Copyright (c) 2014 by AA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AA -- Blogmeister

Ali

5B

by AA

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5

Article posted November 16, 2009 at 09:41 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

My Blood Journey

Have you ever wondered how your heart functions?

The heart is a part of a system called Transport/Circulatory System. My story starts when the deoxygenated blood comes from the superior vena cava (the upper part of our body), and the inferior vena cava (the lower part of our body), from there my blood goes to the right atrium and gets stuck and squished until there is lots of blood, when there is lots of blood the tricuspid valve opens, and lets my blood pass through the tricuspid valve, to the right ventricle, and gets taken away by the pulmonary artery that carries deoxygenated blood to the lungs, to get rid of the gas waste, carbon dioxide.

Then I inhale oxygen, and happily the pulmonary vein that carriesoxygenated blood takes the oxygenated blood to the left atrium, and gets stuck and squished again waiting for more blood to transport to the left atrium, when there is lots of blood the mitral valve opens, and the blood flows to the left ventricle, and gets taken away by the aorta to the body cells who are waiting for me to be fed. And that’s how our heart functions.

My advice to you is that to exercise a lot, avoid polluted areas, avoid smoking people, and eat healthy food to help your transport system function.  

Article posted November 13, 2009 at 10:09 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 32

My summer was great, I did uncountable things! From swimming, going to the beach, traveling, playing football and so many other things. But I mostly enjoyed my trip to Greece in August.

I also did many things in Greece, but I mostly liked doing the water sports there, specifically, the “Fly Fish”. It is a kind of boat that looks like three bananas stuck together in different ways. Funny to me actually!!! Anyways I did this activity with my sister, Clara, and my friends. It is pulled by a speedboat, and when the speedboat turns the “Fly Fish “would fly, literally, it was scary at first, I got use to it. The water was splashing everywhere and the fly fish was going so fast, it was hardly believable! I had loads of fun that day! It was a fantastic ride!

Hopefully in the summer I will do something wild and crazy again! Hopefully next summer…. Can’t wait!

Article posted November 13, 2009 at 09:57 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 33

A friend that matters to me, that means to me most, is a friend that is trustworthy, tolerant, respectful and helpful. Well that’s just the traits that I look for in a good friend. A good friend is someone who is meaningful to me, someone who cares and is always there for me, it doesn’t matter whether the person is popular, good-looking, ugly, weird, or anything that has to do with outer traits, it all about the person inside, that’s what I look for in a friend, a person who is sweet, and caring, a person I can rely on, a person that will never backstab me, or betray me at all.

A good friend is supposed to be loyal and honest. A friend will treat you the way you treat him, if you treat him well, with kindness, and tolerance, and loyalty, I guess he or she will too. But is you backstab your friend, if you hurt him or her, if you lie to him or her, if you do anything offensive, I think it will all come back to you, he will treat the way you treat him, no matter what. But always cherish and care for your friends, always and forever.

Article posted November 13, 2009 at 06:38 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 35

An adventure I would like to have is an adventure on a deserted island, where no one has ever lived, with the tropical animals and plants, forests, and jungles.

I want to discover new things, things I don’t see every day, wild things, and undiscovered things. I would do everything to survive using the environment around me, I would drink water from the rivers and lakes on the island, and I will hunt and gather my food. I will gather food from the plants and hunt meat, animals. I will build my shelter with the leaves of a palm tree and the wood of tree trunk. I will take swims in the sea that borders the island that I am stranded on; I will fish some fish to eat too. I will do everything to survive. I think it would be cool. Building a camp, hunting for food, building shelter, discovering new things swimming in wide oceans, dangerous oceans. It is also hard. If I could have an adventure for at least a day it would be this.

