Article posted August 19, 2010 at 02:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 172

You can enter the text of your blog here!

I think I deserve a B in my literacy because my writing has improved, I some times get my grammar wrong. But its all improving my punctuation is getting better and im very positive about it. My comprehension is getting better but I forget what’s what (sometimes). If I want an A in my grades a have to try and practise as hard as I can.

Article posted August 19, 2010 at 02:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

The days of change project is about helping the environment everyday, providing a better future for everyone! A pledge card is a card that has more than 30 activities the main activities are to do with electricity, water and saving money! This project was tested in a town called York.

At home we are

Using energy efficient globes

Using a Solo hot Water Heater

Having short showers

We give away things we don’t need

At school we are

Taking out the plugs which are on Stand by mode

We turn off light when not needed

Using Natural lights

Article posted August 11, 2010 at 07:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

Felicia Miller was crying in the bathroom. Again. I knew it was her because in the three months I’d been going to Green Mountain High, I’d already seen Felicia crying in the bathroom twice. She had a really distinctive sob, high and breathy like a little kid’s, even though Felicia is two years older than me.

By Rachel Hawkins

Distinctive= Idiosyncrasy

High= Tall

Breathy= Gasp

Older= Grown-up

Article posted July 21, 2010 at 07:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

Article posted July 21, 2010 at 07:07 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

Man, I don’t know WHAT is up with girls* these days*. It used* to be a whole lot simpler back in primary school. The deal was*, if you were* the fastest* runner in your class, you got all the girls*. And in the fifth grade, the fastest runner was* Ronnie McCoy. Nowadays, it’s a whole lot more complicated. Now it’s about the kind of clothes you wear or how rich you are or if you have a cute* butt or whatever. And kids like Ronnie McCoy are scratching* their heads wondering what the heck happened. The most popular boy in my grade was Bryce Anderson. The thing that really stinks is that I have ALWAYS been into girls*, but kids* like Bryce have only com around in the last couple of years

These are some of the verbs I found!!

girls

days

used

were

runner

complicated

clothes

cute

scratching

happened

wondering

stinks

ALWAYS

Article posted July 21, 2010 at 06:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

Contractions are 2 words that can be made into 1 word but shorter by replacing a letter/s with a spostraphe.

E.G. They will= They'll

These are some other examples of contractions!

have not = haven't

are not = aren't

we will = we'll

they will = they'll

shall not = shan't

i would = i'd

were not = weren't

is not = isn't

you are = you're

they are = they're

i have = i've

they would = they'd

ought not = oughtn't

when is = when's

how is = how's

that will = that'll

Article posted February 10, 2010 at 06:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

This week we have been learning about nouns.

There are for diffrent types of nouns underneath this is some examples.

1.Collective Noun: A bouquet of flowers,A cloud of bats,A company of parrots,A donut of data,A congress of baboons,A doom of dragons, A gallop of greyhounds,A falling of dominoes,A float of crocodiles and A hamper of helpers.

2.Propernoun:Samantha,Paris,Herman,Melville, Mrs.Hacket,Snoopy,Oreo,Orlando,Tito's Taco Palace,Declaration of Independence,University of Virginia.

3.Pronoun:all,another,any,anybody,anyone,anything, both,each,each other,either,everybody,everone, everything,few,he,her,hers,herself,him,himself, his,I,it,its,itself,little,many,me,mine,more,

most,much,myself,neither,no one,nobody,none, nothing,one,one another,other,others,ours, ourselves,several,she,some,somebody and someone.

4.Commonnoun:writer,teacher,beagle,cookie,city,

restaurant,document,school,coffee,shop,waiter,

jeans,sandwich,chair,arena,country,fire,fighter,hairclip,hair,dount,pizza,pasta,headphones, keyboard,button,computer.

Article posted October 19, 2009 at 06:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

on the holidays iwent to the royal show we went on a couple of the rides. The first On the holidays I went to the Royal show we went on a couple of the rides. The first ride we went on was the ghost train when we went in the castle where it was dark and creepy the were a couple of fake statue doing freaky things like pretending to capture someone and when I said capture someone I meant the plastic people. There were also real people that came creeping up your back saying things that would scar you. When the man was talking to me he said I’ve got you and then I said oh hi and then the man said there’s no hi’s up here. I was near the end and I new that there would be another man that would say things this time he said BOOO out really loud which then made me scream really loud. I was still screaming and then I was out side and everyone was looking what the heck just happen. On another train there was my mum and my brother near the end this man knew that I was the daughter of that woman so he said in a quiet voice I’ve got your daughter and my mum screamed her head of. THE END TO BE CONTINUED.

Article posted March 30, 2009 at 06:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

Prefixes: A prefixes is a letters that goes in front of a word like un or bi. It adds to the base word.

Suffixes: Suffixes is the opposite of prefixes. It adds to the end of the base word like ing or ed those are the simple ones.

Example of a Prefixes….

ACC,ACRO,ADD,AERO,AFTER,AIR,ALLO, ANA,ARCH,ASH,AX,BACK,BAD,BAND,BAT, BATH,BEAR,BED,BOAT,BOOK,BOOT,BOW,

CAMP,CAT,CENT,COAL,CORD,CORN,COW, CROSS,CUT,DAY,DEAD,DEMI,DIA,DOG,

Here are some examples of suffixes!

Able,ad,ade,age,agogy,al,

ality,an,ance,ancy,ant,ar,

ard,ary,arch,archyeed,ee,eer,

eme,en,ence,ency,ent,eous,er

ergy,ern,ery,ese,esque,ess,etic,

ate.

here are examples of prefixes,suffixes and the base word for it.

1.Un Welcome ed

2.Uni Cycle ing

3.Tri Cycle S

4.Bi Cycle ed

5.Sub Marine S

6.Mis Understand ing

7.Un Comfort able

8.Un Real istic

9.Out Jump ing

10.Co Operate ive

Article posted March 13, 2009 at 02:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

1. As smart as Albert Einstein

2. As fast as a cheetah

3. As annoying as a pesky bug

4. As silly as a clown

5. As hot as the Sahara Desert

6. As musical as a hummingbird

7. As boring as the Home Shopping Network

8. As fat as a blown up blue balloon

9. As stubborn as an untrained dog

10. As tall as a Sequoia tree