Copyright (c) 2014 by Nancy Crosby Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Nancy Crosby -- Blogmeister

Mrs. Crosby's Class-

Mrs. Crosby's 5th Grade

5th grade class learning with technology.

by Nancy Crosby

Mr. Crosby's Class Blog
Other Blogs for Comments

Article posted September 29, 2014 at 04:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 516

Read the article called “The Vomit Comet.” Submit a blog post telling what the “Vomit Comet” is making sure to include what its purpose is. Would you want to ride on the “Vomit Comet” and tell us why or why not using details from the article to support your opinion? What kind of experiment would you want to do on the “Vomit Comet (connect it to Lauren)?

Article posted September 6, 2014 at 11:14 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 1328

Tell about a time that something funny happened to you or your family. Make sure it makes sense to anyone that reads it (which means to thoroughly explain it so we don't have any questions).

Article posted August 18, 2014 at 12:58 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 804

Write about a nickname (meaty paragraph) that you have or have had during your life. Explain who gave you the nickname, what it meant and whether or not you liked it and why. If you’ve never had a nickname, what might one be and why?

Article posted May 31, 2014 at 11:16 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 1816

Similar to what we read in A View from Saturday, describe a day you've had in your life that you would want to live over. Explain why you chose that day.

Article posted May 12, 2014 at 12:32 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 710

What types of connections do you see or can you make between the following 5 words?

teamwork

soul

kindness

diversity

risk

Explain thoroughly with details so that anyone (especially the "village idiot") will know what you mean and what you are thinking. Give examples?

Article posted February 24, 2014 at 12:44 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 1406

bene/beni    (Latin root)  =  good, well

Examples:

Benefactor

One who gives a benefit or benefits

Beneficial

Useful; profitable; helpful; advantageous; serviceable

Benediction

A blessing; wishes in favor of any person or thing

Benefit

An act of kindness; whatever promotes prosperity and personal happiness

Benevolent

Having a character to do good; charitable

Benign

Of a mild type or character; as, a benign disease

Benefaction

A benefit given; esp. a charitable donation

Benefice

A favor or benefit

Sentence examples:

Reverend Hunt gave a benediction at the end of the church service to wish them well for the week.

Getting 25% off my daughter’s purchases was a great benefit when she worked at American Eagle.

Article posted February 20, 2014 at 05:43 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 192

Using your character traits notes from My Side of the Mountain. Answer one of the following questions on your blog.

Pick one of the character traits you took notes on (must be one that you found examples of in ALL 4 sections) and choose one of the following to compare with yourself.

1. Choose a character trait (as noted above) that Sam had in the book that you believe you also have. Show why you think this utilizing the examples (there were 4) for Sam and showing examples (4???) for yourself.

or

2. Choose a character trait (as noted above) that Sam had in the book that you wish you also had (but you think you do not). Show why you think Sam has this trait utilizing the examples (there were 4) and show examples (4???) of why you think you do not have this trait.

Article posted January 9, 2014 at 12:00 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 123

Tell about a New Year's resolution you would make for 2014. In detail, explain what it is and why you chose that resolution. It could be a personal resolution or it could be related more to our world or community. If you choose a more "global" idea tell how you might help achieve that resolution. Be thorough, detailed, and well-written.

Article posted December 4, 2013 at 03:09 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 177

Fifth graders in my class have chosen a social issue facing our society/world that they would like to learn more about. Their blog tells what topic they chose and why, including a personal connection. Throughout the year they will revisit their topic in various ways - a written opinion piece, an oral presentation, an artistic representation, and an illustrated picture book.

Mrs. Crosby
Mrs. Crosby - Alumni