books. Power point seems to be the best in order to get our multimedia links in.

Digikids

Hi. My name is Whaea Andrea and have taught Year 4’s for the last 8 years. I have moved to Senior School, teaching Year 5’s. My background is that I was a Flight Instructor / Pilot for some 15 years and had opportunities to fly in the remote areas of Arhem Land, North Australia and in Papua New Guinea. I love teaching and with my background love anything technical and to do with computers. Locations of visitors to this page