Copyright (c) 2014 by Helen Taylor Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Helen Taylor -- Blogmeister

Area Nine Class Blog-

Area Nine

Welcome to 'Area 9' class blog. We are a class of 30 super Year 6 students. A few students blogging for the first time and others clear experts in this field. Please feel free to share our experiences and comment on our individual learning journeys.

by Helen Taylor

BBC Revisewise
Thinking Games
learn to type correctly
Mathletics
Kinestics aid to learning your spellings
What Type of learner am I?
Mental Math's Starter for the Day
Oberthur School Website
Balanced Arguments

Article posted June 4, 2012 at 11:22 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 4936

Thank you to Sue Knight (Mrs Moody) for coming to work with the student's of Area9 this week. The introduction to the Wheat crop and especially WA contribution was very informative and set us up effectively for the forthcoming wheat investigation work.

The three crops we have now managed to sow in the school outdoor classroom beds are Federation, Olympic (nice connection with the 2012 Olympic games) and Emu Rock.

Our class experiment design will be underway next week- we will keep you posted on their progress.

Article posted September 2, 2010 at 03:24 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 89

This term we have been making jigsaws. The senior students have designed and made jigsaws to sell, to raise money for the new art room. We were lucky enough to secure a start up donation from the Attadale and Willeton Rotary clubs to enable us to undertake this project.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Article posted September 1, 2010 at 02:35 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 71

During Term 2 we were lucky emough to have a student teacher working with Area 5. Miss Harders was in school for two weeks and took responsibility for the topic of study relating to Biodiversity. Pupils really enjoyed this experience and having another teaching style in their classroom proved advantagious. Many thanks to Miss Harders for all her help and we wish her every success in her next school.

Article posted September 1, 2010 at 02:27 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 88

Here is Mitchell our Leader of the Government, the Honourable Colin Barnett.

Article posted September 1, 2010 at 02:19 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 104

This term we have been learning about politics and the Government. As part of this unit of study we have looked at our Australian system and in particular our State Government.

Article posted August 31, 2010 at 08:52 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 89

We celebrated a successful term of social dance classes with an after school dance competition. Here you can see some of the winners performing in one of the finals.

Article posted August 31, 2010 at 08:49 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 77

In term 2 Area 5 were lucky enough to represent Oberthur at the Chinese Activity day. The day contained lots of chinese activities adn an opportunity for Area 5 to practice their language skills. This is the chinese art of paper folding.

Article posted August 31, 2010 at 08:38 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 97

Area Five have just completed the school orienteering lessons. Here are some of the students on a time trial.

Article posted August 31, 2010 at 08:33 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 77

Here is one of our Korean Students, Da Som enjoying her BBQ meal that she prepared in her food technology class.

Article posted August 31, 2010 at 08:17 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 71

The excursion to Piney Lakes was a great day. Area five learnt about food chains and mini beasts.

Area 5

This is my fifth year teaching at Oberthur Primary School. As an 'Independant School' we are keen at Oberthur to facilitate the use of ICT in all aspects of teaching and learning both in school and in that of the wider society. In line with such ideals I hope to be able to lead my students in the individual Mac books, as well as improve my skills and as those of my students in the use of the 'class blog meister', 'web quests' Edmondo and 'Interactive Peer Tutoring'. Locations of visitors to this page