Copyright (c) 2014 by Jody Hayes Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Jody Hayes -- Blogmeister

-

We are a New Zealand class of Year Five & Six (nine - 11 years) children.

Voyagers are on a journey of leadership in our school through the virtue of SERVICE. We will visit new places and see new sights. Be an active participant in our voyage of discovery by leaving us regular comments.

by Jody Hayes

Article posted February 13, 2012 at 07:45 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 8572

Thank you to all our readers. I have moved on from Our Lady of Lourdes so this blog will cease to be updated. If you wish to follow what my new class are up to then you can find me at St Joseph's Grey Lynn.

[LINK]

or our class blog [LINK] or you can email me on jody@st-joseph.school.nz if there is a project you would like our children to have some learning conversations.

Thank you for all the support over the years, your comments have been so motivational to my students.

We have made our fly traps and they are full of flies, eggs, maggots and now our first pupa.

We are seeing the life cycle in action. (It does make me feel a bit sick!!!)

Article posted November 3, 2011 at 12:58 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 162

Voyagers and I have been working on a project all year for my National Aspiring Principals Programme titled 'Student Voice and Choice'.

We are expecting the newspaper reporter tomorrow as I have won the CORE EDUCATION Primary/Intermediate Professional Learning and Reflective Practice Award for 2011 for this work.

We are quite excited!

Voyagers and I will begin the term looking at the school wide inquiry thread of 'What's Bugging Me' with the rich question 'Why are they here?'. Before moving off for Voyagers to explore and think deeply about any bug they choose I have some exploratory phase activities planned around the house fly which should get us all thinking.

This term is an extremely short term with only eight weeks in it.

We have swimming twice a week for the first five weeks too so before you know it the term will be over!

So ... any 'fly' experts out there please get in touch with us.

Article posted October 13, 2011 at 08:47 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 186

Here in New Zealand it is almost the end of the first week of the school holidays. I have managed to get a bit of knitting in which always makes me feel like I've achieved something.

I have been busy knitting a pukeko and a snail today.

Article posted October 7, 2011 at 05:45 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 203

WE had a stunning turn out for our exhibition - thank you so much to all our visitors.

A special thank you to The Nest (our new entrant class) for their impressive writing about their visit to see our sculptures.

Here is the survey for final data collection for the project.

Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.

Article posted October 1, 2011 at 09:19 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 191

Our exhibition items are all ready and waiting in class. We have received replies from two of our families, three classes and Mrs O'Connor. I case you cant make it, here is a sneak preview ... Partick's sculpture is titled 'Helping Hands'.

We have sent our invitations out and know that The Nest (our new entrant class) and our Acting Principal Mrs O'Connor are coming to our exhibition.

Sculptures are close to ready and display cards are being published.

Article posted September 26, 2011 at 04:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 153

Dear Family (whanau) & friends (e hoa ma)

Voyagers are having a very special exhibition. We have been inspired by the work of Paul Dibble. It would be our absolute pleasure to have you as our guest for our humble, in class exhibition.

VENUE; Voyagers, Room Six

TIME; 11.40 am NZ time

DATE; Wednesday 5 October 2011

Please let us know if you are coming (or want to Skype during this time to see it for yourself). We understand if you are busy and cannot make it.

Many thanks

Voyagers

P.S the rugby world cup is in full swing here, we are doing a wee project for that but it is under wraps at the moment!

Voyagers

I've been blogging with my classes for six years and believe blogging to be a integral part of class life. Thank you to all of you who have left comments and had conversations with us. Don't expect to see a lot of 'bling' here ... DO EXPECT to experience our emerging thinking. Our blogs are real children experiencing real learning. Be a POWERFUL influence in our growth by collaborating with us. You may email me (Jody) on hayes@olol.school.nz

This is our new clustr map, to see the previous one click on it and then find the 'archive' map.