Article posted November 13, 2009 at 06:35 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 32

“I’m bored, what should we do today? We’ve been sitting here for hours, just watching T.V!” I exclaimed, “Why don’t we go Go-karting?” My cousin Belinda suggested, “We did that yesterday Bells, it’s getting boring.” I said, “Or why don’t we go to paintball? Belinda suggested again, “Then why don’t we go to your boat Ali?”Jad, my other cousin, said “Yeah why not!?” Clara, my sister, said, “We’ll just have to ask our dad,” she added, “Yeah!” I said. I asked my dad and he gave us permission to go jet skiing on my boat. But he also said to be very careful, to make sure we don’t get hurt. We were all very thrilled to go, we wore our swimming suit and left the house to my boat to go jet skiing.

When we arrived we all got out of the car frantically. We all ran to the boat to get ready for jet skiing, and me and Belinda jumped on the blue Jet Ski very excited, so did Clara she went on another jet ski, so we took off. We went speedy; all of the water was flying around me, and I didn’t stop moving. While I was driving the Jet Ski, Belinda stopped me, and suggested that we go to movenpick, but I disagreed I suggested that we go next to Biel because movenpick was too far. We went next to Beil, it was very fun. We were jumping on the gigantic waves, and drifting everywhere. I could tell that Belinda was really frightened and enjoying it because of her screaming, I could tell from the way she screamed, I could tell from her voice when she screamed. Sometimes, she was screaming with enjoyment, and sometimes she screamed when we were jumping a high wave!

My sister got bored and she went back to have lunch, we told her that we are going to stay for ten more minutes. My sister reminded us to be careful, and we did, until, well…until I speeded up, at 50 mph,   I was frightened I didn’t know what I was doing and on top of all that the steering gear was stuck, I wasn’t able to control the jet ski, it was controlling me. Belinda held tight to me, she accidently pushed me forward, she put all her weight on me, and I banged my lips on the gear.

For a moment I didn’t feel like it was a bad injury, I was in pain, but I didn’t feel the blood oozing out of my lips, until I touched the injury carefully and felt the liquid oozing out like a river.  I was even more frightened when I knew my lip was cut open. I drove the Jet Ski back to the port. I ran back to where my boat was parked and showed my driver the cut on my lip. He took me to the hospital immediately, and we went straight into the emergency room. The doctors there stitched my lip up and fixed my broken tooth and that was the end of my painful day.

I will never forget this day, this fun day.

Article posted November 10, 2009 at 06:19 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 33

My Favorite Movie

My favorite movie is a frightening and interesting movie named “Stay Alive”. I really enjoyed watching the movie especially the scary parts.

The movie is about a game named “Stay Alive”. Loads of people bought it, when they get game over they die in real life the way they died in the game. In the end many people died, but there was a three people gang that killed Elizabeth (the murderer).

My favorite character is October because she was very brave, but she died in the end of the movie.

!

Article posted October 28, 2009 at 10:48 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 32

AA                                                                       28/10/09                                             If Only They Could Speak         

Come on, please do it! I am not garbage! Students, teenagers, andgrownups, these people are irresponsible.

If only I could speak, I would tell them, “Do that simple thing!” Flush the toilet when you’re done! Flush, Flush, Flush! Oh my god! What a mess I am in! They don’t know how to aim. Just pretend you’re in a real game! I feel terrible and extremely dirty; you just don’t know how it’s like to be urinated on my sides and me, because you will never be me!!!

I wish people would think and do the right thing. I can’t wait until summer vacation; I can’t wait until they all leave, I can rest, sleep, and chat with my buddy that has the same miserable destiny, like me.

Article posted September 16, 2009 at 06:32 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

My favorite sport is soccer, because it is full of coaperation, sportmenship, thinking, and recpect. You can play soccer everywhere, also you can play tournamets, play friendly mathches, kick the ball around, and many more.

Soccer is played with all types of body parts except the hands, but the most thing soccer is all about is groupwork. What do I like about soccer is having fun.

Article posted October 29, 2008 at 02:06 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 33

Splish, splash

The rain goes bang

Boom, boom

The lightning strikes down

Zoom!

The rain falls stronger

Drop, drop

The rain stopped.